Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Do You Think Mujahid Dokubo-asari Should Be Release? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Think Mujahid Dokubo-asari Should Be Release? (3476 Views)

Katsina Stoning: Niger Delta “ll Retaliate, Says Dokubo Asari / Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? / Mujahid Dokubo Asari; Al Mustapha Must Not Die. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Think Mujahid Dokubo-asari Should Be Release? by MILITIA(f): 11:14pm On Jun 07, 2007
Okay, let's keep hope alive! grin
Re: Do You Think Mujahid Dokubo-asari Should Be Release? by ono(m): 1:31pm On Jun 08, 2007
Ha! even Kola is back. O ma kaabo ke. Ki lo happen? Se ko si wahala? Welcome back.

As per Asari, ehn, they just have to release the man o. You know I will support my people any day - even if the man na Alhaji!

This MILITIA woman, I feel you. I say fire on. There are several posts on the niger delta problems in here that will keep your hairs straight for a while. As for me, I'm tired of discussing them. I agree with you that action not words, is what we need. We have said so much, now it's time to match words with deeds. May God help us.
Re: Do You Think Mujahid Dokubo-asari Should Be Release? by Johnny(m): 2:41pm On Jun 08, 2007
I don't know why we should be debating an issue that, to me, is very simple. You want to debate as to whether or not a rebel and/or militia leader should be released from prison? This's ridiculous!! Some people even say he might be fighting for his right; Which Right is Asari Dokubo fighting for using the guns, kidnapping and blowing up oil pipeline? This's an out-lawed sect in any sane society. The Federal Government should rather be advised to intensify efforts to clamp down on the militia and bring them to extinction completely. Asari Dokubo, like Mugabe, Saddam, Idi Amin and Osama bin Laden, is a tetraheaded monster sent from hell, and the earlier he's tried and executed, the better for the unity of this country. People should be ashamed to negotiate for the release of this bull called man.
Re: Do You Think Mujahid Dokubo-asari Should Be Release? by angel101(f): 4:01pm On Jun 08, 2007
@ Militia
i totally agree with u. the problem we have in the south in particular and in nigeria in general is selfishness and hypocrisy. some people are screaming kill them cos it does not directly affect them or their people.
as for the one who said the niger delta should be shut down and war declared. let me assure u that that will never happen for the simple fact that the country will grind to a halt and the people in power are too greedy and self seeking to let that happen. they have tokeep the region open so that they can keep enriching themselves.
And i also agree with Militia that these militant people should begin kidnapping their governors and their children then they will know that they mean business.
Re: Do You Think Mujahid Dokubo-asari Should Be Release? by angel101(f): 4:03pm On Jun 08, 2007
@ Johnny, u should be ashamed for calling for the execution of a fellow nigerian and how can u even compare Asari to Bin Laden and Saddam?
Re: Do You Think Mujahid Dokubo-asari Should Be Release? by MILITIA(f): 4:18pm On Jun 08, 2007
@angel101

Thank you sista! I say it will get to everyone's turn!  Let all the government contract and money laundering activities finish!  Then people will know what the real issues are!  Some of yo will even be worse than Asari D. with your eyes red with hunger and empty pockets!  cheesy You can only have godfathers and godmothers for so long! People are dying all over Nigeria for lack of health care and lack of social amenities and some think Niger Delta hungry militants are Nigerians problems?  I am indeed arguing with children! sad
Re: Do You Think Mujahid Dokubo-asari Should Be Release? by naijaway(m): 9:21pm On Jun 08, 2007
@johnny, U are a genius. Is unbelieveable how people want to free a mass murder, a tyrant, a terrorist, a greed, and a serious threat to national security. I like the court's judgement today, saying he is a threat to national security. I hope the government pushes it a notch more by clamping down very hard on that part of the country.
People especially patriotic nigerians, anybody that wants nigeria to succeed need to see that this guy and his crew would not stop this madness without some form of containment. Instead of advising the government on where to put effort and some how being a mentor and hope, this crook decided to start something he couldn't end; A mugabe in the making, fake like you are with them only for you to oppress them. Everyone knows our government offical are corrupt and greedy but that doesn't warrant a cultist like dokunbo to claim a national natural resources and on top of that also try to breakaway from the country. To me he got it wrong, he needs to walk away from the country and then if we beg him or force him to stay then we know we are the ones looking for trouble but as for that region it will be part of Nigeria, will always be Nigeria, and will never change from Nigeria.
People can talk and claim that he's fighting for freedom, this guy is fighting for himself whether we like it or not. He is fighting to be the president of that place if we give him the chance then afterwards he's going to strike Nigeria with the money he makes; It sounds ridiculous but it will more crazy when u'll be travelling to the east and have to show ur passport or get killed cuz u'r sensed not to be part of them. They should remember that they are not alot of them and can be cleansed out in days of genuine anger.
Re: Do You Think Mujahid Dokubo-asari Should Be Release? by azorjiu(m): 9:53pm On Jun 08, 2007
Asari went about it in a wrong way.
Calling for a separate state is treason.
Threatning the family of a presiding judge with kidnap and death did not get him anywhere.

