Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos (74798 Views)

Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience / An American’s Experience Of Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus / Nigeria Has High Rates Of HIV Infection In The World, Just 10% Get Tested -CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Lush100(m): 1:44pm On Mar 23, 2020
wow...so if someone is breathing heavily and falling on the floor, she should wat till he makes contact with an Italian before he gets tested; for a disease that is killing fast in which isolation is a viable solution.

Nigerian general hospital is just crap.

why not say , we are overwhelmed and we need order to make things work including putting a schedule.

will they now test the person after he is DEAD!!!
Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by okenwa216(m): 1:45pm On Mar 23, 2020
You just got up and you want to be tested. Why? Is your life more important than everyone else in this country

1 Like

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Myde4naija(m): 1:46pm On Mar 23, 2020
Jamesrock:
Forget the statistics you see in Media... This shit is already full blown!!! Nah in two weeks time we go know!!!

Once it happens, I’m sure we can’t survive it, make our case no worse pass Italy own

This should hit front page o
prophet of doom, sebi una talk say nah lie government dey lie before and that the money air mark for it too much.

Why are you complaining again now?

Why?
Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Mariory(m): 1:46pm On Mar 23, 2020
chukel:
You were given a simple instruction by the doctor. You flouted it and decided to go see the almighty nurse. Most of the times, you guys are the cause of your issues.

I thought I was the only one that noticed this. And then they came on nairaland to complain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Ladycewhy(f): 1:47pm On Mar 23, 2020
The coming weeks will be full of turmoil cos testing for the common man is nearly impossible.
Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Ekejoestar(m): 1:48pm On Mar 23, 2020
okenwa216:
You just got up and you want to be tested. Why? Is your life more important than everyone else in this country
Guy,why are u disgracing yaself like dis? Did u read the post? Talk true.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:48pm On Mar 23, 2020
Let's just assume that the confirmed cases that coronavirus has knocked out is not thirty something. There are others out there that doctors and nurses have refused to attend to.
Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Rocktation(f): 1:51pm On Mar 23, 2020
joshjc:
Why did you go for the test,are you coming from any of the high risk country or you had contact with any of the infected patients?
Covid 19 is not malaria that you will walk in into any hospital to perform a test

Read his original post for God's sake.
Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by toboy: 1:55pm On Mar 23, 2020
OP, when the first doctor asked you to go home you should go home!! Only people who have corona related symptoms or emergency should be attended to in Hospital due to the stress on the medical services at the moment. Even in developed countries people with other illness are asked to stay at home so that medical services can focus on corona. Also going to hospitals now, you may expose yourself getting infected. They were doing you a favour but you kept on hovering from hospital to another

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by okenwa216(m): 1:55pm On Mar 23, 2020
Ekejoestar:

Guy,why are u disgracing yaself like dis? Did u read the post? Talk true.
Because your generation is a disgrace. That’s d truth

1 Like

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Lexusgs430: 1:57pm On Mar 23, 2020
Ekejoestar:

i undastand what u are tryin to say, but read my post very well, i didnt say that i was feelin somehow or that maybe i thought that i have the virus. Am jst tryin to fulfil the E.N.T Dr's request

All hospitals should cancel non emergency admissions/consultation/visits........
Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Jamesrock(m): 1:59pm On Mar 23, 2020
Myde4naija:
prophet of doom, sebi una talk say nah lie government dey lie before and that the money air mark for it too much.

Why are you complaining again now?

Why?

I am not ignorant... Direct that to the ignorant ones
Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Jamesrock(m): 1:59pm On Mar 23, 2020
emerged01:

Don’t say what you don’t know. No be only full blown

Only time will tell...
Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Jamesrock(m): 2:00pm On Mar 23, 2020
PassingShot:

But we had our first case (the index case) since a month ago which is about the same time Italy had theirs.

Don’t sound as if you don’t know Nigeria and how they use media to score cheap political points
Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Fawazzz: 2:01pm On Mar 23, 2020
We have invested too little funds in the healthcare services sector(both human and financial) over the years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Joevics(m): 2:02pm On Mar 23, 2020
joshjc:
Why did you go for the test,are you coming from any of the high risk country or you had contact with any of the infected patients?
Covid 19 is not malaria that you will walk in into any hospital to perform a test
People are getting tested in the US on a daily basis. The Nigerian government has been boasting of how prepared they are to combat the virus.

