Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves (29485 Views)

Lagos Govt bans sale, Use & distribution of take-away Packs, Single-use Plastics / COVID-19: Many Lagos Civil Servants Test Positive, Govt Orders Work Rotation / WHO Advices People To Wear Face-Masks In Public (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by nedekid: 6:40am On Mar 23, 2020
Mstick:
Please I have created a topic about this and I don't know why the mods refused to bring it to front page despite my plea.

I paid for international passports for my family and I since last year in Rivers State, and till today we've not gotten it.

We're being told no booklets, apparently Rivers State immigration printed passports for the public last in June 2019.

We were told to bring extra 15k per passport to "sort" the PCO, initially I refused because the money I spent for the express was A LOT!

But along the line I had to pay because of my child's failing health.

I want to beg any Nigerian that can help me, please, please, please, it's long over due. It's been 6 MONTHS now.

Mr Rauf Aregbesola, sir please help me.

I went down to immigration office last week, I was told no old booklets and if I want I can apply for the new booklets, that means I've to forfeit the 240,000 naira I've already paid and pay another money.

I am pleading! This is not the way it was.

Rivers State immigration has caused me and my family so much pain. I don't even want to talk about.

Somebody PLEASE HELP ME.
Mods, why will this not meke front page for goodness sake?
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by MidaserveNG: 6:43am On Mar 23, 2020
It's okay
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by Nobody: 6:44am On Mar 23, 2020
Ladycewhy:
ground the state so that people can literally starve and die abi?.

There is no light so people can't stock up food (that's for those who can afford to even stock up).
Many people depend on day to day earnings just to survive .

While other govts are giving mortgage breaks ,how do you want Nigerians to pay rent?

What we should be focusing on is how to manage this virus ,so people know what to do when they suspect they are infected because so long as people must touch money ,the risk of this infection spreading is very high.we use cash for everything which is passed from one person to the other.

It's a pity.

If as of date we cant learn from well structured countries with robust economy's, who have got hit by this virus, then is a big shame and failure on our path.

You talking about Nigerians paying rent for 2 weeks, hunger and what else? Sincerely, you don't know what's coming.

If countries like France, UK, Italy and the US saw it vividly coming and still got hit badly, how much more Nigeria.

And what did they end up doing? Please answer!

So you now want us to repeat same at the expense of rent and hunger.

Sincerely, you have no idea about the potency of the pandemic we talking about.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by ehiski: 6:45am On Mar 23, 2020
What measures do you have to protect passengers? The drivers still carry four passengers per seat. Commercial buses pose the highest risk than other sectors. I pray our government should look into this.
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by Nobody: 6:47am On Mar 23, 2020
How do you enforce? Especially with undisciplined Africans. People keep insulting Chinese, but maybe because they have experience with SARS, they wear masks without even being told

As for instructions on hand sanitizer, na only people with small money wey Dey buy. Everyone else. . .
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by blowjohn(m): 6:49am On Mar 23, 2020
mrphysics:
May God help Nigeria.

It is time Nigerians unite together and fight this virus. US, Germany, France, Italy all have over 10k cases, they didn't close their border when they had even 1000 cases, yet none of their citizens are asking for the heads of their presidents.

This is not a time to play cheap politics or tribal, what is about to hit the country maybe beyond everyone. The best way is to unite together and see it as a common enemy. Stop the blame games and get your asses together, and fight Corona.

Stop the forwarding of fake news, rumours, and information that do not come from any verifiable sources.

When sick, do not visit the hospital, call the emergency help line, visiting the hospital puts the receptionist and everyone at risk.

Stop googling symptoms on google, once you have Covid-19, you will know. Stop creating psychological symptoms by googling symptoms of Covid-19 every minute and feeling same symptoms even when you do not have it.

Sir, ma, or whoever u r. Ur information is a very sinister and wicked one.
First of all those countries u mentioned closed their borders when the bad signs began to show and banned all flights too .
Our health minister in a press briefing said they will not stop flights from china and UK about 3 weeks + ago.
Aside the first index case who was an italian, later ones were from flights from infected countries and Nigerians protested that they should bundle and quarantine anyone coming in from such countries. And if they cant, they should ban flights.
Ur commenting as if we dont know that part of the reason why they didnt close our airports was becos our politicians, big men, and their children were still abroad.
The government failed us that's the truth.
How many rumours and fake news have u seen regarding this pandemic?
Did u just say people should not google the symptoms of the infection?
Are u saying all victims have the same symptoms?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by blowjohn(m): 6:52am On Mar 23, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

Am quite aware he has been doing a a great job but more needs to be done being a the Governor of a flash point

If all activities can be halted in state for 2 weeks with the present count of cases we have now and the status quo. It's definitely certain the virus will be contained.

