Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,977 members, 7,825,048 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) (20732 Views)

Akwa Ibom State Is 35 Today(photos) / Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic / Meet Amina Mohammed, Most Beautiful & Highly Placed Woman From Northern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by BlackPikiN(m): 8:24am On Apr 13, 2020
Nowenuse:

Northern Christians have not been playing politics based on religion. It is northern muslims that have always been playing politics based on religion and that is why it is impossible to find a place that is muslim majority in the north and they elect a Christian as their political leader.
However, times without number, Muslims are elected in places that are overwhelmingly Christian.

E.g Ibrahim Nasiru Mantu (former deputy Senate president)was elected senator for 8 years in Plateau central senatorial district.

Are you aware that Plateau central is 80% Christian?

The first senator of Taraba south (in 1999) was also a muslim, is Taraba south a muslim majority zone?

The former senator of Adamawa south was was a muslim. Is Adamawa south Muslim majority?

In the just concluded elections in Gombe south. The Christian APC candidate won the muslim PDP candidate with a very tiny margin.
The last 2 house of reps representing Gombe south were muslims.

Now tell me, is Gombe south a muslim majority zone?

Christians have always been voting for muslims even in Places were muslims are a small minority, but muslims will never vote for Christians unless they are a minority in such places.

So, I repeat, only a big foool will judge Northern Nigeria's population based on the religions of their political leaders. That would only have been possible if the Christians had been playing religious politics from the beginning. However facts have shown that this is not the case.

Sure about this?
The 1st elected mayor of Enugu is actually a Fulani Muslim.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Nowenuse: 11:09am On Apr 13, 2020
deltaprincess:

Correction, Hausa Fulani is a non-existent Ethnic group. There is no such thing. We have the Hausa ethnicity and the Fulani ethnicity.

Each Ethnic group has got it's own cultural values and respective language.

Hausa/Fulani is only used for political considerations.

So go back and do more research. After that, you can correct your write up.

Hausas & Fulanis have merged into the same social structure and that is why we classify them together. It is not as if we don't know that there is a difference.

Millions (majority) of the Fulanis live in NW Nigeria and almost all of them have become Hausanized .... Hausa is their only mother tongue and they intermarry like nonsense.

How do u want to differentiate these people?

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Nowenuse: 11:13am On Apr 13, 2020
joeyfire:
This thread reminds me of how my Igala lecturer was complaining those days that "when it is time for politics they say all of us are one north but when it's time for us to be rewarded they say we are not core north". In my mind I said ntooor grin

grin grin

Igalas, Idomas & Tivs are like the most foolish group of people I have ever seen. (Apologies to them grin).
These people naturally do not even understand a word of Hausa language, unlike we from Plateau, Southern Kaduna, Taraba, Adamawa e.t.c who speak Hausa as a 2nd language, yet u don't even see these Benue & Kogi people agitating for a middlebelt identity like us.

5 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Naajjii: 12:25pm On Apr 13, 2020
Nowenuse:

grin grin

Igalas, Idomas & Tivs are like the most foolish group of people I have ever seen. (Apologies to them grin).
These people naturally do not even understand a word of Hausa language, unlike we from Plateau, Southern Kaduna, Taraba, Adamawa e.t.c who speak Hausa as a 2nd language, yet u don't even see these Benue & Kogi people agitating for a middlebelt identity like us.
Barka da Easter mutumi na. Those 3 tribes are among the biggest in central Nigeria , history shows that you nyamiri people were their slaves and they share border with you people, therefore do anyhow and see anyhow grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by deltaprincess(f): 1:15pm On Apr 13, 2020
Nowenuse:

Hausas & Fulanis have merged into the same social structure and that is why we classify them together. It is not as if we don't know that there is a difference.

Millions (majority) of the Fulanis live in NW Nigeria and almost all of them have become Hausanized .... Hausa is their only mother tongue and they intermarry like nonsense.

How do u want to differentiate these people?

You are very wrong. Fulanis speak Fulfulde. Fulanis are easily differentiated from Hausas.

Please do more research.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by ZKOSOSO(m): 3:12pm On Apr 13, 2020
deltaprincess:

You are very wrong. Fulanis speak Fulfulde. Fulanis are easily differentiated from Hausas.
Please do more research.
You don't seem to understand where the OP is coming from at all. He knows better than you do on the difference.
He chose to lumped HausaFulanis as one fully blended socio-religion entity who are culturally at ease in the schemes of Nigeria politics

Some of us can even speak a little bit of Fulfude itself. We know the diff but in this context, Fulanis as invaders from Futa Jalo and Toro, have chosen Hausa ethnic group as the subsumed host to plague the politics of the geographical entity called Nigeria. This is the issue at hand

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by deltaprincess(f): 4:45pm On Apr 13, 2020
ZKOSOSO:

You don't seem to understand where the OP is coming from at all. He knows better than you do on the difference.
He chose to lumped HausaFulanis as one fully blended socio-religion entity who are culturally at ease in the schemes of Nigeria politics

Some of us can even speak a little bit of Fulfude itself. We know the diff but in this context, Fulanis as invaders from Futa Jalo and Toro, have chosen Hausa ethnic group as the subsumed host to plague the politics of the geographical entity called Nigeria. This is the issue at hand

You still don't get it. No one can choose an ethnicity. Ethnic identities are unique. Fulani and Hausa are 2 unrelated Ethnicities.
Hausa belongs to the Afroasiatic language group while Fulani is Niger-Congo.
They both have different heritage and tradition. The OP cannot use a political hegemony as an Ethnic group. It is very unscholarly.

I am well learned and I don't want to make the OP feel intimidated from the misinformation he has posted. That is why I have asked him to make more research and correct himself.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Naajjii: 7:26pm On Apr 13, 2020
Here is an update from IPOB nowenuse and other IPOBIANS enjoy!!!!!!

Four members of the Indigenous People of Biafra(IPOB) have been expelled from the organisation.

Disclosing this in audio broadcast on Monday, IPOB leader Nnamdi Kanu alleged that the expelled IPOB members were involved in fraudulent activities including armed robbery and kidnapping.

He listed the persons involved to include one Onwukwe Nwanze, Chukwunye Matthew, Akuwa and Ojukwu.

These persons have been expelled from IPOB and anybody dealing with them is doing so at his or her own risk. They are not part of this family any more,” Kanu said.

According to him, they were involved in fraudulent activities.

“Apart from that, they are informants to Nigeria government. They go about claiming that they are members of Biafra Secret Service media and innocent family members are in police custody because of them. ”

He also claimed that there is a new trend of fraud been perpetuated by some people he alleged were security agents.

“They are circulating forms online claiming that they are IPOB when they are not, telling people that they are government when we do not have any government because only the people of Biafra will elect a government.

https://thenationonlineng.net/ipob-expels-four-members/

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by pazienza(m): 11:37pm On Apr 13, 2020
Nowenuse:

Myself and Osita recently had an argument with another Anioma person and some SE Igbos. The SE Igbos were insisting that the name DELTA IGBO should be abolished and that IGBO is IGBO, I supported the SE Igbos cos to the best of my understanding, Hausas & Yorubas who share the same state with minority tribes in Kwara, Kogi, Kaduna, Bauchi & Kebbi do not identity themselves as Kwara Yoruba or Kaduna Hausa. So, to me the excuse of Delta Igbo being because the Aniomas share a state with other minorities does not hold water.

Fair point.

However, Osita explained to me in a very long call why they must stick with the DELTA IGBO tag. As they are unique and can never loose their uniqueness to a larger Igbo identity. I perfectly understood where he was coming from and I agreed with him.

The very idea of Anioma being unique is only sentimental and not in tandem with the reality.
Every Igbo clan at the border area is unique. We have Igala and Idoma speakers in Nsukka, we have Kele speakers in Ebonyi North, we have some families with Ijaw history in Ndoki Abia south. Arochukwu and Abiriba are in Abia south and are strongly linked with Efiks. The Oguta, Egbema and groups in Ohaji Imo state have their own Bini fantasy oral stories.
Nothing whatsoever unique about Anioma, other than them being separated politically from the rest of Igbo groups after 1938 division of Southern Nigeria into West and Eastern region, a division their leaders then fought against.

