Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves (29471 Views)

Lagos Govt bans sale, Use & distribution of take-away Packs, Single-use Plastics / COVID-19: Many Lagos Civil Servants Test Positive, Govt Orders Work Rotation / WHO Advices People To Wear Face-Masks In Public (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by Nobody: 5:22am On Mar 23, 2020
These are hard times indeed
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by shiki(m): 5:24am On Mar 23, 2020
grin
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by Nobody: 5:26am On Mar 23, 2020
God I wan marry before anything happen.

Nah babe I want now.

Small money dey.
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by Decallionaire: 5:27am On Mar 23, 2020
Famine is looming.... However, Covenant Children shall be exempted.

The Israelites were in Egypt when gross darkness covered the land.

They were in Egypt when the first borns of every household were dying.

This is a wake-up call.

To all those good at mocking God and Pastors with your so-called funny jokes. Be prepared because there shall be no escape.

To those of us the youths who think getting money in life is the ultimate in life and we engage in Yahoo+ and other money making rituals, sorry but money does not prevent Coronavirus.

I can only imagine what is being said and the reactions in Heaven and in Hell about the pandemonium happening now on the Earth.

Let's be prayerful.

Draw nigh to God and He'll draw nigh to thee.
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by jeffizy(m): 5:30am On Mar 23, 2020
Zombiekiller010:
They Shouldn't ,they should trust in God, pray & Fast. My Pastor preach this in yesterday Sunday service .

grin grin grin grin
Na so
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by peacettw: 5:30am On Mar 23, 2020
Why can't the Lagos government provide these for them? How do they expect these people to keep up?
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by omisanjo(m): 5:33am On Mar 23, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:
Smh

Seems Sanwoolu does not know the gravity of what's coming.

Ground Lagos, it's a trigger point. Ground activities.

If it comes full blast with this light precautionary measures, it's going to be disastrous.

I repeat, Sanwo should ground the state.

Our infrastructures and social welfare fascilities will sporadically escalate issues as it's not evenly distributed, equiped and over utilized, which will be a catalyst of the pandemic.

A stitch in time, ......

d man is really trying bro. he is doing wot covik 1-9 of a president is suppoese to be doing.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by longrichpartner(m): 5:36am On Mar 23, 2020
Oh well...

I hope they adhere to it!

It's not about saying these things, enforcing them is very important.

Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by Kiezodumah(m): 5:38am On Mar 23, 2020
Hmm!!! The drama is abt to begin.. We go see varying type of mask

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by Nobody: 5:40am On Mar 23, 2020
omisanjo:
d man is really trying bro. he is doing wot covik 1-9 of a president is suppoese to be doing.

Am quite aware he has been doing a a great job but more needs to be done being a the Governor of a flash point

If all activities can be halted in state for 2 weeks with the present count of cases we have now and the status quo. It's definitely certain the virus will be contained.

That 2 weeks will bring out all potential symptoms in infected victims. An outbreak will be deadly and will cost more than the two weeks curfew. And for a state like Lagos with it's
structural and social infrastructure, count will go exponential.

Like I said earlier, A stich in time, ......

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by SwathiNaidu: 5:42am On Mar 23, 2020
SwathiNaidu:
But they said you don't need the mask unless you already have the virus

Ayam not understanding it seems these guys have no scope na Just busy body them dey do Lagos state and Nigeria deserves better leaders
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by Drumigba(m): 5:42am On Mar 23, 2020
Our govt is the major problem of Nigeria. They announced a 20 Naira reduction in fuel price and up till today no compliance and they expect commercial drivers that are individual owned to run at 50% or 60% capacity as in commuters. How do they expect compliance here. What does this govt do for their masses? Advanced countries fumigate and provide mask and gloves to citizens and you ask danfo drivers to sanitize their parks and use gloves and mask. Please govt at whose expense? Na wa for naija o, we never see anything yet.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by PropertyBuying(f): 5:43am On Mar 23, 2020
cRobo:
Lagos should advice all commercial motor not to carry more than 10 passengers
peacettw:
Why can't the Lagos government provide these for them? How do they expect these people to keep up?
They can provide for themselves and even passengers if there's the right enforcement.

