Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,217 members, 7,867,550 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 06:11 PM

Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate (7707 Views)

Dino Melaye Challenges Jonathan & Buhari To Liver Test As Tweeters React / Nigerian Military Have Delivered On Security Challenges –jonathan / 2011: Atiku Challenges Presidential Aspirants To Debate ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by anonimi: 2:23pm On Dec 27, 2010
Chase the Hooligans-in-Power (HiPs) out and vote in better candidates.

Remember to RSVP -

Register;
Select and sponsor(your candidates);
Vote;
Protect your votes;

Let this be our motto for this election period.
Copy and text the motto to as many as possible on your GSM (and/or email) and several times during the voter registration period.
One Man, One Vote!!!
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by banom(m): 2:24pm On Dec 27, 2010
@ mikeansy,

I would like to have a private discussion with you, i will open a separate thread for it right away and i will notify you, perhaps two of us can have a debate there,
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 27, 2010
hassymo5:

2007 there was a dabate. Nothing has change. So we dont need any debate. We need leaders who can perform.

How will you know those who can perform if they don't defend their past records before the Nigerian people on live TV?

You people will drive this country into the stone age with your sentiments. Jonathan Goodluck has a PhD for God's sake, he was once a lecturer as he claimed. He should be able to hold his own against anybody in a live TV debate. What is he scared off?

Shame on you all. What is wrong with having Jonathan defend his records, tell us where he stands on the issues and question Atiku's records?

You people should tell you principal Jonathan to lead a coup-de-tat; dissolve the NASS, suspend democracy and introduce full blown dictatorship. That is the only way he will remain in power without being questioned or having to defend his records or standing for elections.

shame on you all!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by appletango: 2:34pm On Dec 27, 2010
look at how team GEJ are running scared about a little old tv debate. i thought your man was educated? i thought he was a gifted administrator? i thought he had all the answers to the country's problems? come on guys, this should be a walk in the park for someone as erudite and articulate as GEJ aka The Greatest Nigerian Alive.

the simple truth is that he is a phony and even his loyal followers are aware of this, which is why everyone is making excuses like : "ts so Unnecessary cos its not the general populance that will determine the outcome of the PDP primaries" and "the debate will really be senseless since its not the masses that determine the outcome of PDP primaries,  GEJ has a good excuse to reject the invitation".  grin grin grin

it seems that GEJ supporters are just as cowardly as the man himself.

you guys ain't fit to run a kfc, talk less a country.
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by Faeb: 2:39pm On Dec 27, 2010
^
Make una go begin sharp una cutlass, because defeat is coming. Lets see how far you can go with your promise of "violent change."

mikeansy:

How will you know those who can perform if they don't defend their past records before the Nigerian people on live TV?

You people will drive this country into the stone age with your sentiments. Jonathan Goodluck has a PhD for God's sake, he was once a lecturer as he claimed. He should be able to hold his own against anybody in a live TV debate. What is he scared off?

Shame on you all. What is wrong with having Jonathan defend his records, tell us where he stands on the issues and question Atiku's records?

You people should tell you principal Jonathan to lead a coup-de-tat; dissolve the NASS, suspend democracy and introduce full blown dictatorship. That is the only way he will remain in power without being questioned or having to defend his records or standing for elections.

shame on you all!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, stop ranting foolishly.
GEJ will easily floor Atiku, who is a bushman that only knows the politics of bitterness, ethnic bigotry and how to incite violence.
GEJ's camp has not replied yet, so please shut your Atiku worshiping trap.

If I were GEJ, I would bother reply, cos the primaries are just over two weeks away and Atiku is looking for cheap publicity. His campaign is unlikely to survive in any strength for more than a couple of weeks anyway.
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by pingpong1: 2:42pm On Dec 27, 2010
GEJ's PHD= Phony Hollow Diploma.
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 27, 2010
Faeb:

Dude, stop ranting foolishly.
GEJ will easily floor Atiku, who is a bushman that only knows the politics of bitterness, ethnic bigotry and how to incite violence.
GEJ's camp has not replied yet, so please shut your Atiku worshiping trap.

