Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,560 members, 7,955,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:19 PM

What Is The Psychology Of Criminals - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / What Is The Psychology Of Criminals (413 Views)

What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? / Photos Of Criminals Called Customs Who Invaded And Killed 3 In Ibarapa / Photos Of Criminals Arrested By Police In Kano And Weapons Recovered. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Psychology Of Criminals by danvon(m): 4:10pm On Mar 26, 2020
Let me narrate in my primary and secondary school there were lots of bullies there never for a single day was I bullied but my elder brother was always all the time I never thought much about why he was always getting into trouble

Okay fast forward to this week on Monday I was walking alone at night when some guys stopped me that they want to talk, I already knew this guys were either cultists or armed robbers I just ignored them and kept on walking

Now on Tuesday I was coming back from somewhere in the night when one guy walked up to me and begged me to lend him my phone that's his card has finished and so on...

Now the problem was this guy was a cultist I knew because he did the same trick on me two years earlier, I gave him my phone and I landed in trouble, in the end they took all the money I was with...

I was partially annoyed and surprised at the same time

I was annoyed because this guy didn't remember me (if your going to rob people atleast cram their face incase of revenge) perhaps this guy felt my face wasn't worth remembering

I was surprised because they out numbered me 4 to 1, the road had little light they could just easily beat me up and take my phone or money and yet they didn't do it, the guy kept on begging me for my phone till I walked away ignoringhim

This is what made me write this post

Is there something about me that is attracting criminals to my side?

Why did they not just beat me up? do they obey a rule that says don't attack stingy people, attack only those that give you the phone?

This things are really puzzling
Re: What Is The Psychology Of Criminals by ylaa(f): 4:28pm On Mar 26, 2020
Bros, this is not about criminal psychology or your personality. It is the Grace of God upon your life. You are a carrier of God's Grace. The mark of TOUCH NOT is upon you. Don't misuse it.

quote author=danvon post=87787687]
Let me narrate in my primary and secondary school there were lots of bullies there never for a single day was I bullied but my elder brother was always all the time I never thought much about why he was always getting into trouble

Okay fast forward to this week on Monday I was walking alone at night when some guys stopped me that they want to talk, I already knew this guys were either cultists or armed robbers I just ignored them and kept on walking

Now on Tuesday I was coming back from somewhere in the night when one guy walked up to me and begged me to lend him my phone that's his card has finished and so on...

Now the problem was this guy was a cultist I knew because he did the same trick on me two years earlier, I gave him my phone and I landed in trouble, in the end they took all the money I was with...

I was partially annoyed and surprised at the same time

I was annoyed because this guy didn't remember me (if your going to rob people atleast cram their face incase of revenge) perhaps this guy felt my face wasn't worth remembering

I was surprised because they out numbered me 4 to 1, the road had little light they could just easily beat me up and take my phone or money and yet they didn't do it, the guy kept on begging me for my phone till I walked away ignoringhim

This is what made me write this post

Is there something about me that is attracting criminals to my side?

Why did they not just beat me up? do they obey a rule that says don't attack stingy people, attack only those that give you the phone?

This things are really puzzling [/quote]
Re: What Is The Psychology Of Criminals by danvon(m): 4:35pm On Mar 26, 2020
ylaa:
Bros, this is not about criminal psychology or your personality. It is the Grace of God upon your life. You are a carrier of God's Grace. The mark of TOUCH NOT is upon you. Don't misuse it.

I'm not disputing God but they touched me the first time, and if I was carried away with love of my neighbor I would have given the guy my phone again

I think God wants me to learn from my mistakes to become better, that's what I'm trying to do
Re: What Is The Psychology Of Criminals by ylaa(f): 4:36pm On Mar 26, 2020
Ok.

quote author=danvon post=87788402]

I'm not disputing God but they touched me the first time, and if I was carried away with love of my neighbor I would have given the guy my phone again

I think God wants me to learn from my mistakes to become better, that's what I'm trying to do[/quote]
Re: What Is The Psychology Of Criminals by Donemmy(m): 5:20pm On Mar 26, 2020
Criminals are rational thinkers in their trade driven about what we called hedonistic rationalism to weigh the cost benefit of their actions. A typical criminal will always prefer victim of lesser resistance. The easiness of executing criminal intent is key in criminal motivation. Why should i spend my time on a resistant & uncooperative wise potential victim when there are other potential easy victims.
At first you willingly sorrunder your phone indicating you wasn't learned, @second incident, you're learned, you resist their record & it was obvious to them.
Also, such criminals deal with so many random targets as a result it might be difficult keeping record of all their victim appearance.
Re: What Is The Psychology Of Criminals by danvon(m): 5:33pm On Mar 26, 2020
Donemmy:
Criminals are rational thinkers in their trade driven about what we called hedonistic rationalism to weigh the cost benefit of their actions. A typical criminal will always prefer victim of lesser resistance. The easiness of executing criminal intent is key in criminal motivation. Why should i spend my time on a resistant & uncooperative wise potential victim when there are other potential easy victims.
At first you willingly sorrunder your phone indicating you wasn't learned, @second incident, you're learned, you resist their record & it was obvious to them.
Also, such criminals deal with so many random targets as a result it might be difficult keeping record of all their victim appearance.
Wow thanks, explains a lot

Especially that random part

(1) (Reply)

Ogun Police Arrest Two Men For Stealing N3m Telecom Back Up Batteries / Man Shot During Sapele Stay At Home Lockdown Protest / do good

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.