Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 (94113 Views)

COVID-19: NCDC Reports Five New Cases, Total Now 214 / COVID-19: 2 More Deaths And 20 New Cases, Total Now 210 (NCDC) / Coronavirus: FG Confirms Five New Cases (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 26, 2020
Masking:

Spanish flu killed 50million not 1million. ie 10% of people infected, at a time the world was not even global, less vulnerable, compared to now.
No need to screenshot. grin
My bad. I meant to say over 10 million.

But you sound quite incoherent. "at a time the world was not global" What's that?
The earth was much more vulnerable in 1918 Na.
It started with soldiers in the war, spread amongst the opposing forces. Then the soldiers spread it to every single continent of the world. How is that less vulnerable?

Note, this was during the first world war o. At a time economies were depleted (lesser resources to fight it). The virus was also too deadly compared to what we have now.

No one is saying it wouldn't pass. Just a realistic projection of what would happen if its not curtailed soon enough.

My point is that you don't have to sound like it is too dangerous to be curtailed. The reason for its spread, in the first place, is due to the initial slackness of Nation's leaders towards it.
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Mar 26, 2020
Kekekenny:
We all know the Covid-19 cases in naija are more than ds figures. Carefully releasing it not to create panic. We are aware of 15 new cases from Gbagada .But let me stop here. God is in control already cool

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by Litmus: 7:44pm On Mar 26, 2020
Kekekenny:
We all know the Covid-19 cases in naija are more than ds figures.

Same for most countries; for a major tourism destination, Kenya numbers, 31 cases, is an eyes widener. Nigeria authorities are even likelier to be telling the truth than other nations, as far as cases they know, because no nation in the world love informing the world of their negative issues more than Nigeria does.

If we don’t own Covid soon, rest assured, the House of Troll will make us own it, while neglecting their own issues.. wink

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by 9jaRealist: 2:30am On Mar 27, 2020
linearity:
The policy in the US, is no symptoms, no testing even in the drive- through centers.

Am leaving in what is currently called the epicenter of the current out break and was driving on GSP today through Middletown that houses one of those centers.....this some of the pictures I took while on high speed.....

The prints are very small, but you should be able to see the bottom of that sign of no symptoms, no test. So States in US are even more restrictive in the drive through, in NY in some, it is no Doctor’s prescription, no testing....in some States, you only get tested if it is determined that your positive test results will change the course of your treatment.

What exactly is your picture supposed to prove?
That ONE single testing center in the 50-state US requires symptoms for testing?

The US is not like Nigeria....
It's a real FEDERAL system, and states makes many of their own public health decisions.
>
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by linearity: 4:00am On Mar 27, 2020
9jaRealist:

What exactly is your picture supposed to prove?
That ONE single testing center in the 50-state US requires symptoms for testing?

The US is not like Nigeria....
It's a real FEDERAL system, and states makes many of their own public health decisions.
>

It is really difficult to have an objective conversation with some of you, do you have any evidence that any of the public or CDC testing centers open to the public are testing anyone without symptoms or contact to someone who have tested positive?

You are more than 8000 miles away arguing baselessly, what has Federal system got to do with testing for disease? FYI, all the states follow CDC guidance in their testing. States can put more strict testing protocol, but they cannot be more relax than the federal guidance set in place by CDC.

NY & NJ have tested more people in their 10s of thousands than all the other states combined, even in some of these states; people with symptoms are having difficulty testing, those test sites are not as liberal and free as the ones in the North East.

You clearly does not know how a federated government work...in a federated system, states only have UN-enumerated rights....once rights and rules are set federally, all states in the federation must meet those minimum standards or guidance. Healthcare and medicine in the united states is enumerated and controlled federally and as such, all states must at the minimum meet the federal standards.
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by DavSagacity(m): 4:43am On Mar 27, 2020
okeyben10:

It contains sodium hypochlorite. It burns and is corrosive

That it doesn't contain alcohol makes it less a disinfectant undecided
No. it does not make it less a disinfectant. Howbeit the Covid-19 virus can only be deactivated , deaminated or disarmed for to say by a alcohol based liquid. This is while some people are using ogogoro, and other alcohol drinks as sanitizer for the Covid.
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by Louisabarney(f): 7:15am On Mar 27, 2020
;Dsix months ke.nigeria would be past tense
grandstar:
I won't be surprised if it's 10 times that number.