The problem of the niger delta will always be a scare on our conscience.
The government should holistically tackle the problem of poverty, environmental pollution and lack of infranstructure in the niger delta.

Having said that, Asari should not be released just to appease the niger delta. He should face the charges against him. He should be granted fair a hearing.

Releasing him to appease the militants will be setting a bad precedence. Yielding to the threats of the militants will only signify cowardice of conscience. Other groups will capitalize on such weakness to perpetrate evil.
Re: Do You Think Mujahid Dokubo-asari Should Be Release? by debosky(m): 9:58pm On Jun 08, 2007
the govt kept the man in jail, in an underground SSS cell instead of in police custody illegally, despite numerous court orders. the govt has flouted its own rules numerous times and has also done wrong things.

Releasing him will be a sign of goodwill to the militants, after all the fighting, there will still be the need to sit down and negotiate eventually, so why not negotiate now?

The current situation cannot be tackled without some form of negotiation with the militants, if they are not carried along the so called infrastructural development will not take place. Release him on bail, or on account of ill health or under whatever guise, if losing face is what the govt is scared of.
Re: Do You Think Mujahid Dokubo-asari Should Be Release? by naijaway(m): 10:05pm On Jun 08, 2007
Releasing him will solidify his threat to the nation. He is not the governor or anyone of significant and contributing importance, he and his gangs are about themselves and also threatening the ibos and other nigerians in the region. He should be tried like they feel and not negotiated with; anyone else that stands for unity, progress and well being of all nigerians but more concerned about the region should be part of the negotiation.
Re: Do You Think Mujahid Dokubo-asari Should Be Release? by degoat: 10:09pm On Jun 08, 2007
Sometimes you can be successful if you play the game the way it's truly played. I support the government to release him with conditions. The man could be used to calm things down in those areas.
Re: Do You Think Mujahid Dokubo-asari Should Be Release? by Iman3(m): 10:12pm On Jun 08, 2007
He is usefull as a bargaining chip.He should be released as part of negotiatitions with the militants
Re: Do You Think Mujahid Dokubo-asari Should Be Release? by degoat: 10:14pm On Jun 08, 2007
@ I-man Now, you're finally seeing the light. Keep it up
Re: Do You Think Mujahid Dokubo-asari Should Be Release? by debosky(m): 10:14pm On Jun 08, 2007
his release should be tied to reduced kidnappings and attacks first, so things can calm down enough for genuine development to take place.

all these claims for his trial will not yield anything, he's been in jail since '05 and they are still discussing bail, when on earth will the trial start if it ever will?

magomago lawyers at it again grin grin
Re: Do You Think Mujahid Dokubo-asari Should Be Release? by tunrexdj(m): 8:48am On Jun 09, 2007
THE FG SHOULD DO NIGERIANS A FAVOUR BY KEEPING ASARI DOKUBO IN WORST CELL THEY VE GOT.THIS GUY IS A KNOWN TERRORIST AND A BIG DISGRACE TO THE NIGERDELTANS.
THE FG GAVE THIS TERRORIST A LIFELINE BY NEGOTIATING WITH HIM,BUT THE DUCK HEAD RENEGED ON HIS AGREEMENT AND WENT ON A HIGH LEVEL VANDALISATION OF OILWELL INSTALLATIONS.PROBABLY ,THE GUY THOUGHT HE WAS GREATER THAN THE STATE,BUT,THE STATE HAS SHOWN HIM THAT NO INDIVIDUAL IS GRETER THAN HER.
Re: Do You Think Mujahid Dokubo-asari Should Be Release? by Biafralord(m): 3:19am On Jun 10, 2007
This stupid marriage we call Nigeria! In Nigeria, we have the Biafran Republic, Odua Republic, Ijaw Republic, Efik/Ibibio/Annang Republic, Hausa republic, Bornu Republic etc.

