Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) (87312 Views)

I Visited The Morgue Unprepared / 19 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 362. 99 Discharged. 11 Deaths / COVID-19: Dead Bodies Are Loaded Into Refrigerated Truck With Forklift In U.S. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by Nobody: 11:23am On Mar 28, 2020
GOFRONT:
Where are our annointed men of God?
Lol,you mean the teachers of the law and the Pharisees?
Haven't you heard the adage "Woe unto the teachers of the law and Pharisees?
They are experiencing their woes
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by igbojay: 11:27am On Mar 28, 2020
That is what I kinda reasoned this morning. If we are not careful, depression will set in. I am praying ours is not as worse as S.A a sister of colour.
If it happens with worse cases of corona shit in the south, we can manage a bit. But if it hits the Northern part, wahala go dey.

By the way, do we have a law as the defence production law?

franchasng:
Coronavirus is not as deadly or lethal as media is making it look.

2% fatality rate does not warrant shutting down the world!!

There are more deadlier diseases that have been ravaging the world more than this coronavirus. TB nkor

Open the economy, something worst than this epidemic will hit the world, especially Nigeria, stop buying into western media hype of coronavirus, China, South Korea, Japan have already defeated this pandemic, why are people still panicking angry

Economic recession that is looming in Nigeria after this whole coronavirus nonsense will kill more people and cause more havoc in Nigeria than coronavirus, bookmark this thread today.

Many people will lose their jobs after this.

Many who will retain their job will see their salary slashed!

Businesses will be drastically affected. Crime will increase
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by CanadaOrBust: 11:28am On Mar 28, 2020
mrkings84:
I pity for Nigeria!!!

No need. Something has already protected Nigerians from this virus otherwise half the country would be dead by now. I believe thousands have it here already just that it doesn’t make us that sick

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by Kennydoc(m): 11:30am On Mar 28, 2020
ChrisKels:
Nawa ooo, why not cremate dem and bury the ashes asap nah? Refrigerating is equivalent to preserving an infected body and the virus nah.

Make this people dey use there head nah

In your mind, you reason better than people who are light years ahead of you and your country.
The crematoriums available cannot meet up with the surge in the number of bodies.
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by MOnkeyBabe(f): 11:32am On Mar 28, 2020
topsquino:
To help people with Corona Virus, I'm giving out 1 Million Naira to 70-120 Lucky Winners on Nairaland today by 6pm.

Please check my post on Nairaland by 6pm to confirm.

I'm not here to scam anyone. I've registered my account since 2007 and you can check my profile.

Quote: If you don't believe anything, you can never enjoy anything.
someone called POpe Igbo needs uRGent financial Assistance for his meds. He has pRoof with pictures he uploaded a few POSts before this.
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by AFONJACOW(m): 11:34am On Mar 28, 2020
If A whole America is preparing for the death like this, that's means there's no hope for vaccine.... God we dey ur hand
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by Malawian(m): 11:34am On Mar 28, 2020
If China indeed created this virus, they should be sanctioned. They should be prevented from selling anything again to anybody. They should be prevented from buying anything again from anybody. They should be prevented from leaving their country ever again. The list goes on. When this stuff touches base properly in Africa, the curling will be out of this world.
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by TUANKU(m): 11:36am On Mar 28, 2020
njideoby:
Why refrigerate the bodies and not cremate or bury them asap?
You can't do that without the consent of the victim's family.
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by Niggmatic: 11:37am On Mar 28, 2020
NOETHNICITY:
It depends on our respective neighborhood

I agree with you that urs has shit everywhere
Educate ur neighbors and relatives shiting everywhere on the need to maintain good hygiene.

Lol

No problem sir, since you live in a different Nigeria
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by salt1: 11:40am On Mar 28, 2020
Drabeey:
This is serious
Oh creator of this universe

Oh creator, most Nigerians are really sorry. Our forefathers taught us this way. We no dey hear word for here. Stay one place we no go sit.
Close border, our leaders no gree

Na one beer parlour me sef dey now, infact one guy is saying
"coronavirus no dey Nigeria"
"One is saying corona no fit catch am" like he's immune to it undecided

Eenh, you sef hear am creator...
Na our way!
We juz dey do anyhow for here, but the whole world is in this together.

Make i ask Boss, se no be say you wan do us like soddom&gommorah so? embarassed

You just need to help us here, we dey hear how other countries wey no even get reach wetin Naija get sef dey do na!

Boss abeg, you see if we go about the way religious books take talk am, nobody go enter heaven, not even those preaching it sef (holier than thou)
You See am so?
We dey eveb think say na Naija be the hell you promised, but what of Somalia and Afghanistan? We are humble sir!

You too create universe in a way we never even explore 0.02%. Abeg no kill us now, you'll need us there. Especially we wey be Nigerians.
Just help us carry this coroguy commot, the guy too dey vex. Send us some kiss, with bliss please and we promise never to diss you again.

