Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,477 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? - Pets (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? (68328 Views)

My Experience To The Question Do Dogs See Spirits? / Do Dogs Also Suffer Emotional Trauma? / Wait Sef! Do Dogs Really See Spirits.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by pmoye(m): 6:15pm On Apr 14, 2020
This is a very interesting question indeed, one that I have given extensive thoughts for some years now.

As a scientist I am not meant to believe in things that cannot be observed directly or indirectly. But as a scientist also I am trained never to doubt the existence or possibility of something just because it cannot be observed. I believe that with advancement in scientific innovation many of the things that we cannot yet 'see' shall become visible. A case in point is the existence of microorganisms which before the 17th century discovery of microscope by Antonie van Leeuwenhoek would have been a ridiculous concept for most people to believe. But now, we do not only 'see' erstwhile invisible microorganisms we can also clearly see subcellular dimensions even up to atomic resolution using spectroscopic and spectrometric techniques.

In the case of dogs, they do not see the full visible color spectrum as do humans. That is perhaps an indication that their sight overlaps with areas of the electromagnetic spectrum that human eyes cannot see. Let me quickly establish this: humans' retina (and ocular system) generally can only see photons whose amplitude and wavelength coincide with the tiny visible part of the electromagnetic spectrum while other parts ranging from the small-wavelength gamma rays to the large wavelength radiowaves can not be detected by the human eye. If then an entity (matter/wave) exists outside of the visible part of the spectrum, then human eye can not perceive it. This however does not mean that entity does not exist. Using the same example, the geometric dimension of unicellular organisms falls outside of the visible spectrum, so we don't see them unless we use aids (microscopes) to magnify them to the point that they can be seen. This also means that it is possible (not impossible) that other organisms (e.g. dog) can see outside of our own visible spectrum making the possibility that they see what to us is invisible, tenable. I firmly believe that at the very zenith of scientific development humans will be able to invent means of seen greater parts of the electromagnetic spectrum and then we might just be able to concretely see the existence of entities that religion and philosophy have labeled spirits.

Cheers.

Daum:
While staying indoors because of Covid 19, my mind flashed back to my visit to a Village about 10 years ago.

One night, we were outside as always and there was no moonlight so everywhere was dark just some few local lamp on. We were seated outside with a man in his 70s and he was telling us some stories.

There was this local dog opposite us just lying down. After a while she started barking. At first we thought she was just disturbing but the dog stood up and was barking continuously facing a particular direction. What caught my interest was how she walked towards that direction and stood there barking.

Later she stopped but she lied down there. Less than 10 minutes again she stood up like she heard something and started backing again, this time we were concerned, we pointed our torch light at the direction but we couldn't see anything, it was then the old man told us to relax, that the dog knows why it is barking. She probably had seen an evil spirit or witch and as long as she keeps barking, the spirit can't come close.

Has anyone had a similar experience before?

7 Likes

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by changedinchrist: 6:16pm On Apr 14, 2020
The sufficiency of scripture
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by MYHUBBY: 6:16pm On Apr 14, 2020
FGonline:
i don't take birthday celebratn noise serious at all.

many people have died because evil doers plan to deal with just one person.

may God have mercy on us

2 Likes

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by flokii: 6:18pm On Apr 14, 2020
IamAnderson:

the creator never made dog to be best friends to man or to be a security animal

men created all the different dog breeds we are seeing now from wolves and trained them to be what they are now.
and dogs where never used to ward of evil spirits by intelligent men, they were used to solves real problems and ward off real threats
same way Egyptians did with cats
there is no "divine" assignment attached to dogs, they are just like every other animal

It shows you are not exposed or you are an atheist.. the world we live in is more of spiritual than physical.