Are you aware that Kings and traditional rulers from Nsukka axis always go to Idah to pay homage, respects and even get coronated? Whenever the Attah of Igala is celebrating his birthday, anniversary on throne or coronation, come and see the array of Nsukka Kings that are always present. I have seen it Korokoro! One of the Nsukka Kings even said that he is very proud of his roots (Idah) and that when he goes back to Nsukka he will tell his people about the richness of their roots and origins.

We are well aware that parts of Nsukka suffer from Stockholm syndrome, after Igala invaded them precolonial era. We kept it under wraps because the Igala know these people are Igbos and have not before now made moves to start claiming them like Bini is doing in Anioma, and there is no "I no be Ibo" nonsense in that part of Igboland.

So, why is it that SE Igbos hardly talk about Nsukka affiliation with Igala? Is it cos Nsukka people do not deny their Igbo identity?

Because Igala had respected themselves until recently when they started trying to expand into Nsukkaland like their Bini brothers have been doing in Anioma.
Recently a certain Ayegba Abdullah, sponsored by Idah throne engaged in expansionism campaign trying to claim that Igala have territories in Anambra North and Nsukka. This had created a bad blood between Igala and Igbos, and the battle have been raging online now. We had put Nsukka people under pressure to choose side, and they are currently all over the facebook denying Igalas.
Better believe it. Nsukka people in coming years would have to severe all ties with Igala or lose the trust of other Igbos.
And we are not stopping at that, we also have started reaching out to Igbo speaking groups in Igala land like Eke Avurugo, Akpanya, and we will start claiming those places as well since Igalas feel they can start expansionism in SE.

Imagine if Nsukka people since colonial era had been under the Northern region and being classified in same states & provinces with Igalas, Idomas & Igedes, and have been reporting to Jos or Kaduna as their state capital, don't u know that many of them would have also been caught up in the Igbo denial issue?

Umezekoha have been in Benue state for decades now, and they have not denied being Igbos, despite Idomas and Igedes best efforts to assimilate them or claim they don't exist. They retain their Igbo identity.
Nobody should be under the impression that Ndiigbo owe them anything for maintaining their Igbo identity, or that we should accept their chameleonic attitude towards their Igbo identity.
Israelites like Esther in the Bible lived in foreign land for centuries, and yet retained their identity. Anioma is not in a different continent from SE, neither is it not contiguous with Igboland. So saying that Anioma Igbo denial should be tolerated because they were not in same political structure with other Igbos in SE, is nonsense. If anything, that should be the more reason they should want to hold unto their Igbo identity. Look at the Ijaws in Ondo.We know Igbo denial in those parts is strongly tied to the events of 1967-70, after which Nigerian government made it hard for anyone to be Igbo, being in Midwest never stopped Anioma leaders like Ekwugha, Osadebey, etc from being part and parcel of the defunct Igbo union and playing prominent role in the union.

You Igbos have always presented yourself as republicans, please let it remain that way. Do you know that when other minorities see you guys forcing yourselves on the Aniomas, it scares some of them and reinforces the belief that they can never join you guys in the Biafran project? Same thing with the Rivers Igbos and even the Aniomas themselves.
I have met many Aniomas & Rivers Igbos who said that they reject Igbo identity because of the overbearing and forceful nature of the SErn Igbos.

No Igbo is forcing any Anioma person to be Igbo.
It always seem we are forcing them because, for Anioma to deny Igbo, they have to project so many lies against Ndiigbo, they have to rewrite our history. It's in the cause of refuting these historical distortions, that the impression of Igbos forcing them to be Igbo is created in the eyes of onlookers.
For example, if Anioma is not Igbo, how exactly can we rewrite Nzeogwu so called Igbo coup? Should we now call it Anioma coup.
They say they became Igbo speaking because of trade interactions with us. But we don't remember ever transacting with them as non Igbo speakers, our ancestors told us they always spoke Igbo with Anioma people. They say it was Igbo missionaries that spread Igbo language in Anioma region, but we know that the Missionaries first arrived in Aboh before they came to SE, and the Aboh people they met were Igbo speaking, we also know that the first churches in Igbo speaking parts were established in Anioma land, from Aboh to Asaba, and that the whites recruited Anioma missionaries who helped them spread the gospel in SE using Igbo language.
It was Anioma missionaries who came to SE and not the other way round.
Some of them claim Igbos invaded and Igbonized their Bini ancestors, but we know Ndiigbo were never empire builders and never had an emperor and we don't have Anioma invasion in our folklores. If any one invaded them, it was the Bini.
These are issues we often bicker front and back with them.

Similar thing happens with the Igboids in Rivers state.

You Igbos have always presented yourself as republicans, please let it remain that way. Do you know that when other minorities see you guys forcing yourselves on the Aniomas, it scares some of them and reinforces the belief that they can never join you guys in the Biafran project? Same thing with the Rivers Igbos and even the Aniomas themselves.
I have met many Aniomas & Rivers Igbos who said that they reject Igbo identity because of the overbearing and forceful nature of the SErn Igbos. of your own life, the person is even drawn to u the more.

Again. No Igbo ever forced anyone to be Igbo.
I have never seen any Igbo group do that.
All we do is debunk lies of all these Igbo hating Igboids against us.
The Anioma person telling you about forceful nature of SE is mad. Ndiigbo in SE never invaded and imposed taxes on them, we never terrorized , kidnapped and sold them to Portuguese as slaves.
The Bini did all those to them. And they (Bini,) also massacred them again in Bini city when the town was captured by Nigerian Army during the war.
Yet none of this stops their kings from going to Bini to bow down to Oba bini like royal slaves suffering from Stockholm syndrome.
Whatever have Ndiigbo in SE ever done to them? Because we refused their distortions of our shared history?
Please! Nobody is doing anyone any favors accepting their Igbo tag. Not all Germanic tribes accepted to be part of Germany, yet Germany remains a strong nation. With or without Igboid groups outside SE, Igbo will remain a formidable group.

Yes, it is very true that the Aboriginal Anioma people were originally Igbo speaking, but is this not also the same thing with the Itsekiris?
The Itsekiris were coastal Ijebu speakers who were united under one kingdom by a runaway/exiled Benin prince and today many Itsekiris will tell u that they are of Benin origin.

Ethnicity in Nigeria had all been decided centuries ago. Itsekiri developed into an independent ethnic group with no affiliation with Yorubas even before the colonials arrived. They were independent and Itsekiri ethnic group and were identified as that before the whites came, and the whites came. They recognized that.
There are many parts of Ondo especially Akoko SE LGA that are not Yoruboid speaking, they speak Edoid language, but they are all Yoruba today. Usen in Ovia SW in Edo is Yoruboid speaking, yet are proudly Edo people today. We know that there are many Edo families in Owo and Akure, Bini colonized all these areas in the past too, but they are all Yoruba today, and not even Edo people are talking about links with these places.
But in Igboland, groups who were Igbos before 1970, started being non Igbos after 1970.
Which would have been okay, if these shameless groups don't go about distorting history and presenting SE in bad light to justify their own madness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by pazienza(m): 12:11am On Apr 14, 2020
Nowenuse

In history, it can be well seen that settlers who have a superior culture/kingship values always end up dominating the docile Aboriginal natives whom they met.
Today, almost all Ogwashi uku people will tell u they came from Nri, but that is not true, the Nri people also met aboriginal people when they came to Ogwash.

I don't believe that Ogwashiuku didn't already have aboriginal Igbo speaking groups on ground before arrival of the Nri prince. Problem with oral accounts from Anioma is that there is this fixation on Monarchical migrant figures, be they from Bini, Igala or Nri, and suppression of aboriginal republican pre existing Igbo communities there.
Ogwashuku is Igbo speaking because the aboriginals Nri met on ground were already Igbo speaking, and they were in majority. Today nothing is spoken about them, there was this willful deletion of their existence, instead a mention of Edoid Ikelike people are mentioned. I point this out, they get angry.

