Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,948 members, 7,956,576 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:27 PM

Reporting Fraudulent Pharmacies Selling A Pack Of 50 Pieces Nose Mask For #12500 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Reporting Fraudulent Pharmacies Selling A Pack Of 50 Pieces Nose Mask For #12500 (911 Views)

Lagos Government Shuts 16 Illegal Pharmacies / FCCPC To Arraign Supermarkets, Pharmacies For Inflating Prices Of Sanitisers / Coronavirus: Pharmacy Accused Of Selling A Bottle Of Hand Sanitizer For N19,950 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reporting Fraudulent Pharmacies Selling A Pack Of 50 Pieces Nose Mask For #12500 by Moneyboyz: 1:57pm On Mar 24, 2020
Looking at current state of things in Nigeria, with government and individual warnings plus the things we have seen with my own eyes, I decide to go to a pharmacy to get nose mask and hand sanitizers only to be informed a piece of nose mask sells for 300 naira and a pack is 12500, something that should not be more than 500 naira at most.

Ramsgate pharmacy Sango ota under bridge Ogun state And one Micosin (or whatever their names are) are taking advantage of the current epidemic to enrich their pockets.

I believe the government wants to keep us safe and we all wanna be safe but pharmacies and their unscrupulous business activities won't let us protect ourselves by inflating the price off necessary safety materials..

Please I want the appropriate authorities to do something about this.

2 Likes

Re: Reporting Fraudulent Pharmacies Selling A Pack Of 50 Pieces Nose Mask For #12500 by Period007(m): 2:01pm On Mar 24, 2020
You should have asked how much they bought it too (cost price)before selling at that price

1 Like

Re: Reporting Fraudulent Pharmacies Selling A Pack Of 50 Pieces Nose Mask For #12500 by Davash222(m): 2:01pm On Mar 24, 2020
Greedy Nigerians are using this pandemic to cash out same way Northern learders are using terrorism to cash out.
Re: Reporting Fraudulent Pharmacies Selling A Pack Of 50 Pieces Nose Mask For #12500 by Nobody: 2:34pm On Mar 24, 2020
Period007:
You should have asked how much they bought it too (cost price)before selling at that price
That's bullshitt!
Re: Reporting Fraudulent Pharmacies Selling A Pack Of 50 Pieces Nose Mask For #12500 by Doortun(m): 2:44pm On Mar 24, 2020
I know this isn't the best business practice, but business are meant to generate profit. There is really no law or penalty for fixing price on commodities.

It can be a criminal act if you are forced to buy it. Other than that if you can't afford it just move on.
Re: Reporting Fraudulent Pharmacies Selling A Pack Of 50 Pieces Nose Mask For #12500 by Period007(m): 2:59pm On Mar 24, 2020
grossintel:
That's bullshitt!
So they should selling below the cost price
Re: Reporting Fraudulent Pharmacies Selling A Pack Of 50 Pieces Nose Mask For #12500 by Adex2442: 3:06pm On Mar 24, 2020
How much is face mask supposed to cost?
Re: Reporting Fraudulent Pharmacies Selling A Pack Of 50 Pieces Nose Mask For #12500 by Jman06(m): 3:31pm On Mar 24, 2020
PCN should step into action and make sure such fraudulent pharmacies are sanctioned.

Government should first subsidize those items in the market so that the fraudulent retailers would not have any excuses when they're caught.
Re: Reporting Fraudulent Pharmacies Selling A Pack Of 50 Pieces Nose Mask For #12500 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 24, 2020
Period007:

So they should selling below the cost price
So we should all die because people can't afford it? When it gets serious they will beg people to take it for free.
Re: Reporting Fraudulent Pharmacies Selling A Pack Of 50 Pieces Nose Mask For #12500 by Ekejoestar(m): 4:22pm On Mar 24, 2020
Hmm
Re: Reporting Fraudulent Pharmacies Selling A Pack Of 50 Pieces Nose Mask For #12500 by Ekejoestar(m): 4:23pm On Mar 24, 2020
Bought mine (facemask) today at cito pharmacy at kola bus stop for the price of 7k, while still waiting for reciept after i finished making payment, anothe guy came to buy and they lifted the price to 8k. I undastand its all about buisness but they should try and peg it at an affordable price
Re: Reporting Fraudulent Pharmacies Selling A Pack Of 50 Pieces Nose Mask For #12500 by Moneyboyz: 5:16am On Mar 25, 2020
Doortun:
I know this isn't the best business practice, but business are meant to generate profit. There is really no law or penalty for fixing price on commodities.

It can be a criminal act if you are forced to buy it. Other than that if you can't afford it just move on.

Wow, peoples lives depend on it, it's a necessary safety precautions we must all take, do you know that 12500 is someone's monthly salary, inflating the price of these materials is criminal in nature.
Re: Reporting Fraudulent Pharmacies Selling A Pack Of 50 Pieces Nose Mask For #12500 by Doortun(m): 2:14pm On Mar 25, 2020
Moneyboyz:

Wow, peoples lives depend on it, it's a necessary safety precautions we must all take, do you know that 12500 is someone's monthly salary, inflating the price of these materials is criminal in nature.

It is bad. I'm not in support of it, but it is not a criminal act. Many, if not all rich people are not necessarily good people.

He can decide not to sell it and use it as a pillow nothing anyone can do to it.

There's individual liberty and No lawyer, government can intimidate the seller.

(1) (Reply)

Hilarious: See Picture Of Covid-19 Cases Around The World / Ill Health / Its Got A Foul Smell:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.