If interested in any of our services, please get in touch if interested...Our contact in detailed in our signature - 08027390046
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by free2ryhme: 5:47am On Mar 23, 2020
cRobo:

I believe you will be comfortable with crowd at the busstop and waiting for long hours undecided
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by Drumigba(m): 5:53am On Mar 23, 2020
Govt ought to provide these drivers with the gloves and mask and also sanitize the parks. They have a union which they can work hand in hand with and ensure compliance and not just lip service. What a failed govt. Advanced countries fumigate and sanitize their cities for the well being of their citizens. Common 20 Naira reduction in fuel price cannot be enforced and they are here disturbing drivers to carry 50% or 60% a whose expense. Naija shine ur eyes o

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by tundess: 5:57am On Mar 23, 2020
Too late.
Lagos by now has thousands of COVID-19 cases, multiplying daily if we look at the disease progression patterns from China, Italy, Spain and the UK.
Not to talk of the asymptomatic cases that have been travelling by road and air prior to the travel ban.
I predict that there will be a national curfew initiated for a few weeks with only security and essential personnel able to move in urban areas and no transport between towns and cities.
Not only will the virus have a devastating impact but the economic aftermath will be massive.
Hang on for a wild ride.
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by emerged01(m): 5:59am On Mar 23, 2020
cRobo:
Dem can even carry 5 as long as you read to pay for the rest of the seats.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by Nobody: 6:02am On Mar 23, 2020
Yenefer:
Ridiculous. 80% of Nairalanders are grifters or card sharpers, all they need is computer and internet, and they want Lagos or Nigeria to be shut down., And the Globalists are punishing the world to show us how much we need them. I have noticed that if you have money you get medical care and drugs that help you recover but every day people don’t get it Of course not! The media would not have taken this "campfire" and fanned it into a major "forest fire." And you and many others are too ignorant of the truth that you believe them! They want chaos and anarcky; they want to take over using fear. They don't want chaos, the media would have stayed mum about this, trying to protect the stock market, 80000 people would have died, and we would have went on with our lives. You know, like when world got hit with H1N1. Actually I believe that. Globalists are punishing the world to show us how much we need them. Just like every other flu we have known throughout the history of mankind. Should you not shake hands? Of course, Should you wash your hands regularly? Always. Should you stay home if you are sick? Certainly.

Order out of chaos, that's the aim, NWO. sadly, The masses are dumbed down, asleep and brainwashed and the media is doing their job(information control and spreading of fear). I greet you truther.

But do me a favor, break down your words, make it simpler so they can understand, let your tone be calm, it's annoying I know, but so some can awake... and of course, ignore the aggressive ignorant ones.

More blessings... Shalom.
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by SmartMen: 6:02am On Mar 23, 2020
cRobo:
una still dey talk. It should be lock down by now. Stop the movement... Stop all activities
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by enemyofprogress: 6:10am On Mar 23, 2020
Na now my chukwudi, Obina, uche and okoro will go and produce fake ones from aba to dey sell to people
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by Martinola(m): 6:12am On Mar 23, 2020
I dnt see dis working.
9jas r knwn 4 being stubborn nd breaking rules.
Will be better if d persons concerned comply wit dis laws even if it will amount to pipul paying more on transport
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by Yenefer(f): 6:13am On Mar 23, 2020
EliteBiz:

Order out of chaos, that's the aim, NWO. sadly, The masses are dumbed down, asleep and brainwashed and the media is doing their job(information control and spreading of fear). I greet you truther.

But do me a favor, break down your words, make it simpler so they can understand, let your tone be calm, it's annoying I know, but so some can awake... and of course, ignore the aggressive ignorant ones.

More blessings... Shalom.
aleichem. Ok I will do that thanks

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by Nelochukwu: 6:14am On Mar 23, 2020
Zombiekiller010:
They Shouldn't ,they should trust in God, pray & Fast. My Pastor preach this in yesterday Sunday service .

Your fake pastor. He didnt pray that the virus should be cured as a true son of the Father but his preaching? Preaching what exactly. Oga hug ur bible and understand that we r in the end times. These r d signs and the 'church' is so powerless to pray because it loves to eat food offered to idols. Its god is its belly grin. Christains are so carnal that the spiritual is lost to them.