The Attah of Igala and many Igalas today will tell you that they came from Kwararafa, but not all Igalas came from Kwararafa. Those who came from Kwararafa and took the leadership of Igala land met aboriginal Yoruba speaking Akpoto people there! Infact, not until few decades ago, there was a sort of caste system between the Kwararafan settlers and the aboriginal Akpoto people. That is why till date if Igalas want to deride each other, they call themselves Akpoto in a derogatory manner grin

It's all known that Igala is an Amalgam of Yoruba, Igbo And Junkun rulers.
The southern parts of Igalaland, ie Igamela, Olamaboro, Ibaji, are basically Igbonized Igalas. Igalas from Idah call them Igbos too. They invaded these parts and Igalanized them.
Many of these parts are still even bilingual in Igbo and Igala. They were attempting to do same in Northern Anambra and Enugu before the colonials arrived. And those Nsukka and Aguleri people were resilient too.

Anyway, I understand your point on how u want the Igbo nation to distance itself from anything that has to do with Benin-Yoruba values. Just that unfortunately we cannot rewrite history.

In Ilorin, every indigene speaks Yoruba and has Yoruba names, but those of fulani ancestry know themselves and u cannot drive them away or sperate them from other Ilorin people cos they are one and indifferentiable now.

Yorubas are Muslims, Yoruba Muslims in SW have no problem with bowing down to the Fulani Caliphate seated in Sokoto. So in that sense, the Fulani Ilorin people fits in very well.

This is not same with Ndiigbo. We simply don't want to have any link with anything linked with Yoruba. Anioma will have to shake off all attachments to Bini if they are to become one with SE, just as Nsukka knows that their Idah Stockholm syndrome will not work as well.
I mean, let's face it, if the Obasekis who are originally from Nsukwa in Anioma go on shouting from rooftops about their Igbo origin, and demanding special designation as Bini-Anioma people, how do you think other Binis would accept them?
The Igbanke that are in Edo state and have been struggling to be Binis have struggled to gain Bini full acceptance because they would not give up their Ika language. This is how it works.

So so many of the Aniomas today are of Benin origin, Igala origin e.t.c and in some cases, these ones are the ones from Royal background who rule over the land. How do u drive them away? Even if they were immigrants, they have blended into the society and became one with the aboriginal people.... They see themselves as one and have no problem with each other.
Human civilization has always been this way. It cannot be changed.

There are people of Yoruba origin, Igbo origin, Igala origin, Even Ijaw origin all in Bini ethnic group today?
Why are they not all seeking special recognition?
Why must it be different with Anioma?
Ijaw have groups who are not even Ijaw speaking as Ijaw?
Igbide people in Isoko are of Igbo origins, why are they not forcing it down the throats of other Isoko people and seeking for unique recognition? Why are they not coming to Nri to bow down to Eze Nri? What happened to common sense?

Even in the core SE, are there no people who claim Benin origin? Like Onitsha, Ogbaru & Oguta people? Even others apart from them too. You guys have not silenced those ones.

They all learnt the hard way that you will not be accepted by other Igbos if you keep flying those Bini stories.
Listen to Obi of Onitsha recently. He has reviewed the Onitsha Bini story.
Oguta and Ogbaru people are following suit too.
It's not rocket sense.
The Oguta, Ogbaru and Onitsha have become fully integrated, and it was directly proportional with them reviewing those Bini fairy tales.

This is why I always tell those people who think Hausas & Fulanis can be separated to keep on dreaming. It can never happen. They have merged as one.

They are united by Religion. The strongest bond ever known to mankind.

I hope you know that not all Rivers Igbos are deniers? Even among Ikwerre, Ogba & Ekpeye, there are still proud Igbos, albeit minorities.
Ndoki & Egbema are mostly not deniers, while Etche & Ndoni are like a 50-50.

Ikwerre, Ogba ,Etche and Ekpeye are not Igbos.
The proud Igbos there would have to take up their case with their apex sociocultural organizations.
It's their fight to win, not ours in SE. The madness has to stop already.
There is always a necessary collateral damage, you can consider those proud Igbos there as collateral damages. Hitler didn't need Austria to be part of Germany to rise in power in Germany.
There will always be room for naturalization for those proud Igbos from Igboid areas if we have an independent Igbo nation tomorrow .

So do you just throw away all the Proud Igbos in Rivers because of Ikwerre deniers?
Anyway, I think your approach is even better, you know, minorities and those who may be majority but prefer minority status are very complicated. The more you show them interest, the more they do shakara for you grin

Collateral damage like I said. They should take their fights to their national bodies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by abduljabbar4(m): 9:47pm On Apr 19, 2020
Nowenuse:

Thank u for helping me tell this ignorant soul. At least I am not the only one in this.

See, you are saying Muslims MIGHT outnumber Christians in Wusasa. You are not even sure, this shows that u know how much Christians are in those areas and the funny thing is that if Samaru & Sabongari are even bigger than Wusasa and has more churches than Wusasa.

If u check Google maps, u will clearly confirm this.

Oga, a place been Islamic for thousands of years does not mean that Christians cannot outnumber Muslims there based on certain factors.
Take Suleja town for example, in the past it used to be a clear muslim majority town cos it was founded over 200 years ago by Zaria Hausa muslim indigenes who fled Danfodio's jihad.

Go to Suleja today and u will see that Christians have now outnumbered Muslims there because of the development from Abuja.
Same thing with Keffi, Keffi town is now like a 50-50 because of Karu's influence from Abuja and the university there.
Jos north is like 40% muslims today, 100 years ago, that was not the case, you had only pagan indigenes all over.

What about Kaduna city? 120 years ago, there were only Gbagyi pagan villages everywhere. Today, Muslim settlers make up half of Kaduna city, where did they come from?

Not even Pambeguwa is muslim land, let alone Saminaka. Saminaka is Kurama land, same thing with Pambeguwa. Even down to parts of Southern Kano (like Doguwa LGA).
Letter P does not exist in Hausa language, so how come the name Pambeguwa?

That was how you people claimed to be the owners of Zango town until Katafs evicted you people from that town, same with Kafanchan, same with Tafawa Balewa (Bauchi), same with Yelwa-Shendam (Plateau).

It is either Saminaka is Kurama land or it is Hausa land, cos there is nothing like 'Muslim land'.
So I am asking you the question, do u consider Saminaka & Pambeguwa to be Hausa land or Kurama land?
Do u know that all the villages & towns surrounding Saminaka & Pambeguwa are Kurama Christian communities?

Do u know that many Christian sects discourages, abhors and even prohibits voting and all forms of politics? E.g Jehovah's witnesses. There are over 1 million Jehovah's witnesses in Nigeria and they do not vote! Are u aware?
In my whole family, only myself and my mother have ever voted, my other siblings, uncles, aunties, my cousin's and my father have never voted in their lives. Can u say the same of your family?
Christians have a stronger voter apathy than muslims and this is something everybody, including muslims know.
This is even worse in a place where the Christians are settlers!

All world rankings and statistics predict Abuja urban & Karu to have almost 10 million people, yet do u see the figures reflect in elections?

Or is it Lagos we should talk about? Lagos has over 20 million people by all world estimates, how many people register for elections and vote in that same Lagos? Abeg just forget.

Have u wondered why whenever religious crisis happens in the north and curfew is placed, the curfew ends up affecting Hausa fulani muslims more than the Christians? And your people start crying and complaining of Yunwa (hunger)?

This is because Christians tend to buy their foods in bulk compared to you guys.
This is also supported by the fact that Northern christians farm more than you people and usually have a lot of food in bulk. Also, we prefer civil service jobs, hence whenever salaries come, we buy our foods in bulk at the end of the month and keep.
Students on the other hand tend to bring much food from their family houses when coming to school.

Hausa fulani muslims on the other hand tend to buy whatever they cook that same day. A typical Hausa man selling Rake (sugarcane) and his wife is in Kule. It is the money from the daily sales of his Rake and the tallen masa that his daughter did that they will use to buy food to eat for that day....
Do Christians live such kind of lives? How then do u expect Christians to have same numbers with muslims in markets?

Northern Christians do very poorly in anything buying and selling. Farming, Civil service and Education is where u find us.

So, using buyers & sellers in markets to judge religious demography of a place is wrong!

Go to the South, Most Hausa fulanis live around the major markets where they do their businesses.
In Warri city where I grew up for example, there is a big Hausa quarters and many mosques inside Igbudu market. Hausa fulanis make up like 20% of that market area. Will it not be a very foolish thing for me to say because of this, then Hausa fulanis make up 20% of Warri city?