If I were GEJ, I would bother reply, cos the primaries are just over two weeks away and Atiku is looking for cheap publicity. His campaign is unlikely to survive in any strength for more than a couple of weeks anyway.

So why not ask GEJ to go and floor Atiku? Why making excuses?

Even People like Ahmadinejad of Iran came out for debates to defend their records. And then the so called Nigerian Obama is scared of one?

Countries Like South Africa, Ghana, USA, UK, France, Italy all have debates before elections, why cant this be included in our electoral culture by our so called change candidate.

I say it again. SHAME ON YOU. Beaf go and bury your head in the sand for being part of a scam to impose a clueless guy on the country.

GEJ has a PhD, this should have been a cakewalk for him, if he does not go and floor Atiku in a debate before the PDP Primaries, then he should remain silent forever and never make noise again about change for he has no clue what the word means.

Once again Beaf! SHAME on you, I hope the rest of the country see through the madness folks like you want to impose on the country.
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by Faeb: 2:47pm On Dec 27, 2010
GEJ is a PhD who will wipe the floor with Atiku's miserable, wrinkly butt! grin grin grin grin

[size=14pt]Atiku is a THIEF!!![/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/368800_thief3_jpg18ce5b55e33d70114b026dcbce44c15e
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by Samchuky(m): 2:48pm On Dec 27, 2010
gbam. Why not invite evry aspirant. He is up to something
hassymo5:

Gej don't go 4 any debate. It worthless. If there wul be a debate then it should be 4 all presidential aspirants not only atiku and gej. Atiku have a plan. All aspirants should participate or neva.
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 27, 2010
Or does it not occur to you that if GEJ truly represents change and has a clear intention then he would have been the one making this call for debates weeks ago?

Why can't Saint GEJ come out on National TV and floor Atiku like you guys claim?

The future of this country is certainly bleak with folks like.
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by Faeb: 2:53pm On Dec 27, 2010
mikeansy:

So why not ask GEJ to go and floor Atiku? Why making excuses?

Even People like Ahmadinejad of Iran came out for debates to defend their records. And then the so called Nigerian Obama is scared of one?

Countries Like South Africa, Ghana, USA, UK, France, Italy all have debates before elections, why cant this be included in our electoral culture by our so called change candidate.

I say it again. SHAME ON YOU. Beaf go and bury your head in the sand for being part of a scam to impose a clueless guy on the country.

GEJ has a PhD, this should have been a cakewalk for him, if he does not go and floor Atiku in a debate before the PDP Primaries, then he should remain silent forever and never make noise again about change for he has no clue what the word means.

Once again Beaf! SHAME on you, I hope the rest of the country see through the madness folks like you want to impose on the country.

Shame on you for supporting and worshipping a THIEF!!
Atiku is a neanderthal who has threatened violence and is hanging onto a dead campaign for dear life!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

[size=14pt]Atiku is desperate and tragically hanging on GEJ's popularity for a lil lift!! LOLZ!!![/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/186263_busConductor_jpg08c7bc800e5cb2a690682e3501924a14

www.nairaland.com/attachments/317132_ROTFLM_gif474f1382cac6aa709538e551d507cbfc
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by appletango: 2:56pm On Dec 27, 2010
[size=40pt]GEJ's PHD= Phony Hollow Diploma.
[/size]
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by Faeb: 2:57pm On Dec 27, 2010
E ba mi gbe ole o! Yoruba peeps, abeg make una no vex if I murdered the language. grin grin grin grin

Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 27, 2010
Faeb:

Shame on you for supporting and worshipping a THIEF!!
Atiku is a neanderthal who has threatened violence and is hanging onto a dead campaign for dear life!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

[size=14pt]Atiku is desperate and tragically hanging on GEJ's popularity for a lil lift!! LOLZ!!![/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/186263_busConductor_jpg08c7bc800e5cb2a690682e3501924a14

What is your President doing allowing a thief to run for President instead of being in Jail.

What are you doing as a responsible Nigerian, why have you not taken the evidence of stealing you have against Atiku  to a court of law so that he can be jailed?

I honestly have no time for half-baked fools who are barely literate, because no literate person will call a man who has not been convicted by a court of law names.