That 2 weeks will bring out all potential symptoms in infected victims. An outbreak will be deadly and will cost more than the two weeks curfew. And for a state like Lagos with it's
structural and social infrastructure, count will go exponential.

Like I said earlier, A stich in time, ......

I agree. I pray it doesn't get worse in lagos and abuja, esp lagos.
With that population, its gonna be a terrible disaster.
There should be full shutdown of lagos. Nobody should go to work.

Problem is the markets . Out markets are not the modern type
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by Nobody: 6:54am On Mar 23, 2020
yanabasee:

Which is why I argued with a friend earlier, that the virus is more than what is reported. The outbreak will be massive when people start dropping dead on the street...

The Nigerian government isn't doing enough to see to the well-being of its citizens..

People need to start dropping dead. Most Nigerians are NOT taking this seriously at all. If your government talks to kingdom come and Nigerians don’t care, there is nothing that can be done. Worse as most of the masses think it is some sort of hoax or that Nigerians are black and cannot get it.
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by Nobody: 6:55am On Mar 23, 2020
blowjohn:

I agree. I pray it doesn't get worse in lagos and abuja, esp lagos.
With that population, its gonna be a terrible disaster.
There should be full shutdown of lagos. Nobody should go to work.

Problem is the markets . Out markets are not the modern type

Well said!

Bigger countries with robust economy's did what we are trying to do and got badly hit. We should learn from where they failed and start from where they started getting result. Shut down!
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by HRMK: 6:58am On Mar 23, 2020
commercial drivers and riders to put on masks and gloves?how do u identify them?is this not to the advantage of criminals among them?TOO BAD!
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by Nobody: 6:58am On Mar 23, 2020
This is the time to lock down Lagos and environs.

Declare a total curfew for 72 hrs to enable the government trace and track all potential contacts to these Corona virus carriers.

Please, someone close to government should tell them that o.

Otherwise, gobe for all of you.

Nigerians will never stay in one place unless there's curfew.
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by Openbusiness: 6:59am On Mar 23, 2020
Sanwo Olu told danfo drivers to carry 60% capacity, but Sanwo Olu didn't tell agbero not to collect owoda money from danfo drivers Coronavirus is flabbergasted at how much power agbero get for Lagos grin

Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by Ishilove: 7:04am On Mar 23, 2020
LMAO!

Smh
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by Lordbukas: 7:08am On Mar 23, 2020
All these salary earners shouting ground activities stay at home as if they have all they need to survive for one week. You guys better pray there's no full outbreak , otherwise u will not even see data to come on nairaland to comment rubbish.
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by jimmyLd101: 7:08am On Mar 23, 2020
[quote author=Zombiekiller010 post=87682320]They Shouldn't ,they should trust in God, pray & Fast. My Pastor preach this in yesterday Sunday service .[/quote Stop that
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by Coreyon: 7:09am On Mar 23, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:
This is the time to lock down Lagos and environs.

Declare a total curfew for 72 hrs to enable the government trace and track all potential contacts to these Corona virus carriers.

Please, someone close to government should tell them that o.

Otherwise, gobe for all of you.

Nigerians will never stay in one place unless there's curfew.

[/s]
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by KennieKingOba(m): 7:18am On Mar 23, 2020
if bus conductor wears face mask, how would he be able to shout ketu ketu!!!! Wole pelu change e o!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by tfelicityk(m): 7:24am On Mar 23, 2020
Compliance matters here...

They should have obliged them to carry just three persons per row of their bus seat. And they should retain same price for the fare
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by Ladycewhy(f): 7:24am On Mar 23, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

It's a pity.

If as of date we cant learn from well structured countries with robust economy's, who have got hit by this virus, then is a big shame and failure on our path.

You talking about Nigerians paying rent for 2 weeks, hunger and what else? Sincerely, you don't know what's coming.

If countries like France, UK, Italy and the US saw it vividly coming and still got hit badly, how much more Nigeria.

And what did they end up doing? Please answer!

So you now want us to repeat same at the expense of rent and hunger.

Sincerely, you have no idea about the potency of the pandemic we talking about.
The truth is we have to choose to be more realistic . We are not a cashless society where people can afford to order food online and companies ration food for families so it can go round.

Whatever is coming I think we still need to know how to manage it rather than prevent it cos our lifestyle in a third world country leaves little or no room to prevent being infected .