Amen! You're creative
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by Nobody: 11:45am On Mar 28, 2020
lonelydora:

China know exactly what they are doing.

Why didn't the virus get to Shanghai city, Russia, and North Korea?

1. Shanghai has 331 domestic cases and 20 imported cases of covid 19

2. Russia has 450.cases. They took strict measures from January though, and their borders with China were closed by late January

3. NK is a closed country, and officially they claim no cases, but unofficially, there may be some cases there as they are secretly asking for help from WHO

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by Adeyinka12(m): 11:49am On Mar 28, 2020
topsquino:
To help people with Corona Virus, I'm giving out 1 Million Naira to 70-120 Lucky Winners on Nairaland today by 6pm.

I'm not here to scam anyone. I've registered my account since 2007 and you can check my profile.

Thank you very much, I will be glad to be part of the winner. God no go shame you.
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by xceloasis: 11:50am On Mar 28, 2020

Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by Jacqueline22(f): 11:52am On Mar 28, 2020
AuroraB:
You must feel we are better off shocked cheesy
I modify already
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by CanadaOrBust: 11:52am On Mar 28, 2020
franchasng:
Coronavirus is not as deadly or lethal as media is making it look.

2% fatality rate does not warrant shutting down the world!!

There are more deadlier diseases that have been ravaging the world more than this coronavirus. TB nkor

Open the economy, something worst than this epidemic will hit the world, especially Nigeria, stop buying into western media hype of coronavirus, China, South Korea, Japan have already defeated this pandemic, why are people still panicking angry

Economic recession that is looming in Nigeria after this whole coronavirus nonsense will kill more people and cause more havoc in Nigeria than coronavirus, bookmark this thread today.

Many people will lose their jobs after this.

Many who will retain their job will see their salary slashed!

Businesses will be drastically affected. Crime will increase

Please tell them! UcLloyd, obi4eze
Responding with hysteria instead of common sense.

Actually it is less than 2% and vast majority of those have underlying medical conditions.

When u factor in Nigeria’s weather, immune boosting sun, and malaria, I suspect the death rate among Nigerians living permanently in Nigeria is close to zero.
I believe thousands have or have had corona in Nigeria only that they don’t know it because it never made them that sick!

Below is an argument I presented to a guy:
—————————

Ok, it is established fact that AT MOST we’d lose less than 2% of those who get this virus (though currently it is 0% for Nigerians permanently living in Nigeria!). 80% of those who get the virus either have no symptoms or very mild symptoms.
How many people do u think will die if there is mass starvation plus all the social ills that’d come with closing down everything? Plus the irreversible damage to the economy?
If u calm down and look at it UNEMOTIONALLY you’d see the sense in what I’m saying. (Also remember that both our birth rate and population density are quite high).

Also, SINCE THE DEATH RATE IS SO LOW, we can go the herd immunity route - gradually as more and more people recover and therefore develop immunity to the virus, we’d eventually develop herd immunity, at which point the virus is defeated.

Here’s the rest of my argument to the guy (which is totally original by the way):

First of all we’d be doing everything other countries are doing EXCEPT totally shut down our society. People will be sentisized to not crowd together, social distancing, to wash hands, to use face masks, etc, PLUS we’d also be treating those we can which will save some. So there’d be no “everyone is allowed to be infected at the same time, with no one taking care of anybody“.

Secondly, it is established that 97% of the infected, get well without needing any special medical care (so for them it is just like, say, malaria)

Thirdly we’d have more people who have survived the virus and therefore whose blood have immunity and can be used to treat the sick (this has been shown to work)

Fourthly we should remember we are overpopulated.
It is better that we fight a war and win and come out stronger (though losing some people), than to close everything and hide like cowards because of an enemy we know we can defeat (though we’d lose some people while doing it). Countries have gone to war instead of surrendering, knowing fully well they’d lose half their people!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by kunletexs: 11:54am On Mar 28, 2020
As real as this virus is, it still beat my imagination that Nigerian government is still taking it with amateur gloves.

Kudos to system that works
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by eki2000(m): 11:57am On Mar 28, 2020
Drabeey:
This is serious

Oh creator, most Nigerians are really sorry. Our forefathers taught us this way. We no dey hear word for here. Stay one place we no go sit.

Na our way!

You just need to help us here, we dey hear how other countries wey no even get reach wetin Naija get sef dey do na!

Boss abeg, you see if we go about the way religious books take talk am, nobody go enter heaven, not even those preaching it sef (holier than thou)
You See am so?
We dey eveb think say na Naija be the hell you promised, but what of Somalia and Afghanistan? We are humble sir!

