Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) (20702 Views)

Akwa Ibom State Is 35 Today(photos) / Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic / Meet Amina Mohammed, Most Beautiful & Highly Placed Woman From Northern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Nowenuse: 9:32pm On Apr 02, 2020
ZKOSOSO:

Just Imagine the Evil Plans from time past.....!
eagleu:

Good job, sir.

I just included the map. I forgot to include it.

Yes my brother, so so many evil plans and arrangements were done to empower muslims over christians in not just Kaduna state but the entire region and country.

In my state Plateau for instance, Wase LGA (which has a large population of fulanis) was given a Federal constituency of it's own, while 2 and 3 LGAs were merged as 1 constituency in other parts of Plateau state.

My LGA of origin (Mangu) has by far the highest population of indigenes in Plateau state, yet we had to be merged with another LGA as one constituency, while Wase LGA which is not even up to half the population of my LGA is a constituency of it's own, just because they want a fulani man to have a permanent seat among the 8 federal representatives of my state.

This was a similar game they played in Kaduna state.

I wonder how our people were blind to these things for ages! Well we thank God for the internet that has helped us to expose all these lies and for us to know where we stand.

8 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by mhbabanna: 9:45pm On Apr 02, 2020
Nowenuse:
Well, for those who would doubt, here are 2 ways you can estimate the true strong population of Northern christians in the 19 northern states.

1) USING MINORITY POPULATION

Northern minority ethnic groups (all ethnic groups in the north that are not Hausa or fulani) are predominantly christian. (65-70% Christian).

And among the 19 northern states, Northern minority ethnic groups dominate 10 states (Borno, Yobe, Taraba, Adamawa, Gombe, Niger, Plateau, Nasarawa, Benue & Kogi).
Hausa fulanis dominate 6 states (Kano, Zamfara, Jigawa, Katsina, Sokoto & Kebbi).
Yorubas dominate 1 (Kwara).
While 2 others (Bauchi & Kaduna) are about a 50-50 between minority groups & Hausa fulanis.
Bauchi is actually and originally a clearly minority dominated state, but a good number of these minorities who are muslims have been Hausanized and this is why it is best said to be a 50-50.

So, Hausas & fulanis combined are actually a minority in the north, if you put all the other minority groups together.
Now, If these minority groups put together have a majority population in the north and they are predominantly Christian, this clearly confirms the strong population of Christians in the north.

Among the over 200 ethnic groups that make up Northern minorities, only Kanuris-Shuwa Arabs, Ebiras, Nupe
-Kakandas, Bariba-Busas, Boghom and less than 10 ethnic groups in Bauchi-Yobe axis are predominantly muslims.
The overwhelming majority of the other approx 200 ethnic groups are overwhelmingly Christians with a significant minority of them who are a 50-50.

So the conclusion is

'Northern minority groups outnumber Hausa fulanis in the north and these same Northern minorities are predominantly Christian'.

Nonsense misinformation. Continue wallowing in self deciet, this is not worth arguing. Any one who believes this write up at the detriment of his/her common sense.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Nowenuse: 9:54pm On Apr 02, 2020
mhbabanna:

Nonsense misinformation. Continue wallowing in self deciet, this is not worth arguing. Any one who believes this write up at the detriment of his/her common sense.

Why don't you disprove it with your superior facts or keep quiet?

6 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by abduljabbar4(m): 10:24pm On Apr 02, 2020
I remember having a heated argument with someone because of this issue. A few months later, he was humbled. You people are considering the huge number of Christians there without accounting for the number of Muslims in there. The Christians in Northern Nigeria are probably not up to 30%

By the way, how dare you say that there are more Christians than Muslims in Samaru, Palladan and Wusasa? Are you for real or is it because they are substantial in number within those areas? Always making careless claims.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by kolaaderin: 11:34pm On Apr 02, 2020
PassingShot:
Wrong statistics.

