Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,887 members, 7,810,412 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

Why Can't Prayer Stop Coronavirus?(pics) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Can't Prayer Stop Coronavirus?(pics) (1890 Views)

Coronavirus: Catholic Church Modifies Worship Mode In Lagos / Was Coronavirus Included In 2020 Prophecies? / David Kingleo Elijah: Going To China To 'Destroy Coronavirus' – Nigerian Prophet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't Prayer Stop Coronavirus?(pics) by JustSul: 7:16am On Mar 28, 2020
Instead of Christians, Muslims and other religious groups in the world to be praying for their imaginary God to heal covid19 victims, rather they are praying that scientists should speed up their research.

Most religious countries don't budget for science and research, they build churches and mosques instead of hospitals or laboratories.

They have closed all their churches and mosques but don't have enough hospitals which they really depend on.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't Prayer Stop Coronavirus?(pics) by OtemAtum: 7:35am On Mar 28, 2020
Because prayers are useless and just mere wishes
Homo Sapiens III 15:12 sacrifices are useless and prayers are for the weak. But he who wants to be great will use his head to think deep, be his own god and do good to his fellow human beings.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Can't Prayer Stop Coronavirus?(pics) by dawnomike(m): 7:36am On Mar 28, 2020
It is an inevictable signs of the end that cannot be easily thwarted! We were all ward of perilous times but whoever calls on the name of the LOrd will be saved... So, the question is- do you know the name of the Lord or better still do you truly believe the in the name of the Lord?

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Prayer Stop Coronavirus?(pics) by Jeromejnr(m): 7:45am On Mar 28, 2020
Lol...so the person in the white lab coat is an Atheist right? grin.

I see the Atheists are happy with this their new chant.

But I have a question for you OP I want you to answer.

If you contracted the COVID-19 today, why should God heal you personally? (Supposing God exists)

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Prayer Stop Coronavirus?(pics) by orisa37: 7:49am On Mar 28, 2020
Unreasonable Post.

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't Prayer Stop Coronavirus?(pics) by JustSul: 7:52am On Mar 28, 2020
dawnomike:
It is an inevictable signs of the end that cannot be easily thwarted! We were all ward of perilous times but whoever calls on the name of the LOrd will be saved... So, the question is- do you know the name of the Lord or better still do you truly believe the in the name of the Lord?

I don't believe in the name of the Lord because God has failed His/Her/Its people!

Thousands of Christians and Muslims around the world have died of covid19 despite praying and begging Jehovah/Allah for life.

Some Christians believe that God/Dog is doing clean up on earth and the people dying from covid19 are evil people and God is deciding to wipe out.
Smh

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't Prayer Stop Coronavirus?(pics) by JustSul: 7:54am On Mar 28, 2020
Jeromejnr:
Lol...so the person in the white lab coat is an Atheist right? grin.

I see the Atheists are happy with this their new chant.

But I have a question for you OP I want you to answer.

If you contracted the COVID-19 today, why should God heal you personally? (Supposing God exists)

He is a scientist, he depends on scientific solutions,

Jeromejnr
I'm very young and healthy for the virus to kill me,
Little drugs will save me from the virus,

God should go and heal His people begging Him first.

I don't need God's healing

4 Likes

Re: Why Can't Prayer Stop Coronavirus?(pics) by dawnomike(m): 8:10am On Mar 28, 2020
JustSul:

I don't believe in the name of the Lord because God has failed His/Her/Its people!

Thousands of Christians and Muslims around the world have died of covid19 despite praying and begging Jehovah/Allah for life.

Some Christians believe that God/Dog is doing clean up on earth and the people dying from covid19 are evil people and God is deciding to wipe out.
Smh
Smile... And more will still die! Not because they are sinners nor God does not care about them. I am not a Believer because i was born a Christian, I believe because i have seen the aspect of God few have seen. And it does not mean i still don't have problems and challenges!
The most important thing to God is where our spirit spends eternity.

You can be poor and broke but He cares more about the state of your soul
You can die in your thirties like Christ... It does not mean he does not care as it's not about when you die!
You as a Christian can even die in a plane crash like pastor Bimbo Odukoya - Your soul matters more to him than how you die
You can die even die of HIV/Aids or an earthquake... Where you spend eternity matters more to him.