Now, they don't even have enough testing kits.
Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by MoxxxxO123(m): 2:03pm On Mar 23, 2020
okenwa216:
he went to see an Ent doctor then was referred to go to the nearest ncdc to get a negative test result before he can be attended to.
Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Nobody: 2:05pm On Mar 23, 2020
toboy:
OP, when the first doctor asked you to go home you should go home!! Only people who have corona related symptoms or emergency should be attended to in Hospital due to the stress on the medical services at the moment. Even in developed countries people with other illness are asked to stay at home so that medical services can focus on corona. Also going to hospitals now, you may expose yourself getting infected.
Dont mind him.How many test kit do we have available to waste on someone without referals and symptoms?It is not an all comer affair.is that the procedure to get tested.Nigerians especially the youth should value what you have.The way it is now even in the us can you just walk up to the doctor that you want a test. My brother that works in the hospital in us now said they were told to call all their patient that they dont want to see anyone in the hospital,you call and they diagnose you online.you are not the one to go and order for a test if you really knows what you want,i als blame the doctor that has you to go to free herself since she knows you know nothing about medical procedure during epidemics.So i advice you if you are still there to leave so as not to carry what you dont bargain for

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Nobody: 2:06pm On Mar 23, 2020
Ekejoestar:
I've been sitting here with one guy since 1hr plus now and there is no one that has attended to us and all the nurses were just going up and down.
What made me to sit this long was because of this ENT issue at LUTH if not for that, i wouldnt have waited this long just to get tested.
-i noticed that the staffs were being reluctant to carryout the test or maybe they dont have the test kit, and if the later is the issue then its a A BIG SHAME.

I cant wait any longer, i'll have to go and wait until (if) the pandemic is over.
My FELLOW NIGERIANS, MAY GOD HELP US IN THIS COVID-19 ISSUE.

Pls go and corroborate my story and if anyone have any idea on how to get tested and the procedures involved, let the person share with us.
why do you need an ENT? IF IT'S for ear treatment, let me know asap bro
Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Candoit: 2:06pm On Mar 23, 2020
Going to the hospital might even get you infected when you're not.
Stay safe. Stay at home
Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Ogaonos: 2:10pm On Mar 23, 2020
Gaggi:
Third world. We are on our own o. All we should do is stay safe and wait till the civilized world develop a cure. I don't blame any of the medical parties, if you catch anything you are on your own.
DT why one needs a real genuine man of God which are few ( go pray on olive oil dey use plus d sanitizer at dis period. because 9ja no ready.no measures on commercial transport terminals Nd bus parks.which is very vulnerable area of gathering to d spread.
Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by SmallmebigGod: 2:10pm On Mar 23, 2020
Ekejoestar:
Got to the hospital and explained to the man inside information management box outside the main hospital entrance and he asked me to go inside and ask of OPD ward.

- got inside the hospital and met a doctor, after explaining how i came from LUTH to CDC office at Yaba which later directed me here.

- DR asked me to go back to CDC yaba and get a referal letter from them, that someone cant just walk into the hospital and demand covid-19 test and he will get it.

- I ignored him and met a nurse, explained to her and she asked me to go to ward c.

- came to ward c, and found some nurses discussing in their office, I was about to approach them and they asked me to stay far not to come any further and say what i want to say. So i told them that am here to get tested and how the Dr at LUTH refused to attend to me unless i get a result from CDC indicating am negative. They asked me find a seat and wait for them that they will attend to me.
The doctor asked you to go home. The issue of getting negative tests from CDC is just to tell you you should be more concerned with corona than your present symptoms. Imagine if every patient that needs to see doctor at the clinic go for test, people that really needs testing won't get it.
No clinic for now. Stay at home pls.
Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Ekejoestar(m): 2:13pm On Mar 23, 2020
southniyikaye:
why do you need an ENT? IF IT'S for ear treatment, let me know asap bro
yes, actualy its not just ordinary treatment but it for a surgical procedure, are u into it?
Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Sheenor: 2:16pm On Mar 23, 2020
Am I scared? Naaah! lipsrsealed

Damn it! I think I'm cry, but calm tho cool cool
Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by donrexhibites(m): 2:23pm On Mar 23, 2020
People like you are Making our jobs as Doctors and Nurses more difficult. Less than 5 countries in the world will let you get a walk in test for covid 19. It is not done on request unless you show symptoms and other diseases have been ruled out.
Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by uptimum123(m): 2:26pm On Mar 23, 2020
Adex2442:

That's not true. So many people have tested positive without symptoms. If they tests everyone In lag, confirmed cases Will be more than a thousand.