Northern Christians are actually 70% of the population there.
yes now something like 90%. He even said Ilorin is 50%. Ilorin that I know is 100% Christians. All the mosques in ilorin used to fill to the braking points on a normal Sunday. ref. Igbos statistics march 2020.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by kolaaderin: 11:49pm On Apr 02, 2020
Nowenuse:

Remove Ilorin now and put Ifelodun, Omu Aran, Offa, Erin Ile and the entire Kwara south together first, can you open your mouth and say muslims are the majority in Kwara south?

Kwara south has 7 LGA among the 16 in Kwara state. Hence the indigenes of Kwara south make up like 40% of the state's population and they are Christian Majority.

Have you been to the 2 Ekiti speaking LGAs (Ekiti & Oke-oro LGAs)? These places are entirely Christian. You hardly find a mosque in their towns.

Igbolo, Igbomina & Ekiti people are the 3 Yoruba subethnic groups that make up Kwara south. Can you put them together and tell us that Muslims are more here?

Ekiti people are entirely Christian, while Igbomina & Ibolo are something around a 50-50 with muslims having the slight advantage in Ibolo and Christians in Igbomina. Igbomina also spreads into Kwara central in Asa LGA. So, don't mention Kwara south in your lies abeg.

As for Ilorin, everyone knows Ilorin indigenes are overwhelmingly muslim and yes you are correct that Ilorin inner city or old Ilorin where the indigenes dominate is overwhelmingly muslim, but is old Ilorin the only place that makes up present day Ilorin city? Ilorin city has grown beyond that slum city center.

Look below at the 1st pic from Google maps and see that whitish dense part to the North-Western part of the city, that is where Old Ilorin is, a congested slum where the indigenes dominate. It is only like 25% of the city's Landmass.
Apart from that area, every other part of Ilorin is either Christian dominated or is 50-50.

See the 2nd, 3rd & 4th pictures from the Eastern part of Ilorin. Can you see the number of churches in different neighbourhoods? Go and sleep pls.
Ilorin of today is not Ilorin of 30 years ago. The influx of christians from Kwara south, Kogi West & SW has neutralized the strong muslim component of the city! If at all muslims should be more in Ilorin, it is a 60-40. Otherwise it is now a 50-50 thing.
even the Ikirun and offa are predominantly Muslims to the tune of 70 %. This IPOB statistics is never correct, go to those places physically and judge.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Subduer: 11:54pm On Apr 02, 2020
Nowenuse:

This is the map of Kaduna below. Can u see Chikun, Kajuru, Kauru & Lere LGAs at the same horizontal level? But Chikun & Kajuru are in Kaduna central, Kauru is in Kaduna south while Lere is in Kaduna north.
How can Lere & Kauru who are side by side in the same horizontal level, yet one is in Kaduna north and the other is in Kaduna south?

Then can you see Giwa & Birnin Gwari LGAs that share boundary with Katsina & Zamfara states? They are both in Kaduna central. If this is not a fraud to weaken the Christians in Kaduna state, tell me what it is!
No objections from Middle-Belt generals when these DEMARCATION was forced into the SATANIC CONSTITUTION that the military IMPOSED on Nigerians.

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Subduer: 12:13am On Apr 03, 2020
kolaaderin:
This IPOB statistics is never correct, go to those places physically and judge
IPOB doesn't want to be part of this DYSFUNCTIONAL zoo. And you know they mean what they're saying.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by senatordave1(m): 1:00am On Apr 03, 2020
Nowenuse:

This is the map of Kaduna below. Can u see Chikun, Kajuru, Kauru & Lere LGAs at the same horizontal level? But Chikun & Kajuru are in Kaduna central, Kauru is in Kaduna south while Lere is in Kaduna north.
How can Lere & Kauru who are side by side in the same horizontal level, yet one is in Kaduna north and the other is in Kaduna south?

Then can you see Giwa & Birnin Gwari LGAs that share boundary with Katsina & Zamfara states? They are both in Kaduna central. If this is not a fraud to weaken the Christians in Kaduna state, tell me what it is!