As much as we dislike Trump, if the Roche anti-Corona vaccine works, it will be fantastic. I think a race should be on to find simple effective treatments and also preventive measures.

I believe a prize of $20m should be given to anyone who finds a simple effective cure. With such a prize, a cure will be found within 6months.

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by Pheelz2020(m): 2:46pm On Mar 27, 2020
hello guys,
pls i need ur assistance...

NOUN confirmed that they have received my transcript.
they said i should go to my study center and continue with documents verification,
note; i had this done long before my transcript was sent, they even opened 3 files for me.

i called a contact at my study center and he said; " they can't login to their server due to shut down caused by this corona palava.

pls, my question is; how can i get my matric number and go ahead with my course registration?

pls, any ideas....
Miemiepearl:

Exactly, it will be very difficult for Kano State to curb the pandemic, all what it needs is for just one Almajir to catch am then it will spread rapidly.
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by 9jaRealist: 6:58am On Mar 28, 2020
linearity:
It is really difficult to have an objective conversation with some of you, do you have any evidence that any of the public or CDC testing centers open to the public are testing anyone without symptoms or contact to someone who have tested positive?

You are more than 8000 miles away arguing baselessly, what has Federal system got to do with testing for disease? FYI, all the states follow CDC guidance in their testing. States can put more strict testing protocol, but they cannot be more relax than the federal guidance set in place by CDC.

NY & NJ have tested more people in their 10s of thousands than all the other states combined, even in some of these states; people with symptoms are having difficulty testing, those test sites are not as liberal and free as the ones in the North East.

You clearly does not know how a federated government work...in a federated system, states only have UN-enumerated rights....once rights and rules are set federally, all states in the federation must meet those minimum standards or guidance. Healthcare and medicine in the united states is enumerated and controlled federally and as such, all states must at the minimum meet the federal standards.

grin grin grin

I would like to think that my familiarity with the constitution dating back to high school (perhaps even grade school cheesy) did not go to waste, so I would respectfully request that you please enlighten us as to which provision in Article 1 bestows enumerated powers to control healthcare on the federal government (and btw, ALL enumerated powers would be listed in Section 8, just in case you are confused where they would be listed).

Meanwhile, while you are searching, you might also seek an explanation as to why SEVERAL states opted out of the federal government's Obamacare Medicaid Expansion or why as many as 26 states opted out of the Obamacare's state insurance exchanges. In addition, perhaps you could explain why Massachusetts was the first (and only) state to enact a universal healthcare law in 2006, then non-existent at federal level.

I realize that it is feature of most Nigerian discourse to focus upon and personally attack or shade discussants rather than focus on the SUBSTANCE of the matter at hand, so while I am loathe to dignify personal attacks, rest assured that as someone born and educated in the United States (and did not have a Nigerian passport before relocation), I am well versed in the US federal (or "federated" as you call it) system.

Meanwhile, returning to the SUBSTANCE of the matter at hand, I have taken the liberty to quickly and cursorily dig up some easily- and publicly -available information on the DIFFERENT requirements of some of the DIFFERENT states that offer the so-called "drive-through" testing, and as can be clearly seen (see linked article below), DIFFERENT criteria apply but NONE requires only symptoms to qualify for testing.

Furthermore, even assuming arguendo that the presence of symptoms was somehow the sole criteria for testing in the US, given that the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic in the US coincided with the thick of the flu season, it would obviously imply that many people were tested who were actually merely showing flu symptoms (which mirrors much of the COVID-19 symptoms), and thus still a wider testing pool than Nigeria's.

Finally, given the acute demographic difference between the population of the United States and Nigeria, as well as the massive disparity in international traffic into the US in comparison to international traffic into Nigeria, the notion of the disparity in the percentile of positive test results in Nigeria and the US as evidence of a sham process in Nigeria, frankly shows a rather poor grasp (even ignorance) of these matters.

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/drive-through-coronavirus-testing-locations-where-to-go-in-your-state
>
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by 9jaRealist: 7:09am On Mar 28, 2020
linearity:

Not only is knowledge not tied to geography, but I would be remiss to fail to point out the stunning IRONY in the highlighted...