Tell your principal to come out on National TV and expose Atiku and any wrongdoings you guys have against him. Nigeria's democracy will be better for it. No serious minded folk who wants the best for their country will support a dodgy Presidential candidate who dodges a Presidential debate.

Jonathan should come on TV to defend those ideas he has been posting on facebook. That is not too much to ask of your President in 2011 Nigeria.
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 27, 2010
appletango:

[size=40pt]GEJ's PHD= Phony Hollow Diploma.
[/size]

I like that  one grin grin grin grin grin grin

lol

it is truly one big "Phony Hollow Diploma"

I wonder how he did his viva? clueless dumba.ss
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by Eziachi: 3:03pm On Dec 27, 2010
daroz:

why are u all fooling urselves? Did GEJ says he is afraid of going into a debate with your silly Atiku? The fact is that its so Unnecessary cos its not the general populance that will determine the outcome of the PDP primaries. Its just like the devil telling Jesus,

'If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee; and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash they foot against a stone'
So why did Jesus not actually cast himself down to prove himself? Simply becos, its so unnecessary. You can be the best talker and deciever, yet be the most corrupt leader. na by debate?
Why would any sane person say that any sort of debate, discussion, opinion exchange is unnecesary in a democracy all for the sake of being a supporter a candidate? Especially candidates that doesn't give a hoot about your existence.
So who in your opinion is the general populance? So the so called voters in the PDP primaries are not Nigerians and part of the greater general populance and wouldn't their choice impact of the rest of the population?
I don't know why blind loyalty for people that don't care about your existence blinds some totally. Being Jonathan supporter doesn't mean that you can't recognise a good thing said by his opponent and the same goes with Atiku blind supporters too.

As long I know, debate among aspirants in a primary is as important as the one for the actual election. If you get the result of the primaries wrong as per the choice of the candidate, you will get it wrong at the main election. It is just like sports, a good sports man takes his training even more serious than the actual event, because yo cannot perfom on the day of the event if you neglect your training.

Obama, Mrs Clinton and others had loads of debate during their parties primaries and so too was the republican camp of Senator Mcain and other aspirants from his party before the candidates were elected. I can't imagine the best forum to use to tell Atiku what we had been accused his opponent than in a debate format and then wait for his response or even a counter accusation for his opponent and then let the public can make up their own mind whether they will be voting in the primary or not.
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by Donmeca(m): 3:03pm On Dec 27, 2010
I wish to state that GEJ has not even said no to the challenge, so y all dis "GEJ is afraid" statements? d guy may even floor Atiku for all we know. Atiku and co never finish there campaign on "Moments with Mo" and wants a national debate for PDP aspirants. . .nawa oo. One party system?
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by Faeb: 3:07pm On Dec 27, 2010
mikeansy:

What is your President doing allowing a thief to run for President instead of being in Jail.

What are you doing as a responsible Nigerian, why have you not taken the evidence of stealing you have against Atiku  to a court of law so that he can be jailed?

I honestly have no time for half-baked fools who are barely literate, because no literate people will call a man who has not been convicted by a court of law names.

Tell your principal to come out on National TV and expose Atiku and any wrongdoings you guys have against him. Nigeria's democracy will be better for it. No serious minded folk who wants the best for their country will support a dodgy Presidential candidate who dodges a Presidential debate.

Jonathan should come on TV to defend those ideas he has been posting on facebook. That is not too much to ask of your President in 2011 Nigeria.

Atiku and his wife fled the US when they were given court summouns (like all thieves do). The poor US authorities were all over Nigeria, looking for Mrs. Atiku to serve court papers, but she had escaped to an unknown location in Dubai.

[size=14pt]. . .Yet, the THEIF Atiku wants to debate![/size]
Unu go wound pesin o!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/284667_LMAO_gif0f1d76fe60eb9c343fd39b3dbb1fb2ef
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by banom(m): 3:09pm On Dec 27, 2010
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by debosky(m): 3:09pm On Dec 27, 2010
I can't imagine why all these allegations of stealing cannot be made to Atiku during the debate. Afterall since GEJ is squeaky clean, he should be able to defend himself and eloquently destroy Atiku?

