Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,185 members, 7,811,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

How's Your Relationship With Your Parent - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How's Your Relationship With Your Parent (12526 Views)

When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? / How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man / I Destroyed My Sister Relationship With Her Fiancé And She Lost Her Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by Purvan(m): 11:53am On Sep 22, 2023
i just tell people they are dead even though they are alive and live well after ruining my life

14 Likes

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by EMILO2STAY(m): 11:59am On Sep 22, 2023
I can relate. I bet that motivated you to achieve more in life.

7 Likes

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by wittywriter: 12:06pm On Sep 22, 2023
Purvan:
i just tell people they are dead even though they are alive and live well after ruining my life
EMILO2STAY:
I can relate. I bet that motivated you to achieve more in life.
zoeymikey:
Wahala for people wey get parents.
Well,i lost mom 2013 and dad 2014.
so no relationship

Wittyness

1 Like

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by falcon01: 12:11pm On Sep 22, 2023
I don't blame people who cut off their parents to do their iwn thing.
Most Nigerian parents are very insensitive especially the fathers, if you have a father that loves and support you, just hold them tight and Thank God.

126 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by Kaxmytex(m): 1:54pm On Sep 22, 2023
R'ship with my dad was kinda mixed feeling before he passed on, still heart him big time....

But my mom, she's such an angel, she can never go wrong in my face....

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by MummyGoodluck81: 1:54pm On Sep 22, 2023
smiley
Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by Calabar1stSon: 1:55pm On Sep 22, 2023
Both deceased long time ago.
Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by Vijuchoco(f): 1:55pm On Sep 22, 2023
Bitter sweet with my father

One minute he's making you laugh hard, next minute he'll give reasons to cry

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by mejetov422: 1:55pm On Sep 22, 2023
My heart goes to people with No parents...
Even some of us that our parents are still living we still find it hard to visit them.

Distant silence

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by minakom: 1:56pm On Sep 22, 2023
With my mother, perfect.
Father, not heard from him for 19 years.

With my kids. Awsome and so shall it be till my last breath

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by dosage150(m): 1:56pm On Sep 22, 2023
We can only talk about my mother (who gave 6 of us "life")

I can't make mention of my dad
My folks wonder most atimes

2 Likes

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by Draslo(m): 1:56pm On Sep 22, 2023
Barely talk to my dad about anything. We used to be very close when I was a kid until the day he gave me a scar nobody can miss when they see me. He flogged me thinking I was lying only to find out later I was telling the truth. He never apologized. I love my mom but I limit what I share with her cos na man I be

This scar dey mess with my self esteem badly even till today. I've had women tell me without the scar, aesthetically, I would be perfect.

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by bigdammyj: 1:56pm On Sep 22, 2023
Reading...
Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by jojothaiv(m): 1:56pm On Sep 22, 2023
Hardly calls but we are on good note.

Hustle don make me ditch their side a long time ago, I can't sit down with them and expect the bills not to keep on piling.

dosage150:
We can only talk about my mother (who gave 6 of us "life"wink

I can't make mention of my dad
My folks wonder most atimes
You make me wonder too.

mejetov422:
My heart goes to people with No parents...
Even some of us that our parents are still living we still find it hard to visit them.

Distant silence
I had a friend in this shoes too however, man seems to have figure out how to carry about living without making a fuss about them again.

Like you said, distant silence to them!

9 Likes

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by HORLADY(m): 1:56pm On Sep 22, 2023
I love my Dad.
He sacrificed so much for me after loosing Mom at early age.
I pray I am able to show him enough gratitude in his lifetime.

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by Tyktoker: 1:57pm On Sep 22, 2023
Will they ever know how blessed and fortunate they are! Hmmm loving parents/family is just like theory to some of us.
falcon01:
Most Nigerian parents are very insensitive especially the fathers, if you have a father that loves and support you, just hold them tight and Thank God.

16 Likes

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by Neimarjr: 1:57pm On Sep 22, 2023
Very smooth and interesting grin

1 Like

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by iCauseTrouble: 1:57pm On Sep 22, 2023
grin
Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by sacajawea: 1:57pm On Sep 22, 2023
Coxk Sucking!
Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by Gangster1ms: 1:57pm On Sep 22, 2023
With my mom - excellent
With my dad - evil angry

7 Likes

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by raystar96(m): 1:57pm On Sep 22, 2023
falcon01:
I can relate with you properly,my father doesn't even no if I'm alive or not and I love him

7 Likes

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 22, 2023
We have our ups and downs, but we're fine.

My mother can sometimes get on my nerves, but my dad is a cool dad.

23 Likes

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by Cj4charles(m): 1:57pm On Sep 22, 2023
I still got the best even though my dad is late, my mum has always gat my back
Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by Nats12(m): 1:58pm On Sep 22, 2023
Two parallel lines
Don't get me wrong, there's no animosity between us. But our philosophy of life is different so most times we don't agree on so many things.

The good thing is we understand and respect each other's opinions

19 Likes

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by Emma1Oj(m): 1:58pm On Sep 22, 2023
Purvan:
That's too harsh. Better you say, (they are fine!) No matter what you can't change the fact that they are your parents.

No time is too late. Grateful God you are mature now, MAKE THINGS STRAIGHT FOR YOURSELF.

10 Likes

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by AsomStructures: 1:58pm On Sep 22, 2023
Perfect... They're one of a kind. The support, prayers, love and care. I'll still love for them to be my parents if there's anything like another life..
BTW...
See our just concluded 3bedroom bungalow construction if you're about starting your building project.. Link in my signature. Plus we offer building designs and construction services nationwide

4 Likes

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by tiswell(m): 1:58pm On Sep 22, 2023
Purvan:
caused child

1 Like

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by sacajawea: 1:58pm On Sep 22, 2023
It's either you will be honest in response
Or you are too afraid or have not evolved to the point of Saying your true response

2 Likes

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by tiswell(m): 1:59pm On Sep 22, 2023
falcon01:
single mothers induced venom on kids about men

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by tiswell(m): 2:00pm On Sep 22, 2023
Vijuchoco:
Bitter sweet with my father

One minute he's making you laugh hard, next minute he'll give reasons to cry
that's what makes it complete

4 Likes

Re: How's Your Relationship With Your Parent by Farfalla(f): 2:00pm On Sep 22, 2023
Purvan:

Oh dear.

I can't imagine what your parents may have done to you for you to consider them dead, but whatever it is, I hope you find healing. 🙏

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Girl molested Have A Plastic Pipe Inserted Into Her womanliness.... / Do Women Like House-husbands? / A Man Who Expects Good Food & Doesn't Drop Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.