Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,855 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

Coronavirus: Buhari “Addresses” Nigerians On COVID-19 (Video) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coronavirus: Buhari “Addresses” Nigerians On COVID-19 (Video) (61618 Views)

President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On EndSARS Protests (Live Updates) / Coronavirus: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians - Live Updates (13 April 2020) / President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On Coronavirus (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Buhari “Addresses” Nigerians On COVID-19 (Video) by Godformeeeeeee: 9:01am On Mar 23, 2020
Why put virus after pronouncing the code name COVID_19
It's COVID_19☑️
Not COVID _19 virus❎
Buhari has won the balloon d' or as the dumbest president in d world
Re: Coronavirus: Buhari “Addresses” Nigerians On COVID-19 (Video) by Humanoid01(m): 9:02am On Mar 23, 2020
Elvis2kay:
Mr. President..KOVIC is a football manager in Serbia
Yeah, Kovic Kovacic, the father of Chelsea's Matteo Kovacic. Hahahaha!
Re: Coronavirus: Buhari “Addresses” Nigerians On COVID-19 (Video) by Moikiitos: 9:02am On Mar 23, 2020
deantimes:

https://todaypoliticsng.com/nigerians-react-to-buharis-pronunciation-of-covid-19/

A very slow and passive government...is it now you come to address the nation on what your government is doing to combat this menace called COVID-19 :/

Shame on you guys...in power.
Re: Coronavirus: Buhari “Addresses” Nigerians On COVID-19 (Video) by Kylekent59: 9:03am On Mar 23, 2020
Let us not be tribalistic or try to politicise the matter on ground.

People are seen here criticising his speech, accent, the way he talks and the duration of his speech.

The one most important thing is that he has addressed the nation. It doesn't matter what he says or not, whether he pronounced the word[COVID_19] correctly or not.

It is high time we stop shifting blames from one person to another, but try as much as we can to fighting and containing the virus.

Abusing the FG, criticising his accent, or any other form of raining abusive words on him won't solve our matter. We just need to endure and carry on.

Anything we are doing or saying, let us try to be diplomatic.

What must be must be, Buhari is still the president of Nigeria, no matter what we say, how we criticise him, make mockery of his accent. These would never remove him from power.

"Bad politicians were not born, but created by some good people who do not vote"

Most of all those people that have been criticising him didn't not vote, and when they don't vote, the others vote for him and he is declared winner. So, whose fault is it?

Allow the president to rule in peace. 2023 is two years and 9 months with some days from now. Then you can correct your mistakes.
Re: Coronavirus: Buhari “Addresses” Nigerians On COVID-19 (Video) by Timijo(m): 9:04am On Mar 23, 2020
post=87684550:
Nigeria will win this war as other nations of the world.

God bless our darling Daddy [b]President Muhammadu Buhari and his AMIABLE Vice President PROF YEMI OSINBAJO
Please watch the use of your personal pronoun. If you have chosen the president as your darling daddy, be proud to personalise it instead of making a generic statement.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Buhari “Addresses” Nigerians On COVID-19 (Video) by bekpo(m): 9:04am On Mar 23, 2020
blowjohn:

He made a point!

What point? A silly point?
Re: Coronavirus: Buhari “Addresses” Nigerians On COVID-19 (Video) by gowonmaharajah(m): 9:05am On Mar 23, 2020
Nigerian youths are crazy... what more do you want from this man,exactly?

if he hadn't come out to address the nation,you wouldn't let us hear words here.