Sorry,i have been trying to buy time so as to reply you properly with hard or superior facts that's why i usually give you hearsays and disappear.am now ready.

Lets start with this map.you need to stop trying to side with one religion inorder to be balanced.you are a christian but dont clearly try to muddle things up to favor Christians.this kind of state demarcations and gerrymandering seen in kaduna is seen in several states in Nigeria.look at the south east,are they actually in the east in a geographical term? Look at the lg demarcations in delta,ondo,it is similar to that of kaduna.therefore perish that thought of them manipulating things to favor or disfavour a religion.lets try and unite Nigeria and flea from divisional tendencies.

I dont have much facts on nasarawa and adamawa so ill dwell mainly on kaduna and kogi.in electoral or demographic statistics there cant be a fifty fifty if we actually go down to the numbers.one must outnumber the other.for the records i agree that christisns are more than Muslims in Nigeria and christians may be more thsn 30% in the north but Muslims are slightly more in kaduna whether you like it or not.SOKAPU the largest or umbrella body of southern kaduna have confirmed this.i can post one of their statements if you want.this is superior to whatever opinion you might have,you cannot know more than them.even in a court of law,more weight will be given to them than you.

Secondly,you counted minorities in the north of kaduna but ignored Muslim kaduna people in southern kaduna.anybody familiar with Kaduna will agree to this.the various kaduna riots are mostly in southern kaduna and mainly between Christians and Muslims in southern kaduna.this means that the Muslims have a significant population in southern kaduna,i know you will deny.whether they are settlers doesn't matter as far as they are from kaduna.for elrufai to even pick a Muslim from the south means their population is significant.

The belief that where Muslims make up 40% they tend to dominate is not true.statistics suggest otherwise.again,you claimed that Muslims are more interested in politics,it is neither here no there.if you look at both religions,christianity encourages political involvement more.christians have voted more or turnout in elections more.right from 1979,the south east and ss have had more turnout than any other parts.this areas are almost totslly christian dominated.they churn out close to 80% turnout.i can post inec figures for you.whether its rigged or not doesn't matter,its official.even the course will accept it than your own assumptions with no facts.rivers state posted the highest figure ever in 2003 about two million votes before kano ever sttempted it.turnout in the north has never exceeded 60%.
Therefore,christisns participate more in elections.again,i opened a thread on taraba where i proved that Muslims are over 40% and you conceded to that.yet they can't dominate taraba politically.even in jos north where Muslims are over 40%,they struggle to dominate.in osun where they are up to 50%,they struggle to dominate.therefore,a religion can only dominate where they are at least 50% or more.kaduna therefore is at least 52% Muslims.saying that hausa christians are timid and avoid oublicity is neither here no there until you prove it with requisite datas.the population of Muslims in zaria,kaduna north and igabi alone should dwarf up to 6 lgas in southern kaduna.

in nigeria's census,religion is not recorded.therefore,we are largely handicapped.we cannot use one factor to determine religion of places,no no no.we must use several factors or premises not just ethnicity.we must use politics,lga statistics,influential personalities we meet,preponderances of citizens from a place and their religion.a combination will give us a better picture than just using one imperfect and faulty analysis.

We are done with kaduna,we now move to kogi.in kogi when i was much younger i thought it was christisn dominsted but rather met more Muslims and came across more muslim nnames even in newspapers.i read newspapers heavily right from 9years even when my mates were laughing at me.
the okun yorubas are 80% christians,this is clear and unarguable but over 60% of ebiras are Muslims.at least 55% of igalas are also Muslims based on those factors i listed above.therefore,kogi is slightly Muslim dominated.all their governors were muslims so how can Muslims be lesser than Christians? How does it sound to you,check am na.reason it as a lay man.the only way possible for minority Muslims to dominate politocslly is if they are heavily educated and the christians are poorly educated.this is the reverse in Nigeria.

