Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) (87314 Views)

I Visited The Morgue Unprepared / 19 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 362. 99 Discharged. 11 Deaths / COVID-19: Dead Bodies Are Loaded Into Refrigerated Truck With Forklift In U.S. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by maasoap(m): 1:04pm On Mar 28, 2020
dvkot:
If the fg would have stopped international flights earlier it wouldn't have gotten this far

It was because half of them and their families were still abroad then, they had to allow them get into the country first even though most of them were already infected

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by Crispels(m): 1:12pm On Mar 28, 2020
januzaj:
And some people still believe this shit is a hoax in Nigeria. According ti report,only 200+ people have been tested so far in Nigeria with 81 confirmed cases. Just see the percentage that tested positive. Believe me,this shit has hit us so bad, we just don't know it yet.

That’s not true. Viruses don’t spread that way. The fact that you even live with a carrier does not mean you will contract it(case studies: the Prime Minister of Canada tested negative while his wife tested positive. Same with Davido and Chioma. There are also cases here in the US where married couples who sleep on the same bed - went for the test - eventually one tested positive and the other tested negative). The spread of this virus is down to many factors - its incubation period, immune system of prospective carrier, personal hygiene and health history. An individual may shake hands with a carrier and not contract it. Another individual may just hold the mobile phone of that same carrier and contract it. Epidemiology and virology is very unique and distinct - viruses While highly infectious/contagious, they don’t spread like you think.

While Nigeria needs to test more people - I don’t think the spread is already that wild. COVID/19 is not yet a “community disease” in Nigeria but an imported one - only those with recent travel history and their close contacts are likely to have them. Testings have been largely limited to Nigerians who travelled abroad and those who had close contacts with them as well. That is why, I think, the ratio between testings and confirmed cases is kind of high - because Nigeria is testing people from high risk countries who have shown the symptoms. There is a higher probability that these people will have the disease - when compared to the average Nigeria with no recent travel history or contact.

For instance, if Nigeria decides to enter ALABA in Lagos State now and decides to test everyone there, I doubt if 1% will test positive since it’s not a community disease like LASSA Fever, Hepatitis, Malaria etc.

So the fact that Nigeria has tested less people does not automatically mean it has affected millions of people. It is not a community disease known to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by hurryup123(m): 1:15pm On Mar 28, 2020
topsquino:
To help people with Corona Virus, I'm giving out 1 Million Naira to 70-120 Lucky Winners on Nairaland today by 6pm.

Please check my post on Nairaland by 6pm to confirm.

I'm not here to scam anyone. I've registered my account since 2007 and you can check my profile.

Quote: If you don't believe anything, you can never enjoy anything.
audio...
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by topsquino(m): 1:16pm On Mar 28, 2020
hurryup123:
audio...

6 pm no far na.

Let's see whether I won't be doing the giveaway by 6pm today
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 28, 2020
Naijaooooo. God! Pls save your helpless people
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by walyx(m): 1:37pm On Mar 28, 2020
topsquino:
To help people with Corona Virus, I'm giving out 1 Million Naira to 70-120 Lucky Winners on Nairaland today by 6pm.

I'm not here to scam anyone. I've registered my account since 2007 and you can check my profile.

Will b waiting patiently for it boss
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by topsquino(m): 1:41pm On Mar 28, 2020
walyx:

Will b waiting patiently for it boss

I can't wait to do this and rest and focus on my business

Everything in this country is hard. Even to give free money is difficult
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by divineappo(m): 1:47pm On Mar 28, 2020
njideoby:
Why refrigerate the bodies and not cremate or bury them asap?
they want to use it to cook pepper soup
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by valx2: 2:22pm On Mar 28, 2020
etrouble:

Or you mean we have most useless citizens like you lazy youth with no future
Boo.hari is a stupid president elected by stupid people like you.
You have sold your future for a 30k monthly stipend.. A president that can't even pronounce covid19 properly is not worthy to be a president.
And for your information, I am a businessman that built my empire from the scratch into something very meaningful, I am a proud Igbo man , I don't depend on government handouts. And I mean it when I say that we have the most useless government on earth. And idiots like you and your parents voted for him
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by Nobody: 2:44pm On Mar 28, 2020
topsquino:

6 pm no far na.

Let's see whether I won't be doing the giveaway by 6pm today
seriously waiting
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by bukatyne(f): 2:55pm On Mar 28, 2020
dominique:

You mean Nigerian government is the cause of this much casualty in the US?

I don't know when I laughed on the midst of this sad news.
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by GermanMelania: 3:03pm On Mar 28, 2020
Nukilia:
Those who rained bombs on innocent people yesterday are being visited by the angel of destruction today grin grin

Why are you like this?. These are humans dying. They rained no bombs on anyone. Even if you think their govt did wrong ( i dont know where you are getting your rained bombs on innocent accusation) there is zero need to delight in thier deaths .

Be mindful. You have GPS you benefit from for free, courtesy of the united states military.
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by walyx(m): 3:03pm On Mar 28, 2020
topsquino:

Will b waiting patiently
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by master202: 3:07pm On Mar 28, 2020
i trust black man they will quick dig one forest for mass burial
the next you hear three thousand dead bodies has being buried.
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by milliondollas(m): 3:13pm On Mar 28, 2020
HOPE THE HAUSA MUSLIMS AND YORUBA'S ARE SEEN WHAT THEY HAVE PUT THE WHOLE COUNTRY INTO WITH THIS USELESS APC LEAD GOVT
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by Sprumbaba: 3:25pm On Mar 28, 2020
cenaman:
So United States of America can be these humble? Imagine USA are begging doctors to apply for visa. Choronavirus bae.

Give it some time. You will be more humbled.
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by Sprumbaba: 3:29pm On Mar 28, 2020
valx2:
This is the most stupid comment that I've ever read on nairaland. And you think your sorry ass is safe wherever you are?

Leave the guy. It is just a matter of time.
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by Legendguru: 3:36pm On Mar 28, 2020
Oh
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by Nukilia: 3:39pm On Mar 28, 2020
GermanMelania:

Why are you like this?. These are humans dying. They rained no bombs on anyone. Even if you think their govt did wrong ( i dont know where you are getting your rained bombs on innocent accusation) there is zero need to delight in thier deaths .

Be mindful. You have GPS you benefit from for free, courtesy of the united states military.

We say it to their faces and careless about how they feel about my opinion!

"The dog knows how to smash the bones of a baby grasscutter while it breastfeeds its own puppies!"
" when the dreaded beasts of the jungle tears the child of the poor man, it is regarded as normal; when it gets to the turn of the rich, its a terrible event"

The matter calls for sober reflection on all sides...
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by GermanMelania: 4:36pm On Mar 28, 2020
Nukilia:

We say it to their faces and careless about how they feel about my opinion!

"The dog knows how to smash the bones of a baby grasscutter while it breastfeeds its own puppies!"
" when the dreaded beasts of the jungle tears the child of the poor man, it is regarded as normal; when it gets to the turn of the rich, its a terrible event"

The matter calls for sober reflection on all sides...

You are a russian troll. We do not delight in the death of others. We have family all over the world and want the best for all nations. There are ober 1 million nigerians and people of nigeriam descent in the u.s. those bodies could well be one of our family members.
Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by george441(m): 9:38pm On Mar 28, 2020
Please cooperate with the health officer.

Re: COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) by enomakos(m): 11:06am On Mar 30, 2020
sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Level Of Compliance On Social Distancing In Delta Amid COVID-19 Pandemic / South Africa Bans Doggy Style During Sex (Photo) / Now I Know Why Cheating Married People Don't Like Condom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.