The watchmen and hunters of those days go hunting with herds of dogs for a reason which is security (from snakes, wild animals and enigmas).
Open your mind to your surroundings and you'd learn a lot
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 14, 2020
Reminds me of an event which took place in a village close to my town years back. This dog was busy battling with a six-inch nail which was almost covered by the bark of an old tree. The tree was close to the marketplace. This dog was busy removing the nail , barking same time , the whole of its mouth was filled with blood yet, it wouldn't give up. People gathered around to see what the dog was up to.

Barely 0ne hour after, the dog removed this long nail which had been embedded in the tree. Suddenly, a madman who had hit the market for over 20 years ran out of hiding in same market, asking people to help him out , that he was looking so dirty, asking what must have happened to him. He was mentioning everybody he knew back then before he ran mad, including his siblings, he was able to still identify some pepple around ny their names. He ran to his house and people took to their heels. He said he's normal that people shouldn't run away. In short, he became completely well.

His tangled, long hair was cut off, he was bathed by a group of herbalists. The man today is married with good-looking children. Hes still alive, doing furniture work in that town. He had built a house and his children are all graduates. We learnt someone must have made him mad and nailed the charm to the tree and vowed that , until thw nail was removed, he would never regain his sense.

Dogs see more than our physical eyes.

10 Likes

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 14, 2020
Franking:
Funny question. Witches and spirits don't exist. If u think they do then prove it.
funny you.
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by mamaafrik(m): 6:20pm On Apr 14, 2020
IamAnderson:

oh so you really believe an animal intelligent enough to see witches, spirits and angels and demons and whatever crap you guys have been talking about and recognise them shouldn't be intelligent enough to know not to run in front of a car or not to eat something that'll kill it or not to use that it's "sense" to know when someone wants to poison it?
most dogs will hurriedly eat poisoned food but you guys are here arguing that they can see the supernatural.
dogs can barely see colour in the physical not to talk of seeing any supernatural thing
mental Intelligence is different from spiritual one ,do professor dicern spiritual things,i pity your ignorance

1 Like

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by IamAnderson(m): 6:20pm On Apr 14, 2020
dogs don't see spirits, they are very sensitive to sound or smell.
none of you have told us about a dog that told you otherwise, none of you have washed your eyes with dog urine to see spirits like you are claiming people did.
I've still not seen any reasonable proof other than "the dogs were barking", dogs bark for a lot of reasons and saying your dog was barking means it was seeing spirit is delusional.

i wonder when Nigerians will understand that because an old person says something it doesn't mean it's correct or factual.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by stormborn28(m): 6:22pm On Apr 14, 2020
mofeoluwadassah:
Why dont we ask the dogs

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by proffemi: 6:22pm On Apr 14, 2020
pmoye:
This is a very interesting question indeed, one that I have given extensive thoughts for some years now.

As a scientist I am not meant to believe in things that cannot be observed directly or indirectly. But as a scientist also I am trained never to doubt the existence or possibility of something just because it cannot be observed. I believe that with advancement in scientific innovation many of the things that we cannot yet 'see' shall become visible. A case in point is the existence of microorganisms which before the 17th century discovery of microscope by Antonie van Leeuwenhoek would have been a ridiculous concept for most people to believe. But now, we do not only 'see' erstwhile invisible microorganisms we can also clearly see subcellular dimensions even up to atomic resolution using spectroscopic and spectrometric techniques.

In the case of dogs, they do not see the full visible color spectrum as do humans. That is perhaps an indication that their sight overlaps with areas of the electromagnetic spectrum that human eyes cannot see. Let me quickly establish this: humans' retina (and ocular system) generally can only see photons whose amplitude and wavelength coincide with the tiny visible part of the electromagnetic spectrum while other parts ranging from the small-wavelength gamma rays to the large wavelength radiowaves can not be detected by the human eye. If then an entity (matter/wave) exists outside of the visible part of the spectrum, then human eye can not perceive it. This however does not mean that entity does not exist. Using the same example, the geometric dimension of unicellular organisms falls outside of the visible spectrum, so we don't see them unless we use aids (microscopes) to magnify them to the point that they can be seen. This also means that it is possible (not impossible) that other organisms (e.g. dog) can see outside of our own visible spectrum making the possibility that they see what to us is invisible, tenable. I firmly believe that at the very zenith of scientific development humans will be able to invent means of seen greater parts of the electromagnetic spectrum and then we might just be able to concretely see the existence of entities that religion and philosophy have labeled spirits.

