Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? - Pets (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? (68333 Views)

My Experience To The Question Do Dogs See Spirits? / Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? / Wait Sef! Do Dogs Really See Spirits.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by Reference(m): 7:48pm On Apr 14, 2020
If it can be seen then how is it a spirit. Dogs cannot see spirits. Like some animals they have a much larger iris and have a superior dikation capability enabling their eyes to absorb more light and see better at night. Their sense of smell is also superior.

However what often puts them on edge is their sense of hearing.They can hear at frequencies outside the human hearing range. Noises caused by a variety of things we cannot hear and this disturbs them. They are not seeing things but hearing things.

1 Like

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by cardoso514: 7:49pm On Apr 14, 2020
Yes,dogs see spirits that we can't see.
That's why theory are better guards
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by Gwagone: 7:50pm On Apr 14, 2020
Roon9:

Before you know boom
I am telling you
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by codemaniacs: 7:50pm On Apr 14, 2020
zz
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by juman(m): 7:51pm On Apr 14, 2020
I believe dog see what human dont see.

The earth is for human and jinn.

“And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me”.
Quran (51:56)
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by codedlinks: 7:52pm On Apr 14, 2020
I will not want to rule out the possibility of them seeing spirits and the like...but scientifically proven dogs can hear at frequency that humans can't...google dog whistles...their eyes are also more effective at night...so they can see better than you...

Whatever is it that is disturbing the peace of that dog...might be totally physical...only you can't see or hear it.
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by 1stola: 7:53pm On Apr 14, 2020
Franking:
Funny question. Witches and spirits don't exist. If u think they do then prove it.
It's not everything that can be proven. Science even knows this...
Use your head!
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by Blakjewelry(m): 7:54pm On Apr 14, 2020
Daum:
While staying indoors because of Covid 19, my mind flashed back to my visit to a Village about 10 years ago.

One night, we were outside as always and there was no moonlight so everywhere was dark just some few local lamp on. We were seated outside with a man in his 70s and he was telling us some stories.

There was this local dog opposite us just lying down. After a while she started barking. At first we thought she was just disturbing but the dog stood up and was barking continuously facing a particular direction. What caught my interest was how she walked towards that direction and stood there barking.

Later she stopped but she lied down there. Less than 10 minutes again she stood up like she heard something and started backing again, this time we were concerned, we pointed our torch light at the direction but we couldn't see anything, it was then the old man told us to relax, that the dog knows why it is barking. She probably had seen an evil spirit or witch and as long as she keeps barking, the spirit can't come close.

Has anyone had a similar experience before?
Nope rather dogs have special sense of smell and detect smell from far distant. So it simply trying to protect it territory from any invaders
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by ioreth69(f): 7:56pm On Apr 14, 2020
[quote author=Sabby1 post=87703430][/quote] grin grin grin,

1 Like

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by SenecaTheYonger: 7:56pm On Apr 14, 2020
IamAnderson:

dogs bark at things in the house but they are more relaxed there because outside is there territory and that is what they are protecting.
when dogs are inside they still bark at strange things,my dog does that a lot

Strange things like what?
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by CodeTemplar: 7:57pm On Apr 14, 2020
I believe they do.
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by SSam01: 7:58pm On Apr 14, 2020
ebenezer95:
Sure every dog can see they know everything about you that is why it hard to make it with dogs cos they can see if anything good is coming on ur way they can easly block them and every dogs are theifs either that is why the white said never trust a dog

Who is this Ebenezer? Did you smoked dry shit?

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by jamessonaike: 7:59pm On Apr 14, 2020
IF U HAVE BEEN A PERSON WHO HAS TAKE CARE OF A DOG BEFORE U WILL KNOW IS A TRUE TALK,THAT DOG SEES SPIRIT ANS WITCHES AND THEIR FEEDBACK RESPONSE IS BARKING.
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by JubiOmeiza(m): 7:59pm On Apr 14, 2020
chatinent:
No one has become a dog before. How can anyone know?

Some ppl are actually dogs in human form oo
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 14, 2020
IamAnderson:

now let's analyse this story
I'm very sure you didn't witness this
another thing, it was probably a mongrel slncw it happened in a village several years ago

which kind of dog can pull out a six inch nail out of a tree
that is impossible even to the strongest dogs lmaoo not to talk of a village dog.

no dog can pull out a 6 inch nail from a tree no matter how it struggles, saying it was bleeding still doesn't make the story believable
ok
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by eneyoduke(m): 8:03pm On Apr 14, 2020
This kind of dogs look like Amotekun
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by diamondboa(m): 8:05pm On Apr 14, 2020
hakeem4:
First of all ghosts, spirits, demons, angels and all sort of supernatural stuffs don't exist! No single animal on earth evolved to see any nonsense such as ghost etc

back to the question asked by the OP. Dog cannot see anything that is not physical.

The eye are light receptors called cones and rods. Cones help us distinguish different colors, while rods help us see in dim light. ... Turns out, dogs have fewer cone receptors than humans — which means they can't see as many colors. Human cones can detect 3 colors: red, green, and blue.

Mr Hakeem sir. (Omode n Se yin sir ) you are talking as a child on thing of the spirit. Dogs see things sir. In the physical you may have your principles. But looking at it from spiritual world. Dogs see a lot sir.
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by SSam01: 8:07pm On Apr 14, 2020
The dog might not see literally but can sense negative energy. Its same like you having goose bumps and knowing there is a negative energy around you.

