Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,918 members, 7,835,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

How Can Someone Know When He/she Is Possessed? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can Someone Know When He/she Is Possessed? (3542 Views)

Could These Terrible Dreams Suggest She Is Possessed? / Nicki Minaj Confessed She Is Possessed With A Demon / How Do You Know When You Found The Right Man/Woman, That God has Chosen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can Someone Know When He/she Is Possessed? by TellyB(m): 6:02pm On Jun 09, 2007
mukina2:

telly B start praying embarassed

oya i have said it grin grin

stop rolling your eyes and start praying grin

Okay. But em. . . start praying for who??  undecided  I'm asking this question, because the way I understand possession is that, we pray for only people who begin to manifest with "thunder fire your. . .!"  grin

Right. My eyes rolling are not a manifestation - so I may not need help right away. But if you see 'em eyes begin to summersault inwards, please dial the prayer hotline for me!  grin
Re: How Can Someone Know When He/she Is Possessed? by mukina2: 6:04pm On Jun 09, 2007
mrpataki:

Yepa!!!!!!

My laptop dey burn!!!!!

Tired of your antics Muki Muki. Stop chasing here and there. tongue tongue tongue tongue

you are crazee grin grin grin grin grin grin

stop stalking me tongue angry tongue tongue tongue

@ Telly B
pataki is possesed i have said it
pray for him grin cheesy grin
Re: How Can Someone Know When He/she Is Possessed? by TellyB(m): 6:08pm On Jun 09, 2007
mukina2:

@ Telly B
pataki is possesed i have said it
pray for him grin cheesy grin

Yeepa!! You mean. . . you spelt it out - consonants and vowels?? Ojibijibijibi!! tongue

why did my PC not reject this one this time?? I go vex O!

I better go for some consultations first!
Re: How Can Someone Know When He/she Is Possessed? by mukina2: 7:54pm On Jun 09, 2007
Telly B
grin grin grin grin

you nor serious .i'll suspend you again for making me laff like this . grin grin grin
Re: How Can Someone Know When He/she Is Possessed? by nferyn(m): 8:32pm On Jun 09, 2007
@ bari_kade
A few 'signs' of demon possession:

Demons cause a victim to experience some of the following:

#1. irrationality of mind and soul
How can a soul be irrational, what is a soul?

#2. strange and aberrant behaviour
Don't know about aberrant. Probably in the eyes of the average Christian

#3. satanic and demonic worship
Don't think so

#4. extreme hatred towards God
Not really, I don't hate imaginary beings

#5. insatiable lust for lewdness and obscenities
I can be quite explicit yes

and in extreme cases:

#6. a strong suicidal feeling
Sometimes, but not too much

#7. deliberate effort to turn people away from God.
Definitely. In general, belief in God is detrimental to humanity

That's 4 out of 7. Do I qualify as possessed?
Re: How Can Someone Know When He/she Is Possessed? by TellyB(m): 9:19pm On Jun 09, 2007
@nferyn,

nferyn:

Could you try this for example? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul

nferyn:

In religious terms, it means exactly that.

nferyn:

Don't think so

Because you don't know so.

nferyn:

I hope you didn't consider yourself possessed, as he might not have been referring to you?

nferyn:

Hmm. Interesting.

nferyn:

Are you kidding me? shocked Okay, please tell me you meant to just tease.

nferyn:

I am a human being who believes in God. I haven't seen my belief as detrimental to me.

nferyn:

I don't know. Go through the check list again and let's know how many you might come up with again. cheesy
Re: How Can Someone Know When He/she Is Possessed? by TellyB(m): 9:20pm On Jun 09, 2007
@mukina2,

mukina2:

Telly B
grin grin grin grin

you nor serious .i'll suspend you again for making me laff like this . grin grin grin

I'm serious. Okay, after now, I'll be suspended until you release me. meanwhile, I'm still consulting!!
Re: How Can Someone Know When He/she Is Possessed? by mukina2: 9:26pm On Jun 09, 2007
Telly B:

@mukina2,

I'm serious. Okay, after now, I'll be suspended until you release me. meanwhile, I'm still consulting!! 

