Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,741 members, 7,827,738 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

COVID-19: Atiku Pledges N50 Million Naira As A Relief Fund. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: Atiku Pledges N50 Million Naira As A Relief Fund. (527 Views)

Atiku Pledges To Connect Nasarawa With Good Road, Youth Employment / Covid-19; Atiku Abubakar’s Son On A “death Door” / Atiku Pledges Job Creation, Revival Of Ajaokuta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Atiku Pledges N50 Million Naira As A Relief Fund. by chily11: 5:00pm On Mar 25, 2020
Atiku Abubakar has pledged N50 million to a relief Fund that will form part of the stimulus package.

As the coronavirus pandemic ravages the world, I applaud the various Nigerian state governments who have proactively taken measures, such as issuing stay at home orders, and shutting down non-essential markets and other places of mass gatherings, while also giving guidelines for social distancing.

However, we must accept the fact that much of the Nigerian public have a subsistence existence. A large percentage of our people do not have the financial capacity to withstand long periods of self-isolation and even lockdown. It is, therefore, incumbent on the Federal and state governments to provide palliatives to the Nigerian people to enable them to survive, even as they abide by these necessary measures put in place for their safety.

At an approximate 30 million households or thereabouts, the government should devise modalities to distribute N10,000 as a supplement for foodstuff to each household, among other palliative measures, with no one left behind.
It is thus time for the National Assembly to reconvene in an emergency session, perhaps by teleconference (in line with the demands of social distancing), to legislate a Stimulus Package Act that will cater for all Nigerian citizens.

I also call on all Mobile Telephony Companies in Nigeria to urgently develop mobile money platforms so that the government can reach the unbanked with financial assistance. I also urge these telecommunications firms to offer each of the 100 million mobile phone lines in Nigeria free credit of at least ₦1500 per mobile line, so that Nigerians who show symptoms, or those who just want information, can call the nearest available health facility, or even an ambulance service, as the case may be.

I commend all individuals and corporate organisations who have one way or the other provided some form of relief for the Nigerian people. In essence, this is what makes Nigeria great, when we help each other at such crisis times as this, irrespective of any differences. I further call on more corporations and individuals with capacity, to assist the public in these trying times.

To this end, Priam Group pledges N50 million on my behalf as my humble contribution to a relief Fund that will form part of the stimulus package.

https://twitter.com/atiku/status/1242838293424857089?s=19

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Atiku Pledges N50 Million Naira As A Relief Fund. by Yenefer(f): 5:11pm On Mar 25, 2020
Good
Re: COVID-19: Atiku Pledges N50 Million Naira As A Relief Fund. by yarimo(m): 5:12pm On Mar 25, 2020
because one of his son tested positive to coronavirus if not, I am 100 % sure he won't have donate 1kobo.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Atiku Pledges N50 Million Naira As A Relief Fund. by godkiller(m): 5:15pm On Mar 25, 2020
Is his son alive?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Atiku Pledges N50 Million Naira As A Relief Fund. by SoNature(m): 5:16pm On Mar 25, 2020
yarimo:
because one of his son was infected, in not I am 100 % sure he won't have donate 1kobo.

Your blind support for the APC has made you lose your senses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Atiku Pledges N50 Million Naira As A Relief Fund. by yarimo(m): 5:18pm On Mar 25, 2020
SoNature:

Your blind support for the APC has made you lose your senses.
Where is blind support here ?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Atiku Pledges N50 Million Naira As A Relief Fund. by Davash222(m): 5:20pm On Mar 25, 2020
yarimo:
Where is blind support here ?
How can you see it when you're already blinded by 30K BMC stipend
Re: COVID-19: Atiku Pledges N50 Million Naira As A Relief Fund. by mcmurphy132(m): 5:24pm On Mar 25, 2020
we no go still vote u come 2023 all of Una be scammer

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Atiku Pledges N50 Million Naira As A Relief Fund. by yarimo(m): 5:25pm On Mar 25, 2020
Davash222:

How can you see it when you're already blinded by 30K BMC stipend
are you that poor and jobless ?
Re: COVID-19: Atiku Pledges N50 Million Naira As A Relief Fund. by eddieguru(m): 5:31pm On Mar 25, 2020
For the sake of your son I guess undecided undecided undecided
Re: COVID-19: Atiku Pledges N50 Million Naira As A Relief Fund. by Davash222(m): 5:34pm On Mar 25, 2020
yarimo:
are you that poor and jobless ?
Nairaland Billionaire!
Re: COVID-19: Atiku Pledges N50 Million Naira As A Relief Fund. by Mynd44: 5:37pm On Mar 25, 2020
Re: COVID-19: Atiku Pledges N50 Million Naira As A Relief Fund. by ohameakpu: 6:02pm On Mar 25, 2020
yarimo:
are you that po2or and jobless ?

Does he need to be poor and jobless. If u see the truth say it. After all how many politicalians have even given u sanitizer.
People need the stimulus package if u dont.There are so many people that wld go hungry If the country or states are shut down.
Re: COVID-19: Atiku Pledges N50 Million Naira As A Relief Fund. by yarimo(m): 6:04pm On Mar 25, 2020
ohameakpu:

Does he need to be poor and jobless. If u see the truth say it. After all how many politicalians have even given u sanitizer.
People need the stimulus package if u dont.There are so many people that wld go hungry If the country or states are shut down.
what are you even saying ?
Re: COVID-19: Atiku Pledges N50 Million Naira As A Relief Fund. by helinues: 6:05pm On Mar 25, 2020
Nice one. It will go a long way.

Where are our audio billionaires? This one no be all the fake organised charity where they audio donate billion if Naira
Re: COVID-19: Atiku Pledges N50 Million Naira As A Relief Fund. by anath(m): 6:06pm On Mar 25, 2020
Yeah, here we go... I pray we overcome this IJN amen!
Re: COVID-19: Atiku Pledges N50 Million Naira As A Relief Fund. by AntiTribalism11: 6:19pm On Mar 25, 2020
WOW

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: Nigeria Risks Explosion As China, US Lock Horns / Coronavirus: 12 New Cases Confirmed / Billions Donated Towards Fight Against Coronavirus Isn't Coming To Us - FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.