Yes, Google maps will not capture mushroom churches and mosques, but they will capture churches and mosques with landmark buildings and that is why 4 churches : 1 mosque is a perfect ratio to determine the religious percentage of a place.
Muslims & Christians cannot live in places without mosques or churches, it is impossible.

Anywhere there are up to 1,000 Muslims or Christians, there must be at least 1 landmark church or mosque where they worship, or can u deny this?

Google maps is the best method we can use in telling what a place looks like!

Look below at the first picture below showing Sabongari, the 2nd one showing Cikin gari Zaria around Tudunwada. Can u see the clear cut difference between both? Churches dominate one and mosques dominate the other? And here u are insulting our intelligence to tell us that muslims outnumber Christians in Sabongari. You are joking.

I said I'm not sure because I don't frequent that area. The only thing that takes me to Wusasa is their hospital and if you are saying that there are more Christians than Muslims in Samaru then I have every reason to say that your claims on Wusasa are likely to be false. Yes!

I mentioned all the factors that I considered to make my guess and you said no. We should care about the name, we shouldn't care about the history, we shouldn't care about observation/population sampling, we shouldn't consider the number of mosques and we shouldn't consider voting patterns. Talking about sects that don't vote, may I also inform you that shiites don't vote as well? Kindly tell us what we should consider to make our estimates then. Or are you saying that the person who makes the longest post is right or do we just have to accept your claims that are backed by nothing at all.

Maybe Its only Hausas that are Muslims. Maybe all of the Nupes, Igalas, Kuramas, Igbiras and the rest are all christian majority. Thats my answer for you.

That's the excuses you guys always give. You have apathy. When then is it that the polling unit results in Muslim and Christian dominated areas always have similar total number of votes. If Muslims are having 800 total votes in every PU and Christians are managing something within the range of 100-200 I might take your claims seriously. Im surprised you didn't even include your usual 'underaged voters' propaganda.

Let's handle it this way. Forget about election results. You are looking at figures without considering voters turnout. In 2015 the Southeast and South South showed a nearly unrealistic voters turnout. One state had over 85% turnout while the northern states had the average of around 60%. This shows that the christians in those regions Proportionally voted more, much more than the muslims hence your claims are ridiculous.

Lol. Go and tell all the Christians around Narayi, Gonin Gora, Barnawa, Magajin Gari, Unguwan Yero and so on. How many modern houses exist in Unguwan Gado? Lol. Christians by in bulk my foot. Not when their areas are filled with LEA children wearing tattered clothes everywhere just like the Hausas that you despise so much. Have you ever been to Palladan before? By the way, if Christians do not complain about curfews then you may need to explain to me why there are crises going on everywhere in the south due to the lockdown. Just tell me.

If I hadn't seen the way christians, just like some Muslims go about begging for sugar, Maggie cubes and the rest while I was in the Uni I would have fallen for your falsehood. Busted. By the way can you show me how it became a fact that christians farm more than Muslims? I'm genuinely interested. You said the average hausa man sells Sugarcane right? I want to challenge that claim of yours. Why do Hausa teachers dominate the Muslims in the educational, health, etc sectors in Kaduna? Where did you get your info about your dominance in the civil service in Kaduna? cheesy I have every reason to believe that you are somewhere within the five states of the region of hatred and bitterness playing around with your Google map. They are the ones that think every Hausa man is either a sugarcane, date or goro sellercheesy Go to the best schools Kaduna has to offer (EIS, Zamani, etc). We outnumber christians 30:1.I studied in Essence International School.

You said Hausas fail in everything that has to do with commerce. Yet the most famous businessmen that are currently in Kaduna and beyond are almost strictly Muslims. If I asked you to list the richest men in northern Nigeria you would mention Dantata, Atiku, Sani Bello, Mahadi, Indimi, Dangote, etc. Not a single northern christian yet we are the ones that do terribly in business.

I feel a bit insulted when I read where you said you grew up in Warri. I spent my entire life living in Malali, Kaduna and Zaria yet I'm here arguing with you over something that can easily be observed.

We are not comparing Warris population. You talked about a market. How about you tell us who out numbers who in that particular area where the market is situated. It's just like you are saying since there are more christians than muslims in Sabon Gari, Kano, it means there are more christians than muslims in Kano. Stop digressing.

You are insulting your own intelligence. I'm not insulting yours. What if I told you that Google Maps doesn't capture Makama Halliru mosque (which is well known to accommodate more Muslims every Friday than the one near the emirs Palace?).

In ABU, there is one mega mosque and one Mega church available yet you can't even compare the populations of christian and muslim students in the university unless you want to be mischievous as you are already sounding like. Also, you said we don't go to school yet if you go to FCE Zaria, Kadpoly, Kasu, NTI and ABU we seem to outnumber you by at least 8-2?

Lastly, dont forget to tell us what we should consider to consider the populations since you are not satisfied with the most obvious criteria one should adopt. If we are to go by raw e-noise, I might as well say that there are more muslims than Christians in Delta state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by abduljabbar4(m): 9:51pm On Apr 19, 2020
ZKOSOSO:

The boldness with audacity that always greet your assertion is worrisome. So because you Sarkin Saminaka in place or Sarkin Kachia on the Thrones automatically mean the land is Muslims..? Not true. Saminaka n Kachia never Muslims land

Yet I'm the only person that gives reasons for his claims. PDP that is a defacto christian party (Just as ApC is to Muslims) lost the two LGs.

Kindly give us the criteria. We are not here to argue based on your noise and that of Nowenuse. Give your reasons even if they sound silly. We are not interested in your sentimwnts

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Nowenuse: 5:21am On Apr 20, 2020
abduljabbar4:

I said I'm not sure because I don't frequent that area. The only thing that takes me to Wusasa is their hospital and if you are saying that there are more Christians than Muslims in Samaru then I have every reason to say that your claims on Wusasa are likely to be false. Yes!
Okay

I mentioned all the factors that I considered to make my guess and you said no. We should care about the name, we shouldn't care about the history, we shouldn't care about observation/population sampling, we shouldn't consider the number of mosques and we shouldn't consider voting patterns. Talking about sects that don't vote, may I also inform you that shiites don't vote as well? Kindly tell us what we should consider to make our estimates then. Or are you saying that the person who makes the longest post is right or do we just have to accept your claims that are backed by nothing at all.
You were the one who rejected Google maps. For me, it was and still is the best option we have.

Maybe Its only Hausas that are Muslims. Maybe all of the Nupes, Igalas, Kuramas, Igbiras and the rest are all christian majority. Thats my answer for you.
How are Nupes, Igalas & Ebiras coming into this discussion for God's sake? Are they Indigenes of Kaduna state?

Thank God you cannot answer the question over ownership of Saminaka. Saminaka is a pure Kurama town, same with Pambeguwa in Kubau LGA. That is why all the villages and towns in between and around Pambeguwa & Saminaka are Kurama communities.

Now, everyone knows that Kurama are predominantly christian. No Kurama towns or communities are muslim majority except for Pambeguwa & Saminaka which Hausa fulani settlers have populated.

That's the excuses you guys always give. You have apathy. When then is it that the polling unit results in Muslim and Christian dominated areas always have similar total number of votes. If Muslims are having 800 total votes in every PU and Christians are managing something within the range of 100-200 I might take your claims seriously. Im surprised you didn't even include your usual 'underaged voters' propaganda.
Muslim areas tend to have more polling units, that is why. A Christian Angwa will have like 4 polling units while a muslim Angwa of the same size will have like 10. So, why would u be surprised when the numbers match?

Let's handle it this way. Forget about election results. You are looking at figures without considering voters turnout. In 2015 the Southeast and South South showed a nearly unrealistic voters turnout. One state had over 85% turnout while the northern states had the average of around 60%. This shows that the christians in those regions Proportionally voted more, much more than the muslims hence your claims are ridiculous.
This is a 2 faced lie. 2015 elections where only 250k people voted in Abia state yet over a million people registered?
Pls bring the list of registered voters and votes of 2015 let us compare. Infact, wait I will bring it and tag you.

Lol. Go and tell all the Christians around Narayi, Gonin Gora, Barnawa, Magajin Gari, Unguwan Yero and so on. How many modern houses exist in Unguwan Gado? Lol. Christians by in bulk my foot. Not when their areas are filled with LEA children wearing tattered clothes everywhere just like the Hausas that you despise so much. Have you ever been to Palladan before? By the way, if Christians do not complain about curfews then you may need to explain to me why there are crises going on everywhere in the south due to the lockdown. Just tell me.
Do Southerners farm? Southerners who have all left their villages for a city life and Hussle?

