Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,697 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

COVID-19: FG Closes All Land Borders, Suspends FEC Meetings Indefinitely - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: FG Closes All Land Borders, Suspends FEC Meetings Indefinitely (26636 Views)

FEC Meetings To Hold Every Monday / Bodejo: Fulani Owns All Land In Nigeria - Miyetti Allah Leader / EndSARS: Lagos Closes All Schools Indefinitely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: FG Closes All Land Borders, Suspends FEC Meetings Indefinitely by Mizwisdom(f): 8:02pm On Mar 23, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

So acts of denial = using brain to you. Isually when disputing stats peole who "use their brains" bring their own facts to counter the one they disagree with.

I thought you are aware of what's happening hence I didn't see the need to state what most aware people already know. As of today, Italy the so called second best in healthcare provision has recorded more than 5000 deaths and counting . This goes to show that their system is overwhelmed and in fact faulty too.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG Closes All Land Borders, Suspends FEC Meetings Indefinitely by slimjohn2k5: 8:02pm On Mar 23, 2020
Is it the same border they have closed before or another one
Re: COVID-19: FG Closes All Land Borders, Suspends FEC Meetings Indefinitely by seunmsg(m): 8:03pm On Mar 23, 2020
Plead:

You smoke weed?

Shutting down interstate land travel doesn’t make any sense.

So, if I’m infected and I enter an eighteen seater public bus from Abuja to Ekiti, what do you think will happen to the other passengers?

See, we have to take all the extreme measures now. I’m still in my 30’s so I may recover if infected. My dad on the other hand is over 60 with underlying issues. I cannot risk him getting the virus. We must shut down all states with reported cases now.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FG Closes All Land Borders, Suspends FEC Meetings Indefinitely by kingsleybrave(m): 8:03pm On Mar 23, 2020
Yenefer:
Taking action on the distant past is like closing the gate after the cattle have gone.
Let’s just focus on being positive, doing the right things for ourselves, our families, friends, and communities. Gee! I thought it was all Buhari's fault!! Guess not!! Everyone is capable of screwing things up!! Not Just one person!! Unless your Buhari & everything is his doing & fault!! Pretty sad ! Every administration has some things that could have been done better!! But they should be judged over time , even after they leave!! We don’t know what goes on behind the close doors !! Anyways they don't even know where the land borders are. Even right now planes are coming from US, UK, etc landing in the airports.. about the virus is Looking more like a coordinated effort with China with many people involved. Charles Lieber, college professor at Harvard arrested for ties with China. He was arrested for lying about his ties with China. Some sources are saying Corona virus and others aren’t. He’s an American chemist. There were 3 arrested. Kathleen Sturtz Eannottie Get on the Internet and Google it. All media sources are reporting it however I would suggest trusting the media source you believe in. Some of the media is spinning it differently.
You need help ASAP...

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG Closes All Land Borders, Suspends FEC Meetings Indefinitely by nooker: 8:09pm On Mar 23, 2020
Plead:

You smoke weed?

Shutting down interstate land travel doesn’t make any sense.

Reason am like this: since total lockdown would cause more harm than good, restrict interstate travel for at least 20 days ( since the virus takes two weeks to manifest) while the suspected and confirmed cases are isolated. That way, states who don't already have the virus can remain free
Re: COVID-19: FG Closes All Land Borders, Suspends FEC Meetings Indefinitely by tunary(m): 8:12pm On Mar 23, 2020
I support Biafra 100%, this country Nigeria is just an error. a very big mistake mtchewwwwwwwwwww
Re: COVID-19: FG Closes All Land Borders, Suspends FEC Meetings Indefinitely by Jaqenhghar: 8:12pm On Mar 23, 2020
Mizwisdom:

I thought you are aware of what's happening hence I didn't see the need to state what most aware people already know. As of today, Italy the so called second best in healthcare provision has recorded more than 5000 deaths and counting . This goes to show that their system is overwhelmed and in fact faulty too.