@ Beaf

If you're so sure GEJ will win, let him get deal with Atiku in the debate. Funnily enough, I don't think GEJ will accept - his press guys will come up with some moronic excuse about Atiku being beneath him.
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by debosky(m): 3:12pm On Dec 27, 2010
Faeb:

Atiku and his wife fled the US when they were given court summouns (like all thieves do). The poor US authorities were all over Nigeria, looking for Mrs. Atiku to serve court papers, but she had escaped to an unknown location in Dubai.

Stop telling lies. . . .there were NO US authorities looking for Atiku or his wife. The only people looking for Atiku were the lawyers of the corrupt Jefferson looking for someone to rope into their scheme.

We'd expect supporters of the 'honest' GEJ to get facts straight, but then again, what do you expect from people who claimed to bring fb to Nigeria? cheesy
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by Faeb: 3:15pm On Dec 27, 2010
debosky:

I can't imagine why all these allegations of stealing cannot be made to Atiku during the debate. Afterall since GEJ is squeaky clean, he should be able to defend himself and eloquently destroy Atiku?

@ Beaf

If you're so sure GEJ will win, let him get deal with Atiku in the debate. Funnily enough, I don't think GEJ will accept - his press guys will come up with some moronic excuse about Atiku being beneath him.

Cross that bridge when GEJ replies.
. . .Imagine a thief wanting to debate and his worshippers are making silly noises from his desperate move to hang unto GEJ's popularity wagon. Damn funny! The tricks desperate men with dead campaigns get up to; from zoning, ethnic bigotry, forging documents, lying, threatening violence. . .And now the whimper of a shrimp! grin grin grin grin grin

Abeg, make pesin see road jare!
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by ekubear1: 3:18pm On Dec 27, 2010
I don't see how GEJ is comparable to Obama. Obama is one of the most personable and eloquent politicians in American history.

GEJ on the other hand doesn't come across well in interviews. He was flustered quite easily in the CNN interview with that Sesay woman. So unless he has received extensive coaching on public speaking since then (and also learned somehow how to think more quickly in high-pressure situations), then he really needs to avoid debating Atiku.

Whether Atiku is a thief or not is irrelevant for the purposes of who will win the debate. If you are watching a debate and one person looks calm, collected, presidential, and answers the questions asked clearly without stumbling all over the place, then on a gut, instinctual level you'll prefer that person to his bumbling opponent.

Heck, me myself I don't like Atiku at all or what he represents, and much prefer GEJ over him (though would prefer Buhari/Yorubaman on an ACN ticket over either.) But if GEJ looks incompetent in the debate and Atiku presidential, can I in good conscience support GEJ?

GEJ at all costs must avoid the debate, in my opinion. There is too much to lose and very little to be gained from it. And it isn't as if he some sort of Obama-like oratory juggernaut. When it comes to public speaking, he is much closer to a bumbler than a smooth professional.
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by Olami099(m): 3:24pm On Dec 27, 2010
hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by Eziachi: 3:26pm On Dec 27, 2010
eku_bear:

I don't see how GEJ is comparable to Obama. Obama is one of the most personable and eloquent politicians in American history.

GEJ on the other hand doesn't come across well in interviews. He was flustered quite easily in the CNN interview with that Sesay woman. So unless he has received extensive coaching on public speaking since then (and also learned somehow how to think more quickly in high-pressure situations), then he really needs to avoid debating Atiku.

Whether Atiku is a thief or not is irrelevant for the purposes of who will win the debate. If you are watching a debate and one person looks calm, collected, presidential, and answers the questions asked clearly without stumbling all over the place, then on a gut, instinctual level you'll prefer that person to his bumbling opponent.

Heck, me myself I don't like Atiku at all or what he represents, and much prefer GEJ over him (though would prefer Buhari/Yorubaman on an ACN ticket over either.) But if GEJ looks incompetent in the debate and Atiku presidential, can I in good conscience support GEJ?

GEJ at all costs must avoid the debate, in my opinion. There is too much to lose and very little to be gained from it. And it isn't as if he some sort of Obama-like oratory juggernaut. When it comes to public speaking, he is much closer to a bumbler than a smooth professional.