We can take it to the court,i will floor you easily.Let it be as it is.
Like i said i dont have much info on religion in adamawa and nasarawa so i wont venture there.but a christian friend of mine said Muslims dominate 12 lgas while christians dominate 9.this remains an assertion until well proven.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by senatordave1(m): 1:07am On Apr 03, 2020
Nowenuse:

I just included the map. I forgot to include it.

Yes my brother, so so many evil plans and arrangements were done to empower muslims over christians in not just Kaduna state but the entire region and country.

In my state Plateau for instance, Wase LGA (which has a large population of fulanis) was given a Federal constituency of it's own, while 2 and 3 LGAs were merged as 1 constituency in other parts of Plateau state.

My LGA of origin (Mangu) has by far the highest population of indigenes in Plateau state, yet we had to be merged with another LGA as one constituency, while Wase LGA which is not even up to half the population of my LGA is a constituency of it's own, just because they want a fulani man to have a permanent seat among the 8 federal representatives of my state.

I wonder how our people were blind to these things for ages! Well we thank God for the internet that has helped us to expose all these lies and for us to know where we stand.
Oga wase case is not peculiar.it is commob all over Nigeria.in abia aba south and ohafia have more populations yet are sharing federal constituencies while bende which is lesser in population is on its own.
What of ogbia in bayelsa that have its own constitiency while southern ijaw and yenagoa with more numbers are sharing constituencies?
What of burutu in delta being alone while a whole warri is combined? What will you call that? Perish this though of insecurity

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by senatordave1(m): 1:27am On Apr 03, 2020
abduljabbar4:
I remember having a heated argument with someone because of this issue. A few months later, he was humbled. You people are considering the huge number of Christians there without accounting for the number of Muslims in there. The Christians in Northern Nigeria are probably not up to 30%

By the way, how dare you say that there are more Christians than Muslims in Samaru, Palladan and Wusasa? Are you for real or is it because they are substantial in number within those areas? Always making careless claims.

Lets use the 2006 census and calculate.the north had 76 million.
Kwara 800,000 Christians
Niger 1. million
Nasarawa 1mil
Kogi. 1.5
Plateau 2.4
Benue 4 mil
Fct 1000
Borno 800k
Bauchi. 800k
Yobe. 400k
Adamawa 1.7mil
Taraba. 1.4 mil
Gombe. 700
Kano 1 mil
Katsina 500,000
Kaduna 3 mil
Jigawa 500
Kebbi. 900k
Sokoto 400k
Zamfara 400k

This is just over 23-24 million which means Christians are slightly over 30%.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by pazienza(m): 1:30am On Apr 03, 2020
Nowenuse is an encyclopedia of Middle belt of Nigeria.
I always look forward to his threads. We had our issues initially, but I understand him better now.
I pray one day you achieve your aim of uniting the entire Middle belt and liberate your zone from the Caliphate grasp. An uphill task no doubt, but what is life without hope, and what has ever been achieved that was not worked for or first thought of? Not much.

8 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by senatordave1(m): 1:34am On Apr 03, 2020
pazienza:
Nowenuse is an encyclopedia of Middle belt of Nigeria.
I always look forward to his threads. We had our issues initially, but I understand him better now.
I pray one day you achieve your aim of uniting the entire Middle belt and liberate your zone from the Caliphate grasp. An uphill task no doubt, but what is life without hope, and what has ever been achieved that was not worked for or first thought of? Not much.
Yes but he has to stop demonizing and antagonizing Muslims or the cors north

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by senatordave1(m): 1:39am On Apr 03, 2020
Nowenuse:
Well, for those who would doubt, here are 2 ways you can estimate the true strong population of Northern christians in the 19 northern states.

1) USING MINORITY POPULATION

Northern minority ethnic groups (all ethnic groups in the north that are not Hausa or fulani) are predominantly christian. (65-70% Christian).

