Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: (27762 Views)

Enugu Airport Runway Death Trap - MD. OAS Helicopters / Coming To The Uk: Is It Easier To Come To Uk As A Spouse Than As A Student? / The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by TitanMoon: 10:09pm On Dec 30, 2010
If you knew all that then why then have you being crying blood since u registered in the forum?

I meant will not make a difference to organised immigration crimes, did you not see that I qouted you. I am willing to bet you are not British born and bred, you are obviously nigerian which explains your completel lack of cognitive thought. Africans really are the mots stupid people on the planet.
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by justwise(m): 10:17pm On Dec 30, 2010
TitanMoon:

If you knew all that then why then have you being crying blood since u registered in the forum?

I meant will not make a difference to organised immigration crimes, did you not see that I qouted you. I am willing to bet you are not British born and bred, you are obviously nigerian which explains your completel lack of cognitive thought. Africans really are the mots silly people on the planet.

Yes u quoted one line of my post and went on to make a fool of urself.

. . .and if ur attitude here represent how British pple behave then being a Nigerian is the best thing that can happen to anybody.
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by justwise(m): 10:25pm On Dec 30, 2010
TitanMoon:

I meant will not make a difference to organised immigration crimes, did you not see that I qouted you. I am willing to bet you are not British born and bred, you are obviously nigerian which explains your completel lack of cognitive thought. Africans really are the mots silly people on the planet.

Learn how to use the 'qoute' function, its actually free of charge, i'm sure that the word: 'Free' is very familiar to u as a typical British leaves on benefit.
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by snowdrops(m): 10:47pm On Dec 30, 2010
TitanMoon

don't derail this debate. Its about the pitfalls of UK student visa, not an opportunity for you to gloat. If so better start another thread somewhere else OK. This send all immigrants home syndrome by some so-called fortunate fellow immigrant make me sick.
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by tpia1: 3:38am On Dec 31, 2010
you are obviously nigerian which explains your complete lack of cognitive thought

rather a general statement.
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by Xorcyst(m): 9:22am On Dec 31, 2010
Africans really are the mots silly people on the planet.

If cognitive thot is what we lack, coming from someone who just put these quoted line together, ild rather lack that than have what youre packing. i aint british born n bred, but nothing stops me from spending my hard earned money on your schools and vacationing so that your govt can maintain your feeding and up keep. if you've ever heard of the service provider-customer relationship then it wont be so hard for you to understand. but if youre trying to grasp and your head is hurting!!! just give it a rest
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by tunnytox(m): 7:18pm On Dec 31, 2010
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by koksy(f): 6:31pm On Jan 01, 2011
@poster, What about the Tier 2 Visa, is this going to change as well?
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by kidonig: 12:53am On Jan 03, 2011
I am happy to see the debate this issue has sparked up so far. I will be helpful to people intending to come to the UK if people who are already on ground will give them the info to help them make an informed choice.

koksy:

@poster, What about the Tier 2 Visa, is this going to change as well?

Yes. They are proposing a 20,700 annual limit on Tier 2 visas and they want to break the link between Tier 2 and Indefinite leave to remain but it is not cleat so far, how they plan to do this. They also will not give visas lasting 1 or more years to Tier 2 people if their annual salary is not up to 40, 000 pounds.

There is a lot more to come by April but I have just included this link to give you more info. Just click the link and it will take you to the UK immigration website. Cheers

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsfragments/35-t1-t2-annual-limits
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by uncletucco: 5:50am On Jan 03, 2011
?
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by justwise(m): 10:30am On Jan 03, 2011
uncletucco:

@Author

I am suppose to travel to Scotland for my msc. in the next two weeks.i know its not going to be easy and besides[b] i wanna come back home as soon as i am thru,[/b] i expect to have saved up a little change by then, but this thread's got me scared a bit, yea

Think long and hard about it, its not going to be easy, we all said we are going home after graduating but end up staying more yrs after.
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by kidonig: 1:39pm On Jan 03, 2011
Yeah. I was entertaining the thought of going home during my studies but the goings-on in Nigeria has pushed that thought away.

If you are really hoping to go back as soon as you finish and I repeat, as soon as you finish and if you have saved enough to carry you through your programme, then you don't have anything to worry about. But if you are planning to stay back for a second longer, I can assure you that you will be disappointed and will remember this thread then.

