Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

What To Learn As A Newbie Developer,and How To Learn It Fast And Effectively - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What To Learn As A Newbie Developer,and How To Learn It Fast And Effectively (805 Views)

How To Download 1688 App And Install On Android, Iphone Fast And Easy 2022 / What To Learn As An App Developer, How To Learn It Fast And Effectively / It's Compovine Easter Promo! Get It Fast, With Absolute Peace Of Mind + Delivery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Learn As A Newbie Developer,and How To Learn It Fast And Effectively by Nobody: 9:56pm On Mar 26, 2020
Hello guys, due to the partial self isolation, iikinda became bored...I played PES, created a few boothstrap templates, and played chess but still I couldn't exhaust my boredom.
Special shout-out all those who are in my shoes and are a lil scared of the potending fate of the world, "don't worry the world isn't going to end just yet".
Back to the reason for the post.......
I actually noticed that so many newbie/amateur programmers don't actually know the sequence of which they are to learn the programming languages to bring them to perfection in the branch of programming they are interested in, they just learn any language or framework bcus its related to thier field,or d developers on that field are well paid or (most times) bcus it is easier to start with..� dey end up learning a bunch of unrelated languages or maybe related but not useful to work together with...for example what use is PHP or python to am Android developer ?, not much!!, If it isn't going to be useful to u, den why waste your time to learn it....?
In this post I will try to use my personal experience (in mostly web) to guide you on how to become the developer you want to be step by step without wasting time on irrelevant languages.
One thing about learning a bunch of unrelated stuff is dat u keep on learning and prolong your earning...and in 9ja when u don't earn from what u are learning your moral won't be very high.. besides everything u learn at any stage should perfectly complement and help u make the next stage of what u are building easier...dear is nothing wrong with increasing your earning at each stage b4 u,boom!! Bcome d millionaire developer u wish to be.
Without any further ado . let's bounce!!

MODIFIED.....

I will start with webdevelopers

B4 learning to be a website developer...u MUST I mean MUST...know how to find ure way through graphics softwares( like, coreldraw, Photoshop,and illustrator) except u just want to focus on backend..this will enable u understand the colors blending and object manipulation,
Notice , how most graphics designers turned webdevelopers are good...?
Yes, they understand what it means to give sleeknes and responsiveness to a web app no matter how complex it is....
Take JAMB website as an example.. it has high end algorithms working at the backend..but If u view the homepage and gallery on mobile..its very disappointing...
Y...?
Because the developer hasn't been able to fuse design and presentation to his or her coding skills...
Some developers dont Even know wen to use hamburger menu on desktop..( I rest my case).
So for website developers d first step is..
1.MASTER URE GRAPHICS AND LAYOUT PRESENTATION.
this will take u less than 2 weeks..learn it simultaneously with HTML and CSS...try to create design mockups on illustrator or Photoshop and code it..(ie markup)with HTML and CSS also spend time viewing beautiful and ugly sites and taking notes...
People will call u boss Even b4 u move to d next stage..
At this stage..designing sleek and mature designs on CMS (i.e WordPress and the likes) will be like paper to u bcu u are accustomed to graphics software....
Of course u can earn...at least 15k per site isn't too much..��⛹️⛹️..
Typing...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Learn As A Newbie Developer,and How To Learn It Fast And Effectively by Parablesonmarble: 10:07pm On Mar 26, 2020
Keep it coming.....highly interested.

1 Like

Re: What To Learn As A Newbie Developer,and How To Learn It Fast And Effectively by Grandlord: 10:15pm On Mar 26, 2020
Following cool
Re: What To Learn As A Newbie Developer,and How To Learn It Fast And Effectively by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 26, 2020
I decided to break it so notifications can show for does following..�
2.LEARN BOOTHSTRAP AND SASS
I know after you have learned HTML and CSS u're kidneys will be happy and pushing u to jump into JavaScript straight away...

No sir..!!(or ma)!

Learn u're boothstrap especially ..u can even forget SASS ...
Boothstrap introduces u to how frameworks work and help u to stop stressing u'reself coding both for desktop and mobile (tireing)....it also enables u create hamburger menus without giving u stress.....witch u would be dieing to create on u're own after using it on several of ure Photoshop or illustrator mockups..u may have even have saw it on a Wordpress theme and didn't like how it was placed..and u decided to creatively create u're own... boothstrap..will help u do all does without any hassle.... your foundation in boothstrap will help u to understand react or angular.. (which are similar only more advanced)better.
It helps u to see that u don't have to do everything from scratch and by yourself...... Believe me dahs one of the issues facing newbies to react and angular.
SASS on the other hand reminds u dat css can really look like a serious programming language(Asin with loops,if else and shit)
SASS will make life easier for u in CSS...
Now lemme drop a secret...
Dear is a drag and drop boothstrap builder called MOBIRISE...all u have to do is do a rough design of close to what u want and simply add some additional slaps,kicks and blows with ure boothstrap skills and meeen u will blow the mind of ure clients with a design dat is unique , clean and original in less than a day.
U wont have to code everything...all u have to do is do d initial rough sketch..(mobirise has issues with fitting pictures at the center of divs)..after dat.. arrange it with ure already aquired knowledge of boothstrap...easy and smooth..!!..