Cheers.

I like you. A true scientist should never say "never".

But there is another important applicable scientific precept: Occam's Razor. No need to look for an extraordinary explanation for something if a satisfactory simpler explanation exists. Unfortunately for the African in us, grin grin , there is a simpler explanation this time.

And to sort of echo you (as well as show that I do believe in extraordinary ideas): in time, we WILL indeed see more than we do now. I believe in the existence of extra dimensions (although not in the normal spirituo-metaphysical sense!).
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by Goddyj(m): 6:22pm On Apr 14, 2020
I don't know about dogs being able to see spirits. But I know that dogs are able to read the kind of person you are by just looking at your face.
I remember visiting an old friend in their family home sometime ago.
Immediately we entered the compound, my dog started barking and threatening my friend's younger brother.
Out of over nine people that were in that compound, the dog only focused on him. Even when he decided to leave the compound, the dog still followed him, barking.
It was later I was told that a house in the neighborhood was attacked by armed robbers few days ago.

I decided in my mind that this boy knows something about that robbery judging by the way the dog was 'treating' him.

To cut the story short, few weeks later the boy was arrested along side other boys as the people who carried out that robbery.
He and his gang admitted to have committed the crime!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by exynos(m): 6:22pm On Apr 14, 2020
It's very real guys!

There was one time in the midnight, i went outside to ease myself as i opened the door, I heard a dog snarling towards me! guys the dog was practically invisible. The dog began moving speedily towards my direction i could feel it but i didn't see any dog... I took off immediately...

Another scene was when i went out to ease my self around 1AM, i heard dog of the next house barking aggresively. It became intense, so i was suspecting maybe the dog has seen thieves. I decided to take a peek, guys i saw an image-like object as if they were pointing a bright torch on a wall. I looked more carefully the image started to levitate and it began moving towards one direction. I became so frightened, i had to stealthily move to my room
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by femmyapson(m): 6:22pm On Apr 14, 2020
hakeem4:
First of all ghosts, spirits, demons, angels and all sort of supernatural stuffs don't exist! No single animal on earth evolved to see any nonsense such as ghost etc

back to the question asked by the OP. Dog cannot see anything that is not physical.

The eye are light receptors called cones and rods. Cones help us distinguish different colors, while rods help us see in dim light. ... Turns out, dogs have fewer cone receptors than humans — which means they can't see as many colors. Human cones can detect 3 colors: red, green, and blue.
you said spirits doesn't exist and you are saying dog cannot see anything that is not physical...Bros since spirits doesn't exist according to you..what is anything that is not physical again....

I feel like sending a "Principality" to you tonight just to teach u a simple lesson that angels exist...But I won't do that...I don't want you to die yet.. will let a "throne" do d job..

3 Likes

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by IamAnderson(m): 6:24pm On Apr 14, 2020
flokii:

It shows you are not exposed or you are an atheist.. the world we live in is more of spiritual than physical.

The watchmen and hunters of those days go hunting with herds of dogs for a reason which is security (from snakes, wild animals and enigmas).
Open your mind to your surroundings and you'd learn a lot

did you read what I typed at all?
men created dogs by breeding wolves and other members of the canis species then trained them to hunt with them

how does that translate to the creator creating them to protect man?
you do realize that before dogs were domesticated they were wild animals that men had to fight off right?
there was never a divine pairing

1 Like

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by deleson: 6:24pm On Apr 14, 2020
I’m not quite definite on the spirituality or otherwise of dogs.

But one thing I know is that dogs have better auditory (hearing) capacity than humans.

