Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Dr. Ben Carson Urges Americans To Lean Into Faith, Prayer Amid COVID-19 Fear - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dr. Ben Carson Urges Americans To Lean Into Faith, Prayer Amid COVID-19 Fear (2298 Views)

Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" / Installation Of New Catholic Bishop In Ekwulobia Anambra Amid COVID-19 Pandemic / Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr. Ben Carson Urges Americans To Lean Into Faith, Prayer Amid COVID-19 Fear by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:58am On Mar 25, 2020
Dr. Ben Carson Urges Americans To Lean Into Faith, Prayer Amid COVID-19 Fear Outbreak
Milton Quintanilla | Contributor for ChristianHeadlines.com | Monday, March 16, 2020

At a press briefing on Saturday, Housing and Urban Development Secretary Dr. Ben Carson emphasized the importance of prayer amid the coronavirus outbreak.

“I hope that we as a nation can use this as an opportunity to pull together for good,” Dr. Carson said during a Coronavirus Task Force briefing on Saturday.

“President Trump is going to be recommending a National Day of Prayer. And you know, we’ve gotten away from prayer and faith a lot in this country,” Carson said, according to The Christian Post.

But “There’s nothing wrong with godly principles, no matter what your faith is: loving your neighbour, caring about the people around you, developing your God-given talents to the utmost, so you become valuable to the people around you,” he continued.

“Having values and principles that guide your life. Those are things that made America zoom to the top of the world in record time — and those are the things that will keep us there too,” Dr. Carson concluded.

Also at the briefing, U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams encouraged the media to “lean into and prioritize the health and safety of the American people.”

He urged, “No more bickering, no more partisanship, no more criticism or finger-pointing; they’ll be plenty of time for that. But we all need to hit the reset button and lean forward, the health and safety of the American people are top priority.”

Concerning the coronavirus, Adams said that it “will get worse before it gets better but we are making progress to flatten the curve. We are making progress.” He also provided assurance that “98, 99 percent of the people will recover.”

Saturday's press briefing also included the addition of the U.K. and Ireland to the travel ban to and from Europe, which was implemented at midnight on Monday by the Trump Administration.

The ban, however, excluded “American citizens, legal permanent residents, and their immediate families, among others.”

Additionally, President Trump was considering domestic travel restrictions. “If you don’t have to travel, I wouldn’t do it. We want this thing to end. We don’t want a lot of people getting infected,” he said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hXCIuxQyd8

https://www.christianheadlines.com/contributors/milton-quintanilla/dr-ben-carson-urges-americans-to-lean-into-prayer-amid-covid-19-fear.html

Re: Dr. Ben Carson Urges Americans To Lean Into Faith, Prayer Amid COVID-19 Fear by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:03pm On Mar 25, 2020
PRAYERS GOING UP

Emusan:

And the healing comes down!
Correct Man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr. Ben Carson Urges Americans To Lean Into Faith, Prayer Amid COVID-19 Fear by Goshen360(m): 1:23pm On Mar 25, 2020
Lean on faith? While OP and Ben Carson standing behind TrDumb when he's lying to the American people. Shame! What relationship does faith got to do with lies? grin
Re: Dr. Ben Carson Urges Americans To Lean Into Faith, Prayer Amid COVID-19 Fear by Emusan(m): 1:44pm On Mar 25, 2020
post=87751723:
PRAYERS GOING UP
And the healing comes down!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Ben Carson Urges Americans To Lean Into Faith, Prayer Amid COVID-19 Fear by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:12pm On Mar 25, 2020
of course we should pray, but lets pray for the RIGHT PEOPLE out there... pray that the DOCTORS will be able to do their jobs the best they can, PRAY that scientist find a cure for this madness called coronavirus, and ultimately PRAY that in due time all will be back to normal.... but certainly dont pray for some invisible bastard in the sky to magically wave his magic stick to miraculously heal the world, at a snap of his fingers. that would be stupid and brainless of you!

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Ben Carson Urges Americans To Lean Into Faith, Prayer Amid COVID-19 Fear by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:56pm On Mar 25, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

of course we should pray, but lets pray for the RIGHT PEOPLE out there... pray that the DOCTORS will be able to do their jobs the best they can, PRAY that scientist find a cure for this madness called coronavirus, and ultimately PRAY that in due time all will be back to normal.... but certainly dont pray for some invisible bastard in the sky to magically wave his magic stick to miraculously heal the world, at a snap of his fingers. that would be stupid and brainless of you!

