Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,684 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Sanwo-Olu: All Banks, Offices, Markets, Courts Should Close From Thursday - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu: All Banks, Offices, Markets, Courts Should Close From Thursday (89454 Views)

2023 Election: Nigerians Not Courts Should Choose Leaders - Goodluck Jonathan / Goodluck Jonathan: Ballot, Not Courts, Should Determine Election Winners / Oba Akiolu: Buhari Should Close Boarder When Reelected So Obasanjo Won't Escape (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu: All Banks, Offices, Markets, Courts Should Close From Thursday by Kokoebapluse(m): 8:09pm On Mar 24, 2020
Don't get happy or feel OK if you pay a huge money for a work but you didn't see good result. Here is good news At LEM where we deal with anything contain painting, we re into house painting, frame ( your portrait), T-shirt design, branding, and printing & publishing. For more information call us on :08172010068.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: All Banks, Offices, Markets, Courts Should Close From Thursday by Wizywiz(m): 8:10pm On Mar 24, 2020
MrNipplesLover:

baba, e go better make u go make withdrawal of large amount of money now from ATMs ooh.
make sure say cash full house well well, plus u should stock your house with food stuff now now now.

no dey wait to ask weather money go dey ATM ooh.

I hail u, bro.
nice idea bro...but my fear now be say ....what if niggas decide to begin rob people from house to house knowing fully well say most persons go don withdraw and keep cash for house incase of any eventuality?

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: All Banks, Offices, Markets, Courts Should Close From Thursday by DCmonster: 8:11pm On Mar 24, 2020
amaridigital:

Please don't blame the Government alone. Corporate and religious organizations are doing nothing and it's so sad. I suggested a nationwide fundraising for some of these items to be distributed across the 774 LGA's including food few days ago. Look, if we don't lockdown now, we are at risk of loosing up to 10% of our population to this virus within a year.
The question is, how do we survive this situation for six months? To be honest, no one alive today has any experience on how to deal with a pandemic of this proportion because this happens once in a century. That's why the whole world is on her knees. The US health department was of the opinion that the pattern of infection in their country is more peculiar in comparison with other part of the world because it infects and kills younger persons/teenagers there and they don't know why. It's too early to determine or detect any pattern of infection in Nigeria.
I'm not too impressed the way our religious organizations were silent on this. They should be in the forefront of raising fund to buy senitisers, gloves, food items, toleteries for the poor public. These are the same people whose generation upon generation have been contributing their hard earned money in form of offerings and tithes without any equity in the organization. The GO's reward is here on earth while the member's reward is only due in heaven.
What would Jesus do in this kind of situation. He fed 5000 people will few fishes and he shared the story of the good Samaritan. Let the Churches and mosques donate important items to the needy now. We only have few days opportunity. We need to lockdown as soon as possible. If the religious houses won't listen, let us all be our brother's keeper.
You were making a very good point, then you derailed by going religiously bias. Why do citizens pay tax? What happened to all the thieving politicians and criminal billionaires who doesn't nothing but oppress the masses? Is Jack ma a pastor or church? All other countries making provisions are they churches? Where I live the government made provisions for it and we also have a very good system. I have never spent from my credit card for 2 years now, but I just dusted it off. Watch your mouth young man and keep the church outta your mouth. I bet you are a Muslim or atheist.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: All Banks, Offices, Markets, Courts Should Close From Thursday by Lamanii22(f): 8:15pm On Mar 24, 2020
DoubleEngine007:
This thing is getting more serious... And I still heard one mumu man saying the virus will not survive the heat in Nigeria this morning.. People dey sha...

When rain has started... We don't take things seriously in this country...
Re: Sanwo-Olu: All Banks, Offices, Markets, Courts Should Close From Thursday by mechanics(m): 8:16pm On Mar 24, 2020
I just hope they won't restrict movement.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: All Banks, Offices, Markets, Courts Should Close From Thursday by aragonchuks(m): 8:17pm On Mar 24, 2020
Citytrend:
Guys chill. What is playing out is what I call the God fact.

My only problem is the fact that our politicians doesn't seems to grasp what is playing out around the globe Just like the Stubborn Pharoah of Yesteryears. If not they'd be on their Knees. But funny enough that won't happen because of their Ocultic engagements in quest for Power

Only the unguided soul will ask God the reason He allowed this pandemic... Until I see one poor market woman crying over the death of her only son

Let me see a single Leader in the world that will boast of power again after this pandemic.

