Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

How To Make Hand Sanitizer At Home? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Make Hand Sanitizer At Home? (749 Views)

How To Make Hand Sanitizer (recipe) / Coronavirus: Pharmacy Accused Of Selling A Bottle Of Hand Sanitizer For N19,950 / Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Hand Sanitizer At Home? by iykbethany(m): 6:07am On Mar 24, 2020
Please Who Knows How To Make Hand Sanitizer at home?
What chemicals do you need and how much do they cost?

I Want To Produce Hand Sanitizers In Large Quantity & Give To Poor Homes And Hospitals In My LGA.

If possible I will add liquid soap and tissue paper but let me start with hand Sanitizer first.
Re: How To Make Hand Sanitizer At Home? by neutralmind: 8:15am On Mar 24, 2020
iykbethany:

I Want To Produce Hand Sanitizers In Large Quantity & Give To Poor Homes And Hospitals In My LGA.

If possible I will add liquid soap and tissue paper but let me start with hand Sanitizer first.

Kindly call or send a message on WhatsApp:

Re: How To Make Hand Sanitizer At Home? by IlovePMB: 8:38am On Mar 24, 2020
iykbethany:

Get ethanol, glycerol and carbomer.

Ethanol (Acohol) is the active ingredient.

Glycerol acts as humectant(moisturizer) to prevent skin dryness.

Carbomer acts as thickener to make the product thick.

You can leave the carbomer. It is not very necessary.

Make a mixture of 80% ethanol and 20% humectant. If you don't have glycerol, you can use olive oil, coconut oil.

Alternatively, you can buy ogogoro (Kai Kai or sapele water) from the local sellers. Rub the ogogoro in your hands. The ogogoro or kaikai is still ethanol and kills the covid 19 virus. You can later apply vaseline on your hand as moisturiser. You can tell your villagers to do this and stay safe.
Re: How To Make Hand Sanitizer At Home? by Nyxx123: 2:30pm On Mar 24, 2020
iykbethany:

Copied

To all the wicked shop owners selling hand sanitisers for 3k,
Here is a recipe for all.

****MAKING HAND SANITIZER***
For those who may find it difficult to get Hand Sanitizers because of the cost, scarce or would like to make it in large quantities.
You can do it yourself locally at home for your Families, Friends and Co-Workers to use at the office.
———————-
Below is the World Health Organization’s standard recipe so you can do it if you can't buy or find
———————-
1. Get a 1.5L empty clean water bottle
2. Get 31.2mls of Hydrogen Peroxide and pour it into the bottle.
3. Add 22mls of the Glycerin in Rose Water into it.
4. Add 1.25L of the Methylated Spirit into it.
5. Finally, make the volume to the 1.5L mark of the bottle (i.e 203ml of the water)
5. Shake very well and label it as Hand Sanitizer and then you can dispense.

Now, you have your Hand-rub or Sanitizer to use.

Thanks and I hope it helps.

-Ever Present Help Ministries, Chicago, IL. USA
Re: How To Make Hand Sanitizer At Home? by FARA4GA: 2:37pm On Mar 24, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhMHYLV0dLk

Very funny video of a child explaining to his dad, the reason they were stopped from going to school because of the coronavirus pandemic.

(1) (Reply)

Medical Perspective: Nigerians And African Should Have No Fear Over Corona Virus / The Commissioner For Health Enugu State Prof Anthony Ugochukwu Has Died / 96 New Cases, 5 Deaths Today In SA (wednesday)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.