And among the 19 northern states, Northern minority ethnic groups dominate 10 states (Borno, Yobe, Taraba, Adamawa, Gombe, Niger, Plateau, Nasarawa, Benue & Kogi).
Hausa fulanis dominate 6 states (Kano, Zamfara, Jigawa, Katsina, Sokoto & Kebbi).
Yorubas dominate 1 (Kwara).
While 2 others (Bauchi & Kaduna) are about a 50-50 between minority groups & Hausa fulanis.
Bauchi is actually and originally a clearly minority dominated state, but a good number of these minorities who are muslims have been Hausanized and this is why it is best said to be a 50-50.

So, Hausas & fulanis combined are actually a minority in the north, if you put all the other minority groups together.
Now, If these minority groups put together have a majority population in the north and they are predominantly Christian, this clearly confirms the strong population of Christians in the north.

Among the over 200 ethnic groups that make up Northern minorities, only Kanuris-Shuwa Arabs, Ebiras, Nupe
-Kakandas, Bariba-Busas, Boghom and less than 10 ethnic groups in Bauchi-Yobe axis are predominantly muslims.
The overwhelming majority of the other approx 200 ethnic groups are overwhelmingly Christians with a significant minority of them who are a 50-50.

So the conclusion is

'Northern minority groups outnumber Hausa fulanis in the north and these same Northern minorities are predominantly Christian'.

We cannot take your words or mere postulations over that of established bodies like the cia which has placed the population of hausas in the north at 40%-44%.it is not done.haba.yours has to be discarded please.fulanis plus hausas acvording to established demographics make up 60-65% of the north.we will stick with that please.this your attitude of counting large swathes of minorities in kebbi and sokoto but claim that they are no hsusas in the middle belt must stop please
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by TooMuchStuff: 1:50am On Apr 03, 2020
senatordave1:

We cannot take your words or mere postulations over that of established bodies like the cia which has placed the population of hausas in the north at 40%-44%.it is not done.haba.yours has to be discarded please.fulanis plus hausas acvording to established demographics make up 60-65% of the north.we will stick with that please.this your attitude of counting large swathes of minorities in kebbi and sokoto but claim that they are no hsusas in the middle belt must stop please
Shallow thoughts
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by senatordave1(m): 1:58am On Apr 03, 2020
TooMuchStuff:

Shallow thoughts
Says a shallow fellow called toolittlestuffless
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Subduer: 2:11am On Apr 03, 2020
senatordave1:

Kwara 800,000 Christians
Niger 1. million
Nasarawa 1mil
Kogi. 1.5
Plateau 2.4
Benue 4 mil
Fct 1000
Borno 800k
Bauchi. 800k
Yobe. 400k
Adamawa 1.7mil
Taraba. 1.4 mil
Gombe. 700
Kano 1 mil
Katsina 500,000
Kaduna 3 mil
Jigawa 500
Kebbi. 900k
Sokoto 400k
Zamfara 400k

Are these figures GUESTIMATES ?
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Subduer: 2:44am On Apr 03, 2020
Nowenuse:

I wonder how our people were blind to these things for ages!
Your Generals were there .
They were there when Ebitu Ukiwe spoke up against Nigeria's membership of OIC, & your great WARRIOR GENERALS that CRUSHED Biafra said nothing.
Your lead General received Oil Wells & said nothing until Fulanis started killing his people, then he ran to America to request that Pres Trump come & save them, knowing that Americans won't fight & die to save UNTHINKING NIGGERS.

Zemani Lekwot should be leading this CONVERSATION if it's to be taken serious.

6 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by senatordave1(m): 6:33am On Apr 03, 2020
Subduer:

Are these figures GUESTIMATES ?
Yes
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Efewestern: 6:58am On Apr 03, 2020
Nowenuse:

Are you saying that Fear of the future is stronger than the oppression of now? Have u heard of the saying that goes, "We will cross the bridge when we get to it?"

Do you believe that being oppressed by a retrogressive bunch of illiterates who has given you an identity of terrorism is better than being oppressed by an educated and progressive people?