What's wrong if these individual countries decide to secede? Hausas say they want a united Nigeria, but yet they kill the christians in the north which is always accompained by reprisal attacks in the East. The South-West sits down comfortably to enjoy the show. So, tell me, what is the justification of having a united Nigeria.

I think every ethnic nation would be better of on their own. If we are going to remain as one Nigeria, I suggest we use the geopolitical zones as governing units rather than the present states. Additionally, the Igbos in Delta State and River State(Ikwerres not necessary; I'm referring to Ndoki, Oyigbo, Egbema etc), should be incorporated into the South-East Geo-politica zone.

@ Ikwerre People

Assuming the Igbos finally gain independence as the Republic of Biafra, would the Ikwerres remian in Nigeria or join their Igbo kinsmen?

Re: Do You Think Mujahid Dokubo-asari Should Be Release? by MILITIA(f): 3:41am On Jun 10, 2007
he he he! smiley E don happen! Everyone with im own frustration! Oga Biafra, take am easy oh!
Re: Do You Think Mujahid Dokubo-asari Should Be Release? by Johnny(m): 2:50pm On Jun 13, 2007
@ Johnny, u should be ashamed for calling for the execution of a fellow nigerian and how can u even compare Asari to Bin Laden and Saddam?

@ angel101; I wish you knew how much I am calling for the execution of some Nigerians so that the nation could move forward. Anybody who stands the way of NATIONAL GROWTH and UNITY should be crushed without hesitation irrespective of his/her social, financial, religous and ethnical standing. And if I may ask, what's the different between Asari Dokubo and Bin Laden and Saddam? You don't think Asari Dokubo could be worse than these men if given the opportunity those men had? Go and read more about the man called Asari Dokubo.
Re: Do You Think Mujahid Dokubo-asari Should Be Release? by McKren(m): 4:13pm On Jun 13, 2007
wan naijaria  grin grin grin grin grin grin

1. There is saying that "you can only circumnavigate a peper (chili) tree you can't climb it"

2. There is another one that "it is only a mad man that attempts to block two parallel roads at the same time"

Goodmorning Nigeria  [/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do You Think Mujahid Dokubo-asari Should Be Release? by McKren(m): 4:57pm On Jun 13, 2007
I hold the view that Niger-Delta crisis will be better managed with Asari out there than Asari is Prison. At least he is educated, attended Unical where he studied Law until got rusticated for activism. His dad is a high court Judge so he could be easier to negotiate with than the likes of Jomo Gbomo, Ateke, Prince Igodo or Soboma George.

He could also understand more the meaning of threats than those other guys who have been unable to put the different splinter groups in check. So maybe he should be released.

However, we must note that Nigeria is not Britain where they debate in house of commons before they can hold terrorist for up to 28days.

We have to put into consideration the position of our Law on this matter.  If our law allows his being put behind bars if Nigeria thinks he is a threat to National Security, there nothing anyone can do about it.

In 1998 he was VP to the IYC to make the kiama declaration, by 2001 he led the IYC to pursue self determination by every means necessary, in 2004 he formed NDPVF which declared an all out war against the Nigerian state. He is a self confessed admirer of Osama Bin Laden which is against Nigeria's policy of global terrorism. He confessed publicly and speculations are rife that he might have financial links with al-qaeda.
He has made comments and involved in activities that amounts to Treason.