Good point.
But its only in Nigeria does a thief want to appear before a court and the police will say no chance of you being subjected to public gaze, isntead of the other way round.
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by mirage(m): 3:27pm On Dec 27, 2010
To be honest GEJ should accept the invitation, but looking at the character of the person Atiku and his antecedent and what he is capable of doing, it will be very wrong for GEJ to accept such tricky invitation at this period. This is the same trick he use to sideline IBB and  SARAKi to arrive at Northern candidate or why did he not call for same debate during OBJ as vice president against other VPs or better still against Yardua. The truth is, he new well that GEJ is naive with little experience in office and this is an opportunity to expose all his mistake. Atiku is a political coup plotter and a desperate man. GEJ [list]
[li]BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!![/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by debosky(m): 3:29pm On Dec 27, 2010
@ eku_bear I agree with you and GEJ's aides likely know the same. . . .they will come up with their idiotic cover ups for him to deny it.
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by Faeb: 3:32pm On Dec 27, 2010
^
Don't worry, we will help you build a shrine to help your thief worshipping.
. . .Two candles, 3 black goats and some rotten food in the evil forest. wink

mirage:

To be honest GEJ should accept the invitation, but looking at the character of the person Atiku and his antecedent and what he is capable of doing, it will be very wrong for GEJ to accept such tricky invitation at this period. This is the same trick he use to sideline IBB and  SARAKi to arrive at Northern candidate or why did he not call for same debate during OBJ as vice president against other VPs or better still against Yardua. The truth is, he new well that GEJ is naive with little experience in office and this is an opportunity to expose all his mistake. Atiku is a political coup plotter and a desperate man. GEJ [list]
[li]BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!![/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]

Atiku is only playing desperate tricks to hang on GEJ's popularity battle ship. He knows how long it takes to organise debates, yet the primaries are a mere couple of weeks away need I say more? Highly suspect (but such is to be expected from a thief).
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by debosky(m): 3:37pm On Dec 27, 2010
Faeb:

^
Don't worry, we will help you build a shrine to help your thief worshipping. wink

Unlike you, I haven't sold my identity in the name of supporting a candidate.

Atiku is only playing desperate tricks to hang on GEJ's popularity battle ship. He knows how long it takes to organise debates, yet the primaries are a mere couple of weeks away need I say more? Highly suspect (but such is to be expected from a thief).

How long does it take to organise debates? They can have one at the PDP primaries and carry it out before the voting takes place. Someone who has never won an electoral contest in his life will clearly be scared of facing his opponent one on one. That is the central theme of GEJ's campaign.
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by appletango: 3:39pm On Dec 27, 2010
Faeb:

^
Don't worry, we will help you build a shrine to help your thief worshipping.
. . .Two candles, 3 black goats and some rotten food in the evil forest. wink

shocked shocked shocked

what does that even mean?? my friend, you shouldn't be concerned about your yoruba; it's your English that's reprehensible
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 27, 2010
This country will only make progress when we have a President who runs the country like a business and gives account to the Nigerian people on his stewardship. In essence we need a President who sees himself as a CEO and then the Nigerian people as shareholders.

Will any shareholder of any company in recruiting a CEO prefer to waive Interview or Presentation as an integral part of the recruitment process just because some candidates can't communicate very well or have no clue on what their job description is all about?

Certainly if the shareholders make a recruitment decision like that then they have no business complaining if they end up hiring a mediocre CEO who ends up running the company down.

This is clearly what we are doing here.

No matter who you support in this election, this country will be better off if we have more debates so that candidates can defend their life records and question other's records.

Anybody who for political expediency does not recognise this universal truth should bury their heads in the sand. Shame on them.

This country clearly deserves the leadership it gets.
Re: Atiku Challenges Jonathan To Debate by Kobojunkie: 3:42pm On Dec 27, 2010

THE former vice-president and presidential aspirant of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has challenged President Good-luck Jonathan, who is also another presidential aspirant to a public debate on their programmes for the people of Nigeria.

Great idea! Hope the Jonathan camp will choose to oblige him, and the Nigerian people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Marketers Sell Kerosene, Black Oil Mixture As Diesel / Abdullahi Gobir Says Border Closure Is In Good Faith / INEC, Police, DSS To Monitor Niger PDP State Congresses Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.