How then will they test everyone is Lagos,even China with much of test kits did not text everyone
Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 23, 2020
Ekejoestar:

yes, actualy its not just ordinary treatment but it for a surgical procedure, are u into it?
does the operation involve the ear alone?
Got ear problems some weeks ago that needs to be operated on if that's your story bro lemme know
Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by uptimum123(m): 2:29pm On Mar 23, 2020
Wolgrace:

This type of post is like a robot programmed to follow the proceedure in a lawless path.

A lady was shot by robbers at the odd hours of the night, rushed to the hospital, and needed blood transfusion at near death but rejected because no police report presented, she died due to time wasted. What can you say about this with your robotic reasoning in a lawless nation?

Please read what I wrote and what you wrote again,how is this the same with what I said...smh
Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Adex2442: 2:29pm On Mar 23, 2020
uptimum123:

How then will they test everyone is Lagos,even China with much of test kits did not text everyone

Anyone who has the courage to walk upto a testing center is supposed to be tested

Must he show symptoms and then must have shared the virus for free around before he can be tested??
Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by kingthreat(m): 2:31pm On Mar 23, 2020
madridsta007:

It is clear that Nigeria's efficient handling of the Ebola Virus Disease was simpy because of the clear, centralised and competent leadership that GEJ provided at that time. We can disagree and pretend to ourselves that this isnt true, but the facts stares at us in the face.

Without such a leadership now, anything going on will be uncordinated, scatter gun or, in some cases, non existent.
It is clear that MBuhari is physically, intellectually, medically incapable of providing such as leadership. Why cant he (or Abba Kyari) empower the Vice President Osinbajo to provide such leadership? If they really care about the people or the country?
This is what Nigerians should have been calling for. Not for the incoherent Buhari (who should be resting and self-isolating) to give a 23 second TV broadcast about kovik 1-9.

This is what Nigerians should be on social media calling for.

Stop being a blockhead. The contagion in Covid-19 and Ebola is not the same. Even Liberia could control it. How much more Nigeria?
Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by chukel(m): 2:31pm On Mar 23, 2020
OhiOfIhima:

I am telling you... Last two weeks, a brother of my flatmate got trapped by Machine he worked wit in a textile company at Ikorodu around 5:30am, instantly two of his fingers got crushed, a hospital in Ikorodu delayed dis man to 3pm b4 they were told to moving him to Lasuth. All they could do at his formal hospital was to dress d wound n bandage it.. Inside d hold up, they end up at Lasuth by 5:30pm.. I joined them at Lasuth ( Surgical Emergency), while at d place, it took us till after 11pm b4 doctor accepted to open the wound because we were running hecter-skecter, to conduct different kind of tests n x-ray, after the whole thing, we were told d tin affect him down to almost his elbow n they have to cut it off, which his family are still contemplate of... I can't believe a place called surgical emergency can place person on such a long procedure b4 one can get his/her ward treated. The long stay at Lasuth n d delay we experienced at d first hospital has caused us a full blow. May God help us.
the way you guys express your ignorance is baffling. You will blame everyone except yourself. What magic were you expecting at the surgical emergency in lasuth. What you know nothing about, stop contributing to it. An xray of that hand must be done to know the extent of the injury before any surgical intervention. That will even determine what intervention to institute. Blood work up must be done. In some centers D-dimer must be done. These will assist in the proper intervention to do. But you will ignorantly come out to say rubbish. Now with the results you got, they have told you he will need amputation up to the elbow according to you. But u have chosen to "contemplate", thereby killing time. By the time you are ready, necrosis may have gone up to the shoulder joint. Then you will come back here to blame lasuth again. Or you foolishly resort to herbalist. By the time they are critically done with him, you will come back to lasuth with almost a corpse at the point it will be too late. You will start whinning how doctors killed him. He had the accident at 5:30am, u conveniently failed to tell us when you took him to the hospital in ikorodu. Rushed to tell us they delayed till 3pm. They only did dressing. That is first aid. If they don't have an orthopedic surgeon, then they did exactly what they should have done. I know for sure they won't keep him. They would refer him to a centre like lasuth. And you here spilling lies.
Re: My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 23, 2020
Shindosky2:

W.H.O predicts about 45million deaths in Nigeria if we handle this corona virus case like Italy, just the way we are are doing at the moment, this is from a reliable source, you'll never find it anywhere online, and note that the Government is not telling the truth about the virus to avoid panic, please the virus is real

Hop you know that WHO said you and your family generation be among the 45 million that will die and my family ain't there...

Rubbish people.. Say another negative news again and I will direct them to ur family

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Do People Still Smoke After Seeing This? / Five Daily Habits That Can Damage Your Liver. / Gas Explosion In Ajao Estate, Lagos (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.