Better tell ur pastor to wear face mask and gloves when next his 'preaching
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by joysparrow1(f): 6:15am On Mar 23, 2020
O God please save your children
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by JoseRaji(m): 6:19am On Mar 23, 2020
Yenefer:
Ridiculous. 80% of people reading this are grifters or card sharpers, all they need is computer and internet, and they want Lagos or Nigeria to be shut down., And the Globalists are punishing the world to show us how much we need them. I have noticed that if you have money you get medical care and drugs that help you recover but every day people don’t get it Of course not! The media would not have taken this "campfire" and fanned it into a major "forest fire." And you and many others are too ignorant of the truth that you believe them! They want chaos and anarcky; they want to take over using fear. They don't want chaos, the media would have stayed mum about this, trying to protect the stock market, 80000 people would have died, and we would have went on with our lives. You know, like when world got hit with H1N1. Actually I believe that. Globalists are punishing the world to show us how much we need them. Just like every other flu we have known throughout the history of mankind. Should you not shake hands? Of course, Should you wash your hands regularly? Always. Should you stay home if you are sick? Certainly.
This one is on every thread these days, making noise.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by LegendaryLover(m): 6:27am On Mar 23, 2020
Zombiekiller010:
eediot. Stop bringing pastors into ur mockery and troll sessions on NL. what do u gain as pipo insult pastors?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by LegendaryLover(m): 6:31am On Mar 23, 2020
how will the bus conductors shout for passengers if they'll be using face masks?
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by SmartMugu: 6:35am On Mar 23, 2020
Now, this is funny. It wont work in Lagos.
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by Ladycewhy(f): 6:36am On Mar 23, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:
Smh

Seems Sanwoolu does not know the gravity of what's coming.

Ground Lagos, it's a trigger point. Ground activities.

If it comes full blast with this light precautionary measures, it's going to be disastrous.

I repeat, Sanwo should ground the state.

Our infrastructures and social welfare fascilities will sporadically escalate issues as it's not evenly distributed, equiped and over utilized, which will be a catalyst of the pandemic.

A stitch in time, ......

ground the state so that people can literally starve and die abi?.

There is no light so people can't stock up food (that's for those who can afford to even stock up).
Many people depend on day to day earnings just to survive .

While other govts are giving mortgage breaks ,how do you want Nigerians to pay rent?

What we should be focusing on is how to manage this virus ,so people know what to do when they suspect they are infected because so long as people must touch money ,the risk of this infection spreading is very high.we use cash for everything which is passed from one person to the other.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by blackboy2star(m): 6:38am On Mar 23, 2020
Lol at the bolded... Do we have the facility to contain it when full blown God help us.

mrphysics:
May God help Nigeria.

It is time Nigerians unite together and fight this virus. [b]US, Germany, France, Italy all have over 10k cases, they didn't close their border when they had even 1000 cases, [/b]yet none of their citizens are asking for the heads of their presidents.

This is not a time to play cheap politics or tribal, what is about to hit the country maybe beyond everyone. The best way is to unite together and see it as a common enemy. Stop the blame games and get your asses together, and fight Corona.

Stop the forwarding of fake news, rumours, and information that do not come from any verifiable sources.

When sick, do not visit the hospital, call the emergency help line, visiting the hospital puts the receptionist and everyone at risk.

Stop googling symptoms on google, once you have Covid-19, you will know. Stop creating psychological symptoms by googling symptoms of Covid-19 every minute and feeling same symptoms even when you do not have it.
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by blowjohn(m): 6:39am On Mar 23, 2020
Ivimilly:
But they said you don't need the mask unless you already have the virus

Ayam not understanding it seems these guys have no scope na Just busy body them dey do Lagos state and Nigeria deserves better leaders

Well, many people who have the virus like in lagos may not know. They may not even show symptoms but will still be able to infect others

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

601 New COVID-19 Cases, 882 Discharged And 1 Death On August 22 - (3946 Tested)) / Little Girl Dies Of Ear Infection After 3 Lagos Hospitals Failed To Treat Her / Japanese Students Pay N43,000 An Hour For Smiling Lessons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.