Modified..

with dis I don't have tell u to increase the price u charge for websites to maybe 30-50k...(u will know deep inside dat u worth it)..
However if u have built for 15k b4...I know u must have gained enough experience on the web development market..as u progress in LEARNING OO

2 Likes

Re: What To Learn As A Newbie Developer,and How To Learn It Fast And Effectively by Nobody: 11:30pm On Mar 26, 2020
3.HOW TO LEARN JAVASCRIPT!
when u want to start with ure javascript training...I want to assume u can now build and host a basic website with either CMS or boothstrap,or native HTML and CSS ( hail una oo).
When learning JavaScript... focus on these areas below first be moving to frontend frameworks..

A.first learn your basic JavaScript peripherals.. especially Dom manipulation for styling ,arrow functions, arrays and lists...den object oriented programming....

B. Learn jQuery, jQuery will help u do most of the stuff u need in javascript easier, note learn u're main javascript well first, JQUERY CAN MAKE U LAZY

C. Learn an animation engin for JavaScript....yes lll
A website isn't fully responsive without animation, besides they are cool, and dey blow the mind of most clients...anime.js, velocity.js,typed.js(dropping a tutorial on dis soon) are cool starting points...
When u have mastered the above plus jQuery...your websites will be madly responsive.....asin very very...
Nobody will even know dat u don't know react or angular...if u are creative enough... everyone will be calling u "chairmo","ladycodes", "babnla" and so forth...u will be able to create nice frontend that people will admire....
And u can even start making money from selling boothstrap templates on themeforest....if u are a professional and u are reading dis post u will agree with me...that animation (velocity.js,anime.js) + responsiveness (boothstrap)+ JavaScript tweking...is = a site dat atleat will make the average not-too- techy client shout maddoo..

Its obvious dat u will raise u're development price to 90-150k
Based on the fact dat with or without clients u can sell templates and raise money...���

Bytestream and money are friends lollllzzz

2 Likes

Re: What To Learn As A Newbie Developer,and How To Learn It Fast And Effectively by Nobody: 11:53pm On Mar 26, 2020
If u have followed the posts so far, u won't have issues learning angular or react .bcus the money, motivation and kick will be dear
And off course u can't leave off node.js when Learning does....but lemme drop a fact....(I know some people will disagree)
After becoming a frontend developer (boothstrap,react or angular ) don't focus on to learn node.js as a backend driver no matter the pressure, don't even learn python (flask or Django) NEVER !! DON'T LEARN DEM NOW!!

LEARN BABA PHP�
why ?
Because ist d easiest to Install on most servers and cpanel...if u have hosted b4...try to search to install node.js through softcuous...it would not even be dear not to talk of install the normal way...sear se Django..( d came things) but search cake or codeigniter...it will pop up joyfully..and install with ease...
What does dis tell u...?
Php is indispensable for not- too- big projects.. except u want to stress ureself...

Learn PHP 7 and 1 or 2 of its frameworks ( preferably cake and codeigniter)...not only will u save u'reself stress,and save money, dear is also a large market for cake and codeigniter developers.....
And php gives u a good intro into backend best..u can den call u'reself full stack..lol

U can decide to start creating WordPress themes.....and selling scripts...

Nobody has to tell u to increase u're price�����

2 Likes

Re: What To Learn As A Newbie Developer,and How To Learn It Fast And Effectively by Nobody: 12:03am On Mar 27, 2020
Lastly in this thread.....u can den learn anyitany framework or language like python,node.js,Ruby,.net to corroborate the foundation you already have..
Its night here and am sleepy...
I will create another thread to appraise dis one for mobile app developers......
For any questions...just mention me.....
Newton was born out of a pandemic ( influenza) you too can be a better programmer during this corona virus pandemic....stay safe

2 Likes

Re: What To Learn As A Newbie Developer,and How To Learn It Fast And Effectively by PreciousDev: 4:38am On Mar 27, 2020
Nice thread op...my question is how we get clients this season?
Re: What To Learn As A Newbie Developer,and How To Learn It Fast And Effectively by Grandlord: 5:19am On Mar 27, 2020
Bytestream:
Lastly in this thread.....u can den learn anyitany framework or language like python,node.js,Ruby,.net to corroborate the foundation you already have..
Its night here and am sleepy...
I will create another thread to appraise dis one for mobile app developers......
For any questions...just mention me.....
Newton was born out of a pandemic ( influenza) you too can be a better programmer during this corona virus pandemic....stay safe
Beautiful learning path you've outlined here OP. Nice work.

I'm however looking forward to the thread on mobile app development. Should I learn native or hybrid? Java or Kotlin?
Re: What To Learn As A Newbie Developer,and How To Learn It Fast And Effectively by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 27, 2020
Grandlord:
Beautiful learning path you've outlined here OP. Nice work.

I'm however looking forward to the thread on mobile app development. Should I learn native or hybrid? Java or Kotlin?
Check my profile I have dropped it

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

3+ Best Cloud Based POS Systems For Restaurants – Free & Premium / Any Body To Show Me The Way To Host My Host Just Design Website / Learning Multimedia Web Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.