You have asked the question and given the answer all in your statement. The health system is good but overwhelmed. This is a crisis, a pandemic we are talking about not regular or everyday illnesses. Even the best health systems must bow under such pressure. It's not that it is not good. The situation is unusual.. something people dont imagine. That is why they are advising people to stay put as an added measure.
Re: COVID-19: FG Closes All Land Borders, Suspends FEC Meetings Indefinitely by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 23, 2020
grossintel:
They keep sneaking people in, story! People still returned from UK even as of today. Na una go die first no be us.

Bubu led the way leaving our borders open until his daughter was safely home
Re: COVID-19: FG Closes All Land Borders, Suspends FEC Meetings Indefinitely by Izigha(m): 8:27pm On Mar 23, 2020
nooker:
Abeg make una no vex o. What exactly do they mean when they say civil servants should work from home? undecided
kkkkkk, I am also thinking what work can a Nigeria civil servant do from home? I have an uncle who is an inspector in an agricultural ministry, am just trying to picture how he is going to work from home. Another homeboy is a driver with a state government, he wake up and drive around his house??
Re: COVID-19: FG Closes All Land Borders, Suspends FEC Meetings Indefinitely by wman(m): 8:29pm On Mar 23, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Nice move
But wait o
Which border again?
Border when them don first close
Am confused ( I nor too drag weed today before o)

Anyway sha
Everybody should calm down
This virus nor too dey deadly the way when people dey reason am

Even if you get the virus you can still survive it without any treatment
Na only if you first dey sick before like heart problem na im the thing go affect you wella

You can get permanent lung damage even if you recover. Some people had 20% of their lungs damaged.
Re: COVID-19: FG Closes All Land Borders, Suspends FEC Meetings Indefinitely by sizer07: 8:44pm On Mar 23, 2020
One by one dem don de run, FEC meeting postponed until further notice . Baba bubu Of covik----- one----- NINe and co have taking to there hills.pls de shd stay n preside over wether to closed border or not, allowing the importation of the virus into the country. Bunch of rag tags called govt.Dan buroba shege nama

Re: COVID-19: FG Closes All Land Borders, Suspends FEC Meetings Indefinitely by golddare: 8:46pm On Mar 23, 2020
fergie001:
https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-fg-closes-all-land-borders-suspends-fec-meetings-indefinitely

Why suspending such a meeting at this critical time when you can Skype etc. The government needs all good heads.
Re: COVID-19: FG Closes All Land Borders, Suspends FEC Meetings Indefinitely by SULAIMANRAMON(m): 8:50pm On Mar 23, 2020
HOPE THAT WILL NOT AFFECT OUR SALARY BC SALARY IS ANOTHER VIRUS WHICH CAN AFFECT ALMOST EVERYONE
Re: COVID-19: FG Closes All Land Borders, Suspends FEC Meetings Indefinitely by Origin(f): 8:51pm On Mar 23, 2020
This is when FEC meeting should be more regular.

You should be getting daily update on the economy and your citizen's health.

Na only una self una like.
Re: COVID-19: FG Closes All Land Borders, Suspends FEC Meetings Indefinitely by Cashewman: 9:01pm On Mar 23, 2020
kayusely70:
Long Overdue!
Re: COVID-19: FG Closes All Land Borders, Suspends FEC Meetings Indefinitely by Ruthchy(f): 9:05pm On Mar 23, 2020
The country is Bleep up , why did he close the borders since
Re: COVID-19: FG Closes All Land Borders, Suspends FEC Meetings Indefinitely by lastempero: 9:10pm On Mar 23, 2020
Best time to revolt in Nigeria.
Re: COVID-19: FG Closes All Land Borders, Suspends FEC Meetings Indefinitely by Job2004: 9:22pm On Mar 23, 2020
Does it include our seasports too
Re: COVID-19: FG Closes All Land Borders, Suspends FEC Meetings Indefinitely by Ghostmode2two(m): 9:26pm On Mar 23, 2020
Mad Cow Disease
Re: COVID-19: FG Closes All Land Borders, Suspends FEC Meetings Indefinitely by ayosamtunde(m): 9:41pm On Mar 23, 2020
This corona virus is no respecter of status,colour or race.if not that this dreadful virus is affecting the whole world,by now Atiku's son that tested positive to it would have been flown abroad immediatly for proper medical treatment.but now all of us are now locked inside this hole called nigeria, at least for now
Re: COVID-19: FG Closes All Land Borders, Suspends FEC Meetings Indefinitely by galadima77(m): 10:06pm On Mar 23, 2020
seunmsg:
They should also cancel all local flight and interstate land travel. We must prevent infected people from spreading it across the country. Let’s limit it to only states that have reported cases.