Whatever is coming bro, all I have to say is people are treating the early symptoms at home and are surviving. Lets me more focused on that.
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by ikorodureporta: 7:28am On Mar 23, 2020
of what value that gloves go be.... same gloves for multiple purpose
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by Teddyg2(m): 7:29am On Mar 23, 2020
COVID-19

Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by mrphysics(m): 7:36am On Mar 23, 2020
blowjohn:

Sir, ma, or whoever u r. Ur information is a very sinister and wicked one.
First of all those countries u mentioned closed their borders when the bad signs began to show and banned all flights too .
Our health minister in a press briefing said they will not stop flights from china and UK about 3 weeks + ago.
Aside the first index case who was an italian, later ones were from flights from infected countries and Nigerians protested that they should bundle and quarantine anyone coming in from such countries. And if they cant, they should ban flights.
Ur commenting as if we dont know that part of the reason why they didnt close our airports was becos our politicians, big men, and their children were still abroad.
The government failed us that's the truth.
How many rumours and fake news have u seen regarding this pandemic?
Did u just say people should not google the symptoms of the infection?
Are u saying all victims have the same symptoms?
You are making noise bro. I am in France and I follow it strictly more than you do. US, UK, France, Germany all closed their borders last week when they already have over 10k cases.

If you don't have anything meaningful to post, please do not mention me again

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by pajudah007(m): 7:45am On Mar 23, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:
Smh

Seems Sanwoolu does not know the gravity of what's coming.

Ground Lagos, it's a trigger point. Ground activities.

If it comes full blast with this light precautionary measures, it's going to be disastrous.

I repeat, Sanwo should ground the state.

Our infrastructures and social welfare fascilities will sporadically escalate issues as it's not evenly distributed, equiped and over utilized, which will be a catalyst of the pandemic.

A stitch in time, ......

The problem we have in this country is we always want to copy from countries that have already put their houses in order.

First, I am sure you don't live in Lagos. What measures has the govt put in place before you are calling for outright grounding? You for kukuma come kill us as corona Neva kill us Na. They have advised social distancing which I think is ok. How on earth will you ever suggest grounding Lagos without thinking of how people will survive through it?

Abeg dey ur dey for ur state and live us alone, Las Las we all will pull through.
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by Nobody: 7:50am On Mar 23, 2020
pajudah007:
The problem we have in this country is we always want to copy from countries that have already put their houses in order.

First, I am sure you don't live in Lagos. What measures has the govt put in place before you are calling for outright grounding? You for kukuma come kill us as corona Neva kill us Na. They have advised social distancing which I think is ok. How on earth will you ever suggest grounding Lagos without thinking of how people will survive through it?

Abeg dey ur dey for ur state and live us alone, Las Las we all will pull through.

It's a pity you don't know what you talking about.

Let me allow you be.
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by blowjohn(m): 8:04am On Mar 23, 2020
mrphysics:

You are making noise bro. I am in France and I follow it strictly more than you do. US, UK, France, Germany all closed their borders last week when they already have over 10k cases.

If you don't have anything meaningful to post, please do not mention me again

Oga keep quiet. The truth is the truth.
If we had banned flights since we wouldn't be in this mess.
Am talking banning of flights ur talking borders.
The index cases in nigeria climed fence to enter?
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by mrphysics(m): 8:13am On Mar 23, 2020
blowjohn:

Oga keep quiet. The truth is the truth.
If we had banned flights since we wouldn't be in this mess.
Am talking banning of flights ur talking borders.
The index cases in nigeria climed fence to enter?
Since borders to you means land borders, I am constrained to believe you are uninformed. I would be wasting time indulging you further.
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by liverpudian9(m): 8:16am On Mar 23, 2020
Agbero will not be able to shout with that face mask
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by Dominatrix(f): 8:22am On Mar 23, 2020
GermanMelania:

The issue is naija is just following western nation protocols instead of looking into local solutions. See how nafdac just approved malaria drug meanwhile FDA is still testing. All ontop trump talk. Naijas rushed go buy meds. Those meds can kill you easily. Even in ohio doctors are stockpiling every drug in trial for their family and friends that the pharmaceutical board had to step in and require a diagnosing before filling.
Humans are fucking selfish
They will hoard while another starves
Don't take it as a bad sign. America is that rich friend who doesnt like us but we wsnt to please so bad.
It is possible they found out while snooping that african doctors were diagnosings COVID as malaria and prescribing thr drug and people were getting better but will never ever give us credit as to why the lower regions have a lower rate than places they used to call the middle east until this virus happenef. Now egypt and Morocco are all of q sudden Africa.
Beats me.... Nigeria hasn't made a single decision on its own since the outbreak
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by ajasay3030(m): 8:30am On Mar 23, 2020
Hairstylist should also be ordered to use hand gloves.
Re: Lagos Govt Orders All Commercial Drivers, Conductors To Wear Masks, Gloves by suxy(m): 8:33am On Mar 23, 2020
Na dis one tire me I swear

"All drivers and conductors should always wear hand gloves and nose guides while in transit"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

601 New COVID-19 Cases, 882 Discharged And 1 Death On August 22 - (3946 Tested)) / 53-year-old Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 20 Years Of Childlessness / South African Man Living With HIV For 19 Years Tells His Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.