Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,471 members, 7,954,833 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:30 AM

NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription (66852 Views)

Bussinessman Offers N5million To Nini’s Boyfriend To Allow Her Be With Saga / Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others / Reps’ Bill Empowers NBC To Decide Tariffs For DSTV, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription by bigpicture001: 12:10am On Mar 28, 2020
maasoap:

According to you? When you don't even know if NBC as constitutional power to issue such directive.
.if it exist.. Then it is wrong
Re: NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription by Insectkiller: 12:54am On Mar 28, 2020
Good.

It's high time to fight those idiottsss (DSTv, GOTv, etc).
I mean those Xxenophobiccc entity..packing our hard earned money to south Africa.

Once ur subscription ended NO any incentives for u..including d local stations dey will take Dem all (scramble them)..

People shld reject them too...afteral u can exist without EPL (English league)...

For some weeks u have NO opportunity to watch neither EPL nor Champions League nor Spanish league nor Italian SerieA...and u didn't die.

So, let's reject d xenophobiccc stations DSTv, GoTv...

We can only consider them, if dey launch pay as u go/view

Dazzzol.. cool
Re: NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription by PropertyBuying(f): 1:07am On Mar 28, 2020
This is long over due.
Re: NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription by Helpfromabove1(m): 1:41am On Mar 28, 2020
BetBuilder365:

So a country like Italy makes below 300 coffins per day? how can a country run out of coffins, most times I don't buy these sensational whatsapp memes

You don't need to buy it just don't pray to be in dere shoes
Re: NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription by kinzd(m): 1:55am On Mar 28, 2020
Dat will never happen put the dawn blame on ur gud 4 notin govt. Imagine vat @ %7.5 for dix harsh economy
kolafolabi:
All what I want is that DSTV/GoTV should change their mode of operations to pay as you watch.

Period!
Re: NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription by Egbetayo(m): 4:26am On Mar 28, 2020
This is commendable. My subscription got due on Monday and I had a serious meeting with my kids. The option is either to renew or to keep the subscription money for other exigencies. We opted for the alternative.
Re: NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription by HAJJIMUKHTAR: 6:09am On Mar 28, 2020
edo3:
Where is the fawa to watch it?

According to bubu..
the fawa de rondon........
Re: NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription by Jackmj(m): 6:32am On Mar 28, 2020
[quote author=Davash222 post=87822317]Abeg, if local stations include NTA, they should take their thing. I no want! [/quot

LOL
Re: NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription by Obason22(m): 6:44am On Mar 28, 2020
With immediate effect o.
Re: NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription by Drhighchief11: 7:26am On Mar 28, 2020
No light to watch d stations even if it is free..
Re: NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription by jamestaps619: 7:28am On Mar 28, 2020
NBC talking about free subsxriptions for d next one month where is the light dat will enable citizens to enjoy these subscriptions Abeg to me its pointless
Re: NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription by newoffer: 7:30am On Mar 28, 2020
Mutemenot:
Good move. Would have been better if they allow all stations show freely. DStv n it's owners are heartless, they ought to give a total free to air for 2 months
. One of Gotv call centre agent called me and was pleading that I pay for one month to get another month free. I told him okay. Immediately, after one month, they suspend my account. They are bunch of scammers.

1 Like

Re: NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription by laliga01: 7:48am On Mar 28, 2020
kolafolabi:
Aidoghie Paulinus, Abuja

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/covid-19-nbc-directs-gotv-dstv-startimes-others-to-allow-local-stations-run-without-subscription/amp/

Will they adhere to the instruction?
I doubt.
9ja is a toothless bull dog.
Re: NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription by mamatwiny(f): 8:17am On Mar 28, 2020
Mutemenot:
Good move. Would have been better if they allow all stations show freely. DStv n it's owners are heartless, they ought to give a total free to air for 2 months

Heartless, now way! My subscription ought to have expired last week but one week later I am still watching dstv. Maybe they are on self isolation. Fear no even free me to check the expiry before they remember me and scramble me.
Re: NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription by Monday60655(m): 8:25am On Mar 28, 2020
What about network providers, they should be asked to allow for free calls and internet access as well.
Re: NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:11am On Mar 28, 2020
einsteine:

They won't do that with their primary offering, sorry.

They already have corporate social responsibility programs ongoing. They also pay taxes to the government.

Stop throwing words around.

The Akara woman at the end of your street should share her Akara so you can experience emancipation?

Run a successful business one day and you may understand the silliness of your current ideas.
I challenge you to tell me the corporate social responsibility that is ongoing. Servile nigerian surfering from self hate syndrome. DStv is not complaining, it is lazy youths, defending a foreign company's interest in a bid to spite their government that are doing the job for them.
Re: NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription by maasoap(m): 1:07pm On Mar 28, 2020
bigpicture001:

.if it exist.. Then it is wrong

Law can never be wrong. Not everything everytime is about money. Sometimes, national security interest overrides individuals and corporate organisations interest.
Re: NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription by bigpicture001: 1:52pm On Mar 28, 2020
maasoap:

Law can never be wrong. Not everything everytime is about money. Sometimes, national security interest overrides individuals and corporate organisations interest.