YOU are "more than 8,000 miles away" from Nigeria and yet presume to speak authoritatively about current events in Nigeria, but you nonetheless believe that folks who are "more than 8,000 away" from the US cannot rationally do so about the US - even though information is more reliable, more transparent and easier to obtain in the US and about the US than in Nigeria about Nigeria (even for those live in Nigeria). SMH
>

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by linearity: 3:30pm On Mar 28, 2020
9jaRealist:

grin grin grin

I would like to think that my familiarity with the constitution dating back to high school (perhaps even grade school cheesy) did not go to waste, so I would respectfully request that you please enlighten us as to which provision in Article 1 bestows enumerated powers to control healthcare on the federal government (and btw, ALL enumerated powers would be listed in Section 8, just in case you are confused where they would be listed).

Meanwhile, while you are searching, you might also seek an explanation as to why SEVERAL states opted out of the federal government's Obamacare Medicaid Expansion or why as many as 26 states opted out of the Obamacare's state insurance exchanges. In addition, perhaps you could explain why Massachusetts was the first (and only) state to enact a universal healthcare law in 2006, then non-existent at federal level.

I realize that it is feature of most Nigerian discourse to focus upon and personally attack or shade discussants rather than focus on the SUBSTANCE of the matter at hand, so while I am loathe to dignify personal attacks, rest assured that as someone born and educated in the United States (and did not have a Nigerian passport before relocation), I am well versed in the US federal (or "federated" as you call it) system.

Meanwhile, returning to the SUBSTANCE of the matter at hand, I have taken the liberty to quickly and cursorily dig up some easily- and publicly -available information on the DIFFERENT requirements of some of the DIFFERENT states that offer the so-called "drive-through" testing, and as can be clearly seen (see linked article below), DIFFERENT criteria apply but NONE requires only symptoms to qualify for testing.

Furthermore, even assuming arguendo that the presence of symptoms was somehow the sole criteria for testing in the US, given that the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic in the US coincided with the thick of the flu season, it would obviously imply that many people were tested who were actually merely showing flu symptoms (which mirrors much of the COVID-19 symptoms), and thus still a wider testing pool than Nigeria's.

Finally, given the acute demographic difference between the population of the United States and Nigeria, as well as the massive disparity in international traffic into the US in comparison to international traffic into Nigeria, the notion of the disparity in the percentile of positive test results in Nigeria and the US as evidence of a sham process in Nigeria, frankly shows a rather poor grasp (even ignorance) of these matters.

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/drive-through-coronavirus-testing-locations-where-to-go-in-your-state
>

States can’t opt out of a federal mandate, Obamacare came with a out of clause or rather a teaser to allow states to opt in, the initial thinking was that no state could reject the robust offer to get her citizens insured.

Despite states opting out, there are federal exchanges and the fact that your state opt out does not mean as a citizen you are not required to obey the law, you either signed at a federal exchange or get fined, so in essence you are still under the federal guidelines.

Enumerated rights are not only constitutional, the problem you have is, you solely depend on google or third hand information for your option. Congress enacts laws everyday that are not enumerated in the constitution, those laws also become part of federal guidelines that all states at the minimum must follow. In the absent of a federal law or a constitutional enumerated rights, guidelines or laws, states can come in to enact theirs. I doubt know why you brought up MA, did that universal healthcare contravene all federal law? I never stated that states cannot enact their own laws or guidelines, all I stated is if there is a federal guideline or law, states must at the minimum follow them.

You clearly missed my point on someone having a ‘symptoms’. Your symptom must not necessarily lead to the diagnosis of covid-19. You only need to show some of the symptoms listed....it could just be an ordinary cough and the officials will make a judgment call if you qualify to take the test or could be a reaction to an allergy or anything.

The link you sent, does not in anywhere state that you can just show up at a test station without any symptoms and get tested. It still emphasized the fact that, you must show symptoms or get a doctor’s prescription. Getting a doctors’s or having travelled abroad or having been in contact with someone that had tested positive were the initial criteria to get tested. Showing of symptoms was recently added to eliminate the step of first visiting your doctors for a prescription. Within the last 24hrs, it has been added that if you are a first responder you can get tested, in fact new test stations have opened up that are strictly for first responders.

So, you still have not proven your point; show me a link that states they can test all comers, any and all persons that shows up. 1. It is stupid to test everyone that shows up without symptoms, script, travelled abroad, contact with someone with positive result; since you can get it anytime, so testing anyone that shows up makes no sense. 2. Test kits are limited in supply, CDC did not send unlimited approved kits to testing stations...this shortage have made some states to self sourced CDC approved test kits by themselves and they are not going to waste those kits...some states even stated, they will not test you even if you are showing symptoms unless if they determine that, a positive covid-19 test result will change your course of treatment, this is a more strict requirement from that of CDC, but it is in line as states can enact more strict ones.