In addition, this is the time to shut down the FCT. All federal ministries, departments and agencies plus all private organizations should be closed for at least 14 days. Only organizations rendering essential services should be left opened. This is the time to take all the extreme measures. We cannot afford to allow things get out of hand like Italy before shutting down everywhere.

These measures should have been 2 weeks ago and the next time is now. People in authority underestimate global pandemic especially in Nigeria.
Re: COVID-19: FG Closes All Land Borders, Suspends FEC Meetings Indefinitely by Nobody: 10:24pm On Mar 23, 2020
galadima77:

These measures should have been 2 weeks ago and the next time is now. People in authority underestimate global pandemic especially in Nigeria.

Bleep the FG. They allowed all their children and friends to flee into Nigeria from the west bringing covid 19 with them.

They left the border open long enough for Buhari Atiku etc to come in. Our political elite have raised the curve all by themselves. If Buhari is not careful, he will be one of the first to go. Yardua all over again
Re: COVID-19: FG Closes All Land Borders, Suspends FEC Meetings Indefinitely by Sunxhub: 10:27pm On Mar 23, 2020
haleymoon:
Anyway I was expecting to hear the total closure of borders both land and otherwise including the female border, that is border of cum.
Good thing they have decided decided to be more stringent in effecting the closure of these risk factors to clamp down the already rising numbers but I bet you that there are more people who have been exposed unbeknownst to them... Well they are all walking dead. The number keep on rising daily, this has been as a result of people whose symptoms strongly started manifesting because they have been exposed.
Bros e be like say na Chinese work you dey do.
Haha
Re: COVID-19: FG Closes All Land Borders, Suspends FEC Meetings Indefinitely by Upworkwriter007(f): 10:38pm On Mar 23, 2020
Mizwisdom:

When will Blacks have self esteem? see this one giving doctored statistics , so if Italians are so good why are so many deaths being recorded? our brain is to be used, try use yours more. All evidence shows these people are not as efficient as they would have you believe.

When will blacks be realistic? Do you know that what Is called a patient to doctor ratio..ever heard of that? Irrespective of the facilities you have...if the patient to doctor ratio becomes unprecedentedly high, there's nothing the health care system can do.... I wish I can school u on a lot of things, but you may not be able to comprehend it.....Let me just give you an example...if one doctor treats five patients a day, in an environment with top-notch medical equipment, then all of a sudden, there's an epidemic and the number of patients jumps to 75 per day, what happens? Can u understand that? in the end, no nation can sustain a sudden jump in cases.....china survived by building makeshift hospitals that can house over a thousand.. they did that in days......
I just hope u understand.
Re: COVID-19: FG Closes All Land Borders, Suspends FEC Meetings Indefinitely by Ken4agent(m): 10:53pm On Mar 23, 2020
Inter state border should be closed down till further notice.....prevention is d only way out for 9ja oh......our health care no dey redy for remedy oh.....Doctor sef go japa b4 im here coro grin grin
Re: COVID-19: FG Closes All Land Borders, Suspends FEC Meetings Indefinitely by Welfed(m): 12:08am On Mar 24, 2020
Buhari will be like I for done lose this election last year this thing has gotten out of hands.
Re: COVID-19: FG Closes All Land Borders, Suspends FEC Meetings Indefinitely by enemyofprogress: 12:16am On Mar 24, 2020
Government don partially close shop
Re: COVID-19: FG Closes All Land Borders, Suspends FEC Meetings Indefinitely by enemyofprogress: 12:17am On Mar 24, 2020
Welfed:
Buhari will be like I for done lose this election last year this thing has gotten out of hands.
na God catch am . Make i see how him go travel out for him medical annual ritual

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

GEJ Sacks NSA Azazi, & Defence Minister Bello Haliru / "This Is The Govt I Fought For"Released Blogger Abubakar Sidik Voices Out.Photos / Nigerians Hate Fulanis Because Of Buhari And El-Rufai - Kish Adamu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.