Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,247 members, 7,825,942 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

My Achievements In 2010, By Jonathan. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Achievements In 2010, By Jonathan. (1233 Views)

My Successor May Not Consolidate On My Achievements – Jega / 8 New Ministers Appointed By Jonathan Get Portfolios / Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Achievements In 2010, By Jonathan. by Slim101(m): 7:03am On Dec 29, 2010
PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan Monday gave his administration a pass mark.

Jonathan said he is gratified that this Christmas, Nigerians could boast of progress in some sectors, unlike what happened last year.

He wrote a message entitled: “Tangible reasons to wish you a Merry Christmas this year” on his Facebook page yesterday.

The President said many Nigerians were glad  that there was no fuel scarcity this Christmas unlike previous years, adding: “Note that this did not happen by accident but is a deliberate effort by this administration to ease the pains of Nigerians at this time of the year.”

In the aviation sector, he said, the country could boast of four airlines (Arik, Continental, Delta and United), with direct flights from the United States (US) while the country could only boast of one last year.

This Christmas, Jonathan said, Nigerians could boast of five functional international airports.

He said: “These new international airports made it easier to airlift Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu (please pray for his recovery) instead of risking his life further by driving him to a farther airport. This Christmas Nigerians can boast of a Total Radar Coverage of Nigeria which we did not have last Christmas.”

The President’s statement reads: “My dear Facebook friends and fellow Nigerians, this Christmas, I planned earlier in the year to go beyond the usual practise of just wishing Nigerians a Happy Christmas. I desired to go beyond wishes and do something tangible that will touch the life of the average Nigerian such that when I wish you a Merry Christmas there will be substance behind my greeting. It is for this reason that I spent the last six months as your President working as hard as I could to have something to report back to you at the end of the year as a reason for your good cheer this Yuletide season.

“In the manufacturing sector, Nigerians can celebrate the reopening of three textile mills in Kaduna that had previously been closed including the United Nigeria Textile Mills Ltd.; which has reopened as a result of accessing funds from the N200 billion textile industry bail out funds leading to the re engagement of 2000 workers that were laid off when the company went out of business. These workers will have a pay cheque this Christmas where they had none last Christmas.

“In the education sector, this Christmas, Nigerians can celebrate an allocation of almost N1 trillion (N933 billion) in the proposed budget for 2011 to a sector which had less than a third of that amount (N249.08 billion) allocated to it last Christmas. In addition, Nigeria can celebrate this Christmas the addition of one new Federal University in each of the six geo-politcal zones for which work has already begun. The six new federal universities did not exist last year.”

Jonathan added: “In the arena of foreign affairs, Nigeria can celebrate recent successes in diplomacy in the handling of the arms seizure from Iran , containing the crisis in the Republic of Côte d’Ivoire and our pro-democratic efforts in  Niger Republic . Last Christmas there was a degree of uncertainty in Nigeria and our diplomatic efforts suffered with the Abdulmutallab incident.”

“In the area of human rights, Nigerians have seen improvements. While there was tension in some parts of the North last Christmas, this Christmas those tensions have eased. Last Christmas there were 27 soldiers serving a life sentence for an incidence that some claimed was not their fault but this Christmas they have been released and will spend Christmas with their families. Last Christmas several exiles such as Nuhu Ribadu and Nasir El Rufai etc spent Christmas away from their friends and families, but this Christmas they have the liberty to be with their friends and families in Nigeria plus there are NO Nigerian political exiles outside Nigeria this Christmas.

“Last Christmas the Southeast and some pockets in other areas where affected by the scourge of kidnappers, this Christmas those kidnappers have been largely routed and normalcy has returned to the affected areas for the most part. So all in all when we count our blessing we can see that we have a lot to be thankful to God for this Christmas.”

link: http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/23031.html
Re: My Achievements In 2010, By Jonathan. by Rhino5dm: 7:42am On Dec 29, 2010
Slim101:

PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan Monday gave his administration a pass mark.

Jonathan said he is gratified that this Christmas, Nigerians could boast of progress in some sectors, unlike what happened last year.

He wrote a message entitled: “Tangible reasons to wish you a Merry Christmas this year” on his Facebook page yesterday.

The President said many Nigerians were glad  that there was no fuel scarcity this Christmas unlike previous years, adding: “Note that this did not happen by accident but is a deliberate effort by this administration to ease the pains of Nigerians at this time of the year.”

In the aviation sector, he said, the country could boast of four airlines (Arik, Continental, Delta and United), with direct flights from the United States (US) while the country could only boast of one last year.

This Christmas, Jonathan said, Nigerians could boast of five functional international airports.