I know many people who have finished their masters and their PSW who are not able to meet the £50,000 that is required for HSMP and have now realised that they have wasted their time in this stupid place and have lost all their links in 9ja while they were here.

I will be happy to answer any questions from anyone on this matter.

Meanwhile, good luck my friend.
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 03, 2011
thank u guys for the indepth anaysis i was very sad when i was denied visa 2007 but am happy that i didnt blow up my 2.5 million to become depth trap am still in nijia my pay is still in my account and am working for the govt with no debt not even a kobo i became suspicious when the student were protesting violently over 9000 pounds and the fucking embassy is telling all tier 4 applicant that we must have 13000 and 7200 pound that 20000 pound get visa and another 50000 pound to move to hsmp .think canada is just the answer with school like university of new found land,regina as low as 3000 dollar with no tofel for graduate of some nijia university and work permit with the length of ur studies and the visa is even 1700 k and not 55 k like the u.k even gradute from u.k,ireland are moving
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by reindeer: 8:41pm On Jan 03, 2011
Alikote:

thank u guys for the indepth anaysis i was very sad when i was denied visa 2007 but am happy that i didnt blow up my 2.5 million to become depth trap am still in nijia my pay is still in my account and am working for the govt with no debt not even a kobo i became suspicious when the student were protesting violently over 9000 pounds and the bleeping embassy is telling all tier 4 applicant that we must have 13000 and 7200 pound that 20000 pound get visa and another 50000 pound to move to hsmp .think canada is just the answer with school like university of new found land,regina as low as 3000 dollar with no tofel for graduate of some nijia university and work permit with the length of your studies and the visa is even 1700 k and not 55 k like the u.k even gradute from u.k,ireland are moving

Very true talk.Folks are moving from the Uk now to places like canada.Most people in the UK have no way of raising 9k pounds, it's quite easy to tell foreign students to cough up the money as they will go to any lengths to get a visa. I do believe that in the not too distant picture when the level of student applicants fall and money streams dry up somewhat, the laws may be reviewed. Only time will tell though.
If ony we could get education right in Nigeria, just imagine the thousands of Nigerian students in the UK paying at least 10pounds each for masters and imagine how much money have left the Nigerian Economy especially in the last ten years.
Shame on our leaders
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by debosky(m): 10:04pm On Jan 03, 2011
@ kidonig

Where is the requirement for £50,000 stated? Can you provide a link?
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 03, 2011
debosky:

@ kidonig

Gbam !

This thread is nothing else but speculations and speculations with some traces of falsehood.
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jan 03, 2011
kidonig:

I have been meaning to write this post for sometime now. First of all, I am living in the UK now having studied here

so you studied in the UK, currently working and living in the UK and you do not want others to come as well and be like you

kidonig:

yeah. I was entertaining the thought of going home during my studies but the goings-on in Nigeria has pushed that thought away

so you are still in the UK. yet you are discouraging others from coming? undecided
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by justwise(m): 10:50pm On Jan 03, 2011
size12:

Gbam !

This thread is nothing else but speculations and speculations with some traces of falsehood.

There are some 'truth' in those speculations.

Read the proposal here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsfragments/35-t1-t2-annual-limits
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by tunnytox(m): 11:02pm On Jan 03, 2011
size12:

Gbam !

If I may ask are you presently in the UK? I doubt if anyone currently residing in the UK will call these mere speculations.
The link below is the policy guidance for applying for a tier 1 general visa please check the required income that will enable you to earn enough points and come back to tell us whether you still think its a speculation.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/t1-general-guidance.pdf
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by tunnytox(m): 11:06pm On Jan 03, 2011
Thanks to the OP of this thread, truth is bitter but my sincere advice to several ambitious Nigerians is EXCEPT YOU HAVE SOME MONEY TO WASTE DON'T COME TO THE UK TO STUDY, THERE IS A GREAT POSSIBILITY THAT YOU'LL REGRET IT! simples!
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by kidonig: 12:50am On Jan 04, 2011
debosky:

@ kidonig

Debosky, please click the link that the other guy just pasted or go to the point calculator in the UKBA website to have a good read. The bad thing now though is that they have permanently suspended Tier 1 General visas from outside the UK. See this link: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/tier1/general/