Telly B stop . .this your exercising smiley dey make me loose control with laffing grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Can Someone Know When He/she Is Possessed? by TellyB(m): 9:30pm On Jun 09, 2007
@mukina2,

.   |      ]           ! lipsrsealed

Hmmff! Arr! [ ) \ | ! lipsrsealed

See? I can't even say a word until she releases me from suspension!  undecided
Re: How Can Someone Know When He/she Is Possessed? by Reverend(m): 9:30pm On Jun 09, 2007
You can tell if you are possessed by answering the following questions:

1. Do you go to a funny looking  building on Sundays and worship imaginary people who live above the clouds?

2. Do you take the Bible as being the true word of one of these invisible people?

3. Do you think women should not wear trousers or mini skirts?

4. Do you think that masturbation and pre-marital sex is against the pretend persons wishes?

If you have answered 'yes' to one or more of the above questions, then you are possessed and should seek immediate help before it's too late  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: How Can Someone Know When He/she Is Possessed? by debosky(m): 9:32pm On Jun 09, 2007
tsk tsk, kinky rev is at it again cheesy

can you refresh my memory regarding the kinky church's beliefs?
Re: How Can Someone Know When He/she Is Possessed? by TellyB(m): 9:37pm On Jun 09, 2007
Reverend:

You can tell if you are possessed by answering the following questions:

1. Do you go to a funny looking  building on Sundays and worship imaginary people who live above the clouds?

But your kinkyclub advertized just that before your dad, Rev. Fletcher retired!  Were they possessed too? undecided

Reverend:

2. Do you take the Bible as being the true word of one of these invisible people?

But that's what your kinclub onced advertized. Infact, I remember you made a case for the Ten Commandment sometime ago - if you haven't editted and re-arranged what you stated on this Forum! Does that qualify you and your kinky group?  undecided

Reverend:

3. Do you think women should not wear trousers or mini skirts?

Worse than that, your kinkyclub of mary magdalene also exposed nude Africans under the guise of nude baptism.  sad

Reverend:

4. Do you think that masturbation and pre-marital sex is against the pretend persons wishes?

I once read in the hay days on your former website that you and your crew took your masturbation out of the Gospel of John!  undecided

Reverend:

If you have answered 'yes' to one or more of the above questions, then you are possessed and should seek immediate help before it's too late  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Okay, I guess you should take this list home and drag your dad, Rev. Flectcher out of his retirement bed and match him straight to anywhere you can give him the much needed help!  grin
Re: How Can Someone Know When He/she Is Possessed? by Reverend(m): 9:38pm On Jun 09, 2007
Hi Debosky

Very simply:

Try to live an ethical and fulfilling life without religious belief

That science and reason lead to more reliable knowledge than faith

Support for secular government and an open society that guarantees human rights for all

That religion is the root of all the worlds problems

And that you should make the best use of your time on Earth to improve things for the next generation!

Most importantly ,  have a good time and enjoy yourselves  grin grin grin grin
Re: How Can Someone Know When He/she Is Possessed? by TellyB(m): 9:45pm On Jun 09, 2007
Reverend:

Very simply:

Try to live an ethical and fulfilling life without religious belief

Too late for the re-adjustment. The ethical and fulfilling life was denied the nude Africans you and your crew exposed on your website! undecided

Wey Horus sef? He no go appear here for wetin his white Rev dey do Africans?? grin

Reverend:

That science and reason lead to more reliable knowledge than faith

We didn't see this preached to the African victims who fell for your nude baptismal rites! grin

Reverend:

Support for secular government and an open society that guarantees human rights for all

The "ALL" was absent in the pictures of nude Africans previously on your website!

Reverend:

That religious is the root of all the worlds problems

And what version of religion did you and your crew use to serve those nude Africans their problems?

Reverend:

And that you should make the best use of your time on Earth to improve things for the next generation!

Tsk. Did Rev. Fletcher do this before his retirement? grin

Reverend:

Most importantly , have a good time and enjoy yourselves grin grin grin grin

Ahh! How much good times did you grant those who were under your pews? tongue
Re: How Can Someone Know When He/she Is Possessed? by Reverend(m): 9:56pm On Jun 09, 2007
@TellyBeeeee

I am afraid it does not matter how much you ask, you will have to get your own pictures of naked Africans.

I am unable to help you as we only allow heterosexual men to join our organisation. I think you should visit
www.gaychristianonline.org and I am sure that you will find what you are looking for.

Sorry again that we could not help you pink bunny, but hey it's hard to help people like you with a penance for mens bottoms,

Everybody who prefers sitting in the sun, breathing the fresh air, chugging a few ice cold beers and watching the female talent in their skimpy summer wear walking by, you are welcome, wink wink wink

Beats sitting in a church waiting to give your hard earned money to some pedophile priest any day grin grin grin grin
Re: How Can Someone Know When He/she Is Possessed? by TellyB(m): 10:05pm On Jun 09, 2007
Reverend:

@TellyBeeeee

I am afraid it does not matter how much you ask, you will have to get your own pictures of naked Africans.

