Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,134 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

What's The Best Advice You've Received From Your Parent Or An Elderly Person? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Best Advice You've Received From Your Parent Or An Elderly Person? (224 Views)

How's Your Relationship With Your Parent / When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? / What's The Highest Amount You've Received As Gift? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Best Advice You've Received From Your Parent Or An Elderly Person? by SyrusdeHansome(m): 8:11am On Mar 27, 2020
One day my dad sat me nd my siblings down 4 morning prayer. B4 prayer we normally had a short sermon. So this morning my dad was advising us on how to choose a career.
He gave us one advice that I don't think I'll ever forget 4 de rest of my life. He said, my children never aspire to bcom a civil servant because if u do you'll never be wealthy. Mind u my dad was a secondary school teacher so he knew why he said that. Till today that piece of advice is still influencing my behavior. I can never become a civil servant.

Pls note that I'm not in any way trying to look down on pple that are civil servants. My dad was a secondary school principal and my mom is a primary school teacher, so I know why I can never toe that path.

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Advice You've Received From Your Parent Or An Elderly Person? by 1realBobby(m): 8:16am On Mar 27, 2020
Let me think
Re: What's The Best Advice You've Received From Your Parent Or An Elderly Person? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 8:17am On Mar 27, 2020
As much as I agree, working in a better economy has tremendous benefits for a civil servant
For me, the best advice I was given was for covid 19(2 Tim 2:13) saying God will remain faithful weda I believe it or not and covid19 will be rooted out of this nation

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Advice You've Received From Your Parent Or An Elderly Person? by SyrusdeHansome(m): 8:20am On Mar 27, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:
As much as I agree, working in a better economy has tremendous benefits for a civil servant
For me, the best advice I was given was for covid 19(2 Tim 2:13) saying God will remain faithful weda I believe it or not and covid19 will be rooted out of this nation

Amen
Re: What's The Best Advice You've Received From Your Parent Or An Elderly Person? by donbachi(m): 8:23am On Mar 27, 2020
Dat men will surely fail me...but GOD will never fail me if I put my trust in him.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Don't Go Down / Don't Let Her Run Away From You You Need To Make Her / How To Add More Value To Your Children In This Lockdown Period(kid Discover Tab)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.