Every northern Christian has a family member who lives in the villages and farm. Southerners have largely abandoned farming, so they have to buy every single thing they consume at exorbitant prices, coupled with the high cost of living and extravagant lives they live.

You cannot compare Northern christians to Southern Christians in terms of possession of food.

Christian areas are filled with Children with tattered clothes? You must be a joker. Do we have almajiris roaming our streets in thousands?
How many of such tattered clothes children do you see among the Christians living with you there in Malali?

If I hadn't seen the way christians, just like some Muslims go about begging for sugar, Maggie cubes and the rest while I was in the Uni I would have fallen for your falsehood. Busted. By the way can you show me how it became a fact that christians farm more than Muslims?
Ok take Kaduna state for example. There are more Hausa fulani settlers living in Southern Kaduna towns than Southern Kaduna people living in Northern Kaduna towns (save for Zaria).
How do the thousands of Hausa fulani settlers survive in Kafanchan, Jere, Kachia, Kauru, Saminaka e.t.c? Is it not by trade?
Or do they have lands in Southern Kaduna where they farm? Hell no.
How many Southern Kaduna people do you see living in Soba, Ikara, Giwa, Makarfi e.t.c? Are most of the Christians in Northern Kaduna not Indigenous Hausas who live in the interior areas farming?

All over the Middlebelt and northern Christian homeland, u always find Hausa fulani settlers in our towns and this has lead to conflicts in many many cases. How do all these Hausa fulani settlers survive in these places when all the lands for farming belong to the Indigenes?

In a state like Adamawa, you will see fulanis & muslims opening their mouth to tell you that Muslims are the majority in the state.
Take a vehicle and travel through the state, u will discover that 90% of the people u find in the rural areas are Christians, but when u reach the towns it will look like 50-50 because Cin Rani are everywhere.
How many Cin Rani own farmlands?

Adamawa is too far, let me bring it to Lere LGA in Kaduna state. Muslims are up to 40% of Lere LGA, but Muslims think they are in the majority, but no wahala, we agree.

The question now is that how many villages do Muslims own in Lere LGA? Almost none!

90% of all the muslims in Lere LGA are in just 5 overcrowded towns (Saminaka, Lere, Dan-Alhaji, Kayarda & Sabon birni). All the lands and villages surrounding these towns belong to the Kurama, Gure, amo natives who do all the farming. How do all the Cinrani Hausa settlers survive in these places? Do they farm?
Then u are asking me how we farm more than you people?

I'm genuinely interested. You said the average hausa man sells Sugarcane right? I want to challenge that claim of yours. Why do Hausa teachers dominate the Muslims in the educational, health, etc sectors in Kaduna? Where did you get your info about your dominance in the civil service in Kaduna? cheesy I have every reason to believe that you are somewhere within the five states of the region of hatred and bitterness playing around with your Google map. They are the ones that think every Hausa man is either a sugarcane, date or goro sellercheesy Go to the best schools Kaduna has to offer (EIS, Zamani, etc). We outnumber christians 30:1.I studied in Essence International School.
If u like think I am an Igbo, that is your own headache. Oh, I have hatred in me while u Hausa fulanis have love in you right?

Are you not a comedian? You expect Christians to compete with you in schools in Northern Kaduna areas that are muslim dominated? Why not try schools in Kaduna city south or in places like Mando or even Hayin Banki/Kawo?

You said Hausas fail in everything that has to do with commerce. Yet the most famous businessmen that are currently in Kaduna and beyond are almost strictly Muslims. If I asked you to list the richest men in northern Nigeria you would mention Dantata, Atiku, Sani Bello, Mahadi, Indimi, Dangote, etc. Not a single northern christian yet we are the ones that do terribly in business.
Where and when did I say Hausas fail in commerce? Hausas are good in business and everyone knows that. Your Illiteracy and religious extremism is just your undoing.

I feel a bit insulted when I read where you said you grew up in Warri. I spent my entire life living in Malali, Kaduna and Zaria yet I'm here arguing with you over something that can easily be observed.
So, does growing up in a particular place mean that one does not know about other places?
Do u know that one can spend only 3 months in a particular place but he knows that place more than someone who has done 10 years in that place?
Someone who walks & tours around every street, ask questions and explore compared to someone who is always indoors at the comfort and lavish of their parents. Can u compare both irrespective of the time they spend in certain places?

We are not comparing Warris population. You talked about a market. How about you tell us who out numbers who in that particular area where the market is situated. It's just like you are saying since there are more christians than muslims in Sabon Gari, Kano, it means there are more christians than muslims in Kano. Stop digressing.
The people in that market area in Warri cannot even be up to 10% Muslims cos the muslims are in the market alone.
That was just an illustration. A market cannot be used to judge an Angwa or a town and that is the point.

You are insulting your own intelligence. I'm not insulting yours. What if I told you that Google Maps doesn't capture Makama Halliru mosque (which is well known to accommodate more Muslims every Friday than the one near the emirs Palace?).
Google maps do not also capture many churches as well. It is a random thing. Or do u think Google maps was wired to include churches and exclude mosques?

In ABU, there is one mega mosque and one Mega church available yet you can't even compare the populations of christian and muslim students in the university unless you want to be mischievous as you are already sounding like. Also, you said we don't go to school yet if you go to FCE Zaria, Kadpoly, Kasu, NTI and ABU we seem to outnumber you by at least 8-2?
Lol, maybe you think Kaduna state is Kano state where there are few Christian indigenes.
You people outnumber Christians in Kaduna state tertiary institutions 80-20? Can you listen to yourself again? And u want to be taken seriously?

Not even Bauchi, Gombe or Borno state which are clear muslim majority states have schools that are 80-20 Muslim majority let alone Kaduna.

Kaduna tertiary institutions where Christians vied for SUGs, Dean's & even VC slots? If not for bigotry with which you guys used in hijacking these schools within the last decade, and started giving preference in admission and employment to only your people, Christians used to outnumber you guys there clearly. Now, these schools are like 60-40 and that is why they have started deccaying and retrogressing.

Nigeria as a whole is sinking due to this bigotry of your people.
These are the reasons why people like me will lay my life down for we Middlebelt and northern christians to join Igbos and leave this Satanic union called Nigeria.
You Hausa fulanis can then continue competing with yourselves in retrogression & bigotry.

Lastly, dont forget to tell us what we should consider to consider the populations since you are not satisfied with the most obvious criteria one should adopt. If we are to go by raw e-noise, I might as well say that there are more muslims than Christians in Delta state.

Google maps is the best & only option. Cos that one cannot be manipulated or was not manipulated by anyone.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Naajjii: 7:35am On Apr 20, 2020
abduljabbar4:

If I hadn't seen the way christians, just like some Muslims go about begging for sugar, Maggie cubes and the rest while I was in the Uni I would have fallen for your falsehood. Busted. By the way can you show me how it became a fact that christians farm more than Muslims? I'm genuinely interested. You said the average hausa man sells Sugarcane right? I want to challenge that claim of yours. Why do Hausa teachers dominate the Muslims in the educational, health, etc sectors in Kaduna? Where did you get your info about your dominance in the civil service in Kaduna? cheesy I have every reason to believe that you are somewhere within the five states of the region of hatred and bitterness playing around with your Google map. They are the ones that think every Hausa man is either a sugarcane, date or goro sellercheesy Go to the best schools Kaduna has to offer (EIS, Zamani, etc). We outnumber christians 30:1.I studied in Essence International School.

That man Nowenuse is a fraud , he is Heavy Igbo , he is obsessed with the north , spending his time doing research about the north then he would come out with lies. He is a mischief maker.
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Naajjii: 7:44am On Apr 20, 2020
Nowenuse:

Okay

You were the one who rejected Google maps. For me, it was and still is the best option we have.

How are Nupes, Igalas & Ebiras coming into this discussion for God's sake? Are they Indigenes of Kaduna state?

Thank God you cannot answer the question over ownership of Saminaka. Saminaka is a pure Kurama town, same with Pambeguwa in Kubau LGA. That is why all the villages and towns in between and around Pambeguwa & Saminaka are Kurama communities.