Only cowards prefer their present condition of servitude because they are so much afraid of their future, forgetting that the future is in your hands and it becomes what u make of it.

I grew up in URHOBO land and to a large extent I am ashamed of what the region is. It's not as if I am ashamed of the region because it is worse than others, rather I am ashamed that the region is still where it is today considering the abundance of mineral resources and wealth you guys have.

As much as we middlebelt people are suffering injustice in Nigeria, Nigeria is still benefiting us to an extent. However it doesn't mean that we may not progress without Nigeria.

Look at Abuja and see the huge wealth in there. Same with Lagos. These 2 cities are a huge product and reflection of the wealth coming from your region.
If Nigeria divides today, none of these 2 cities with all the development in there are going with your people.
Warri is becoming a shadow of itself day by day.

Do you guys ever think that one day when oil becomes irrelevant, that your children and grandchildren will ask you what you people made of the immense oil wealth from your region when this oil was hotcake? What answers are you going to give them, when same children look at places like Dubai and see what they made out of theirs?

Chief I share in your sentiments, but our destiny isn't tied to any ethnic group, everyone should run their race, stop speaking like you know what's best for everyone, the feeling of superiority or no minority can achieve anything without me is getting stale, fight your middle belt battle and leave us to ours, your constant denial of our worries speaks a lot about your person.

@bolded, why must someone be oppressed? weather by illiterates or educated people, oppression isn't what any race or ethnicity should pray for, Tired of the back and forth argument, it's meaningless and it won't change anything.

Like I have said, focus your attention on your middle belt struggle, and stop assuming you know what's best for everyone, you have no single idea, you are probably suffering from inferiority complex and religious supremacy.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Subduer: 7:09am On Apr 03, 2020
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Subduer: 7:25am On Apr 03, 2020
Nowenuse:

senatordave1:

Kwara 800,000 Christians
Niger 1. million
Nasarawa 1mil
Kogi. 1.5
Plateau 2.4
Benue 4 mil
Fct 1000
Borno 800k
Bauchi. 800k
Yobe. 400k
Adamawa 1.7mil
Taraba. 1.4 mil
Gombe. 700
Kano 1 mil
Katsina 500,000
Kaduna 3 mil
Jigawa 500
Kebbi. 900k
Sokoto 400k
Zamfara 400k

Your response to these GUESTIMATES can help make this conversation closer to the REALITY on ground.
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by hammer0: 7:45am On Apr 03, 2020
Efewestern:

Chief I share in your sentiments, but our destiny isn't tied to any ethnic group, everyone should run their race, stop speaking like you know what's best for everyone, the feeling of superiority or no minority can achieve anything without me is getting stale, fight your middle belt battle and leave us to ours, your constant denial of our worries speaks a lot about your person.

@bolded, while must someone be oppressed? weather by illiterates or educated people, oppression isn't what any race or ethnicity should pray for, Tired of the back and forth argument, it's meaningless and it won't change anything.

Like I have said, focus your attention on your middle belt struggle, and stop assuming you know what's best for everyone, you have no single idea, you are probably suffering from inferiority complex and religious supremacy.

EFE, DAT UR WORRY IS ALREADY HAPPENING TO U AND YOUR PEOPLE IN NIGERIA.

SO, WAT ELSE ARE U AFRAID OF BECOS IT IS ALL HAPPENING NOW LIVE.
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by hammer0: 7:47am On Apr 03, 2020
Nowenuse:

Are you saying that Fear of the future is stronger than the oppression of now? Have u heard of the saying that goes, "We will cross the bridge when we get to it?"

Do you believe that being oppressed by a retrogressive bunch of illiterates who has given you an identity of terrorism is better than being oppressed by an educated and progressive people?

Only cowards prefer their present condition of servitude because they are so much afraid of their future, forgetting that the future is in your hands and it becomes what u make of it.

I grew up in URHOBO land and to a large extent I am ashamed of what the region is. It's not as if I am ashamed of the region because it is worse than others, rather I am ashamed that the region is still where it is today considering the abundance of mineral resources and wealth you guys have.