4 Likes

Re: Why Can't Prayer Stop Coronavirus?(pics) by donbachi(m): 8:13am On Mar 28, 2020
OtemAtum:
Because prayers are useless and just mere wishes
Homo Sapiens III 15:12 sacrifices are useless and prayers are for the weak. But he who wants to be great will use his head to think deep, be his own god and do good to his fellow human beings.
homo sapiens III 1:12...whosoever that insults GOD will run mad and die.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Prayer Stop Coronavirus?(pics) by Jeromejnr(m): 8:18am On Mar 28, 2020
JustSul:

He is a scientist, he depends on scientific solutions,

You sure about that?

Statistically there more religious/spiritual people on earth than atheists. Most people believe in a form of higher power. Now it is also known that those who believe in a higher form of power (whatever it might be) seek for help in their various professions in life from what they seek as a higher power. E.g. whether it be an actor, business man, med lab scientists.

Now BBC did a research and came to the conclusion that about 84 percent of people in the world are involved in a form of religion. (You can google that). That is about 16 percent of the world are Atheists.

So let's just say, 1 in every 6 persons is an Atheist right. Therefore the chances of that person in the lab coat being a religious person is 5:1.

Now some of these scientists got their striking solutions from dreams. An example will be a man called Dr. James Watson. He got the shape and structure of DNA from his sleep. (Now DNA and natural selection has been a great contender against the theory of evolution.)

So now the question to you is, people such as these (and there are many more). How was their subconscious able to come up with an intelligent solution on an abstract concept? After all, we all came from unintelligible matter as Atheists theorise.

Secondly, will you say here he depended only on scientific deductions to arrive at his solution without the help of a higher force?

Please elucidate.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Prayer Stop Coronavirus?(pics) by JustSul: 8:45am On Mar 28, 2020
Jeromejnr:

You sure about that?

Statistically there more religious/spiritual people on earth than atheists. Most people believe in a form of higher power. Now it is also known that those who believe in a higher form of power (whatever it might be) seek for help in their various professions in life from what they seek as a higher power. E.g. whether it be an actor, business man, med lab scientists.

Now BBC did a research and came to the conclusion that about 84 percent of people in the world are involved in a form of religion. (You can google that). That is about 16 percent of the world are Atheists.

So let's just say, 1 in every 6 persons is an Atheist right. Therefore the chances of that person in the lab coat being a religious person is 5:1.

Now some of these scientists got their striking solutions from dreams. An example will be a man called Dr. James Watson. He got the shape and structure of DNA from his sleep. (Now DNA and natural selection has been a great contender against the theory of evolution.)

So now the question to you is, people such as these (and there are many more). How was their subconscious able to come up with an intelligent solution on an abstract concept? After all, we all came from unintelligible matter as Atheists theorise.

Secondly, will you say here he depended only on scientific deductions to arrive at his solution without the help of a higher force?

Please elucidate.

You're stylishly deviating

We are not talking of atheists or theists here, it's not mentioned anywhere up.
I'm not an atheist/theist,

I'm agnostic,
I agree with science over any religion,

It's science vs these well known Religions

Dreaming is of the mind, don't give it a religious meaning, you will soon claim it was Jesus that revealed the shape of the DNA to that scientist you mentioned.
grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't Prayer Stop Coronavirus?(pics) by Jeromejnr(m): 8:47am On Mar 28, 2020
JustSul:

You're stylishly deviating

We are not talking of atheists or theists here, it's not mentioned anywhere up.
I'm not an atheist/theist,

I'm agnostic,
I agree with science over any religion,

It's science vs these well known Religions

Dreaming is of the mind, don't give it a religious meaning, you will soon claim it was Jesus that revealed the shape of the DNA to that scientist you mentioned.
grin

I never claimed your last statement Sir.

But as usual, they bow out when they cant answer my questions.
Lol.
Re: Why Can't Prayer Stop Coronavirus?(pics) by Goshen360(m): 8:56am On Mar 28, 2020
As if prayer started it in the first place....yeyenatu!
Re: Why Can't Prayer Stop Coronavirus?(pics) by orisa37: 9:00am On Mar 28, 2020
Who says Prayer is not stopping it?

