Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,825 members, 7,813,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri (28790 Views)

Fact Check: Did Obi Request 7 Weeks From Tribunal To Produce Witnesses? / Atiku,PDP Withdraw Suit From Tribunal On Permission To Inspect Election Materia / INEC Reacts To Tribunal Ruling On Diri's Sack,says ANDP Candidate Was Ineligible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by AAA593: 8:49pm On Aug 20, 2020
Yenagoa- The Advanced Nigeria Democratic Party (ANDP) in Bayelsa State, on Thursday, washed its hand off the ongoing case on the alleged unlawful exclusion of the party’s candidate from the November 16, 2019 governorship election.

Pastor Sapere-Obi Endukakpo, the state secretary of the ANDP, said during a press conference at the Nigeria Union of Journalists Press Centre in Yenagoa on Thursday that the party was never a party to the petition filed before the tribunal.

Endukakpo, who was flanked by the state Publicity Secretary, Charles Krotezi, and the party’s National Publicity Secretary, Fortune Oyadongha, said the ANDP had unanimously adopted Diri during the run-up to the poll.

He said the ANDP could not, therefore, have dragged the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) before the tribunal to complain about the alleged unlawful exclusion of the party’s candidate from the election.

Endukakpo said, “As at the time of the said elections, the party was still in its formative stage and yet to create structures necessary to run a successful campaign.

“Consequently, the party at the state level, in consultation with the National Executive, in its wisdom, opted to endorse the candidate whose vision and manifesto best mirrored the aspirations of the ANDP for a greater Bayelsa State.

“In that consideration, we met and agreed to support the candidature of His Excellency, Senator Douye Diri, of the Peoples Democratic Party.”

He recalled that the ANDP officially communicated its intentions to Diri in a letter dated November 4, 2019 and also published same in some national dailies, stressing that the judgment of the election petition tribunal sacking the governor “came to us as a rude shock.”

Endukakpo further said,”For clarity and emphasis, the ANDP did not conduct primaries, neither did we agree on a consensus candidate simply because the elections came too soon for the party to put structures required in place.

“Therefore, the party, having previously adopted Senator Diri, could not have gone to the tribunal to complain of unlawful exclusion.”

He also stated that the purported candidate of the ANDP is unknown to the party “as he is not a card-carrying member”, challenging him to produce his membership card “if he maintains this charade.

https://www.independent.ng/bayelsa-andp-distances-party-from-tribunal-case-sacking-diri/

8 Likes

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by SmartProf(m): 8:52pm On Aug 20, 2020
Look at this confused party. Its like you have decided to use your party to cash out from both the PDP and APC whenever they need to use you, now u are talking about distancing yourself. If you like you can upgrade to social distancing, but the court of appeal or supreme court will embarrass all your schemings and those of your new underground sponsors.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by Hoelujohn: 8:53pm On Aug 20, 2020
. The power of sharing money. PDP has agreed to give them 2 commissioners slot 4 ssa and 100 million naira

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by WATCHOVER(m): 8:54pm On Aug 20, 2020
Very sad news for APC as their plans continues to fail

104 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by AAA593: 8:55pm On Aug 20, 2020
I knew something went wrong with andp. Dem go sponsor fake andp go tribunal grin grin grin grin[left][/left
Fergie001

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by AAA593: 8:56pm On Aug 20, 2020
I knew it. Fergie001 where are you? grin grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by Babzrockman: 8:57pm On Aug 20, 2020
Either alert or brown envelope one must have been served... Useless people everywhere..
I know the judgement will not have serious effects

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by AAA593: 8:58pm On Aug 20, 2020
Babzrockman:
Either alert or brown envelope one must have been served... Useless people everywhere..
I know the judgement will not have serious effects
Na lie. Imagine that kangaroo judgment

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by Austino50: 9:08pm On Aug 20, 2020
Its late now because the case has already been decided and you can not add or subtract at this level of appeal, even to the level of supreme court. Any bribe given to you is your own free share of the state resources it will not add any value to their so called appeal.

Don't forget that other parties who lost their case in the tribunal are also appalling their case

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by AAA593: 9:11pm On Aug 20, 2020
Austino50:
Its late now because the case has already been decided and you can not add or subtract at this level of appeal, even to the level of supreme court. Any bribe given to you is your own free share of the state resources it will not add any value to their so called appeal
Do you think that horrible judgment will stand? I laugh

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by Racoon(m): 9:14pm On Aug 20, 2020
So the party just woke up from its slumber.This is one of the reason why politics in Nigeria will remain a joke.Abeg let the law take its course

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by IamWonderful: 9:15pm On Aug 20, 2020
Diri have pass the money to them

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by AAA593: 9:16pm On Aug 20, 2020
Underaged was not just the reason inec excluded that party. No primary election, whether direct or indirect primary etc at the tribunal.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by Marine54(m): 9:18pm On Aug 20, 2020
WATCHOVER:
Very sad news for APC as their plans continues to fail
After all this !

33 Likes

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by fergie001: 9:21pm On Aug 20, 2020
AAA593:
I knew something went wrong with andp. Dem go sponsor fake andp go tribunal grin grin grin grin[left][/left
Fergie001
I knew it....
During cross-examination....the National Chairman of the Party was asked to produce the sheet for the Party's Primaries....he didn't have it.