No matter how available information is, they are always secondary to first hand information.
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by 9jaRealist: 6:54am On Mar 29, 2020
linearity:
States can’t opt out of a federal mandate, Obamacare came with a out of clause or rather a teaser to allow states to opt in, the initial thinking was that no state could reject the robust offer to get her citizens insured.

Despite states opting out, there are federal exchanges and the fact that your state opt out does not mean as a citizen you are not required to obey the law, you either signed at a federal exchange or get fined, so in essence you are still under the federal guidelines.

Enumerated rights are not only constitutional, the problem you have is, you solely depend on google or third hand information for your option. Congress enacts laws everyday that are not enumerated in the constitution, those laws also become part of federal guidelines that all states at the minimum must follow. In the absent of a federal law or a constitutional enumerated rights, guidelines or laws, states can come in to enact theirs. I doubt know why you brought up MA, did that universal healthcare contravene all federal law? I never stated that states cannot enact their own laws or guidelines, all I stated is if there is a federal guideline or law, states must at the minimum follow them.

You clearly missed my point on someone having a ‘symptoms’. Your symptom must not necessarily lead to the diagnosis of covid-19. You only need to show some of the symptoms listed....it could just be an ordinary cough and the officials will make a judgment call if you qualify to take the test or could be a reaction to an allergy or anything.

The link you sent, does not in anywhere state that you can just show up at a test station without any symptoms and get tested. It still emphasized the fact that, you must show symptoms or get a doctor’s prescription. Getting a doctors’s or having travelled abroad or having been in contact with someone that had tested positive were the initial criteria to get tested. Showing of symptoms was recently added to eliminate the step of first visiting your doctors for a prescription. Within the last 24hrs, it has been added that if you are a first responder you can get tested, in fact new test stations have opened up that are strictly for first responders.

So, you still have not proven your point; show me a link that states they can test all comers, any and all persons that shows up. 1. It is stupid to test everyone that shows up without symptoms, script, travelled abroad, contact with someone with positive result; since you can get it anytime, so testing anyone that shows up makes no sense. 2. Test kits are limited in supply, CDC did not send unlimited approved kits to testing stations...this shortage have made some states to self sourced CDC approved test kits by themselves and they are not going to waste those kits...some states even stated, they will not test you even if you are showing symptoms unless if they determine that, a positive covid-19 test result will change your course of treatment, this is a more strict requirement from that of CDC, but it is in line as states can enact more strict ones.

No matter how available information is, they are always secondary to first hand information.

Which doesn’t stop you commenting on current events in Nigeria...SMH undecided
>
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by 9jaRealist: 7:06am On Mar 29, 2020
linearity:

grin grin grin

Not going to be bothered to expend time de-constructing your pedantic post...
But it is important enough to affirm that enumerated rights are ONLY found in the constitution.

I realize Nigerians are raised largely on a diet of “cram-and-recite” and thus would often regurgitate without real comprehension...
But frankly your posts are embarrassingly becoming classic examples of half-knowledge sometimes being even worse than none at all. SMH
>
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by linearity: 2:37pm On Mar 29, 2020
9jaRealist:

grin grin grin

Not going to be bothered to expend time de-constructing your pedantic post...
But it is important enough to affirm that enumerated rights are ONLY found in the constitution.

I realize Nigerians are raised largely on a diet of “cram-and-recite” and thus would often regurgitate without real comprehension...
But frankly your posts are embarrassingly becoming classic examples of half-knowledge sometimes being even worse than none at all. SMH
>

Time to expand your understanding from your myopic cram-n-recite understanding of what enumerated rights are.

The word ‘enumerated’ simply means, mentioned or listed or or counted or defined....enumerated rights simply means rights specifically mentioned in the laws of a particular system given to people there.

It is myopic of you to think that, the constitution is the only source of enumerated rights. The constitution is just one source of such rights, congressional laws is another source, the UN also codifies a number of enumerated rights for everyone on earth e.g. human rights, prisoner of war rights, etc. Enumerated rights are rights derived from exiting laws and the constitution is not the only exiting law, unenumerated rights are rights implied from existing laws. I believe you know how to google, so you can look up those definitions yourself at least learn something.