As much as we middlebelt people are suffering injustice in Nigeria, Nigeria is still benefiting us to an extent. However it doesn't mean that we may not progress without Nigeria.

Look at Abuja and see the huge wealth in there. Same with Lagos. These 2 cities are a huge product and reflection of the wealth coming from your region.
If Nigeria divides today, none of these 2 cities with all the development in there are going with your people.
Warri is becoming a shadow of itself day by day.

Do you guys ever think that one day when oil becomes irrelevant, that your children and grandchildren will ask you what you people made of the immense oil wealth from your region when this oil was hotcake? What answers are you going to give them, when same children look at places like Dubai and see what they made out of theirs?

I WISH U PEOPLE WERE THE ONES IN THE SS, U REASON WELL.

HE SAY, THEY HAVE FEARS BUT DONT REALISE THAT EVERYTHING THEY FEAR IS ALREADY HAPPENING NOW LIVE.

THAT IS THE KIND OF DAFTNESS WE HAVE TO DEAL WITH DOWN SOUTH.

WAT MORE NEEDS TO HAPPEN TO DEM AGAIN?
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by pazienza(m): 8:32am On Apr 03, 2020
Subduer:

Your Generals were there .
They were there when Ebitu Ukiwe spoke up against Nigeria's membership of OIC, & your great WARRIOR GENERALS that CRUSHED Biafra said nothing.
Your lead General received Oil Wells & said nothing until Fulanis started killing his people, then he ran to America to request that Pres Trump come & save them, knowing that Americans won't fight & die to save UNTHINKING NIGGERS.

Zemani Lekwot should be leading this CONVERSATION if it's to be taken serious.

We can't continue doing blame games.

Like IPOB blaming Zik for fighting for One Nigeria and not for independent Eastern region.

I naturally wouldn't care about what Middle belt leaders of the past did, if their current youthful generation like the OP acknowledge that a mistake was done in the past and are eager to right those mistakes by taking different course of actions.
I am only rigid with SS and other groups because, youths there are yet to acknowledge the mistakes of the past, in fact z their leaders who made those mistakes are still celebrated as heroes in those parts,this to me is unpardonable and necessitates we never forget or forgive those their past deeds, since there can only be forgiveness, if there is remorse and change of heart as seen through actions.

6 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by dashpee: 9:02am On Apr 03, 2020
Ruggedniggaone:
rubbish yet el rufai won with Muslim Muslim ticket in Kaduna
sorry he never won the election, it was massively rig, maybe you are the rubbish

4 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Ruggedniggaone: 9:05am On Apr 03, 2020
dashpee:
sorry he never won the election, it was massively rig, maybe you are the rubbish
who is this slowpoke?get lost!!
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by senatordave1(m): 9:26am On Apr 03, 2020
dashpee:
How did ashiru lose kudan lga
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Naajjii: 10:32am On Apr 03, 2020
Nowenuse:

Northern Christians have not been playing politics based on religion. It is northern muslims that have always been playing politics based on religion and that is why it is impossible to find a place that is muslim majority in the north and they elect a Christian as their political leader.
However, times without number, Muslims are elected in places that are overwhelmingly Christian.

E.g Ibrahim Nasiru Mantu (former deputy Senate president)was elected senator for 8 years in Plateau central senatorial district.

Are you aware that Plateau central is 80% Christian?

The first senator of Taraba south (in 1999) was also a muslim, is Taraba south a muslim majority zone?

The former senator of Adamawa south was was a muslim. Is Adamawa south Muslim majority?

In the just concluded elections in Gombe south. The Christian APC candidate won the muslim PDP candidate with a very tiny margin.
The last 2 house of reps representing Gombe south were muslims.

Now tell me, is Gombe south a muslim majority zone?

Christians have always been voting for muslims even in Places were muslims are a small minority, but muslims will never vote for Christians unless they are a minority in such places.

