Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,937 members, 7,835,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Quran 9 Vs 29 Never Promote Killings Of Non Muslims - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Quran 9 Vs 29 Never Promote Killings Of Non Muslims (427 Views)

Quran 9:31muslims, The Quran Calls Jesus And Allah Gods. D'you Agree With Islam? / ‘There Is War’ - Paul Enenche Condemns Killings Of Christians In Nigeria (Video) / Christian Association Protests Against Killings Of Christians By Fulani Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quran 9 Vs 29 Never Promote Killings Of Non Muslims by Biodun556(m): 4:07am On Mar 28, 2020
Payment of zakat ( tax ) is very essential in a state under Islamic authority for poverty alleviation. Zakat is compulsory for Muslims only while Jizya is a form of zakat that must be paid by non Muslims living in a Islamic state and it is compulsory as well. Anyone who refuses to pay zakat or Jizya is an enemy of state and they must be sanctioned.

It is very important to pay Zakah, after the Prophet (Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam), passed away the muslims stopped paying Zakah, Abu Bakr (ra) then decalared war on them.

Verse 9:29 of Surah at-tauba is probably the intentionally most misinterpreted verse of the Quran. This is what it says: –

“Fight those who believe not in God nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by God and His Apostle, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth , (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.” S. 9:29 Y. Ali

Dear brother mansour, I totally understand you when you say that this verse promotes violence on a cursory glance. But if you read it carefully you’ll find that it doesn’t. I hope you will be patient enough to be with me throughout the end of this article.

The verse says “Fight those who believe not in God nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by God and His Apostle, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth”.
My question to you brother. Does this verse stop here? No it doesnt. It continues and gives the actual reason as to the fighting. This is the continuation: – “until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued”.

1. PAYING JIZYA IS THE CONDITION FOR FIGHTING. THIS STATEMENT IS TOTALLY IGNORED OR OVERLOOKED WHEN LEVYING THIS ALLEGATION OF VIOLENCE ON MUSLIMS.

This verse doesn’t ask the Muslims to do mindless slaughter as the media portrays or deceives. It gives the Muslims the permission to fight only those non-Muslims who do not pay jizya – the state tax. And we all know that jizya is applicable only in an Islamic state. Neither India, nor US or Britain are Islamic states. So to put this verse as an excuse for what happened there only shows how biased, unknowledgable and unfair the media is and it hurts us deeply.
Re: Quran 9 Vs 29 Never Promote Killings Of Non Muslims by ToyBoyAaron(m): 5:35am On Mar 28, 2020
Where does the concept of jihad came from?
Re: Quran 9 Vs 29 Never Promote Killings Of Non Muslims by LabuleofNigeria: 5:51am On Mar 28, 2020
Does this now justifies why the ISIS and boko boys fights and kill too ??

They claim they have backup from the Holy book and the say the "Bismillah" before human slaughter
Re: Quran 9 Vs 29 Never Promote Killings Of Non Muslims by PlayerMeji: 6:18am On Mar 28, 2020
Those who reject Islam must be killed. If they turn back (from Islam), take (hold of) them and kill them wherever you find them . . .
—Surah 4:89, THE Quran

So, when you meet (in fight—Jihad in allah’s Cause) those who disbelieve, smite (their) necks till when you have killed and wounded many of them, then bind a bond firmly (on them, i.e. take them as captives).
—Surah 47:4, THE 'Quran

O you who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are close to you, and let them find harshness in you; and know that allah is with those who are Al-Muttaqun (the pious).
—Surah 9:123, THE Quran

allah commanded the prophet muhammad to enforce killing rather than taking prisoners. What a gracious god your allah is..

It is not for a Prophet that he should have prisoners of war (and free them with ransom) until he had made a great slaughter (among his enemies) in the land.
—Surah 8:67, THE Quran
Re: Quran 9 Vs 29 Never Promote Killings Of Non Muslims by Jamesrock(m): 7:04am On Mar 28, 2020
ISLAM is one terrible religion like that... in Arabic countries, most women are low key Christians but you won’t know cos of the do’s and don’t of islam...

Why kill your fellow human cos of a religion

1 Like

Re: Quran 9 Vs 29 Never Promote Killings Of Non Muslims by Samunique(m): 8:19am On Mar 28, 2020
Biodun556:
Payment of zakat ( tax ) is very essential in a state under Islamic authority for poverty alleviation. Zakat is compulsory for Muslims only while Jizya is a form of zakat that must be paid by non Muslims living in a Islamic state and it is compulsory as well. Anyone who refuses to pay zakat or Jizya is an enemy of state and they must be sanctioned.

It is very important to pay Zakah, after the Prophet (Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam), passed away the muslims stopped paying Zakah, Abu Bakr (ra) then decalared war on them.

Verse 9:29 of Surah at-tauba is probably the intentionally most misinterpreted verse of the Quran. This is what it says: –

“Fight those who believe not in God nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by God and His Apostle, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth , (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.” S. 9:29 Y. Ali

Dear brother mansour, I totally understand you when you say that this verse promotes violence on a cursory glance. But if you read it carefully you’ll find that it doesn’t. I hope you will be patient enough to be with me throughout the end of this article.

The verse says “Fight those who believe not in God nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by God and His Apostle, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth”.
My question to you brother. Does this verse stop here? No it doesnt. It continues and gives the actual reason as to the fighting. This is the continuation: – “until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued”.

1. PAYING JIZYA IS THE CONDITION FOR FIGHTING. THIS STATEMENT IS TOTALLY IGNORED OR OVERLOOKED WHEN LEVYING THIS ALLEGATION OF VIOLENCE ON MUSLIMS.

This verse doesn’t ask the Muslims to do mindless slaughter as the media portrays or deceives. It gives the Muslims the permission to fight only those non-Muslims who do not pay jizya – the state tax. And we all know that jizya is applicable only in an Islamic state. Neither India, nor US or Britain are Islamic states. So to put this verse as an excuse for what happened there only shows how biased, unknowledgable and unfair the media is and it hurts us deeply.

So the only language your god understand is violence? undecided Fight ! Fight !! Fight !!!

What happen to dialogue ?

What happen the civil way of settling a case such as this ?

Should our government begin to fight people bcs of tax, I mean physical assaults, what would you call that ?

Will that not be madness of the highest order?

See I've not seen any justification for this, but pure violence against the infidels .

Allahh is a bitter hater of the so called infidels, hence they do not deserve to live.

Period !!!

1 Like

Re: Quran 9 Vs 29 Never Promote Killings Of Non Muslims by adebayo987: 8:25am On Mar 28, 2020
We all understand that everyone is hoping on the NONE MUSLIMS to come up with VACCINE FOR COVID-19. So the truth will begin to be told. Preach your sermon to bokoharam and fulani herdsmen. Okay? Good!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Ancient Turkish Calendar Predicts Coronavirus, Locusts, Fires In 2020 And More / Pastor Williams Kumuyi Celebrate His 79th Year Birthday Today / RCCG Sunday School Student’s Manual 23rd August 2020 Lesson 52 – Eternal Reward

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.