He said: “These new international airports made it easier to airlift Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu (please pray for his recovery) instead of risking his life further by driving him to a farther airport. This Christmas Nigerians can boast of a Total Radar Coverage of Nigeria which we did not have last Christmas.”

The President’s statement reads: [s] “My dear Facebook friends and fellow Nigerians, this Christmas, I planned earlier in the year to go beyond the usual practise of just wishing Nigerians a Happy Christmas. I desired to go beyond wishes and do something tangible that will touch the life of the average Nigerian such that when I wish you a Merry Christmas there will be substance behind my greeting. It is for this reason that I spent the last six months as your President working as hard as I could to have something to report back to you at the end of the year as a reason for your good cheer this Yuletide season.

“In the manufacturing sector, Nigerians can celebrate the reopening of three textile mills in Kaduna that had previously been closed including the United Nigeria Textile Mills Ltd.; which has reopened as a result of accessing funds from the N200 billion textile industry bail out funds leading to the re engagement of 2000 workers that were laid off when the company went out of business. These workers will have a pay cheque this Christmas where they had none last Christmas.

“In the education sector, this Christmas, Nigerians can celebrate an allocation of almost N1 trillion (N933 billion) in the proposed budget for 2011 to a sector which had less than a third of that amount (N249.08 billion) allocated to it last Christmas. In addition, Nigeria can celebrate this Christmas the addition of one new Federal University in each of the six geo-politcal zones for which work has already begun. The six new federal universities did not exist last year.”

Jonathan added: “In the arena of foreign affairs, Nigeria can celebrate recent successes in diplomacy in the handling of the arms seizure from Iran , containing the crisis in the Republic of Côte d’Ivoire and our pro-democratic efforts in  Niger Republic . Last Christmas there was a degree of uncertainty in Nigeria and our diplomatic efforts suffered with the Abdulmutallab incident.”

“In the area of human rights, Nigerians have seen improvements. While there was tension in some parts of the North last Christmas, this Christmas those tensions have eased. Last Christmas there were 27 soldiers serving a life sentence for an incidence that some claimed was not their fault but this Christmas they have been released and will spend Christmas with their families. Last Christmas several exiles such as Nuhu Ribadu and Nasir El Rufai etc spent Christmas away from their friends and families, but this Christmas they have the liberty to be with their friends and families in Nigeria plus there are NO Nigerian political exiles outside Nigeria this Christmas.

“Last Christmas the Southeast and some pockets in other areas where affected by the scourge of kidnappers, this Christmas those kidnappers have been largely routed and normalcy has returned to the affected areas for the most part. So all in all when we count our blessing we can see that we have a lot to be thankful to God for this Christmas.”
[/s]

link: http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/23031.html

chrismas, chrismas, chrismas ehn? cancelled. where is my chrismas Goat? grin grin grin
Re: My Achievements In 2010, By Jonathan. by KnowAll(m): 7:49am On Dec 29, 2010
James is a political refugee, so there is some ptical refugees outside d country.
Re: My Achievements In 2010, By Jonathan. by Nsiman(m): 8:52am On Dec 29, 2010
Oh! People wanted to know what gej has done, pls come here and verify
Re: My Achievements In 2010, By Jonathan. by jamace(m): 8:58am On Dec 29, 2010
James is a political refugee, so there is some ptical refugees outside d country.

No. He only jumped from frying pan into fire. He is facing trial there. grin grin
Re: My Achievements In 2010, By Jonathan. by otokx(m): 1:07pm On Dec 29, 2010
Public Electricity system in the Port Harcourt area has collapsed for the past 2 days.
Re: My Achievements In 2010, By Jonathan. by Vigilante: 1:17pm On Dec 29, 2010
This GEJ is simply pathetic. How low can he go. What of the bombs and near absence of security. Nothing to say?
Re: My Achievements In 2010, By Jonathan. by Mobinga: 3:41pm On Dec 29, 2010
This is simply egregious.
Re: My Achievements In 2010, By Jonathan. by Akainzo(m): 3:51pm On Dec 29, 2010
Slim101:

I know Nigeria has Five named International Airports, but using functional to describe any of those our International accredited airport is laughable in 2010.

So the only functional benefit of that airport worthy of mention is its use an escape route. What you missed is the import that we do not have functional medical facilities in the nation!

A very good deed, and typically undone by lifting the ban on imported textile materials 3 days before the opening of the same UNTL. What is the actual focus, the propaganda or the susteinable development of the textile sector?

Mr president, I would advice that the FG fund the existing ones first to a world class level. However, I recognise that corruption is festered while awarding major building contrcats. At least there are now 6 new lines for budgeting. By the way, how much of these N933B is allocated to these new universities?