You too create universe in a way we never even explore 0.02%. Abeg no kill us now, you'll need us there. Especially we wey be Nigerians.
Just help us carry this coroguy commot, the guy too dey vex. Send us some kiss, with bliss please and we promise never to diss you again.
Correct prayer
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by Obeysco: 11:58am On Mar 28, 2020
God will punish Chinese People for bringing this pandemic upon the Globe.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by Nobody: 12:00pm On Mar 28, 2020
cenaman:
So United States of America can be these humble? Imagine USA are begging doctors to apply for visa. Choronavirus bae.

The snake cannot eat you, plus the sting will kill slowly.

Nobody will like the death of rip and tear apart
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 28, 2020
GOFRONT:
Where are our annointed men of God?

They hold degree in Mathematics, Art and Social Science, not Medicine.
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by shollyshine(m): 12:06pm On Mar 28, 2020
It's well
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by Olatara(f): 12:15pm On Mar 28, 2020
topsquino:

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I have checked your profile and now I know you.
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by franchasng: 12:17pm On Mar 28, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Please tell them! UcLloyd, obi4eze
Responding with hysteria instead of common sense.

Actually it is less than 2% and vast majority of those have underlying medical conditions.

When u factor in Nigeria’s weather, immune boosting sun, and malaria, I suspect the death rate among Nigerians living permanently in Nigeria is close to zero.
I believe thousands have or have had corona in Nigeria only that they don’t know it because it never made them that sick!

Below is an argument I presented to a guy:
—————————

Ok, it is established fact that AT MOST we’d lose less than 2% of those who get this virus (though currently it is 0% for Nigerians permanently living in Nigeria!). 80% either have no symptoms or very mild symptoms.
How many people do u think will die if there is mass starvation plus all the social ills that’d come with closing down everything? Plus the irreversible damage to the economy?
If u calm down and look at it UNEMOTIONALLY you’d see the sense in what I’m saying. (Also remember that both our birth rate and population density are quite high).

Also, SINCE THE DEATH RATE IS SO LOW, we can go the herd immunity route - gradually as more and more people recover and therefore develop immunity to the virus, we’d eventually develop herd immunity, at which point the virus is defeated.

Here’s the rest of my argument to the guy (which is totally original by the way):

First of all we’d be doing everything other countries are doing EXCEPT totally shut down our society. People will be sentisized to not crowd together, social distancing, to wash hands, to use face masks, etc, PLUS we’d also be treating those we can which will save some. So there’d be no “everyone is allowed to be infected at the same time, with no one taking care of anybody“.

Secondly, it is established that 97% of the infected, get well without needing any special medical care (so for them it is just like, say, malaria)

Thirdly we’d have more people who have survived the virus and therefore whose blood have immunity and can be used to treat the sick (this has been shown to work)

Fourthly we should remember we are overpopulated.
It is better that we fight a war and win and come out stronger (though losing some people), than to close everything and hide like cowards because of an enemy we know we can defeat (though we’d lose some people while doing it). Countries have gone to war instead of surrendering, knowing fully well they’d lose half their people!

this is nothing but the truth!

Coronavirus is not a deadly disease like western media is forcing us to believe
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by topsquino(m): 12:27pm On Mar 28, 2020
Olatara:

cheesy

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by topsquino(m): 12:28pm On Mar 28, 2020
Olatara:

The 1 million naira giveaway is real.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by lokoloko84(m): 12:34pm On Mar 28, 2020
topsquino:

I believe you,boss
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by Originalsly: 12:35pm On Mar 28, 2020
njideoby:

Why refrigerate the bodies and not cremate or bury them asap?

Lawsuits would run the city broke...unclaimed bodies can be disposed of. Usually, as soon as the Medical Examiner certify a person dead... the body is released to the family to dispose of as they see fit. An old neighbour of mine has died of COVID 19 a few days ago.... his body has not yet been released to the family. There are soooo many hospitals ..... sooo many morgues.... in the city....why all this extra? I believe they have no intention of releasing anyone who died of the virus. I'm expecting to hear of some emergency regulation being enforced where the bodies would be cremated and ashes given to the families.

@ topic.......nice work Explorers!.... I speed past there twice almost every day.... but dark going and dark coming....so close and yet so far!
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by doubleportion: 12:39pm On Mar 28, 2020
Nukilia:
Those who rained bombs on innocent people yesterday are being visited by the angel of destruction today grin grin

As if those innocent souls didn't had there fair share of the pandemic!
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by AuroraB(f): 12:41pm On Mar 28, 2020
Jacqueline22:

I modify already
Okay, babes smiley
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by uunwanaobong3: 12:42pm On Mar 28, 2020
When China sneezed the world catches cold.......

What a world power they are?

Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by nijabazaar: 12:45pm On Mar 28, 2020
Drabeey:
This is serious

Na our way!

You See am so?

Amen
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by hodari: 12:58pm On Mar 28, 2020
US don become small Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Level Of Compliance On Social Distancing In Delta Amid COVID-19 Pandemic / Now I Know Why Cheating Married People Don't Like Condom / South Africa Bans Doggy Style During Sex (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.