The world thought God was Joking with words When he said their worries would be worst than that of Sodom & Gomorrah. Only a bad Messenger focus on the messenger more than the message itself. So forget China and drive your subconscious mind on the message instead.

With no fear of the Government, oga Support please ask your world Powers where they left their Powers, including the Cabal in Aso Rock who rather Derive pleasure in visiting men from underworld, where is their Powers

Anyway, I will Design a Professional Logo for your Company or Product For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. See my info below to Chat me
you are Nigeria’s problem
Re: Sanwo-Olu: All Banks, Offices, Markets, Courts Should Close From Thursday by Stillthebest: 8:20pm On Mar 24, 2020
akinjojo1234:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Drink hot water and seriously burn your throat and die in the process before the coronavirus comes. Nairaland grin

Since you are stupid enough to be able to drink hot water even if it is too hot for you, you will need to add sniper before you drink your own because you stupidity and dumbness know no bound. Oponu.

If u quote me, I no well.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: All Banks, Offices, Markets, Courts Should Close From Thursday by juman(m): 8:21pm On Mar 24, 2020
boxer022:
I am not against the close down of banks, markets, etc due to this virus. My only question is how come the Italian man that brought this virus to Lagos Nigeria is well and tested negative? What was used to treat him and the second person that has been discharged? If the treatment can work on them, why then can't it work on the other patients, also why can't the state government advice residents of the state on the medication and also advice other states of the federation for them to implement it?

No drug for it.
They allowed there bodies to fight back against the virus.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: All Banks, Offices, Markets, Courts Should Close From Thursday by MrSquint: 8:28pm On Mar 24, 2020
It's good to close banks, Offices, Markets and Courts etc.
But pls you people in control of the people's wealth should pay salaries asap. Come up with means to give out little stipends to alleviate the suffering of the impoverished masses.

This is a good time to share every and any stolen wealth.
Voluntarily sharing of stolen wealth will be applauded.

THANK GOD CORONA IS FOR THE RICH AND POOR.
THE HOSPITALS YOU REFUSED TO BUILD WILL ACCOMMODATE SOME OF YOU
Re: Sanwo-Olu: All Banks, Offices, Markets, Courts Should Close From Thursday by DelphiOracle(m): 8:28pm On Mar 24, 2020
udy4real:

Ladipo,Alaba international and kotangora
what do they sell?
Re: Sanwo-Olu: All Banks, Offices, Markets, Courts Should Close From Thursday by Mizwisdom(f): 8:30pm On Mar 24, 2020
I'm sincerely troubled by this announcement. I can afford to stock up but many can't afford to, we have insensitive leaders, selfish and wicked all at once, there's going to be mass hunger. Did Sanwo Olu think about this stupid decision at all? well, wish everybody the best of luck
Re: Sanwo-Olu: All Banks, Offices, Markets, Courts Should Close From Thursday by ProtectMyMoney: 8:37pm On Mar 24, 2020
Mean while, in UK, they allowed people to buy food....how will people eat in Naija if markets are closed?

Re: Sanwo-Olu: All Banks, Offices, Markets, Courts Should Close From Thursday by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 24, 2020
without proper provision for the masses.

Just shutting down like that..no food no money...lately I regret being a Nigerian seriously..other advance nations made proper provision for the masses to stay at home..even country that we are richer than..may God put this disease on our useless leaders
Re: Sanwo-Olu: All Banks, Offices, Markets, Courts Should Close From Thursday by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:44pm On Mar 24, 2020
Crispels:
[/b]NOT A TOTAL SHUTDOWN[b]

I watched the Governor’s press briefing and he said it excludes markets that sell essential items like food and medicine. Some Nigerian journalists and their incomplete news.
Market association has declared that they will lock up on Thursday across Lagos for all main markets registered with them. Saw that much earlier.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: All Banks, Offices, Markets, Courts Should Close From Thursday by Rozaytee: 9:01pm On Mar 24, 2020
SultanOfPuna:
So Many Stories To Tell My Unborn Kids