If you read through my analogies, I didn’t confide my use of enumerated rights to just the constitution as a source, you are the one exposing your half baked knowledge, limiting listed or mentioned rights to only rights contained in the constitution, snap off that myopic mind set and look at the big picture and the meaning and usage of the word enumerate or unenumerate...it’s not a complicate English word.
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by linearity: 2:47pm On Mar 29, 2020
9jaRealist:

Which doesn’t stop you commenting on current events in Nigeria...SMH undecided
>

Yes, I comment on Nigeria events, but am also here to learn and usually defer to people who have first hand knowledge.

Even if I watch Nigeria News all day or do research, all I will get is filtered knowledge made available through someone’s own interpretation.

In your case, you felt that you can get all the information about the US from the internet and through news outlet, which made you to conclude that their are covid-19 testing stations in the US that test everyone and anyone regardless of symptoms or the previous defined contact and travel criteria....I had since challenged you to provide a link authoritative source in US that states that and have not been able to do so.

I took time to read through one of the links you initially provided and look through some of the states criteria and did not see any backing your wrong assertions.

If you have such link, put it up or shut up and learn for once.
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by Bukati2: 4:53pm On Mar 29, 2020
please educate others. send to your friends. face lives

Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by 9jaRealist: 3:10am On Mar 30, 2020
linearity:
Yes, I comment on Nigeria events, but am also here to learn and usually defer to people who have first hand knowledge.

Even if I watch Nigeria News all day or do research, all I will get is filtered knowledge made available through someone’s own interpretation.

In your case, you felt that you can get all the information about the US from the internet and through news outlet, which made you to conclude that their are covid-19 testing stations in the US that test everyone and anyone regardless of symptoms or the previous defined contact and travel criteria....I had since challenged you to provide a link authoritative source in US that states that and have not been able to do so.

I took time to read through one of the links you initially provided and look through some of the states criteria and did not see any backing your wrong assertions.

If you have such link, put it up or shut up and learn for once.

Either you are laboring under a comprehension deficit...
Or just one of those sad folks desperate to "win" internet discussions that you resort to telling porkies. undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/5755946/covid-19-nigeria-confirms-five-new/2

NO country on earth has the capacity to test everyone...
Not just the testing equipment but the needed reagents are obviously in acute demand worldwide at this time.

Accordingly, each country necessarily PRIORITIZES who gets tested...
In Nigeria's case, those already showing symptoms go directly to the front of the line.

https://www.nairaland.com/5755946/covid-19-nigeria-confirms-five-new/3

Nope, you can get tested in the US w/out symptoms in those so-called "drive-through" test centers set up in some states...
Meanwhile, Nigeria tests only those with symptoms and trace contacts (which was why the "highly connected" at Aso Rock were tested).

Knowledge is not acquired by OSMOSIS merely by being an economic refugee in the US. SMDH
>
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by 9jaRealist: 3:24am On Mar 30, 2020
linearity:

Time to expand your understanding from your myopic cram-n-recite understanding of what enumerated rights are.

The word ‘enumerated’ simply means, mentioned or listed or or counted or defined....enumerated rights simply means rights specifically mentioned in the laws of a particular system given to people there.

It is myopic of you to think that, the constitution is the only source of enumerated rights. The constitution is just one source of such rights, congressional laws is another source, the UN also codifies a number of enumerated rights for everyone on earth e.g. human rights, prisoner of war rights, etc. Enumerated rights are rights derived from exiting laws and the constitution is not the only exiting law, unenumerated rights are rights implied from existing laws. I believe you know how to google, so you can look up those definitions yourself at least learn something.

If you read through my analogies, I didn’t confide my use of enumerated rights to just the constitution as a source, you are the one exposing your half baked knowledge, limiting listed or mentioned rights to only rights contained in the constitution, snap off that myopic mind set and look at the big picture and the meaning and usage of the word enumerate or unenumerate...it’s not a complicate English word.