Human hearing range is between 20Hz to 20kHz, while dogs can do lowers ranges to over 40kHz...Quite rusty with the figures now, though.

So, it could have been that the dog heard sound beyond human perception.

Daum:
While staying indoors because of Covid 19, my mind flashed back to my visit to a Village about 10 years ago.

One night, we were outside as always and there was no moonlight so everywhere was dark just some few local lamp on. We were seated outside with a man in his 70s and he was telling us some stories.

There was this local dog opposite us just lying down. After a while she started barking. At first we thought she was just disturbing but the dog stood up and was barking continuously facing a particular direction. What caught my interest was how she walked towards that direction and stood there barking.

Later she stopped but she lied down there. Less than 10 minutes again she stood up like she heard something and started backing again, this time we were concerned, we pointed our torch light at the direction but we couldn't see anything, it was then the old man told us to relax, that the dog knows why it is barking. She probably had seen an evil spirit or witch and as long as she keeps barking, the spirit can't come close.

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by hakeem4(m): 6:25pm On Apr 14, 2020
femmyapson:

you said spirits doesn't exist and you are saying dog cannot see anything that is not physical...Bros since spirits doesn't exist according to you..what is anything that is not physical again....

I feel like sending a Principality to tonight just to teach u a simple lesson that angels exist...But I won't do that...Will let a throne do the job so you will not die
well i would be available, so i would discuss with the spirit
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by IamAnderson(m): 6:26pm On Apr 14, 2020
femmyapson:

I feel like sending a Principality to tonight just to teach u a simple lesson that angels exist...But I won't do that...Will let a throne do the job so you will not die
why not send the principality to fight boko haram?
where were you when the country needed help to rescue the chobok girls?
why is it that your so called principality only works when you want to threaten someone to believe in your cause?

2 Likes

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by odigbosky(m): 6:27pm On Apr 14, 2020
Daum:

I was even told then that if you use a dog urine to wash your face, you will see things like them

I feel like crying right now. I have been on this forum for over 6 years now and this is the first time my topic is making front page. I feel blessed today, I feel so happy. Even with the garri that I drank today, I feel like I have achieved a lot in this covid 19 period. The God that has done this for me, will see you through this period and you will come out strong and better after this covid period.

God bless you all.

2 Shares

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by codemaniacs: 6:27pm On Apr 14, 2020
zz

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by Joshforeal: 6:28pm On Apr 14, 2020
TheGiftedOne:

Laugh wan burst my Belle.
grin grin grin
Wallahi e too funny. See the silly things we Africans carry for head like Gala seller for Lagos traffic.
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by DaddyGngeess(m): 6:28pm On Apr 14, 2020
hakeem4:
First of all ghosts, spirits, demons, angels and all sort of supernatural stuffs don't exist! No single animal on earth evolved to see any nonsense such as ghost etc

back to the question asked by the OP. Dog cannot see anything that is not physical.

The eye are light receptors called cones and rods. Cones help us distinguish different colors, while rods help us see in dim light. ... Turns out, dogs have fewer cone receptors than humans — which means they can't see as many colors. Human cones can detect 3 colors: red, green, and blue.

Demons exist, u can invite them self, if u don't believe then quote me I will teach u how to invite then, can u try it and see

1 Like

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Apr 14, 2020

6 Likes

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by SmartchildTutor: 6:28pm On Apr 14, 2020
Daum:

It's only a dog that can answer this your question oo.
Except there is someone here who has existed as a dog before.
Anyway, lemmie wait patiently. Who knows,
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by hakeem4(m): 6:29pm On Apr 14, 2020
DaddyGngeess:

Demons exist, u can invite them self, if u don't believe then quote me I will teach u how to invite then, can u try it and see
well i am interested in seeing one
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 14, 2020
I pity this generation they way things are going. It would get to a time when people would say, there's nothing like death. That it doesn't exist. They've been saying ghost doesn't exist before.