How I Survived Ebola, Coronavirus, Buhari
And Multiple Unprotected Sex..
Asweaaaaaaar
Re: Sanwo-Olu: All Banks, Offices, Markets, Courts Should Close From Thursday by nategreen: 9:05pm On Mar 24, 2020
As a licensed esthetician and cosmetologist, Allie enjoys every aspect of the beauty industry in New Leaf Aesthetics LLC. She received her licensure from Tricoci University of Beauty Culture and went on to study at the National Laser Institute where she earned her collagen induction therapy (CIT) and laser modality certification. Her focus on clinical skincare treatments that fuel fast, long-lasting results is what keeps her guests coming back for more. She specializes in skin rejuvenation treatments such as clinical custom peels and ultrasound skin therapy.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: All Banks, Offices, Markets, Courts Should Close From Thursday by persius555(m): 9:10pm On Mar 24, 2020
More people will die of hunger than Corona virus
Re: Sanwo-Olu: All Banks, Offices, Markets, Courts Should Close From Thursday by einsteine(m): 9:20pm On Mar 24, 2020
Wizywiz:
nice idea bro...but my fear now be say ....what if niggas decide to begin rob people from house to house knowing fully well say most persons go don withdraw and keep cash for house incase of any eventuality?

Of course this would happen.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: All Banks, Offices, Markets, Courts Should Close From Thursday by DagobertoEli: 9:29pm On Mar 24, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:

Way to go!
[/s]
Re: Sanwo-Olu: All Banks, Offices, Markets, Courts Should Close From Thursday by Kaybaba5(m): 9:29pm On Mar 24, 2020
Covid 19 is called Arun gbajumo
Re: Sanwo-Olu: All Banks, Offices, Markets, Courts Should Close From Thursday by SaintLucia: 9:30pm On Mar 24, 2020
medTechworld:

Mr Man, no one derives joy from hatred. Use your common sense. Then why was some equipment moved from gwagwalada general hospital to aso rock? Shey aso rock Don turn isolation center? Use your Hq.
Oh you forgot your opolo when u were ditching out nonsense. Your hatred and bitterness will surely consume u if u don't amend your way. Atiku and Buhari families are praying for each others at this critical time but u are here splitting jargon. Do u know what will happen to u in this next moment? U better amend your way eranko.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: All Banks, Offices, Markets, Courts Should Close From Thursday by Pacesetter123(m): 9:31pm On Mar 24, 2020
How will we survive this?
Re: Sanwo-Olu: All Banks, Offices, Markets, Courts Should Close From Thursday by DagobertoEli: 9:32pm On Mar 24, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:

Stop peddling lies!

Which tourist and foreign investor.

I wonder where your lots fabricate news.
[/s]
Re: Sanwo-Olu: All Banks, Offices, Markets, Courts Should Close From Thursday by Chatbot1234: 9:36pm On Mar 24, 2020
now we will have to battle between corona and hunger, i always knew this thing will mess us in africa cry
in this tough time my thoughts remains with every middle and lower class family, it will be a rough ride ahead but hopefully we stay strong and fight. may nature see us through.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: All Banks, Offices, Markets, Courts Should Close From Thursday by DagobertoEli: 9:42pm On Mar 24, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:

Gibberish!
[/s]
Re: Sanwo-Olu: All Banks, Offices, Markets, Courts Should Close From Thursday by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:56pm On Mar 24, 2020
Wizywiz:

I'm not seeing this happening at all.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: All Banks, Offices, Markets, Courts Should Close From Thursday by Prism(f): 9:57pm On Mar 24, 2020
AGUBANZE:
grin tongue

I’m hiding in Sambisa Forest . I rather die in the midst of the devils I know (boko boys) than the angel I don’t know (corona)

I get enough Arizona to last me till eternity . If you need merchandise ,go find yours . grin

This is the worst time to smoke. Covid-19 targets the lungs oo. Most patients come down with severe respiratory problem which eventually leads to death. Smoking will weaken your immune system. Think twice
Re: Sanwo-Olu: All Banks, Offices, Markets, Courts Should Close From Thursday by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:01pm On Mar 24, 2020
ProtectMyMoney:
Mean while, in UK, they allowed people to buy food....how will people eat in Naija if markets are closed?

those that would be going out for food in the UK won't be going to markets like mile 12 market, Oyingbo market, and the likes with dirty sellers and unhygienic environment, where people won't follow the rules of safety.
they would have a proper set of food stores, well organized and safe for buying and selling.