You mean you have not seen what God has done so far?
Re: Why Can't Prayer Stop Coronavirus?(pics) by Originakalokalo(m): 9:03am On Mar 28, 2020
JustSul:
Instead of Christians, Muslims and other religious groups in the world to be praying for their imaginary God to heal covid19 victims, rather they are praying that scientists should speed up their research.

Most religious countries don't budget for science and research, they build churches and mosques instead of hospitals or laboratories.

They have closed all their churches and mosques but don't have enough hospitals which they really depend on.

When God decided to exiled the children of Israel to Babylon as a result of their atrocities, Meshach, Shedrach and Daniel were taking together with the evil doers.

The prayers of the church will not stop the judgement of God on the last day....Or stop the end fromy coming.

I advice every Christian here to read his bible well.The devils are trying all they can to take your faith away.
Re: Why Can't Prayer Stop Coronavirus?(pics) by orisa37: 9:07am On Mar 28, 2020
Science is a Religion.
Re: Why Can't Prayer Stop Coronavirus?(pics) by JustSul: 9:11am On Mar 28, 2020
Originakalokalo:

When God decided to exiled the children of Israel to Babylon as a result of their atrocities, Meshach, Shedrach and Daniel were taking together with the evil doers.

The prayers of the church will not stop the judgement of God on the last day....Or stop the end fromy coming.

I advice every Christian here to read his bible well.The devils are trying all they can to take your faith away.

Christians are dying in pain all over the world just like other people,
Stop deceiving yourself,
Your God don't value you more than other animals like dogs, cats, apes, humans of any religion etc

Stop deceiving yourself with Christianity as there is nothing special being a Christian.

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't Prayer Stop Coronavirus?(pics) by OtemAtum: 9:36am On Mar 28, 2020
donbachi:
homo sapiens III 1:12...whosoever that insults GOD will run mad and die.
It's a lie. People don't even know what is God, therefore whoever you mock is a mere creature of God.
Re: Why Can't Prayer Stop Coronavirus?(pics) by Peace1993: 9:50am On Mar 28, 2020
The only cure (BODY IMMUNITY)that is known available as of present, is it created by science or scientific efforts? Because some of you would just sit in one corner and decide to be spitting rubbish without any intellectual paradigm.
JustSul:

Re: Why Can't Prayer Stop Coronavirus?(pics) by earthsync(f): 10:02am On Mar 28, 2020
dawnomike:
Smile... And more will still die! Not because they are sinners nor God does not care about them. I am not a Believer because i was born a Christian, I believe because i have seen the aspect of God few have seen. And it does not mean i still don't have problems and challenges!

You can die in your thirties like Christ... It does not mean he does not care as it's not about when you die!
You as a Christian can even die in a plane crash like pastor Bimbo Odukoya - Your soul matters more to him than how you die
You can die even die of HIV/Aids or an earthquake... Where you spend eternity matters more to him.

So those who died before colonialism are where now? Hell? Heaven?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't Prayer Stop Coronavirus?(pics) by Bacteriologist(m): 10:05am On Mar 28, 2020
It is simply because the concept of Prayer, itself is stupid and is one of the (many) things a lot of theists don't sit to think about.

So you serve an all-knowing, omnipotent god who knows all what you want but just wants to hear you beg for it? The concept of Prayer itself, leads one to conclude that the Christian or Muslim god if he exists, is a total sadist.

Prayer is OBVIOUSLY USELESS and nothing more than wishful thinking. As people of ALL religions can attest to having their prayers answered, including those with ridiculous gods like the flying spaghetti monster. Even Atheists have wishes that come true some of the time. Prayer does nothing rather than make you feel better about doing nothing.

No drowning Christian would take prayers over an actual life boat. The US declared March 15 as a day of prayer over COVID-19 all over the country. They are now the country with the highest cases of the virus.

Prayer is the single most ridiculous thing about all religions.

It is therefore no surprise why NO meaningful discovery or breakthrough has been made solely by praying. Wake up and smell the coffee guys, Prayer is USELESS, Religion is A LIE.