I remember when my friend was going to the farm one day and he saw a man whose legs were exactly like goat's and his waist upward looked like a normal human being. It was around 1pm. He greeted him but this man didnt respond, he greeted again but still kept quiet. He suddenly entered a thick forest until my friend didnt see him again. He ran back home panting. We were in ss3 that time.

2 Likes

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by femmyapson(m): 6:29pm On Apr 14, 2020
IamAnderson:

why not send the principality to fight boko haram?
where were you when the country needed help to rescue the chobok girls?
why is it that your so called principality only works when you want to threaten someone to believe in your cause?

ode..se I follow u talk?
or I sabi u?
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by horpigee1(m): 6:29pm On Apr 14, 2020
IamAnderson:
dogs don't see spirits, they have hyper sensitive ears and noses meaning they can hear and smell things that you don't realize are close by.
the dog was barking because it heard something not because it saw spirits.
yap it called 'ultrasonic sound'

ultrasonic sound is a sound that beyond human ear, human being cannot hear this sound but only dogs.
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by fredopareto(m): 6:30pm On Apr 14, 2020
changedinchrist:
send to me too. I_amrenewed@protonmail.com
OK..BT to him first..
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by Dasgoro: 6:30pm On Apr 14, 2020
Dogs can sense evil spirits, not good spirits... Like they cannot sense an angel, but a witch or marine spirit... Yes.

Reasons I do not like dogs, for the noise this brings mostly at nights when one is sleeping.
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by DaddyGngeess(m): 6:30pm On Apr 14, 2020
hakeem4:
well i am interested in seeing one

Dm me, I will teach u how to invite them
Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by SenecaTheYonger: 6:31pm On Apr 14, 2020
IamAnderson:

because that is the one they thought was strange or required attention.
my dog hears footsteps pass our street every night and he doesn't react but the moment one footstep comes close to the gate he starts barking like crazy

you being inside will not hear the footsteps but he can hear it better than you because of his sensitive ears.

imagine me sitting inside the house saying he's barking because he saw spirit, do you see how ridiculous it sounds now?

Dogs don’t bark inside the house because spirits cannot enter your house without permission.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Dogs See Spirits And Witches? by IamAnderson(m): 6:32pm On Apr 14, 2020
fairfora:
Reminds me of an event which took place in a village close to my town years back. This dog was busy battling with a six-inch nail which was almost covered by the bark of an old tree. The tree was close to the marketplace. This dog was busy removing the nail , barking same time , the whole of its mouth was filled with blood yet, it wouldn't give up. People gathered around to see what the dog was up to.

Barely 0ne hour after, the dog removed this long nail which had been embedded in the tree. Suddenly, a madman who had hit the market for over 20 years ran out of hiding in same market, asking people to help him out , that he was looking so dirty, asking what must have happened to him. He was mentioning everybody he knew back then before he ran mad, including his siblings, he was able to still identify some pepple around ny their names. He ran to his house and people took to their heels. He said he's normal that people shouldn't run away. In short, he became completely well.

His tangled, long hair was cut off, he was bathed by a group of herbalists. The man today is married with good-looking children. Hes still alive, doing furniture work in that town. He had built a house and his children are all graduates. We learnt someone must have made him mad and nailed the charm to the tree and vowed that , until thw nail was removed, he would never regain his sense.

Dogs see more than our physical eyes.
now let's analyse this story
I'm very sure you didn't witness this
another thing, it was probably a mongrel slncw it happened in a village several years ago

which kind of dog can pull out a six inch nail out of a tree
that is impossible even to the strongest dogs lmaoo not to talk of a village dog.

no dog can pull out a 6 inch nail from a tree no matter how it struggles, saying it was bleeding still doesn't make the story believable

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

A Video Of Dogs 'Praying' Before Eating Goes Viral / Joachim Iroko In Court For Naming His Dog Buhari (Photos) / What Is This Life Turning Into!!!(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.