When you sense such you pray to wade it off thats same thing the dog does, it barks to wade off the negative energy.

Pure facts.
1. Light and darkness exist
2. Physical and spiritual exist.
3. Negative and positive
4. Angels and demons
5. Humans and spirits
6. Rich and poor
7. If you believe all of the above exist then why argue that witches dont exist?

Witches like to make people feel they domt exist so you cant stop them cos they thrive on people's ignorance they day you believe in their existence is the day you will defeat them

2 Likes

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by yeman1(m): 8:10pm On Apr 14, 2020
They do see spirit. D day I walked my dog so we got to a particular place ,, but the place was a cemetery around afternoon time,, my dog started Barking .. d next thing she refused to move forward then trying to remove chain from her neck.. she started Barking a particular direction but I didn't see anything...so I was somehow afraid maybe it a Bush meat , then I remove chain from her neck thinking my dog will go to that place to attack, she just turned and ran back home. My dog never scared anything before but this was the first time. So when I was laughing that this dog is crazy,, I met an old man on d road who asked me if it's my dog running back to d street? I said yes,, I now told him I don't know what she saw in that place.. d man said she saw spirit that she can't withstands.. I said spirit as how...he said maybe spirit is passing cos this area is cemetery .. Then I just double my speed home.. Then I now saw my dog waiting for me around our house cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by Geepee77(m): 8:10pm On Apr 14, 2020
My contribution to this argument is that, because things are not scientifically proven does not mean that they do not exist. They're things way above science. Argument about Supernatural will not and can never end because we have the REALIST and the IDEALIST.
The Realist believes in what they see.
The Idealist believes in things that are possible even if they didnt see it.

If you do not believe in the supernatural, then you don't believe in God. There are somethings you do not see but feel their presence.

In conclusion.... I don't believe dogs do see spirit because I've tried most of the myth when I was very young, putting dog eye wax on your eyes Blablabla grin
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:14pm On Apr 14, 2020
chatinent:
No one has become a dog before. How can anyone know?
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by Frankicent(m): 8:15pm On Apr 14, 2020
Daum:

I was even told then that if you use a dog urine to wash your face, you will see things like them

I feel like crying right now. I have been on this forum for over 6 years now and this is the first time my topic is making front page. I feel blessed today, I feel so happy. Even with the garri that I drank today, I feel like I have achieved a lot in this covid 19 period. The God that has done this for me, will see you through this period and you will come out strong and better after this covid period.

God bless you all.

You don't have S*NSE see as you dey happy like say buhari give you contract.
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by lomprico(m): 8:16pm On Apr 14, 2020
2special:
Seems true...l even heard that if you remove some particles from dogs eyes and put it in your eyes, you will see the evil spirits

good spirit nko? grin
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by xcelentattitude(m): 8:16pm On Apr 14, 2020
Daum:

I was even told then that if you use a dog urine to wash your face, you will see things like them

I feel like crying right now. I have been on this forum for over 6 years now and this is the first time my topic is making front page. I feel blessed today, I feel so happy. Even with the garri that I drank today, I feel like I have achieved a lot in this covid 19 period. The God that has done this for me, will see you through this period and you will come out strong and better after this covid period.

God bless you all.

shocked

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by yeman1(m): 8:17pm On Apr 14, 2020
Blakjewelry:

Nope rather dogs have special sense of smell and detect smell from far distant. So it simply trying to protect it territory from any invaders

So why my German shepherd ran away when I removed chain from her neck ?? Thinking she would attack what she was barking but ran back but I didn't see anything she was barking
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by Dagz007(m): 8:18pm On Apr 14, 2020
hakeem4:
First of all ghosts, spirits, demons, angels and all sort of supernatural stuffs don't exist! No single animal on earth evolved to see any nonsense such as ghost etc

back to the question asked by the OP. Dog cannot see anything that is not physical.

The eye are light receptors called cones and rods. Cones help us distinguish different colors, while rods help us see in dim light. ... Turns out, dogs have fewer cone receptors than humans — which means they can't see as many colors. Human cones can detect 3 colors: red, green, and blue.

Guy, just continue speaking English , cones receptor n all, my prayer for you is that May you not see what would make you believe
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by omonighoblessing(f): 8:19pm On Apr 14, 2020
2special:
Seems true...l even heard that if you remove some particles from dogs eyes and put it in your eyes, you will see the evil spirits
same here...
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by xcelentattitude(m): 8:20pm On Apr 14, 2020
Only a dog would know the answer to this grin

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by SSam01: 8:21pm On Apr 14, 2020
Frankicent:

You that is carrying a trailer load of common and uncommon sense still came to page 10 to comment. It means the guys joy knows no bound today... Is God not good?

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by intrepidJ: 8:26pm On Apr 14, 2020
Happened to me..Was at a friend's place.. at night.. chairs outside drinking...suddenly the compound dog faces one side of the wall and starts barking agitatively...Just barking at a wall.
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by Frankicent(m): 8:27pm On Apr 14, 2020
SSam01:

You that is carrying a trailer load of common and uncommon sense still came to page 10 to comment. It means the guys joy knows no bound today... Is God not good?

Talk R*bbi*h
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by Daum: 8:27pm On Apr 14, 2020
Frankicent:

Shift eeeeee

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

A Video Of Dogs 'Praying' Before Eating Goes Viral / Joachim Iroko In Court For Naming His Dog Buhari (Photos) / What Is This Life Turning Into!!!(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.