you no suppose dey compare the UK with Nigeria na.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: All Banks, Offices, Markets, Courts Should Close From Thursday by nestkojex(m): 10:08pm On Mar 24, 2020
Wow. I heard on CNN that this Corona virus pandemic has the potential of wiping out over a million people in America alone if not checked and this also can apply to even other countries of the world. What a tragedy! I don't want anyone to die. But even if Corona virus must kill people, maybe 1 million people in Nigeria, for instance, like in the US, it should start with all the politicians that have caused untold problems and hardship for people in our country. For instance, in Delta state, I heard that the emergency unit setup for the treatments or handling of Corona virus outbreak does not even have lights and that the place is decrepit and abandoned. So why should that kind of governor with so much oil money survive Corona virus? The last governor of Oyo state started a road project and gave it to horrible road contractors, who I am sure I am even better than in construction even though I did not study civil engineering but just English Language. They left the road in a terrible condition and forced motorists to be taking one way and a lot of persons died through hit-and-run. Even a cousin to my office's landlord lost her husband. when he was crossing, a vehicle (bullion van) took one way and knocked life out of him. That same governor took about 3 years to construct less than 2 kilometres of the same road from Idi Ape to Bashorun here in Ibadan and just few days to leaving office, because he wanted to inaugurate a school that was along the road, they started rushing. Just in two weeks they almost finished that portion of the road which showed that he had the power and the financial capability to do it but left it and people were dying as a result of vehicles taking one way and when it rained people's bikes were slipping and falling and injuring people. So why should that kind of governor now survive coronavirus. A lot of evil people, like this other man I can't remember his name, that went away with pensioners' money and I even heard that, though not so sure, if he is the one that Buhari pardoned. why should that kind of person survive coronavirus when he has ruined the lives of many? Most of all those people who, have caused untold hardship who have stolen money in different states, either as ministers or whatever and allowed people to suffer as a result of that, they should all be killed by Coronavirus. They are even mostly the ones going out of the country to import the virus. Now are running back home. Idiots. Go to UCH, go to LUTH, go to UBTH, etc, you see people die of common problems that governments would have been able to spend money on. The ministers, governors, presidents, senators, reps, past and present, and all of them will steal and have stolen so much money and the hospitals are left in a bad state. Unfortunately, no one can run out of the country and say they want to go and treat Corona virus abroad because that's where it's coming from so they are all going to stay here and feel what the common man is feeling and all die too if need be like the common man. A friend of mine lost his younger brother to kidney problem and soon after that you see politicians with so much money who couldn't hello then flaunt their stolen money on TV. When they see all these people come to television to say they need 5 million to do transplant for kidney, they won't help. Yet they spend millions on pussy. What will it cost them to give like 10 people 5 million each, that's 50 million? They think that will keep the money and stockpile for their children's children's children and now by the time the same hopelessly corrupt and useless old idiots contract Corona virus, they will transmit it also to the same children that they are storing the money for and lets see if you will have the children to help them spend the money. This Corona virus could be a blessing in disguise: to wipe out the evil people who think the common masses are nothing but pebbles they can move at their will. But to all the good people who have contracted it, I wish you speedy recovery and I pray that God heals you. But if truly 1 million people will die, let it start from the corrupt politicians who have killed this country.
My humble submission,
Ernest Okojie.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: All Banks, Offices, Markets, Courts Should Close From Thursday by Nekky5(f): 10:13pm On Mar 24, 2020
Good moves His Excellency! Let us join hands together to fight this deadly virus.Together we will win when we obey all the directives.How I wish the government together can fight corruption,terrorism and killings in our country like this.God bless Nigeria.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: All Banks, Offices, Markets, Courts Should Close From Thursday by richPHAROAH: 10:34pm On Mar 24, 2020
nthing serious about this shit. there is a cure for this but politicians just want to make good cash from this before they allow u use the cure. just imagine usa fighting because of 2trillion dollars corona money
Re: Sanwo-Olu: All Banks, Offices, Markets, Courts Should Close From Thursday by AGUBANZE(m): 10:40pm On Mar 24, 2020
Prism:

This is the worst time to smoke. Covid-19 targets the lungs oo. Most patients come down with severe respiratory problem which eventually leads to death. Smoking will weaken your immune system. Think twice

Something must kill a man , even aids dey fear ebola

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Personally Visits Wike After He 'Stormed Out Of Venue'. Photos / Governor Godwin Obaseki's Official Car Sank On A Road In Edo State! (Pictures) / Coronavirus: FG Blocks Five Governors From Flying Out Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.