now that he's out,you still dey grumble on top the way he pronounced covoid 9.
well, na so u go wail until he finishes his tenure.
Re: Coronavirus: Buhari “Addresses” Nigerians On COVID-19 (Video) by Iphupa: 9:07am On Mar 23, 2020
PDJT:
-The illiterate cow has to be the dumbest president currently on earth. I mean even primary school kids can effortlessly pronounce the virus name. The man is definitely brain dead, no doubt about that.
. he has an accent...if you have a problem with his accent you can go to China(Wuhan) to protest
Re: Coronavirus: Buhari “Addresses” Nigerians On COVID-19 (Video) by baysol: 9:08am On Mar 23, 2020
Buhari has discovered a new disease causing virus called covic one nine virus. Aren't blessed with the inteligence of these president who mind cattle more than human life. He is content in so far as cattle can't catch the virus. grin grin grin
Re: Coronavirus: Buhari “Addresses” Nigerians On COVID-19 (Video) by Minemrys: 9:08am On Mar 23, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:
Religion and tribalism is what made Buhari president today. With all the technocrats and well read people in this country, Look at what we produced as president.
Baba, may God eternally bless u.
Re: Coronavirus: Buhari “Addresses” Nigerians On COVID-19 (Video) by ZombiePUNISHER: 9:09am On Mar 23, 2020
tatatar:

The majority of Nigerians must be insane
You do realise you buhari haters are the minority right?
Can you tell me the definition of lifelessness and illiteracy again.

Take nairaland for example....
Like for stone.... Share for Buhari
Re: Coronavirus: Buhari “Addresses” Nigerians On COVID-19 (Video) by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:10am On Mar 23, 2020
Minemrys:

Baba, may God eternally bless u.

Thanks bro
Re: Coronavirus: Buhari “Addresses” Nigerians On COVID-19 (Video) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:10am On Mar 23, 2020
Timijo:
Please watch the use of your personal pronoun. If you have chosen the president as your darling daddy, be proud to personalise it instead of making a generic statement.
Awwwwww.
We love your signature on Nairaland.
One of the best we have come across.

Rejoice, and I say unto you again rejoice because Jesus loves you and cares for you. AN EYE FOR AN EYE WILL ONLY MAKE THE WORLD GO BLIND

Stay blessed Timi.
Bye for now wink
Re: Coronavirus: Buhari “Addresses” Nigerians On COVID-19 (Video) by ignis: 9:11am On Mar 23, 2020
jidxin:
bro you spoke my mind....wat d hell is one nine....he is not updated, he is not following....at all

It's pathetic.
Re: Coronavirus: Buhari “Addresses” Nigerians On COVID-19 (Video) by sonnie10: 9:12am On Mar 23, 2020
Officialgarri:

You are so bold in your ignorance.
Why do people keep saying "twenty nineteen" when they can simply use "two thousand and nineteen" which is mathematically correct?

You are just bent on looking for errors where there's none. Channel your hate energy into something else. You might be productive.

Don’t say what you don’t know.
Twenty nineteen and two thousand and nineteen are used interchangeably in some instances for the 2019. The latter is mostly used in official court documents.
Your pay master cannot all of a sudden come and manufacture his own version-20 one nine and people like you would try to force it down our throats.
You can’t defend illiteracy!
We all know it’s from his inability to pronounce coronavirus.
In his bid to evade saying coronavirus, he even embarrassed himself the more.
Re: Coronavirus: Buhari “Addresses” Nigerians On COVID-19 (Video) by Officialgarri: 9:15am On Mar 23, 2020
sonnie10:

Don’t say what you don’t know.
Twenty nineteen and two thousand and nineteen are used interchangeably in some instances for the 2019. The latter is mostly used in official court documents.
Your pay master cannot all of a sudden come and manufacture his own version-20 one nine and people like you would try to force it down our throats.
You can’t defend illiteracy!
We all know it’s from his inability to pronounce coronavirus.
In his bid to evade saying coronavirus, he even embarrassed himself the more.

You talk too much and you spew too much nonsense. You are incoherent. I'm done replying you but before I leave, I'll give you simple assignment; Type "Covid one nine" into Google search and look up the results. Have a nice time
Re: Coronavirus: Buhari “Addresses” Nigerians On COVID-19 (Video) by geezville(m): 9:15am On Mar 23, 2020
Hahahaa....bros, this cracked me up big time, you have no idea.
Savage!

daddytime:
That's our cure to the oyibo virus right there. When Covid go hear the name wey Bubu dey call am, himself go bone Nigeria.

Confuse am with English wey e no fit understand, e go take off.