Hmmm, compare this to the umber of families crying due to the Christmas eve blast in Jos. The number of families that observed Christmas in the hospital due to lack of good roads, lack of adequate mediacl facilities or other failings of giovernment while Ribadu and El Rufai were partying?

Mr President, you lack the capacity to understand what national issues are about. That, is your major failing.

1 Like

Re: My Achievements In 2010, By Jonathan. by rebranded(m): 3:58pm On Dec 29, 2010
lol. .this guy is a clown. .what does all these have to do with the average nigerian man!

Safety = Zero
Health Care = Zero
Corruption = High
Unemployment = High
Re: My Achievements In 2010, By Jonathan. by Becomrich12: 4:05pm On Dec 29, 2010
this picture tell you, what your future would be.

Re: My Achievements In 2010, By Jonathan. by Gekko(m): 4:20pm On Dec 29, 2010
GEJ should hang himself if this is what he considers achievement. Mr. President do your self and Nigerians a favor and step aside for a qualified candidate, you are not worthy.
Re: My Achievements In 2010, By Jonathan. by Beaf: 4:44pm On Dec 29, 2010
Well done to the President, there are many common people who have been positively touched. There is still a lot to be done, but it is step by encouraging step.
All in all, a very good first year.
Re: My Achievements In 2010, By Jonathan. by hercules07: 4:59pm On Dec 29, 2010
He should not claim anything as per the airlines having direct flights to the US, the commendation should go to the NCAA guy, and the process started and ended when Yar Adua was the President.
Re: My Achievements In 2010, By Jonathan. by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 29, 2010
He talks b4 he thinks & thinks after talking same with Atiku. with PDP U r sure stagnation all d way. Imagine what my president resited as his achievement. What manner of people r arnd dis guy? Dnt dey think & advice dis guy on what & things to say at any given time. I recomend he draft former min of information during obj's time- FRANK NWAKE JR To do must of d talkings for him. He will project him positively and restore d santity of d office of d presidency. At d moment GEJ shld jst shut up, he is nothing bt a serious clown talking TRASH.
Re: My Achievements In 2010, By Jonathan. by Nsiman(m): 8:31pm On Dec 29, 2010
No nigerian president, i repeat, no nigerian president can make an ordinary nigerian feel govt +vely because our population is growing per minute, unemployment is advancing yearly, der4 hunger is increasing per second, insecurity is waking up per second too. The solutions i think is either splitting this country or practicing resource control.
Re: My Achievements In 2010, By Jonathan. by Pharoh: 9:26pm On Dec 29, 2010
This are very welcomed development and a good sign of more to come as the years progress.
Re: My Achievements In 2010, By Jonathan. by violent(m): 9:57pm On Dec 29, 2010
ah!. . and congratulations Mr President,  the number of people that got wasted from Boko Haram crises dropped from around 750 last year to only about 80 this year although the number of perpetrators that got legally convicted remains at almost zero.

This Jonathan dude deserves some bítch slapping, he could ve just kept shut without appearing ridiculous like he just did!
Re: My Achievements In 2010, By Jonathan. by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 29, 2010
What the President listed as tangible achievements is simply ridiculous and shameful and sounds more like a joke to me.

I also find it disappointing that the President tries to score cheap political points with the airlifting of Ojukwu when the man is possibly spending the last days of his life with his family. President Jonathan should do Ojukwu's family a favour and not drag the man's name into his desperate politics.

If the Government Jonathan represent was alive in their responsibilities we wont be airlifting sick ppeople to abroad.

In a year where we have had the depletion of the ECA, approval of 1 Billion for importation of dustbins, failure of electoral reform, overspending by this administration and their economics dont add up; to list things like increment on the number of Airlines is simply funny and ridiculous.
Re: My Achievements In 2010, By Jonathan. by xterra2(m): 10:16pm On Dec 29, 2010
Beaf:

Well done to the President, there are many common people who have been positively touched. There is still a lot to be done, but it is step by encouraging step.
All in all, a very good first year.
Mister see this :

Akainzo:

I know Nigeria has Five named International Airports, but using functional to describe any of those our International accredited airport is laughable in 2010.

So the only functional benefit of that airport worthy of mention is its use an escape route. What you missed is the import that we do not have functional medical facilities in the nation!

A very good deed, and typically undone by lifting the ban on imported textile materials 3 days before the opening of the same UNTL. What is the actual focus, the propaganda or the susteinable development of the textile sector?

Mr president, I would advice that the FG fund the existing ones first to a world class level. However, I recognise that corruption is festered while awarding major building contrcats. At least there are now 6 new lines for budgeting. By the way, how much of these N933B is allocated to these new universities?

