Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,313 members, 7,836,358 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Reality Of Nigeria Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reality Of Nigeria Today (689 Views)

The Reality Of A Nigerian Soldier In The Corridor Of Terrorism (PHOTOS) / Deji Adeyanju: Atiku Has Nothing To Offer In The New Political Reality Of 2023 / Yoruba Muslims Are The Cause Of The Problems In Nigeria Today - Mark Emwanrioba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reality Of Nigeria Today by OnoriodeV14: 10:39pm On Mar 23, 2020
As Nigerians we see progress according to our own reality. The average Nigerian thinks because of the fact that a bunch of his/her friends use an Iphone or drive luxury cars, then the statement "Nigerians are very rich” is correct.

We are so poor as a country that the per capita income of Nigeria is $2,222- This means the average Nigerian earns  ₦799,920 yearly, not exaggerating but most people earn less. When you earn approx. 800k yearly, how much will you spend on Rent? Food? Transport? Medicals?

When I first came to Lagos, my friend showed me the sellers on the road and said "these guys are working very hard only to eat and give everything to their landlords" . Most Nigerians do not have disposable income ( this is money that a person has as left over after all of his required expenses have been paid)

When put in comparison, a person with disposable income will enjoy a better standard of living than the person without.

Qatar has the highest per capita income in the world -$69,688 which means the average Qatari earns roughly ₦25,087,680 yearly.

It is almost certain that people  without any disposable income believe that their ‘village people’ are always after them, so they run to religious houses seeking some form of Miracle or Financial breakthrough.

Have you ever wondered why there are no luxury brands like APPLE, GUCCI, FENDI, VERSACE, LOUIS VUITTON, MERCEDES-BENZ, DOLCE&GABBANA, HERMES in Nigeria? The answer is Simple, Nigerians cannot afford these brands, we are too poor to think of buying non essential items. Most of what we see is either fake or fairly used.

The Problem of Nigeria is an Economic problem and it will only get worse if we do not start asking the critical questions like how to double our GDP, Security, heathcare etc

1 Like

Re: Reality Of Nigeria Today by christiandating: 10:44pm On Mar 23, 2020
May God bless you for this post. Instead of fighting this common problem, tribe is what we think is our problem. hating other tribes like thats the solution to the problem.
Re: Reality Of Nigeria Today by Nobody: 7:39am On Mar 24, 2020
-
Re: Reality Of Nigeria Today by PDJT: 8:02am On Mar 24, 2020
Beachside:
Nigeria's mono oil economy generates only $45 billion dollars per year ,and that's not enough to achieve anything significant. Nigeria spends billions of dollars on Foreign companies instead of using Nigerian companies ,in order to lower cost and keep the money in the Nigerian economy.
Even so,You do not need oil revenue to build an organized society.
To boost its economy, Nigeria should ban 80 percent importation and only use Nigerian made products. Do not use what you don't produce or assemble. Wear made in Nigerian clothes ,use made in Nigeria soaps,shoes,computers,TV,etc.
I don't know about Nigeria,but If i was in charge, an ideal and autonomous Calabar should be 100% export and 10% import.
80 percent of products in Calabar should be made in Calabar.
50 percent of Construction in Calabar should be handled by Calabar construction Coporation .All clothes and shoes worn in Calabar should be made in Calabar. all foods consumed in Calabar should be produced in calabar /Cross river.
All school books must be written by Calabarian. etc etc.

-That piece of technology you used to type this rubbish was it made in Calabar or Cross River?
Re: Reality Of Nigeria Today by Nobody: 8:04am On Mar 24, 2020
-
Re: Reality Of Nigeria Today by helinues: 8:06am On Mar 24, 2020
₦799,920 per annum

How many people are earning above 50k in Nigeria? Even with that per annum is 600k.. Tax excluded
Re: Reality Of Nigeria Today by PDJT: 8:09am On Mar 24, 2020
-Most Nigerians absolutely have no chance in hell for a decent living.

-As a single person in Nigeria, if you don’t earn atleast 1,020,000 Naira (inclusive 300,000 per annum for rents) after Tax, the politicians are cheating on you.
Re: Reality Of Nigeria Today by PDJT: 8:14am On Mar 24, 2020
Beachside:
Phones and vehicles are easy to assemble. Calabarians in those fields can be helped to set it up and do their thing. Calabar will have numerous factories to employ 100s of thousands. Building Highrises are not a mystery. I'm a civil engineer ,and in my final year of urban& regional planning . There will be numerous high rises in Calabar by 2030. Building things is my passion and specialty, and that's what I will contribute to Calabar.

-Ok. So why aren’t you assembling the ones you use? Or are you just a fantasist?

-Oh right, you haven’t even left school but already dishing out authoritative orders on things you haven’t got a clue about.

-Don’t worry; real life will shock you. Someone is still feeding you.
Re: Reality Of Nigeria Today by Nobody: 8:15am On Mar 24, 2020
-

2 Likes

Re: Reality Of Nigeria Today by PDJT: 8:19am On Mar 24, 2020
Beachside:
You know nothing about me yet already had your mind made up .like most Nigerians ,you're ignorant. you think everyone on this forum must be Nigerian or living in Nigeria.

-My advice to you is to go and clean your room first before trying to save the world.

-In order words, grow up first.
Re: Reality Of Nigeria Today by Nobody: 8:20am On Mar 24, 2020
-

2 Likes

Re: Reality Of Nigeria Today by PDJT: 8:22am On Mar 24, 2020
Beachside:
You are a clown.

-And I was able to impregnate your mum. Ask her when you’re going to meet me.
Re: Reality Of Nigeria Today by Nobody: 8:27am On Mar 24, 2020
-

1 Like

Re: Reality Of Nigeria Today by PDJT: 8:45am On Mar 24, 2020
Beachside:
I advocate eugenics. I believe Monkeys like you and your family need to be killed

-If you have any interest in eugenics, read the book: “The Passing of the Great Race..”by Madison Grant. 1918 - the book Hitler called his Bible or the revised edition by the Perennial Classics of New York in 2001. Or better still study Mark H. Haller’s 1963 book: “Eugenics: Hereditarian Attitudes in American Thought.

-After your study, then quote me for a discussion, until then demand your mum take you to meet your biological dad, me. grin
Re: Reality Of Nigeria Today by PDJT: 10:04am On Mar 24, 2020
Beachside:
I advocate eugenics. I believe Monkeys like you and your family need to be killed
I do not have to read any book to be convinced that monkeys like you and your family need to be killed.

-Lol grin You’re just suffering from Psychosis.

-When are you meeting your real dad for the first time? kiss
Re: Reality Of Nigeria Today by Lipscomb(m): 10:15am On Mar 24, 2020
Are you white? Please answer this question.
Beachside:
You are a clown. you reason like the monkey you are.
Re: Reality Of Nigeria Today by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 24, 2020
-
Re: Reality Of Nigeria Today by Lipscomb(m): 10:40am On Mar 24, 2020
You called the guy monkey. Are you getting the same insult from your mom or your mom side family.
Beachside:
I'm mixed . My dad is Calabarian(Efik) and mom is Scottish(American). That guy is a clown and that's the only way to get to him. I realize being polite doesn't work with animals. The only way to survive on this forum is to be more vile and nastier

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: FG Identifies Lgs In 35 States To Benefit N20,000 To Poor Households / How do I delete this? PLEASE help / Patience Jonathan Forfeited Hotel Property Becomes Convid Isolation Cente-photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.