After all the package wey dem use two whole weeks package and lecture am, na still this disaster e fit deliver. What a shame. No wonder anybody wey meet and snap pix with am dey always laugh. I even dey pity the poor old man as e dey talk like who wan pass out.

It is well.
Re: Coronavirus: Buhari “Addresses” Nigerians On COVID-19 (Video) by Timijo(m): 9:17am On Mar 23, 2020
This is why Nigerians are suffering from bad leadership. These statements are set back for the nation: "it doesn't matter who rules, it doesn't matter what he says or does, etc." I'm sure if it were an opposition member that blundered like that you will not spare the person. But it is okay when he is your man. "Worshipper of men." Learn to call a spade by what it is. He pronounced the word wrongly and that is it. In addition, his leadership system is worst and that is if he is the one in charge of the government. Nothing is working positively in the country and people like you keep singing his praises. In a sane country he would have been forced to resign long time ago but Nigerians like deception. (Suffering and smiling.)
Kylekent59:
Let us not be tribalistic or try to politicise the matter on ground.

People are seen here criticising his speech, accent, the way he talks and the duration of his speech.

The one most important thing is that he has addressed the nation. It doesn't matter what he says or not, whether he pronounced the word[COVID_19] correctly or not.

It is high time we stop shifting blames from one person to another, but try as much as we can to fighting and containing the virus.

Abusing the FG, criticising his accent, or any other form of raining abusive words on him won't solve our matter. We just need to endure and carry on.

Anything we are doing or saying, let us try to be diplomatic.

What must be must be, Buhari is still the president of Nigeria, no matter what we say, how we criticise him, make mockery of his accent. These would never remove him from power.

"Bad politicians were not born, but created by some good people who do not vote"

Most of all those people that have been criticising him didn't not vote, and when they don't vote, the others vote for him and he is declared winner. So, whose fault is it?

Allow the president to rule in peace. 2023 is two years and 9 months with some days from now. Then you can correct your mistakes.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Buhari “Addresses” Nigerians On COVID-19 (Video) by lexy2014: 9:18am On Mar 23, 2020
Nwodosis:
We should be happy that Covik- one nine virus has brought his overseas travelings to a stop!
Bubu has got nothing to lose, he's enjoying his retirement life as a President.

My brother, they are all afraid to travel abroad. That will save Nigeria some scarce forex
Re: Coronavirus: Buhari “Addresses” Nigerians On COVID-19 (Video) by bahaushe1: 9:20am On Mar 23, 2020
He wasn't actually 'addressing' the nation. He was addressing members of national hajj commission.
Re: Coronavirus: Buhari “Addresses” Nigerians On COVID-19 (Video) by Petdagr8t(m): 9:25am On Mar 23, 2020
Elvis2kay:
Mr. President..KOVIC is a football manager in Serbia
Chai...see finishing
Re: Coronavirus: Buhari “Addresses” Nigerians On COVID-19 (Video) by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:26am On Mar 23, 2020
SMH.

see Nigerian President.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Buhari “Addresses” Nigerians On COVID-19 (Video) by tatatar: 9:26am On Mar 23, 2020
ZombiePUNISHER:

Take nairaland for example....
Like for stone.... Share for Buhari
He was elected from nairaland abi?
Re: Coronavirus: Buhari “Addresses” Nigerians On COVID-19 (Video) by onatisi(m): 9:26am On Mar 23, 2020
he doesn't even sound reassuring at all. He himself looks very weak, sick and overwhelmed. i will be more worried if my president addresses me like this over an issue like corona infection, his manner of talking, body language, and everything will actually infect the citizenry with fear.
Re: Coronavirus: Buhari “Addresses” Nigerians On COVID-19 (Video) by sonnie10: 9:26am On Mar 23, 2020
Officialgarri:

You talk too much and you spew too much nonsense. You are incoherent. I'm done replying you but before I leave, I'll give you simple assignment; Type "Covid one nine" into Google search and look up the results. Have a nice time
Yes, I googled with the key words “dumbmest speech ever”
Guess what?
Covid one nine is top on the list.
What an intercontinental embarrassment!
Re: Coronavirus: Buhari “Addresses” Nigerians On COVID-19 (Video) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:28am On Mar 23, 2020
fk002:

God bless our darling president just know that if you only have one like then I am the one that gave you that like. I will always give you my likes whenever I see your comment because of the love you have for President Muhammadu Buhar and the country at large.