Head-or-tail, its a no-case

28 Likes

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by IamWonderful: 9:22pm On Aug 20, 2020
AAA593:

Na lie. Imagine that kangaroo judgment
What are you saying? the ANDP party presented a candidate for the governorship election and they were excluded by the too know INEC, that want to do the work of the court of law for them, this current development only signifies that the some of the top party members have been bought by the crook governor

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by AAA593: 9:29pm On Aug 20, 2020
IamWonderful:
What are you saying? the ANDP party presented a candidate for the governorship election and they were excluded by the too know INEC, that want to do the work of the court of law for them, this current development only signifies that the some of the top party members have been bought by the crook governor
For your information andp didn't conduct primary. The chairman of the party is a suspect

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by AAA593: 9:31pm On Aug 20, 2020
fergie001:

I knew it....
During cross-examination....the National Chairman of the Party was asked to produce the sheet for the Party's Primaries....he didn't have it.

Head-or-tail, its a no-case
My brother, there were so many revelations about the party at the tribunal. The two judges....... granted prayers that were not there. Watch out for the appeal

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by AAA593: 9:38pm On Aug 20, 2020
Fergie001 did you know that majority of the judges did not evaluate evidence at their disposal before arriving at their verdict.

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by fergie001: 9:38pm On Aug 20, 2020
AAA593:

My brother, there were so many revelations about the party at the tribunal. The two judges....... granted prayers that were not there. Watch out for the appeal
I have read both judgements and still wondering why Justices Owodunni & Musa had considered this case.
Well, it is to shapen our jurisprudence.....but the Appeal will toss it out.

8 Likes

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by AAA593: 9:40pm On Aug 20, 2020
fergie001:

I have read both judgements and still wondering why Justices Owodunni & Musa had considered this case.
Well, it is to shapen our jurisprudence.....but the Appeal will toss it out.
Yes of course.
Also, the affidavit to INEC in support of Inowei’s personal particulars gave her date of birth as 26th November 1984. The implication is that she only attained the age of 35 on 26th November 2019—ten days after the election that was held on 16th November 2019. Therefore, even the woman whose name was sent to substitute an ineligible deputy governorship candidate was also ineligible!”

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by fergie001: 9:40pm On Aug 20, 2020
AAA593:
Fergie001 did you know that majority of the judges did not evaluate evidence at their disposal before arriving at their verdict.
At a point during cross-examination, Justice Sirajo had to ask the National Chairman if he was really a legal practitioner and had to caution their counsel, Ogunwumiju.

Well, this one have passed jareh....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by fergie001: 9:42pm On Aug 20, 2020
AAA593:

Yes of course.
Also, the affidavit to INEC in support of Inowei’s personal particulars gave her date of birth as 26th November 1984. The implication is that she only attained the age of 35 on 26th November 2019—ten days after the election that was held on 16th November 2019. Therefore, even the woman whose name was sent to substitute an ineligible deputy governorship candidate was also ineligible!”
You don't even know what's happening?

Peter Esinkuna filed an affidavit before the Court that he was born February 1985...but his waec certificate read October 1985.
Inowei now was below 35 years..I just don't understand.

The National Chairman filed a case agreeing it was a pre-election matter and their candidate was Esinkuna....his counsel said its Inowei Janet...the Chairman came back again and said it was Peter (or so).

Again, he didn't attach results of the election as evidence...he attached the SC judgement....that is funny you know.

My bro....leave this case and go to bed Biko...this one Don go. cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by AAA593: 9:43pm On Aug 20, 2020
fergie001:

At a point during cross-examination, Justice Sirajo had to ask the National Chairman if he was really a legal practitioner and had to caution their counsel, Ogunwumiju.

Well, this one have passed jareh....
If you see the way the national chairman goofed at AIT evening democracy show two days ago.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by AAA593: 9:48pm On Aug 20, 2020
fergie001:

Peter Esinkuna filed an affidavit before the Court that he was born February 1985...but his waec certificate read October 1985.

So many guys were saying inec should have accepted their forms here. Pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by fergie001: 9:48pm On Aug 20, 2020
AAA593:

If you see the way the national chairman goofed at AIT even democracy show two days ago.
I am not discussing this case because I have dumped it where I dumped Alaibe's own....na Edo legal fireworks we dey wait jareh.

AAA593:

So many guys were saying inec should have accepted their forms here. Pathetic.
No man knows it all....we learn everyday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by AAA593: 9:49pm On Aug 20, 2020
fergie001:

I am not discussing this case because I have dumped it where I dumped Alaibe's own....na Edo legal fireworks we dey wait jareh.
OK boss
Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by AAA593: 9:50pm On Aug 20, 2020
fergie001:

The National Chairman filed a case agreeing it was a pre-election matter and their candidate was Esinkuna....his counsel said its Inowei Janet...the Chairman came back again and said it was Peter (or so).

Again, he didn't attach results of the election as evidence...he attached the SC judgement....that is funny you know.

grin
Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by kahal29: 9:51pm On Aug 20, 2020
AAA593:

If you see the way the national chairman goofed at AIT evening democracy show two days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yJe1moe72U&t=1860s

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri by AAA593: 9:58pm On Aug 20, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: APC Has No Governorship Candidate In Akwa Ibom - INEC / Breaking!!! Jonathan And Abacha's Son In A Close-Door Meeting / Okupe: "Obasanjo Forgave Me And I Kissed Him"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.