So, I repeat, only a big foool will judge Northern Nigeria's population based on the religions of their political leaders. That would only have been possible if the Christians had been playing religious politics from the beginning. However facts have shown that this is not the case.

What you have is what you get and that is what you current get, religion and political leadership is a reflection of population in present day Nigeria.Anyone that denies that is a big fool like you mentioned. That is even reflected on the national level, it has to be Muslim present and Christian vice or Christian president and Muslim vice. And that is what you have presently in the north 16 muslims Governors against 3 christians. Nassarawa state is the only state that a christian can win in the future because the population there is even other than that it will continue to be what it is, unless nature decides like the case of Kaduna and Adamawa when both Atiku and Nnamadi became vice and their deputies had to be upgraded.
Last time you mentioned Kogi state, go and check the records all the past Governors especially the Igalas where christians have a chance, that have ruled or the leading candidates are all Muslims because the moment a christian got any of the tickets the chances of such candidate is very slims.
Has any muslim been able to Govern Plateau or Taraba? the answer is no because christians are the majorities it is the same situation in other states.

Having said that, I keep repeating you are not from the north as you have been claiming , you are one of those IPOB member or sympathizers who feel the north was responsible for the civil situation and has been trying hard to spread falsehood and propaganda. Better engage yourself on how to convince those minorities from south south to join you on your Biafra dream that way it will be easier for you to achieve Biafra but the problem is those minorities see you people as fraudulent just like you have been on the forum.
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by senatordave1(m): 11:18am On Apr 03, 2020
Naajjii:

[b]What you have is what you get and that is what you current get, religion and political leadership is a reflection of population in present day Nigeria.Anyone that denies that is a big fool like you mentione[/b]d. That is even reflected on the national level, it has to be Muslim present and Christian vice or Christian president and Muslim vice. And that is what you have presently in the north 16 muslims Governors against 3 christians. Nassarawa state is the only state that a christian can win in the future because the population there is even other than that it will continue to be what it is, unless nature decides like the case of Kaduna and Adamawa when both Atiku and Nnamadi became vice and their deputies had to be upgraded.
Last time you mentioned Kogi state, go and check the records all the past Governors especially the Igalas where christians have a chance, that have ruled or the leading candidates are all Muslims because the moment a christian got any of the tickets the chances of such candidate is very slims.
Has any muslim been able to Govern Plateau or Taraba? the answer is no because christians are the majorities it is the same situation in other states.

Having said that, I keep repeating you are not from the north as you have been claiming , you are one of those IPOB member or sympathizers who feel the north was responsible for the civil situation and has been trying hard to spread falsehood and propaganda. Better engage yourself on how to convince those minorities from south south to join you on your Biafra dream that way it will be easier for you to achieve Biafra but the problem is those minorities see you people as fraudulent just like you have been on the forum.
The bolded is very crucial and the biggest decider.the largest tribe in nasarawa is eggon and they are mostly christians so i can agree that christians are more.i would really like to get the percentage in nasarawa and adamawa.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by mhbabanna: 12:01pm On Apr 03, 2020
Nowenuse:

Why don't you disprove it with your superior facts or keep quiet?

Disprove what? it's not worth the stress.
Re: Northern Nigeria Is 35-40% Christian (proofs) by Naajjii: 12:17pm On Apr 03, 2020
senatordave1:

The bolded is very crucial and the biggest decider.the largest tribe in nasarawa is eggon and they are mostly christians so i can agree that christians are more.i would really like to get the percentage in nasarawa and adamawa.
Eggon has more christians but the difference is not that much besides most Eggons consider themselves Eggon than Religion, you cant divide them base on religion most times. The problem is their Elites dont work together example Labaran Maku always disagreeing with Solowon Ewuga etc and also Eggon dont always agree with Alago people which another problem

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Buhari Clueless As Criminals Overrun Nigeria - Punch / State Of The Nation: Obasanjo Holds Closed-Door Meeting With SDP Leaders / Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.