May God be with you wherever you are. You are a patriot.
A Very Big Amen.
God bless you too sir.
A better Nigeria is all we want.
Nigeria will be great again in our lifetime.
Once again,
God bless you and yours.
Stay blessed.
Re: Coronavirus: Buhari “Addresses” Nigerians On COVID-19 (Video) by sanpipita(m): 9:28am On Mar 23, 2020
BMC sharing a few seconds video from a meeting as address, these people don't rate Nigerians
Re: Coronavirus: Buhari “Addresses” Nigerians On COVID-19 (Video) by sofiscatedmoron: 9:29am On Mar 23, 2020
Omoslim26:

don't tell me you still want to do your Mumu childish Igbo vs Yoruba fight with a very critical issue as this

hmm nawa for you
Afonja Muslims voted apc
Thats what im trying to explain . Ewedu like u
Re: Coronavirus: Buhari “Addresses” Nigerians On COVID-19 (Video) by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 23, 2020
What a shame, this is what's ruling over 200million able-bodied men and women in Nigeria grin grin
Re: Coronavirus: Buhari “Addresses” Nigerians On COVID-19 (Video) by mapet: 9:30am On Mar 23, 2020
ignis:
His pronunciation of COVID as "COVIK" could be understandable because of his accent. However anyone who calls it "ONE NINE" instead of NINETEEN certainly have little or no idea about what is going on and has not been following both local and international news.

If after taking weeks to learn how to pronounce COVID - 19 before addressing Nigerians, this is the best he can offer, then there is a serious problem.

Imagine if he had to pronounce CORONA VIRUS.

In conclusion Nigerians major on the minor and minor in the major.

..and you don't realize you're facing the mirror?
Re: Coronavirus: Buhari “Addresses” Nigerians On COVID-19 (Video) by Reference(m): 9:31am On Mar 23, 2020
The Judiciary in the United Kingdom is shutting down slowly, cases being adjourned, minor cases cancelled completely. Prisons in some countries are letting out criminals. Very soon the criminal justice system around the world will be in jeopardy. First stage of total anarchy.

Folks, it is not about the 'flu' aka, common cough and catarrh. It is about the social impact of what is called a pandemic. The complete debilitation of society. This is the simple reason why we screamed to high beavens that borders should have been closed by the end of January. The borders remain open till this morning.

The first of my foreign business partners has called this morning on the effects of the pandemic in Nigeria. And my reply to his concern was simple. Nigeria simply does not have the structure to shut down the country. Nigeria is a country with the overwhelming population either unemployed or informally engaged economically. If the bulk of society is not formally recognised by government then goverment simply cannot stabilise the country if it puts in place any form of restrictions for the period ot will take to control the pandemic.

We are in a catch 22 situation. To beat Covid-19 you have to stop the heart of and then revive her again when the virus is dead. If you have no kit to resuscitate a heart it is pointless trying to stop it no matter the case for surgery. The Nigerian goverment is basically insolvent and even if it had the resources it doesn't know who the average citizen is and does not have the capacity to reach them in any meaningful palliative way.

This is why prevention was always better than the cure. WE SHOULD HAVE ACTED TO PREVENT THIS WHEN WE HAD THE TIME. Now let me see how this goverment intends to shut Nigeria down for the weeks and months it will take to kill this virus off.
Re: Coronavirus: Buhari “Addresses” Nigerians On COVID-19 (Video) by bender79: 9:31am On Mar 23, 2020
Pogba12:
God bless you my President.

At last you have silenced your enemies and wailers.

Someone that doesn't like you must always look for fault in whatever you do. Dont be deterred please.

Carry on Baba.
Bleep off. What is finding a fault in a commonly prounounced word in the World.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Gabriel Toby And Wife, Christy In Keke (Photos) / Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London / Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.