I wasn't asking or soliciting for nude pictures. I'm seriously concerned that you're here making so much noise against the very same things that you practise back home. cool

Reverend:

I am unable to help you as we only allow heterosexual men to join our organisation. I think you should visit
www.gaychristianonline.org and I am sure that you will find what you are looking for.

Is that the next thing your and your crew are considering? Sorry that you would have to keep me out of whatever organizations you hope to frolic with. cool

Reverend:

Sorry again that we could not help you pink bunny, but hey it's hard to help people like you with a penance for mens bottoms,

I wasn't expecting you'd have anything spelt H.E.L.P to offer - that's simply because you need it more than anyone reading your lines.

Reverend:

Everybody who prefers sitting in the sun, breathing the fresh air, chugging a few ice cold beers and watching the female talent in their skimpy summer wear walking by, you are welcome

Such low life. Sad that Rev. Flecther had to retire so early - maybe it was boring him to death! tongue

Reverend:

Beats sitting in a church waiting to give your hard earned money to some pedophile priest any day grin grin grin grin

Well, that's a good finish to a well composed protest against the excesses of the Rev. Fletcher. At least, now he knows why you've been holding atight face anytime his collection plate passes in front of you! grin
Re: How Can Someone Know When He/she Is Possessed? by nferyn(m): 10:21pm On Jun 09, 2007
Telly B:

@nferyn,
Could you try this for example? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul
Ah, you mean the brainchild of some pre-modern essentialist mode of thinking that no person has ever been able to demonstrate. The imaginary entity that's supposed to be the essence of a human being. The presupposition of a soul is indeed very irrational. Does that make the soul itself irrational?

Telly B:

In religious terms, it means exactly that.
Right, Christian compassion ans love; Hate the sin, love the sinner, isn't it?

Telly B:

Don't think so
Because you don't know so.
I don't worship imaginary beings, whether they're called God or Satan.

Telly B:

I hope you didn't consider yourself possessed, as he might not have been referring to you?
Who was referring to me? I just found these criteria funny

Telly B:

Hmm. Interesting.
I usually reserve that for people I'm familiar with and it really depends on the circumstances

Telly B:

Are you kidding me? shocked Okay, please tell me you meant to just tease.
the feeling usually lasts for about 3 to 5 minutes

Telly B:

I am a human being who believes in God. I haven't seen my belief as detrimental to me.
Religion's just a monumental waste of time and effort and is extremely divisive

Telly B:

I don't know. Go through the check list again and let's know how many you might come up with again. cheesy
Am I to choose? Nice. I'm possessed by invisible drunk pink unicorns with a monumental hang over. They poke me with invisible needles and make me do weird dances
Re: How Can Someone Know When He/she Is Possessed? by retro(f): 1:28pm On Jun 10, 2007
Reverend:

@TellyBeeeee

Everybody who prefers sitting in the sun, breathing the fresh air, chugging a few ice cold beers and watching the female talent in their skimpy summer wear walking by, you are welcome, wink wink wink

Hahahahahahahaha. Lmfao. I'm going to pass out! Hahahaha.
Re: How Can Someone Know When He/she Is Possessed? by mrpataki(m): 1:39pm On Jun 10, 2007
@ Telly B,

Information just reaching me indicates that members of the Kinky Church are castrated beings.

The Reverend is a complicated piece of rubbish.
Re: How Can Someone Know When He/she Is Possessed? by Reverend(m): 5:26pm On Jun 10, 2007
@Retro

Hi Retro grin grin grin
Re: How Can Someone Know When He/she Is Possessed? by thesilent1(m): 2:54pm On Jun 11, 2007
Information just reaching me indicates that members of the Kinky Church are castrated beings.

that would explain a lot of misplaced anger towards god on the reverend's part, grin
Re: How Can Someone Know When He/she Is Possessed? by Reverend(m): 8:05am On Jun 23, 2007
Our father
who aren't in heaven,
Hollow be thy name.
Thy kingdom dead,
thy will be read.
On earth as if there were a heaven.
Give us this day our daily dream
and deliver us from reality.
For thine is the falsehood,
the corruption
and the Horror
forever and ever
Hy-men.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesus's Miracles Vs Modern Day Professed Miracle Workers / Put Your Hard Questions For Trinitarian Theologians Enigma , Goshen & Company / 14 Shocking Religions You Had No Idea Existed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.