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't Prayer Stop Coronavirus?(pics) by JustSul: 10:08am On Mar 28, 2020
Peace1993:
[s]The only cure (BODY IMMUNITY)that is known available as of present, is it created by science or scientific efforts? Because some of you would just sit in one corner and decide to be spitting rubbish without any intellectual paradigm.[/s]

I don't get your point
Re: Why Can't Prayer Stop Coronavirus?(pics) by Peace1993: 10:10am On Mar 28, 2020
OK
JustSul:

I don't get your point
Re: Why Can't Prayer Stop Coronavirus?(pics) by dawnomike(m): 12:06pm On Mar 28, 2020
earthsync:

I wish i child answer that question accurately... But i know, those who died without the law shall be judge without the law! For them, since they didn't hear the gospel... Their conscience shall be their judge. (This id my personal belief and opinion. It does not mean i am right about it).
Re: Why Can't Prayer Stop Coronavirus?(pics) by Bacteriologist(m): 12:45pm On Mar 28, 2020
dawnomike:
I wish i child answer that question accurately... But i know, those who died without the law shall be judge without the law! For them, since they didn't hear the gospel... Their conscience shall be their judge. (This id my personal belief and opinion. It does not mean i am right about it).

If that is the case then why are Christians preaching? If those that did not hear the gospel are going to heaven. Then why are Christians trying to reduce their chances by making them hear it (preaching?). Are you guys evil?

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't Prayer Stop Coronavirus?(pics) by Originakalokalo(m): 1:12pm On Mar 28, 2020
JustSul:

Christians are dying in pain all over the world just like other people,
Stop deceiving yourself,
Your God don't value you more than other animals like dogs, cats, apes, humans of any religion etc

Stop deceiving yourself with Christianity as there is nothing special being a Christian.

Jesus is Lord.

The judgement day is coming.

Change your ways and live a holy life.

All what you stated above were foretold by jesus.

I am aware of it's intensity towards the end of age.
Re: Why Can't Prayer Stop Coronavirus?(pics) by JustSul: 1:17pm On Mar 28, 2020
Originakalokalo:

[s]Jesus is Lord.

The judgement day is coming.

Change your ways and live a holy life.

All what you stated above were foretold by jesus.

I am aware of it's intensity towards the end of age. [/s]

Keep fooling yasef that a Jewish man whom existed 2k yrs ago is your Lord.

Holy life just like you wicked Christians and Muslims are living?

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Prayer Stop Coronavirus?(pics) by Originakalokalo(m): 1:24pm On Mar 28, 2020
JustSul:

Keep fooling yasef that a Jewish man whom existed 2k yrs ago is your Lord.

Holy life just like you wicked Christians and Muslims are living?

You have heard. You don't have any excuse after life.
Re: Why Can't Prayer Stop Coronavirus?(pics) by Tobechuckwu(m): 1:26pm On Mar 28, 2020
Jesus Christ is Lord!!!
Our prayers as Christians are working, the weapons of our warfare are not carnal.
Yes, we know that a lot of Christians have died, but we stand in d gap for them as Christians and we pray to a living God. Our God answers prayers same way He answered the church when the apostles were arrested in the Bible days.
This is definitely d devil's work because anything that stop preaching of the gospel and going to church cannot be from God. Getting people save is God's number one job given to we Christians and anything that want to stop it is not from God because Jesus Christ died for this course.
Solution will definitely come through our prayers as Christians.
Re: Why Can't Prayer Stop Coronavirus?(pics) by JustSul: 2:16pm On Mar 28, 2020
[s]
Originakalokalo:

You have heard. You don't have any excuse after life.
[/s]

You're not making any sense
Re: Why Can't Prayer Stop Coronavirus?(pics) by joe4christ(m): 2:26pm On Mar 28, 2020
dawnomike:

Thats a careless papa. Right?
Re: Why Can't Prayer Stop Coronavirus?(pics) by joe4christ(m): 2:39pm On Mar 28, 2020
earthsync:

Sure hell fire. That's why God sent the white British to come exploring our ancestors in exchange for the gospel which is capable of saving their soul from damnation. As even the devil is tired of seeing the souls of Nigerians coming to Hades.
Hope you know your great grandparents are burning there as we speak grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

On The Issue Of Star Stealing And Spiritual Husbands And Wife / Love, Love, Love (1 Corinthians 13) / Your Opinion Count On This "tithe Calculation".

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.