Who are you praying to in the first place? undecided
Re: Dr. Ben Carson Urges Americans To Lean Into Faith, Prayer Amid COVID-19 Fear by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:59pm On Mar 25, 2020
Goshen360:

Lean on faith? While OP and Ben Carson standing behind TrDumb when he's lying to the American people. Shame! What relationship does faith got to do with lies? grin

You and your Demoncrats might as well continue to live in fear. The devil represented by liberals is the father of lies. cool

Re: Dr. Ben Carson Urges Americans To Lean Into Faith, Prayer Amid COVID-19 Fear by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:03pm On Mar 25, 2020
OLAADEGBU:
Who are you praying to in the first place? undecided

again, since you dont comprehend English, let me post it again:
in this coronavirus times, i pray that the DOCTORS will be able to do their jobs the best they can, PRAY that scientist find a cure for this madness called coronavirus, and ultimately PRAY that in due time all will be back to normal.

so i close my eyes and HOPE/WISH that doctors/scientists perform their duties the best they can. no need for some invisible charlatan in the sky for that, is it?!?
Re: Dr. Ben Carson Urges Americans To Lean Into Faith, Prayer Amid COVID-19 Fear by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:10pm On Mar 25, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

again, since you dont comprehend English, let me post it again:
in this coronavirus times, i pray that the DOCTORS will be able to do their jobs the best they can, PRAY that scientist find a cure for this madness called coronavirus, and ultimately PRAY that in due time all will be back to normal.

so i close my eyes and HOPE/WISH that doctors/scientists perform their duties the best they can. no need for some invisible charlatan in the sky for that, is it?!?

English prof. You said you 'pray that...' I ask again, who do you pray to for the doctors to be able to do the best they can? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr. Ben Carson Urges Americans To Lean Into Faith, Prayer Amid COVID-19 Fear by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:24pm On Mar 25, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

English prof. You said you 'pray that...' I ask again, who do you pray to for the doctors to be able to do the best they can? undecided

you see Mr xtian, you foolishly think that when someone says the "pray" for people to do their job, it automatically means that there is some invisible god involved.
A) it simply means that i am making a request in a humble manner
B) its a figure of speech you $%·"?!... just like me saying: for christ/god sake" OR "oh lord", duh!
Re: Dr. Ben Carson Urges Americans To Lean Into Faith, Prayer Amid COVID-19 Fear by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:58pm On Mar 25, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

you see Mr xtian, you foolishly think that when someone says the "pray" for people to do their job, it automatically means that there is some invisible god involved.
A) it simply means that i am making a request in a humble manner
B) its a figure of speech you $%·"?!... just like me saying: for christ/god sake" OR "oh lord", duh!

Continue to pray to the impersonal forces then. shocked

1 Like

Re: Dr. Ben Carson Urges Americans To Lean Into Faith, Prayer Amid COVID-19 Fear by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:07pm On Mar 25, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

yes i will continue to pray for doctors to do their jobs and scientist to find cure for these diseases while YOU continue praying for some invisible demon in the sky, who supposedly can heal the world but instead lets BILLIONS of innocent people die each year of hunger/pain/sickness/diseases/disasters etc

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Ben Carson Urges Americans To Lean Into Faith, Prayer Amid COVID-19 Fear by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:37pm On Mar 25, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

yes i will continue to pray for doctors to do their jobs and scientist to find cure for these diseases while YOU continue praying for some invisible demon in the sky, who supposedly can heal the world but instead lets BILLIONS of innocent people die each year of hunger/pain/sickness/diseases/disasters etc

The OP is about a medical Doctor urging Americans to lean into faith and prayer but atheists must gatecrash the thread to claim that he is praying but that he is praying to no one but himself. That is intelligent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr. Ben Carson Urges Americans To Lean Into Faith, Prayer Amid COVID-19 Fear by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 25, 2020
How many coronavirus patients has Kumuyi healed ?

How many coronavirus patients have your church pastors healed ?

ZERO, ZILCH , NADA.

No Power, No Blood of Jesus.

ALL TALK and EMPTY BOASTS.

cool

3 Likes

Re: Dr. Ben Carson Urges Americans To Lean Into Faith, Prayer Amid COVID-19 Fear by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:49pm On Mar 25, 2020
OLAADEGBU:
The OP is about a medical Doctor urging Americans to lean into faith and prayer but atheists must gatecrash the thread to claim that he is praying but that he is praying to no one but himself. That is intelligent.

just because there are millions of religious follow-follow brainless donkeys out there, certainly does not make me one.