Whether he gets Presidential amnesty is entirely up to Yar'adua and the President must not be bullied to do that. But first Asari-Dokubo has to grow up and guard his utterances.
Re: Do You Think Mujahid Dokubo-asari Should Be Release? by fromuk(m): 7:17pm On Jun 13, 2007
Anybody who stands the way of NATIONAL GROWTH and UNITY should be crushed without hesitation irrespective of his/her social, financial, religous and ethnical standing what of the likes of IBB,OBJ and others that has held us back for years that i can't count. May be asari is not as rich as them or cos he is from ND area or justice might not be for everybody.
Re: Do You Think Mujahid Dokubo-asari Should Be Release? by Mamajama(m): 7:34pm On Jun 13, 2007
Interesting and I'm speechless.
Re: Do You Think Mujahid Dokubo-asari Should Be Release? by Seun(m): 7:35pm On Jun 13, 2007
If Asari Dokubo can find it within himself to become a law-abiding, peace-loving citizen, he should be released.
Re: Do You Think Mujahid Dokubo-asari Should Be Release? by Mamajama(m): 7:40pm On Jun 13, 2007
That was the condition given to him by the new administration.  and I was told he decline.  so judge for yourself all his loyalist.
Re: Do You Think Mujahid Dokubo-asari Should Be Release? by Seun(m): 7:48pm On Jun 13, 2007
That means he is still enjoying his cell. They should leave
him there until he changes his mind. Lives depend on it.
Re: Do You Think Mujahid Dokubo-asari Should Be Release? by debosky(m): 8:21pm On Jun 13, 2007
that is false mamajama . all that has happened is that Yar'adua has requested guarantees from important ND leaders and the governors in the zone that he will not cause trouble, the deal has not been made yet,

besides Dokubo never went around just killing people, he is fighting a legitimate struggle for the environment and rights of the ND people.

the man will be released, all that is going on now is mere posturing, the Supreme Court Judgment not withstanding. he will be released on medical grounds and the issue will slowly die down.
Re: Do You Think Mujahid Dokubo-asari Should Be Release? by Iman3(m): 8:37pm On Jun 13, 2007
There were some suggestions that Dokubo was trained in Libya by Muammar Ghaddafi's security services just like the Charles Taylor and Foday Sankoh gang
Re: Do You Think Mujahid Dokubo-asari Should Be Release? by debosky(m): 8:39pm On Jun 13, 2007
meaning he is a rebel leader? gerraway with your 'suggestions' nonsense grin grin
Re: Do You Think Mujahid Dokubo-asari Should Be Release? by Iman3(m): 8:43pm On Jun 13, 2007
debosky:

meaning he is a rebel leader? gerraway with your 'suggestions' nonsense grin grin

Like the Liberian Charles Taylor and the Sierra Leonean Foday Sankoh before him, Dokubo received free military and political training courtesy of the Libyan strongman before being sent back to stir up things in his homeland. After making an ultimately failed bid for the leadership the Ijaw Youth Council, an umbrella group that tried to unite the various activists from the long-suffering ethic group in a separatist struggle, Dokubo founded his own militant group, the Niger Delta People's Volunteer Force (NDPVF) which, from hideouts in the Delta, engaged in a violent campaign against rival Ijaws in 2003-2004, killing hundreds and leaving thousands homeless before the Nigerian military intervened in late 2004.

http://worlddefensereview.com/pham113006.shtml
Re: Do You Think Mujahid Dokubo-asari Should Be Release? by Iman3(m): 8:44pm On Jun 13, 2007
The man received training in Libya.I remember Ghaddafi used to run training camps that included Nigerians.You guys don't know what's going on behind the scenes. grin grin
Re: Do You Think Mujahid Dokubo-asari Should Be Release? by debosky(m): 8:52pm On Jun 13, 2007
I remember seeing your face in one of those training camp pictures on the net. I shall promptly report to the Home Office that they have a sleeper cell terrorist in their land grin grin

but if Dokubo and MEND are 'islamically' funded, then it would be dangerous, but I think this is just a pretext for the US to try and claim some right to have a military presence in WA to counter spreading 'fundamentalism'
Re: Do You Think Mujahid Dokubo-asari Should Be Release? by Iman3(m): 8:58pm On Jun 13, 2007
debosky:

but if Dokubo and MEND are 'islamically' funded, then it would be dangerous, but I think this is just a pretext for the US to try and claim some right to have a military presence in WA to counter spreading 'fundamentalism'

Its a fact that Dokubo trained in Libya and received some initial funding from Ghaddafi.There is no evidence that such funding has continued.I believe Ghaddafi stopped many of those training programs after the US/Britain struck a deal with the Libyan regime.

They are not "Islamically funded".Ghaddafi is not an Islamist in the first place.They,or at least Dokubo personally, would not have started this whole thing without Ghaddafi's support.Ghaddafi was just a rabble rouser who seemed to delight in causing trouble all over the region by sponsoring "revolutionary movements".He has stopped most of such activities though.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Obama Credit Card Declined At A New York City Restaurant / See What Bishop Oyedepo Asked Church Members To Bring To Church On Sunday / Is This A Reason Why African Leaders Are Power-drunk? Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.