So even if you wanted to apply from outside the UK, you will not be able to do that now. You can only come in on the Tier 2 visa which will be limited based on the quota to 20,700 per annum.
size12:

so you studied in the UK, currently working and living in the UK and you do not want others to come as well and be like you 

so you are still in the UK. yet you are discouraging others from coming?  undecided

Why do you think that your coming to the UK will affect anything I do? Its a big country and you will rarely have time to say hi to your close friends even over the phone. When I came here, it was relatively easier to get the Tier 1 as the stringent conditions now in place were not there. I only needed to have earned £25,000 in the last tax year to qualify. Now, if you look at their criteria as I pasted in the link above, you will see that even if you are in the UK and are able to apply before April, 2011, it will be though to make the amount of money they are asking you to make.

So again, I will the happiest person if a lot of 9ja folks fall in here but I am just warning people who do not have enough information and are being deceived by smooth talking education sales reps who come to 9ja and try to use their British accent to fool unsuspecting and naive Nigerians to come here for studies.

I am still open to more questions if you doubt anything I have written here.
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by Epiphany(m): 1:31am On Jan 04, 2011
size12:

so you are still in the UK. yet you are discouraging others from coming? undecided

I am also in the UK. I studied here and am currently working and living here. I share the same sentiments with the poster and WILL NOT ENCOURAGE anyone i know to come here - to work or study. My advice will be to find another country to go to. For now, Canada SEEMS to be a good place to go to. Things are becoming very uncertain and tight here in the UK and because of that, i have set a single goal for myself - as soon as my current contract ends in the next 4 years, I AM OUT OF HERE whether things change or not.
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by tpia1: 5:35am On Jan 04, 2011

so you are still in the UK. yet you are discouraging others from coming?

are you following the news at all?

are you aware europe and the western world are in the middle of a serious recession which no one knows how to get out of?
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by Vicjustice: 8:45am On Jan 04, 2011
No matter how bad the reccession seems, there are still people who got achievements in it.
   I will not discourage people from coming to Europe as long as they have legitimate reasons to come, and even if the gravity of the recession is 10 times more, the UK will still be better than Nigeria in every regard.
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by tunnytox(m): 11:45am On Jan 04, 2011
@Vicjustice
The fact remains that most of the legitimate means to permanent migration to many of these Western countries especially the UK has been blocked. And since an average Nigerian want to immigrate permanently it is only right to alert them to this new development.
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 04, 2011
tunnytox:

tunnytox link=topic=575600.msg7455759#msg7455759 date=1294092392:

Thanks to the OP of this thread, truth is bitter but my sincere advice to several ambitious Nigerians is EXCEPT YOU HAVE SOME MONEY TO WASTE DON'T COME TO THE UK TO STUDY, THERE IS A GREAT POSSIBILITY THAT YOU'LL REGRET IT! simples!
@Vicjustice
The fact remains that most of the legitimate means to permanent migration to many of these Western countries especially the UK has been blocked. And since an average Nigerian want to immigrate permanently it is only right to alert them to this new development.
Well you have no right to conclude for anyone that decides to come here to study. After his studies it really is up to him as an individual to explore what further options are available to him. Anyway prospective university students are still able to come and study in England notwithstanding the clampdown on other migration routes
However it is utter nonsense for you or anyone else for that matter to discourage anyone from coming to study in England because of a general cyclical recession.
Why are you still here by the way
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by tunnytox(m): 12:39pm On Jan 04, 2011
You are arguing out of context!where in any of my post did you see me mention recession as the reason for discouraging Nigerians? The fact remains that most Nigerians are coming here not with the sole intention of studying but also to migrate permanently and since most of these routes are closed it only makes sense to alert them. Its not your business to ask me why I'm still here the fact remains that I'm here legitimately and will only encourage people to migrate legitimately. I have nothing to lose or gain if many Nigerians want to come here to study in fact the more the merrier but my advice is if you know within yourself that your aim is to immigrate think twice before you come here, I know that one day some obstinate people will remember this thread.
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by shilling(f): 12:39pm On Jan 04, 2011
tunnytox:

