Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,881 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

Scary Implications Defiance To COVID-19 Instructions Might Cost Nigeria - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Scary Implications Defiance To COVID-19 Instructions Might Cost Nigeria (339 Views)

Living As A Disabled Person In Nigeria Is Hard, Scary – Debola Daniel / Somebody Please Help, It Might Cost A Life / The Health Implications Of Fasting - What You Must Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scary Implications Defiance To COVID-19 Instructions Might Cost Nigeria by darealez(m): 2:06am On Mar 28, 2020
Nigerians are known to be quite difficult to control, as words doesn't seem to play a tangible role in modifying attitudes on the Street.

Just like the case of Italy, so many Nigerians have turned deaf ears to the continuous plea and instructions from the government to stay at home. However, reasons for this is not far fetched as many Nigerians make ends meet through daily huzzle(s).

Therefore the maths grid is difficult to plot here! A trader in Ibadan was reported to have said, "How can we stay at home when we have no salary to cater for our needs". TRUE! But then, only the living can feed.

Cases in USA have soared greatly above that of Italy. The almighty USA is now pleading the presence of doctors and Nurses around the world... Compatriots, what does Nigera have?
Not even enough bed spaces or test kits.

If COVID-19 manages to get amidst the massive non-compliant traders, churches, mosques, celebrants and all..., a situation we're praying and hoping hasn't occurred already, then we will be left with we and ourselves to blame.

Nigeria can't handle a major outbreak... We can't... If the cards are down, the poor masses who are being defiant at this moment will suffer greatly at the hands of priority.

Stay At Home... Stay Safe...

God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Scary Implications Defiance To COVID-19 Instructions Might Cost Nigeria by SadiqBabaSani: 2:07am On Mar 28, 2020
Very apt
Re: Scary Implications Defiance To COVID-19 Instructions Might Cost Nigeria by fulaniHERDSman(m): 2:14am On Mar 28, 2020
This is what I can't comprehend. Is three square meals more important than the clear and present obvious omnious danger Needless arguments over being asked to sacrifice a little comfort for the greater good.
As for me and family, we already indoors and I will ruthlessly deal with any reckless goat that nears my door for any flimsy reason.

1 Like

Re: Scary Implications Defiance To COVID-19 Instructions Might Cost Nigeria by pfadom: 2:30am On Mar 28, 2020
I guess Nigerians don't understand mass burial.
It will take upward of 12 months to come up with a potent vaccine to combat the scourge, yet our people are negligent. Should Nigeria be declared a high risk country, then it is finished!

I pray it will not be too late.

Democratic Republic of Congo, Guinea, Liberia, etc who were major victims of Ebola Virus don't joke with this stern warning.

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Scary Implications Defiance To COVID-19 Instructions Might Cost Nigeria by Shaprara: 3:30am On Mar 28, 2020
"just like in the case of Italy". Wrong

Italy is responsible for what's happening in the country right now, while other countries were locking borders and shutting flights Italy left it's borders open and there's a direct flight from Wuhan China to Italy why because northern Italy holds the highest number of Chinese in Italy after italians sold leather factories and clothing factories to the Chinese, today norther Italy is the virus hotspot in Italy and also Italy has now come out to admit that the reason it didn't take those measures is because the country was face saving and was trying as much not to appear racist, more importantly the mayor of Florence was urging Italians to hug Chinese people in solidarity with them over what's going on in China. While all this was going on, they left there country open, lots of people got infected and even left Italy to other parts of the world before the government decided it's time to issue a stay at home and national quarantine order. The Italians would listen if there government has been proactive. Nigerian would listen too, we don't have to go draconian on social distancing, with good contact tracing and person hygiene and responsible relaxed social distancing we will be fine
Re: Scary Implications Defiance To COVID-19 Instructions Might Cost Nigeria by mariamadenle(m): 3:45am On Mar 28, 2020
We can't continue to be blaming the government for everything I agreed with the above poster said most Nigerians don't understand what mass burial means and in a country like this hmmm God forbid bad thing but if we are not careful in the next few weeks our confirmed case may be very close to USA cases but I doubt the death rate.
A lady I was advising about the importance of staying home said she can only agree to stay home only if I promised to credited her account "mo ya look away"
Re: Scary Implications Defiance To COVID-19 Instructions Might Cost Nigeria by MERCHANDISER: 3:50am On Mar 28, 2020
China was so much becoming focused on ruling the World, dominating former World powers. Even China President never deny there is BioWeapon Lab in Wuhan, China. Everybody knows that this very deadly version of the Virus leaked/originated from the lab that was tweaking it to use BioWeapon. This virus isn't NATURAL....IT WAS CREATED/CULTURED IN A LAB INVITRO Believe it or not "CORONA VIRUS IS A LABORATORY MADE VIRUS" i know the people that made it will do everything possible to cover their tracks because it's a long planed work when the rest of the world were sleeping. Nobody will claim responsible for it because the thing is already Bio WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION. ALL WORLD POWERS HAVE BIOWEAPONS... Go and read "the eyes of darkness"
Re: Scary Implications Defiance To COVID-19 Instructions Might Cost Nigeria by sucre: 4:07am On Mar 28, 2020
MERCHANDISER:
China was
so much becoming focused on ruling the World, dominating
former World powers. Even China President never deny
there
is BioWeapon Lab in Wuhan, China. Everybody knows that
this very deadly version of the Virus leaked/originated from
the lab that was tweaking it to use BioWeapon.
This virus isn't NATURAL....IT WAS CREATED/CULTURED IN
A LAB INVITRO
Believe it or not "CORONA VIRUS IS A LABORATORY MADE
VIRUS" i know the people that made it will do everything
possible to cover their tracks because it's a long planed
work when the rest of the world were sleeping. Nobody will
claim responsible for it because the thing is already Bio
WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION.
ALL WORLD POWERS HAVE BIOWEAPONS...
Go and read "the eyes of darkness"
Wrong

(1) (Reply)

101-year-old Man Born During Spanish Flu Recovers From Coronavirus / NCDC Prioritises COVID-19 Test For High Profiled Nigerians / We Are Trying To Find Over 6000 People - NCDC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.