What happens when leaders place death penalty for display of public affection but 2years jail for murder

Or death sentence for victim of rape nd 6months sentence for the rapist....it u CNT know it will first start as condemnations later to protest,public up rising nd other throw of that govt

Go read ant the French revolution nd what caused it..a social unjust law...

There is nothing like national security in matters is trivial as channels of cable station....
Re: NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription by Legendguru: 4:45pm On Mar 28, 2020
Yes
Re: NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription by iPOOPinURmouth: 5:20pm On Mar 28, 2020
Babapyro:
Direct NEPA to bring light too

Meanwhile here is kano States isolation center for coviik 1-9.
Ganduje is ever ready.
useless peasant. imagine me wasting my time with a peasant that cant even afford generator.
Re: NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription by Abusombody: 8:08pm On Mar 28, 2020
Can you also direct disco to give us 24hrs supply, if not no need for the free station
Re: NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription by maasoap(m): 9:03am On Mar 29, 2020
bigpicture001:

What happens when leaders place death penalty for display of public affection but 2years jail for murder

Or death sentence for victim of rape nd 6months sentence for the rapist....it u CNT know it will first start as condemnations later to protest,public up rising nd other throw of that govt

Go read ant the French revolution nd what caused it..a social unjust law...

There is nothing like national security in matters is trivial as channels of cable station....

Wow! This is not about channels of cable station, this is about Coronavirus and the threat it poses to national security and economy. People need information, updates and something to make the sit at home less boring. I heard that some people are jumping off the high rise buildings in some countries because they couldn't cope with sit at home order despite having things to occupy their time indoors
Re: NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription by bigpicture001: 11:17am On Mar 29, 2020
maasoap:

Wow! This is not about channels of cable station, this is about Coronavirus and the threat it poses to national security and economy. People need information, updates and something to make the sit at home less boring. I heard that some people are jumping off the high rise buildings in some countries because they couldn't cope with sit at home order despite having things to occupy their time indoors

Lol

1 Like

Re: NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription by SolomonGrundy: 5:07pm On Mar 29, 2020
helen4:
My own is that DSTV should buck up. They're misbehaving too much this days. It's been over 24 hrs we subscribed yet nothing, still the same error message and their customer care is zero.
Did u subscribe when d decoder was switched on?
Re: NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription by edoairways: 11:18pm On Mar 29, 2020
Monday60655:
What about network providers, they should be asked to allow for free calls and internet access as well.
Free calls isn't possible for now because of the network capacity. MTN may gladly offer with a condition but other operators can't because there would be drop of calls
Re: NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription by helen4(f): 11:24pm On Mar 29, 2020
[quote author=SolomonGrundy post=87894490]Did u subscribe when d decoder was switched on?[ Yes
Re: NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription by edoairways: 11:25pm On Mar 29, 2020
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

I challenge you to tell me the corporate social responsibility that is ongoing. Servile nigerian surfering from self hate syndrome. DStv is not complaining, it is lazy youths, defending a foreign company's interest in a bid to spite their government that are doing the job for them.
Corporate Social Responsibility is an voluntary act hence multichoice can choose to do any at their convenient
Re: NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 11:44pm On Mar 29, 2020
edoairways:

Corporate Social Responsibility is an voluntary act hence multichoice can choose to do any at their convenient
I can see you made a u turn. Well DStv will do as they were told to, you can go cry me a river.
Re: NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription by SolomonGrundy: 12:51am On Mar 30, 2020
[quote author=helen4 post=87905683][/quote]Okay. Maybe they re having issues with their network. because dats wat I normally do and d activation is instantly.
Re: NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription by Monday60655(m): 2:17am On Mar 30, 2020
edoairways:

Free calls isn't possible for now because of the network capacity. MTN may gladly offer with a condition but other operators can't because there would be drop of calls

I thought as much
Re: NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription by helen4(f): 3:24pm On Mar 30, 2020
SolomonGrundy:
Okay. Maybe they re having issues with their network. because dats wat I normally do and d activation is instantly.
It picked up yesterday o. Thank you.
Re: NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription by SolomonGrundy: 7:18pm On Mar 30, 2020
helen4:
It picked up yesterday o. Thank you.
Okay. Ur welcome!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Okiemute Ighorodje Wins MTN Project Fame Season 9 / Bbnaija: Mercy And Diane Accused Of Lesbianism, Here’s Why (video) / See What Was Found In Lagos Cinema After 50 Shades Of Grey Movie ..lol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.