3 Likes

Re: Dr. Ben Carson Urges Americans To Lean Into Faith, Prayer Amid COVID-19 Fear by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 25, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

Indeed.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Ben Carson Urges Americans To Lean Into Faith, Prayer Amid COVID-19 Fear by Goshen360(m): 10:20pm On Mar 25, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

You and your Demoncrats might as well continue to live in fear. The devil represented by liberals is the father of lies. cool

Perfect love (of God) cast out fears.....President Dumb is a pathological liar and that's a fact checked....You evangelicals queued behind liar like birds of same feather. Continue!
Re: Dr. Ben Carson Urges Americans To Lean Into Faith, Prayer Amid COVID-19 Fear by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:33am On Mar 26, 2020
post=87751723:

PRAYERS GOING UP

Correct Man

Kanye West sang 'Sing For The Power Of The Lord To Come Down.' cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr. Ben Carson Urges Americans To Lean Into Faith, Prayer Amid COVID-19 Fear by PervertProphet: 10:18am On Mar 26, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Brother, I love these pictures of yours attached to your posts.

I want them.
Re: Dr. Ben Carson Urges Americans To Lean Into Faith, Prayer Amid COVID-19 Fear by PervertProphet: 10:19am On Mar 26, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

Deluded Cretin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr. Ben Carson Urges Americans To Lean Into Faith, Prayer Amid COVID-19 Fear by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:43am On Mar 26, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Kanye West sang 'Sing For The Power Of The Lord To Come Down.' cheesy
We love songs like that.
Downloading it right away.
Thanks sir! cheesy
Re: Dr. Ben Carson Urges Americans To Lean Into Faith, Prayer Amid COVID-19 Fear by EdoPrince93(m): 10:46am On Mar 26, 2020
[s]
post=87777977:

We love songs like that.
Thanks sir! cheesy
[/s]

1 Share

Re: Dr. Ben Carson Urges Americans To Lean Into Faith, Prayer Amid COVID-19 Fear by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:09pm On Mar 26, 2020
frosbel2:

How many coronavirus patients has Kumuyi healed ?

How many coronavirus patients have your church pastors healed ?

ZERO, ZILCH , NADA.

No Power, No Blood of Jesus.

ALL TALK and EMPTY BOASTS.

cool

We do not claim to heal anyone, only Jesus can heal, save and deliver you from eternal damnation.

Re: Dr. Ben Carson Urges Americans To Lean Into Faith, Prayer Amid COVID-19 Fear by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:15pm On Mar 26, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

just because there are millions of religious follow-follow brainless donkeys out there, certainly does not make me one.

You atheist pray and have more faith than the average Christian, what does that make you? undecided

Re: Dr. Ben Carson Urges Americans To Lean Into Faith, Prayer Amid COVID-19 Fear by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:20pm On Mar 26, 2020
Goshen360:

Perfect love (of God) cast out fears.....President Dumb is a pathological liar and that's a fact checked....You evangelicals queued behind liar like birds of same feather. Continue!

I thank God for using President Trump to expose charlatans like you and Obama who falsely claim to be Christians.

Re: Dr. Ben Carson Urges Americans To Lean Into Faith, Prayer Amid COVID-19 Fear by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:24pm On Mar 26, 2020
post=87777977:

We love songs like that.
Thanks sir! cheesy

Way to go! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr. Ben Carson Urges Americans To Lean Into Faith, Prayer Amid COVID-19 Fear by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:25pm On Mar 26, 2020
EdoPrince93:
[s][/s]

Have you got any problem with Kanye West? undecided

1 Like

Re: Dr. Ben Carson Urges Americans To Lean Into Faith, Prayer Amid COVID-19 Fear by EdoPrince93(m): 12:30pm On Mar 26, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Have you got any problem with Kanye West? undecided

No bro,not at all...
Re: Dr. Ben Carson Urges Americans To Lean Into Faith, Prayer Amid COVID-19 Fear by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:38pm On Mar 26, 2020
EdoPrince93:

No bro,not at all...

Good. wink

1 Like

Re: Dr. Ben Carson Urges Americans To Lean Into Faith, Prayer Amid COVID-19 Fear by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 26, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

We do not claim to heal anyone, only Jesus can heal, save and deliver you from eternal damnation.

So you cannot heal anymore ?? How convenient grin

Jokers.
Re: Dr. Ben Carson Urges Americans To Lean Into Faith, Prayer Amid COVID-19 Fear by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:50pm On Mar 26, 2020
frosbel2:

So you cannot heal anymore ?? How convenient grin

Jokers.

Only Jesus can save. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Every Christian Must Read This Confession! / Help: How Can I Get Bible Download For Macbook Air / I Want To Serve God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.