Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,826 members, 7,817,411 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Anambra 2021: APGA Distances Party From Soludo, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra 2021: APGA Distances Party From Soludo, Others (645 Views)

Soludo's Son, Ozonna Disassociates Himself From Soludo's Letter To Peter Obi / Results Of 2021 APGA Governorship Primaries / Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra 2021: APGA Distances Party From Soludo, Others by Ctorch: 6:59pm On Mar 23, 2020
The All Progressive Grand Alliance has said a former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Prof. Charles Soludo, has not informed the party of his reported intention to vie for the governorship of Anambra State in 2021.

The Anambra State Chairman of APGA, Mr Nobert Obi, said this during a stakeholders’ meeting of the party at Nri in the Anaocha Local Government Area of the state.

He said as of the time he was addressing the stakeholders nobody had informed the party of Soludo’s  aspiration to contest the 2021 election.

The former CBN governor and an Onitsha-based estate surveyor and valuer/lawyer, Damian Okolo (both from the Southern senatorial zone of the state) are among those said to be nursing the 2021 governorship ambition.

Speaking at the stakeholders meeting, the APGA chairman, said party leaders only heard about the aspirations of these individuals in the media.

He said, “No single person has visited the party office to announce his or her governorship aspiration.

“People of substance are joining APGA in large numbers and it is a welcome development. We have heard of so many of them wanting to contest for governor in 2021, but nobody has told us he is contesting for anything.

“As far as APGA is concerned, they are on their own for now. Until such people come to the party secretariat to inform us of their aspiration, we do not know who is going to contest what.”

He said the leadership of APGA was at Justice Peter Umeadi’s Nri home to celebrate his one year of joining APGA, and not that the ex-Chief Judge had expressed interest in contesting any elective office.

Umeadi, who hosted over 800 women from the 326 political wards in the state, said he would vie for a public office, but did not state the office he was eyeing.

Umeadi said “One year ago, I joined APGA. After one year of being a member of the party, I feel I should begin to build my political structure and that is why I invited women from all the 179 autonomous communities in the state to introduce myself to them as a starting point.

“I joined the party just as an individual who did not have any political structure and I know that for me to realise my political ambition, I need to build a formidable structure.”

https://punchng.com/anambra-2021-apga-distances-party-from-soludo-others/?fbclid=IwAR3hMCwWwSZo6fGvqOzw8NnVC9KqRqAoCGIVw9GmeG-P5B8wCY8qizYo_uE
Re: Anambra 2021: APGA Distances Party From Soludo, Others by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 23, 2020
I can't believe or I find it Difficult to believe that soludo has become this Jobless.

Someone who presides over CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA for over 5 years, whatelse is he looking for in Anambra state coffers.

Apga projecting soludo is a bad and devilish idea and simply balls down to humans are insatiable.

Soludo by now should be looking towards world Bank, IMF and strong organisation like Iweala is doing but I don't understand what someone of his status is looking for petty politics if not to steal.

Soludo as Apga candidate is no different from Andy ubah or any devourer coz both are same crook of old.

Let the younger generation lead while soludo profers Advice where necessary .

More like 1999 thieves and their gangs returning.

Chineke Ekwena

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2021: APGA Distances Party From Soludo, Others by Sunofgod(m): 7:00pm On Mar 23, 2020

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2021: APGA Distances Party From Soludo, Others by AsomughaChuks02: 7:02pm On Mar 23, 2020
INEC has not blown the whistle yet. What's all the fuss about?
Re: Anambra 2021: APGA Distances Party From Soludo, Others by SadiqBabaSani: 7:04pm On Mar 23, 2020
Soludo will be a win fr Anambra but Anambra people knows better dan outsiders
Re: Anambra 2021: APGA Distances Party From Soludo, Others by Humphrizy(m): 7:23pm On Mar 23, 2020
Fingers crossed.... Chukwu Biko Nye anyi onye nduu...anyi achoghi onye ochichi.

Anambra steeti bu Obodo oma

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra 2021: APGA Distances Party From Soludo, Others by festacman(m): 7:38pm On Mar 23, 2020
Soludo Solution! It's time to unleash.
Grey matter over tall red cap.
Grey matter over grey hairs.
Grey matter over big tummy.
Grey matter over freshness.
Grey matter over elite thuggery.

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2021: APGA Distances Party From Soludo, Others by voltron14: 7:38pm On Mar 23, 2020
MelesZenawi:
I can't believe or I find it Difficult to believe that soludo has become this Jobless.

Someone who presides over CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA for over 5 years, whatelse is he looking for in Anambra state coffers.

Apga projecting soludo is a bad and devilish idea and simply balls down to humans are insatiable.

Soludo by now should be looking towards world Bank, IMF and strong organisation like Iweala is doing but I don't understand what someone of his status is looking for petty politics if not to steal.

Soludo as Apga candidate is no different from Andy ubah or any devourer coz both are same crook of old.

Chineke Ekwena

So a man can no longer harbour the ambition to lead his people because he is over qualified?

I've always said it that you are working the script of your paymasters.

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2021: APGA Distances Party From Soludo, Others by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 23, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Chineke Ekwena

Soludo worked for years as world bank, Paris club and ing senior consultant for years when he was a lecturer before he was made economic adviser.

I would have preferred a man of his calibre immediately after obi but then again, once u enter Nigerian politics, your hand is soiled already.

That guy is one lucky chap. Thanks to Mrs Azikiwe.

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2021: APGA Distances Party From Soludo, Others by HacheNoire1: 3:49am On Mar 24, 2020
[s]
voltron14:

So a man can no longer harbour the ambition to lead his people because he is over qualified?

I've always said it that you are working the script of your paymasters.
[/s]

(1) (Reply)

The Best Governors In Nigeria Poll / Are There 2 Separate Nnamdi Kanu Existing? / Dino Melaye Sues Speaker, House Of Reps Over New NCDC Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.