When you find yourself in a hole, quit digging... grin grin grin

Enumerated powers in the context of the US federal system and constitution means literally those powers SPECIFICALLY listed (or 'enumerated') in Article 1. Accordingly, the enumerated powers of the US government can ONLY be found in the constitution. PERIOD! The constitution is the grundnorm and EVERY other right, privilege or law is derived from the constitution. The fact that you're even implying that other laws or treaties share any sort of co-equivalency with the constitution is yet another embarrassing instance of half-knowledge being worse than none at all. SMH
>
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by linearity: 4:31pm On Mar 30, 2020
9jaRealist:

When you find yourself in a hole, quit digging... grin grin grin

Enumerated powers in the context of the US federal system and constitution means literally those powers SPECIFICALLY listed (or 'enumerated') in Article 1. Accordingly, the enumerated powers of the US government can ONLY be found in the constitution. PERIOD! The constitution is the grundnorm and EVERY other right, privilege or law is derived from the constitution. The fact that you're even implying that other laws or treaties [b]share any sort of co-equivalency with the constitutio[/b]n is yet another embarrassing instance of half-knowledge being worse than none at all. SMH
>

It is clear that you are grasping at straw-men arguments just to get an internet "win". I will like to objectively correct some of your misconceptions/misrepresentations for posterity seek.

1. The fact that, you are now making reference to enumerated rights and specifically stating them within the context of the constitution, indicates that you agree that enumerated rights also exist outside the context of the constitution. When I made my first reference to enumerated rights or the other references I made, I was not referring to constitutional enumerated rights. I clearly stated that my usage is same as listed rights, defined rights, etc. You are the one defaulting any mention of 'enumerated rights' to the constitution...as if they only exist within that context.

2. My reference was based on congressional laws establishing CDC and FDA and enumerated their rights and authorities that all states should follow. Since my reference was to CDC and FDA that would have clued you into the fact that, my reference was to an Act of congress that established them and not to the constitution.

3. I never compared rights contained in the constitution with those from congressional Acts or treaties; you are the one trying bring that false equivalency to obtain an internet "win". If you go back to my reference, I simply stated that enumerated or defined rights are not only contained in the constitution, they can also be find in Acts, and international bodies....that is not a comparison and not a co-equivalency.

4. Contrary to your assertions, not every right, privilege or law is derived from the constitution. The constitution also took note of this facts by noting that rights not enumerated therein can be exercised by states and also gives power to congress to enact such rights, rules and laws not therein enumerated.

Back to the substance; congressional Acts in the US give the CDC and FDA powers and rights to establish guidelines regarding tests of this nature and medicine that can be administered and all states follows the CDC guidelines and FDA rules. CDC have issued guidelines on who should be tested, but states can use their discretion but must meet minimum CDC guidelines as I initially stated......Also FDA have issues rules on which drugs can be prescribed for covid-19 and all states and Doctors must follow the federal rules...FDA approval is required before states or Doctors can legally dole out scripts.

I also stated that, initial CDC rules was to only test individuals who have:

1. Traveled abroad.
2. Come in contact with infected individuals.
3. Have Doctor's scripts.

All testing stations were following this guidelines, some in exercising their discretion have more strict rules, some have station specifically for certain high risk patients or frontline personnels, etc so as to reserve their limited test kits to people who really needs it...but none is operating outside CDC's guidelines.

When these guidelines first came up, many test locations were turning away people with symptoms, if they did not fall under the above three categories and Doctor's offices were getting packed with people needing testing scripts, further exposing other people who visited for wellness checkups; CDC then added that testing stations can test people without scripts but who show symptoms and those symptoms are listed on their site.

Are you saying that, there are states not following the CDC guidelines regarding who to test and/or following FDA rules/approval on what drugs to administer?

I will refrain from descending low into the gutters with you, you can remain down there and wallow in them for as long as you desire; they shows the class you belong to, and clearly exhibits the substance you are made of.
Re: COVID-19: Nigeria Confirms Five New Cases, Total Now 51 by jaminson(m): 10:40am On Apr 24, 2020
It is a little strange that in Nigeria is so small a number of COVID infections. Till today are only 600+ cases. Is the medicine in Nigeria so developed? In my state, the situation is very scary. Very many infected are in our town. For our safety we've bought some tests of covid from https://www.confirmbiosciences.com because if the first symptoms will appear we have to react immediately because it is very important to start to treat it as soon as possible.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

11-year-old Girl With Massive Boobs In Sierra Leone Undergoes Surgery (PHOTOS) / Coronavirus In Nigeria: FCT, 8 States At High Risk - WHO / How Can Lime Be Used For Weight Loss?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.