@Vicjustice
I agree with you. Canada seems to be the best bet or anyone who wants to migrate, the US also has "issues".
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by juzme: 1:24pm On Jan 04, 2011
I guess the OP made hiself clear in his posts. He is not discouraging anyone rather he is placing a warming sign for anyone who wishes to come to UK for study. And the truth of the matter is that most Nigerians that move to Uk for their studies do not actually want to go back home after their studies. The same with Indians.
Apart from the recession, UK government is making it quite difficult for anyone who wishes to settled in UK and not only those who want to study but different categories of people who wishes to settled in UK. E.g. even people who married UK citizen or eu citizen are finding it difficult as well.
Yes, I agree you cannot compare UK with Nigeria. But it will be good that anyone who want to come to Uk for study know that if you want to settle in Uk after your study that it is no longer easy.
It will be better for you to have a concrete plans for yourself even if you want to move to any countries for your studies.
Personally, I cannot encourage those people whose family are not rich in Nigeria to move to UK for their study at the moment execpt their family are ready to pay all their tution fees and living throughout their stay in UK.
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by justwise(m): 1:28pm On Jan 04, 2011
juzme:

I guess the OP made hiself clear in his posts. He is not discouraging anyone rather he is placing a warming sign for anyone who wishes to come to UK for study. And the truth of the matter is that most Nigerians that move to Uk for their studies do not actually want to go back home after their studies. The same with Indians. Apart from the recession, UK government is making it quite difficult for anyone who wishes to settled in UK and not only those who want to study but different categories of people who wishes to settled in UK. E.g. even people who married UK citizen or eu citizen are finding it difficult as well. Yes, I agree you cannot compare UK with Nigeria. But it will be good that anyone who want to come to Uk for study know that if you want to settle in Uk after your study that it is no longer easy. It will be better for you to have a concrete plans for yourself even if you want to move to any countries for your studies. Personally, I cannot encourage those people whose family are not rich in Nigeria to move to UK for their study at the moment execpt their family are ready to pay all their tution fees and living throughout their stay in UK.
Very good point there, cos with that millions spent in a yr in the UK without any guarantee of job after graduation, that poor family can start a good business in Nigeria with it.
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jan 04, 2011
juzme:

I guess the OP made hiself clear in his posts. He is not discouraging anyone rather he is placing a warming sign for anyone who wishes to come to UK for study. And the truth of the matter is that most Nigerians that move to Uk for their studies do not actually want to go back home after their studies. The same with Indians.
Apart from the recession, UK government is making it quite difficult for anyone who wishes to settled in UK and not only those who want to study but different categories of people who wishes to settled in UK. E.g. even people who married UK citizen or eu citizen are finding it difficult as well.
Yes, I agree you cannot compare UK with Nigeria. But it will be good that anyone who want to come to Uk for study know that if you want to settle in Uk after your study that it is no longer easy.
It will be better for you to have a concrete plans for yourself even if you want to move to any countries for your studies.
Personally, I cannot encourage those people whose family are not rich in Nigeria to move to UK for their study at the moment execpt their family are ready to pay all their tution fees and living throughout their stay in UK.
AGAIN I HAVE TO SAY THAT YOU HAVE NOT MADE ANY POINT AT ALL. At the end of the day it is strictly up to the student as to what to do with himself after his studies. There are many options and choices available to such a person so everything is not about "going back home".
As for your last point it is still preposterous as international students in ANY Western country are all expected  to pay the full economic costs of their tuition in addition to living expenses.
Re: The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: by justwise(m): 2:15pm On Jan 04, 2011
tensor777:

AGAIN I HAVE TO SAY THAT YOU HAVE NOT MADE ANY POINT AT ALL. At the end of the day it is strictly up to the student as to what to do with himself after his studies. There are many options and choices available to such a person so everything is not about "going back home".
As for your last point it is still preposterous as international students in ANY Western country are all expected to pay the full economic costs of their tuition in addition to living expenses.

I think the point of this thread is to educate those Nigerians who have high expectations of the UK b4 going there to lower their expectation and take more realistical approach. Its more difficult to change your mind after getting to the UK pay so much then realise that all are not as it seems b4 his or her embarked on that journey. The stories of UK you heard 3-4 yrs ago is not the same today. Nobody is discouraging pple from coming to the UK to study, some of us are basically saying: things have changed, look at the situation now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Passengers Escape Death As Two Vehicles Plunge Into Swamp In Enugu (Photos) / How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja / US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.