Now, everyone knows that Kurama are predominantly christian. No Kurama towns or communities are muslim majority except for Pambeguwa & Saminaka which Hausa fulani settlers have populated.

Muslim areas tend to have more polling units, that is why. A Christian Angwa will have like 4 polling units while a muslim Angwa of the same size will have like 10. So, why would u be surprised when the numbers match?

This is a 2 faced lie. 2015 elections where only 250k people voted in Abia state yet over a million people registered?
Pls bring the list of registered voters and votes of 2015 let us compare. Infact, wait I will bring it and tag you.

Do Southerners farm? Southerners who have all left their villages for a city life and Hussle?

Every northern Christian has a family member who lives in the villages and farm. Southerners have largely abandoned farming, so they have to buy every single thing they consume at exorbitant prices, coupled with the high cost of living and extravagant lives they live.

You cannot compare Northern christians to Southern Christians in terms of possession of food.

Christian areas are filled with Children with tattered clothes? You must be a joker. Do we have almajiris roaming our streets in thousands?
How many of such tattered clothes children do you see among the Christians living with you there in Malali?

Ok take Kaduna state for example. There are more Hausa fulani settlers living in Southern Kaduna towns than Southern Kaduna people living in Northern Kaduna towns (save for Zaria).
How do the thousands of Hausa fulani settlers survive in Kafanchan, Jere, Kachia, Kauru, Saminaka e.t.c? Is it not by trade?
How many Southern Kaduna people do you see living in Soba, Ikara, Giwa, Makarfi e.t.c? Are most of the Christians in Northern Kaduna not Indigenous Hausas who live in the interior areas farming?

All over the Middlebelt and northern Christian homeland, u always find Hausa fulani settlers in our towns and this has lead to conflicts in many many cases. How do all these Hausa fulani settlers survive in these places when all the lands for farming belong to the Indigenes?

In a state like Adamawa, you will see fulanis & muslims opening their mouth to tell you that Muslims are the majority in the state.
Take a vehicle and travel through the state, u will discover that 90% of the people u find in the rural areas are Christians, but when u reach the towns it will look like 50-50 because Cin Rani are everywhere.

Adamawa is too far, let me bring it to Lere LGA in Kaduna state. Muslims are up to 40% of Lere LGA, but Muslims think they are in the majority, but no wahala, we agree.

The question now is that how many villages do Muslims own in Lere LGA? Almost none!

90% of all the muslims in Lere LGA are in just 5 overcrowded towns (Saminaka, Lere, Dan-Alhaji, Kayarda & Sabon birni). All the lands and villages surrounding these towns belong to the Kurama, Gure, amo natives who do all the farming. How do all the Cinrani Hausa settlers survive in these places? Do they farm?

If u like think I am an Igbo, that is your own headache. Oh, I have hatred in me while u Hausa fulanis have love in you right?

Are you not a comedian? You expect Christians to compete with you in schools in Northern Kaduna areas that are muslim dominated? Why not try schools in Kaduna city south or in places like Mando or even Hayin Banki/Kawo?

Where and when did I say Hausas fail in commerce? Hausas are good in business and everyone knows that. Your Illiteracy and religious extremism is just your undoing.

So, does growing up in a particular place mean that one does not know about other places?
Do u know that one can spend only 3 months in a particular place but he knows that place more than someone who has done 10 years in that place?
Someone who walks & tours around every street, ask questions and explore compared to someone who is always indoors at the comfort and lavish of their parents. Can u compare both irrespective of the time they spend in certain places?

The people in that market area in Warri cannot even be up to 10% Muslims cos the muslims are in the market alone.
That was just an illustration. A market cannot be used to judge an Angwa or a town and that is the point.

Google maps do not also capture many churches as well. It is a random thing. Or do u think Google maps was wired to include churches and exclude mosques?

Lol, maybe you think Kaduna state is Kano state where there are few Christian indigenes.
You people outnumber Christians in Kaduna state tertiary institutions 80-20? Can you listen to yourself again? And u want to be taken seriously?

Not even Bauchi, Gombe or Borno state which are clear muslim majority states have schools that are 80-20 Muslim majority let alone Kaduna.

Kaduna tertiary institutions where Christians vied for SUGs, Dean's & even VC slots? If not for bigotry with which you guys used in hijacking these schools within the last decade, and started giving preference in admission and employment to only your people, Christians used to outnumber you guys there clearly. Now, these schools are like 60-40 and that is why they have started deccaying and retrogressing.

These are the reasons why people like me will lay my life down for we Middlebelt and northern christians to join Igbos and leave this Satanic union called Nigeria.
You Hausa fulanis can then continue competing with yourselves in retrogression & bigotry.

Google maps is the best & only option. Cos that one cannot be manipulated or was not manipulated by anyone.
You are a South Easterner ,you are a nyamiri. We won't let you come here and tell lies about our region. We won't take it, we will continue to expose you. You are a religion bigot. Go and talk to your ancestors that led you to a civil war that caused kwashiorkor on your people. As long as you continue to tell lies about the north we will continue to call you out (nyamiri)
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by ZKOSOSO(m): 4:01pm On Apr 21, 2020
Naajjii:

You are a South Easterner ,you are a nyamiri. We won't let you come here and tell lies about our region. We won't take it, we will continue to expose you. You are a religion bigot. Go and talk to your ancestors that led you to a civil war that caused kwashiorkor on your people. As long as you continue to tell lies about the north we will continue to call you out (nyamiri)
Nyamiri has come to stay in Hausa language as Igbos just like Bayajidda (the Progenitor of Hausas) coined the word Horse Ride ''Hausa'' in the old Katsina Daura axis. Today horse ride is no longer derogatory so also is nyamiri ''give me water'' in Igbo.
So what's the big deal of calling someone Nyamiri who is telling you the truth to your oppressive face..??
Nyamiri is really a cool name..!
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by abduljabbar4(m): 5:48pm On Apr 25, 2020
Naajjii:

That man Nowenuse is a fraud , he is Heavy Igbo , he is obsessed with the north , spending his time doing research about the north then he would come out with lies. He is a mischief maker.

Exactly. I don't think I will waste my time on him again. I mentioned all factors that any statistician would consider and he disagreed with them. He wants me to accept his lies just because he said itcheesy
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by abduljabbar4(m): 7:11pm On Apr 25, 2020
Nowenuse:

Okay

This will be the last time I will be responding to your blind argument and it is strictly intended for the objective people trying to learn some things from this thread.

1) we should ignore election figures, population sampling, History, culture, name and just follow Google maps alone? Well done bro. How can I go with Google maps that shows that the Friday mosque of Dandali, Malali does not exist but the small one within FGC is there?

2) Since when did it become a crime to use analogies?

3) bla bla bla. You said there are more christians than Muslims in Saminaka. I hope you are even aware that even the christians in those areas speak Hausa? Same thing with the christians in Samaru, Kaduna south, etc. Google Haliru Makama if you want to learn a bit more about Saminaka. BTW, I hope you know that the Zazzau empire predates even the coming of Danfodio and the rest? That time some tribes were still wearing leaves and burning twins alive.

4) wow. I would like to learn more. INEC simply hand picks muslim areas and say "hey, they are Muslims. Let's give them 20 PUs for that reason"cheesy. Can you just listen to yourself?

5) In case you are not aware, The muslim- majority Rivers state had the highest turnout in the entire country. With total registered voters of 2,537,590, 1,565,461 valid votes, APC: 69,238 PDP: 1,487,075. The state with the 2nd highest was Delta. I'm not going to keep educating you on this. Give us your list please. I'm waiting.

6) So the muslim Northerners have no villages right? Kindly ask any Hausa or Fulani ma you know. He will tell you the name of his VILLAGE. Nearly 50% of Northerners are in rural areas so what's your argument?

