Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,034 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Mohammed Atiku Abubakar: Let's Know When To Play Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mohammed Atiku Abubakar: Let's Know When To Play Politics (512 Views)

Mohammed Atiku Shares COVID-19 Experience, Praises Health Workers / COVID-19; Mohammed Atiku-abubakar Will Reach 37days Incubation Period Tomorrow / Mohammed Atiku Abubakar Shares His Coronavirus Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mohammed Atiku Abubakar: Let's Know When To Play Politics by Fyzt: 8:30am On Mar 24, 2020
by Michael Odoh..

I woke up this morning to the news that one of the sons of Atiku Abubakar had tested positive to covid 19 virus. I immediately reached for my phone and reached out to one of his sons, who is my friend and who happens to be under a self imposed isolation having returned from Europe 5days ago. When I couldn't get to him, I called other mutual friends of ours who confirmed the rather sad news to me that Moh( as we call him) was the one that tested positive to the virus.

Myself, Jc Ogor and Okechukwu Ugwu were suppose to meet with Mohammed immediately he got back but he cancelled all meetings as he was advised to go under self isolation by health workers at the airport. I was surprise when I opened my twitter account to see known APC supporters accusing Mohammed of attending a party in Abuja, going out to social gatherings and refusing to self isolate. I started to ask around if Atiku has 2sons who answers Mohammed as the only one I know had gone on self isolation the same day he returned to the country.

We may have our differences with Atiku because of his political stand as a member of the opposition but young people who are heading the APC media handles and other proxy accounts should know that not all situations require a political outplay.

Mohammed only came back 5days ago, went into self isolation and cancelled all meetings. He was not at any club or gatherings. Atiku has many sons and any one of them could have been to the club. If we take political rivalry to become personal enemity, we will only be slowing our growth. APC will not be in power forever as tomorrow we might be called up to work for the PDP. In politics, we have no permanent friends but permanent interest. We should not use our grievances with the father because of politics to tarnish the image of the son who just want to live free like every other Nigerian.

Mohammed is going through alot not just because of the illness but the lies that has been circulating about him. Did we imagine the panic those at those event will be going through right now, those who will go into self medication.

As I have learnt, fake news kills more than the true state of event. We may want to score a cheap political goal but let's also consider the life of the young man whose image we are tarnishing.

I decided to speak out after my friend Okechukwu Ugwu called me and in his words, " Michael, history will not forgive us if we do not speak out against the lies going round about Mohammed ".

Politics no be fight, let love lead. Let politics not take away our conscience to differentiate between right and wrong.
Re: Mohammed Atiku Abubakar: Let's Know When To Play Politics by seunlayi(m): 8:42am On Mar 24, 2020
Wet should unite and fight this convid19

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Makinde Recovers, Tests Negative For Coronavirus Twice / Breaking: Nigeria’s Covid-19 Cases Hit 276 / Funke BIRTHDAY PARTY: Gov. Sanwo-Olu asked to grant Funke state pardon [VIDEO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.