I never said muslims don't wear tattered clothes. But go into Unguwan Gado, Palladan and Samaru in Zaria and look at any christian child you see there. They are most likely to be wearing wornout clothes. This is because they are poor and cannot buy in bulk as you wanted me to believe. That does not mean we don't have the rich christian northerners. Same thing among Muslims. In Badarawa you find poor people who need to buy food everyday while you find the rich muslims in somewhere like Unguwasi who buy in bulk. You said Samaru (dominated by poor people) is composed of mostly Christians and they are rare in the markets because they (poor as they are) buy in bulk cheesy

7) You seem to assume only "Hausa-Fulani" (there is nothing like that please, for the record, Hausas and Fulanis are separate entities) people are muslims. Hausa people do not travel around and settle in foreign lands. It is the Fulanis that do that and they are not farmers. They are herders. Take that into your skull first.

cool Wow. Just wow. The Simple solution would be to show us the individual Wards and LG polling results of those Lere and Adamawa areas but as usual you will say Christians don't vote. Rather, we should only take your say that muslims constitute only 40% in Perecheesy I would be interested to know how Yakubu Dogara won in Bauchi if christians don't vote. BTW, I thought you don't agree with the idea of sampling and observation. How come you are telling me to take a car and drive around Adamawa?

9) at a previous post, He says Hausas fail in everything that involves buying and selling, and that northerners specialize in selling sugarcane, dates and now he is chewing his own words.

10) So you are telling me that you asked questions and explored Sabon Gari, Samaru, Wusasa, Tudun wada, etc right? That means you must have some documents with regards to your findings. Can you kindly show us some of them here?

11) on the contrary, I think a market is a good place for that. The average market in let's say Barnawa would definitely have much more christians than Muslims there and I have seen it on multiple occasions before.

12) Google maps has way too many flaws to be considered as a sole source of comparison. The average church you see has a building while most of the Friday mosques situated in High ways have no building at all and a lot of those within even the urban areas have no building. We just spread our mats and pray there. What do you have to say about that? grin

13) Why don't you visit Kasu/ABU and see things for yourself? I will repeat myself, Muslims outnumber christians by 8-2 in ABU, Kadpoly and Kasu. Ask around.

14) so the minority US d bigotry to take out he majority? How did that happen? How did the muslims kick the christians out of the schools? Maybe you are one of those ipob clowns that claim a muslim can enter ABU with 120 Jamb scorecheesy

15) If the Hausas are the ones that sank the country down, does it make sense why your leaders like Fayose and Ikpeazu brothers are still sharing Kerosene and Ponmo? Does it make sense to you that the Niger delta regions receive more than any other state in Nigeria, yet they have nothing to show for it?

16) You are funnygrin

Bissalam, this is the last time I will argue with someone that only cares about Google maps to compare POPULATIONS!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Cti28(m): 7:52pm On Apr 25, 2020
Naajjii:

No he is not a mischief maker. He is over %90 right
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by eas01: 8:06pm On Apr 30, 2020
senatordave1:

Oga kaduna is 55% Muslims.even southern kaduna people sokapu accept this fact.kogi is 55%.Muslims.gombe is over 70% Muslims...
Whats the difference? whether 50% or 55% its around thesame thing
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by eas01: 9:40pm On Apr 30, 2020
Parisian:
Obama won the election despite blacks being just 14% of the American population. Everyone knows election in NG is by massive rigging.
blacks are 12% not 14%

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by senatordave1(m): 9:51pm On Apr 30, 2020
eas01:

Whats the difference? whether 50% or 55% its around thesame thing
Let's leave it around 55%
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Johnnyessence(m): 11:38pm On Apr 30, 2020
nice analysis.
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by dokiOloye(m): 8:07am On May 15, 2020
Isinweke:

You don't know who Sanusi Lamido is.
Sanusi is not different from El-Rufai.
Sanusi is a deadly jihadist.
Sule Lamido.
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by ggood: 2:46am On Dec 15, 2020
Nowenuse:

What Efewestern is saying is very clear and understandable. Igbos & SS minorities put together in one country will be like 65% Igbo.

But if SS minorities are one country, no single ethnic group will be up to 35% of the country, not even if all Ijaw clans combine or all the Ibibio-Efik-Anang people combine. It will be a sort of balance.

But to be sincere, 2 major ethnic groups may end up forming a sort of coalition in order to dominate the rest. Just like what exists in Kenya today.
Just that it will not be as bad a 1 ethnic group dominating the country.

However I think Southern minorities are just too scared. What stops them from making negotiations with Igbos to arrange for a country of loosed Confederacy (something like the UK) where everyone controls his own republic within the country and has every right to pull out whenever they like? Do they prefer the status quo in Nigeria where their oil wealth is being monopolized by Hausa fulanis & Yorubas to an extent?
Southern minorities have an extreme case of 'Minority paranoia syndrome'.

Igbo can not be trusted we not scared

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by ggood: 3:06am On Dec 15, 2020
Nowenuse:

My problem with you is that you do not even know the demography of the places you are giving religious percentages.
I have interacted with thousands of people from all over almost every LGA of the north. I have also travelled to these places. I have met with their leaders. I belong to their social media groups (of over a hundred tribes). I know these places far more than you do, so, when I give u statistics, try to take them cos I can give u LG to LG and tribe to tribe analysis of these places.

Kaduna state would have been like 55 or even 60% muslims if there was no significant number of Christians in Northern Kaduna.

I myself used to accept 55% muslims in Kaduna, not until I came across Hausa Christians from Northern Kaduna and they explained their area for me. Do you know the population of Hausa Christians in Ikara LGA? They are up to 35% of that LGA! They are in the interior rural areas and most of them wear kaftan & hijab like muslims and speak strong Hausa cos they are native Hausa speakers.
You can hardly differentiate them from Muslims. Hausa indigene Christians are all over Soba, Giwa, Makarfi, Kudan, Igabi and Zaria LGAs. Hausa land in Northern Kaduna is at least 20% indigenous Christians, but Hausa Christians are a very very timid people and that is why they seem very invisible and people wrongly think that Northern Kaduna is entirely muslim.

There are more indigenous Christians in Northern Kaduna than there are indigenous Muslims in Southern Kaduna. Most muslims in SK are Hausa fulani settlers.

Also, Birnin Gwari, Kubau & Igabi are considered pure Hausa LGAs, but ⅓ of these 3 LGAs belong to Gbagyis, Kamuku & Kurama christians.

The thing is that Christians tend to be very quiet, timid and respectful in a place that they are a minority, but muslims will still make noise and cause trouble in a place that they are a minority (making it look like they are significant in that place).

Do you know the population of Hausa Christians in Kano & Katsina? They are up to 20% of the indigenous population of both states, but you never hear anything from them.

Only a very big joker will say Gombe is up to 70% muslim. Are u aware that Gombe south is 90% Christian? Then 2 of the 3 LGAs in Gombe central (Akko & Yamaltu) are up to 35% Christian?

grin I am proud of it! After all, I wasn't the one who started it in Nigeria, was I?
I too like this guy I like your statistics keep it up bro nothing do you. have been reading your topic since yesterday am still awake . thump up brother

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by ggood: 9:08am On Dec 15, 2020
Nowenuse:

As it stands, Nasarawa state is something like 70-75% Christians, because of Karu urban.

Karu Urban has an estimated 2 million people currently and 90% of Karu urban are Christians.

That 55- 60% Christian is what Nasarawa normally is without Karu urban.

Akwanga was more developed than Lafia in the old Plateau state.
I measured Akwanga & Lafia recently and Lafia is just about twice the size of Akwanga now.

You can imagine Lafia being the state capital for 24 years now and it is still less than 50km². That should tell u what it was like before it was made capital.

Although, Lafia will never grow anymore because of Karu.

Lafia is a glorified village, no Development

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Yujin(m): 10:22am On Dec 15, 2020
deltaprincess:

Please do more research.
You don't know this topic more than him. He's very correct there. The Hausas will need to make the distinction if they want.
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by wealthtrak: 10:07pm On Jan 28, 2022
Nowenuse:
Well, for those who would doubt, here are 2 ways you can estimate the true strong population of Northern christians in the 19 northern states.

1) USING MINORITY POPULATION

Northern minority ethnic groups (all ethnic groups in the north that are not Hausa or fulani) are predominantly christian. (65-70% Christian).

And among the 19 northern states, Northern minority ethnic groups dominate 10 states (Borno, Yobe, Taraba, Adamawa, Gombe, Niger, Plateau, Nasarawa, Benue & Kogi).
Hausa fulanis dominate 6 states (Kano, Zamfara, Jigawa, Katsina, Sokoto & Kebbi).
Yorubas dominate 1 (Kwara).
While 2 others (Bauchi & Kaduna) are about a 50-50 between minority groups & Hausa fulanis.
Bauchi is actually and originally a clearly minority dominated state, but a good number of these minorities who are muslims have been Hausanized and this is why it is best said to be a 50-50.

So, Hausas & fulanis combined are actually a minority in the north, if you put all the other minority groups together.
Now, If these minority groups put together have a majority population in the north and they are predominantly Christian, this clearly confirms the strong population of Christians in the north.

Among the over 200 ethnic groups that make up Northern minorities, only Kanuris-Shuwa Arabs, Ebiras, Nupe
-Kakandas, Bariba-Busas, Boghom and less than 10 ethnic groups in Bauchi-Yobe axis are predominantly muslims.
The overwhelming majority of the other approx 200 ethnic groups are overwhelmingly Christians with a significant minority of them who are a 50-50.

So the conclusion is

'Northern minority groups outnumber Hausa fulanis in the north and these same Northern minorities are predominantly Christian'.
There is nothing like Hausa-Fulani.

This is a deluded creation of some
lazy people especially in the
Southern Nigeria and foreign
media. Hausa groups are very distinct from the Fulanis [who
all have Berber (Moroccan)
paternal origins based on the
many latest DNA test results
online/YouTube]. Period!
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by wealthtrak: 2:50am On Jan 29, 2022
pazienza:
Nowenuse:

Fair point.

The very idea of Anioma being unique is only sentimental and not in tandem with the reality.
Every Igbo clan at the border area is unique. We have Igala and Idoma speakers in Nsukka, we have Kele speakers in Ebonyi North, we have some families with Ijaw history in Ndoki Abia south. Arochukwu and Abiriba are in Abia south and are strongly linked with Efiks. The Oguta, Egbema and groups in Ohaji Imo state have their own Bini fantasy oral stories.
Nothing whatsoever unique about Anioma, other than them being separated politically from the rest of Igbo groups after 1938 division of Southern Nigeria into West and Eastern region, a division their leaders then fought against.

We are well aware that parts of Nsukka suffer from Stockholm syndrome, after Igala invaded them precolonial era. We kept it under wraps because the Igala know these people are Igbos and have not before now made moves to start claiming them like Bini is doing in Anioma, and there is no "I no be Ibo" nonsense in that part of Igboland.

Because Igala had respected themselves until recently when they started trying to expand into Nsukkaland like their Bini brothers have been doing in Anioma.
Recently a certain Ayegba Abdullah, sponsored by Idah throne engaged in expansionism campaign trying to claim that Igala have territories in Anambra North and Nsukka. This had created a bad blood between Igala and Igbos, and the battle have been raging online now. We had put Nsukka people under pressure to choose side, and they are currently all over the facebook denying Igalas.
Better believe it. Nsukka people in coming years would have to severe all ties with Igala or lose the trust of other Igbos.
And we are not stopping at that, we also have started reaching out to Igbo speaking groups in Igala land like Eke Avurugo, Akpanya, and we will start claiming those places as well since Igalas feel they can start expansionism in SE.

Umezekoha have been in Benue state for decades now, and they have not denied being Igbos, despite Idomas and Igedes best efforts to assimilate them or claim they don't exist. They retain their Igbo identity.
Nobody should be under the impression that Ndiigbo owe them anything for maintaining their Igbo identity, or that we should accept their chameleonic attitude towards their Igbo identity.
Israelites like Esther in the Bible lived in foreign land for centuries, and yet retained their identity. Anioma is not in a different continent from SE, neither is it not contiguous with Igboland. So saying that Anioma Igbo denial should be tolerated because they were not in same political structure with other Igbos in SE, is nonsense. If anything, that should be the more reason they should want to hold unto their Igbo identity. Look at the Ijaws in Ondo.We know Igbo denial in those parts is strongly tied to the events of 1967-70, after which Nigerian government made it hard for anyone to be Igbo, being in Midwest never stopped Anioma leaders like Ekwugha, Osadebey, etc from being part and parcel of the defunct Igbo union and playing prominent role in the union.

No Igbo is forcing any Anioma person to be Igbo.
It always seem we are forcing them because, for Anioma to deny Igbo, they have to project so many lies against Ndiigbo, they have to rewrite our history. It's in the cause of refuting these historical distortions, that the impression of Igbos forcing them to be Igbo is created in the eyes of onlookers.
For example, if Anioma is not Igbo, how exactly can we rewrite Nzeogwu so called Igbo coup? Should we now call it Anioma coup.
They say they became Igbo speaking because of trade interactions with us. But we don't remember ever transacting with them as non Igbo speakers, our ancestors told us they always spoke Igbo with Anioma people. They say it was Igbo missionaries that spread Igbo language in Anioma region, but we know that the Missionaries first arrived in Aboh before they came to SE, and the Aboh people they met were Igbo speaking, we also know that the first churches in Igbo speaking parts were established in Anioma land, from Aboh to Asaba, and that the whites recruited Anioma missionaries who helped them spread the gospel in SE using Igbo language.
It was Anioma missionaries who came to SE and not the other way round.
Some of them claim Igbos invaded and Igbonized their Bini ancestors, but we know Ndiigbo were never empire builders and never had an emperor and we don't have Anioma invasion in our folklores. If any one invaded them, it was the Bini.
These are issues we often bicker front and back with them.

Similar thing happens with the Igboids in Rivers state.

Again. No Igbo ever forced anyone to be Igbo.
I have never seen any Igbo group do that.
All we do is debunk lies of all these Igbo hating Igboids against us.
The Anioma person telling you about forceful nature of SE is mad. Ndiigbo in SE never invaded and imposed taxes on them, we never terrorized , kidnapped and sold them to Portuguese as slaves.
The Bini did all those to them. And they (Bini,) also massacred them again in Bini city when the town was captured by Nigerian Army during the war.
Yet none of this stops their kings from going to Bini to bow down to Oba bini like royal slaves suffering from Stockholm syndrome.
Whatever have Ndiigbo in SE ever done to them? Because we refused their distortions of our shared history?
Please! Nobody is doing anyone any favors accepting their Igbo tag. Not all Germanic tribes accepted to be part of Germany, yet Germany remains a strong nation. With or without Igboid groups outside SE, Igbo will remain a formidable group.

Ethnicity in Nigeria had all been decided centuries ago. Itsekiri developed into an independent ethnic group with no affiliation with Yorubas even before the colonials arrived. They were independent and Itsekiri ethnic group and were identified as that before the whites came, and the whites came. They recognized that.
There are many parts of Ondo especially Akoko SE LGA that are not Yoruboid speaking, they speak Edoid language, but they are all Yoruba today. Usen in Ovia SW in Edo is Yoruboid speaking, yet are proudly Edo people today. We know that there are many Edo families in Owo and Akure, Bini colonized all these areas in the past too, but they are all Yoruba today, and not even Edo people are talking about links with these places.
But in Igboland, groups who were Igbos before 1970, started being non Igbos after 1970.
Which would have been okay, if these shameless groups don't go about distorting history and presenting SE in bad light to justify their own madness.

Your 3rd to the last paragraph is
FALSE!

Stop typing trash here about
Itsekiris! Itsekiris as a subgroup of
Yorubas and Edos had pre-colonial affiliations with Yorubas and
Yorubaland (which they share
direct boundaries with) and still
do till today. Itsekiris have
NEVER denied having Yoruba ancestry as can be deduced
from their language.

Numbers 1 to 10 for example in
Itsekiri is the same in the rest of
Yorubaland. This was used to even name the first major oilfields in
Itsekiriland at Ugborodo (Escravos) namely: okan, meji, meta, meren oilfields!

Itsekiris always attend the annual meetings of all Yoruba descendants and professionals, (with Yoruba Obas from Togo and Benin
Republics in attendance) and I remember that a few years back, High Chief Ayomike led a strong delegation of Itsekiris (with the blessings of the then Olu of Warri who is the father of the current, newly crowned Olu) to one of such annual meetings as published by Punch and Vanguard.

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Abba Kyari, Aisha Buhari, Others Bleed Nigeria High Commission In London - SR / Presidency Awaits Briefing On Kemi Adeosun’s NYSC Certificate Forgery / Fatai Buhari Visits Tinubu In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 301
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.