Hmmm, compare this to the umber of families crying due to the Christmas eve blast in Jos. The number of families that observed Christmas in the hospital due to lack of good roads, lack of adequate mediacl facilities or other failings of giovernment while Ribadu and El Rufai were partying?

Mr President, you lack the capacity to understand what national issues are about. That, is your major failing.

[size=13pt]ALso the TRACON Radar Issue he Jonathan didnt start it the money was paid all before his adminstation so WHAT THE HELL is he talking about, he didnt start [/size]
Re: My Achievements In 2010, By Jonathan. by xterra2(m): 10:18pm On Dec 29, 2010
See Akainzo priginal post
Re: My Achievements In 2010, By Jonathan. by dplordx(m): 12:38am On Dec 30, 2010
Even Paddy_lo and aasog av succumbed. Those guys have run out of vocabs and twistable economical terms to defend this serial flip-flopper of a president.
With the spate of bomb blast by boko-haram, john togo and co all over the country, im sure gej isnt the guy for this tough job.
this is one weak, senile, completely ineffective guy who has sunk our entire foreign reserve into phcn, yet hasnt recorded any meaningful progress.
gej should leave the seat of power to someone who is more effective or can follow yaradua asap.
Re: My Achievements In 2010, By Jonathan. by DisGuy: 1:43am On Dec 30, 2010
Bloody hell, see Jonathan taking credits for other people's work Na Real Wa OOOO
this bayelsa failure claiming TRACON, intercontinental flight like it was something all started this year this is a super maga of a president

Containment of Ivory Coast post election problem? ogini

the refurbishment of the Enugu airport started way before him, even without an 'international' tag a bloody plane could have landed there easily, so what they just added the word international- someone should investigate that is bayelsan Phd
Re: My Achievements In 2010, By Jonathan. by Kobojunkie: 2:02am On Dec 30, 2010
dplordx:

Even Paddy_lo and aasog av succumbed. Those guys have run out of vocabs and twistable economical terms to defend this serial flip-flopper of a president.
With the spate of bomb blast by boko-haram, john togo and co all over the country, im sure gej isnt the guy for this tough job.
this is one weak, senile, completely ineffective guy who has sunk our entire foreign reserve into phcn, yet hasnt recorded any meaningful progress.
gej should leave the seat of power to someone who is more effective or can follow yaradua asap.

Are you for real?  shocked shocked shocked

ROFLMAO!!! ROFLMAO!!!

violent:

ah!. . and congratulations Mr President,  the number of people that got wasted from Boko Haram crises dropped from around 750 last year to only about 80 this year although the number of perpetrators that got legally convicted remains at almost zero.

T[b]his Jonathan dude deserves some bítch slapping, he could ve just kept shut without appearing ridiculous like he just did![/b]

lol
Re: My Achievements In 2010, By Jonathan. by Kobojunkie: 2:29am On Dec 30, 2010
Dis Guy:

the refurbishment of the Enugu airport started way before him, even without an 'international' tag a bloody plane could have landed there easily, so what they just added the word international- someone should investigate that is bayelsan Phd

I think there is a question still hanging on the issue of international status on that airport. Back in 2007, Yar adua was reported to have upgraded the airport to international status. Even after there were reports that the Federal government had gone back on it, it was still reported in other news that the airport had the status, and so the upgrade was to improve standards. My reading again, last month that Jonathan is the one who upgraded the same airport to international status causes me to think someone is not telling us the truth.
Re: My Achievements In 2010, By Jonathan. by DisGuy: 3:49am On Dec 30, 2010
The way I read it was that, contracts were awarded to upgrade/refurbish the airport so it can become an international airport, the media announced it as being given an international status for some weird reason the then minister thought it was smart clarifying that it wasn't an international airport yet

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-359686.0.html
Re: My Achievements In 2010, By Jonathan. by Kobojunkie: 4:25am On Dec 30, 2010
Dis Guy:

The way I read it was that, contracts were awarded to upgrade/refurbish the airport so it can become an international airport, the media announced it as being given an international status for some weird reason the then minister thought it was smart clarifying that it wasn't an international airport yet

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-359686.0.html

oohh!! That makes sense . . . so, I am still left wondering why this guy is claiming he is the one who gave the airport international status when that was done by Yar adua? And the Upgrades which started last year and were scheduled for completion back in November, seemed to have gone as planned?
Re: My Achievements In 2010, By Jonathan. by Nobody: 6:05am On Dec 30, 2010
containing the crisis in Ivory Coast? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12091738
Ivory Coast UN ambassador warns of genocide risk

Mr Gbagbo's supporters have said they will storm the hotel where Mr Ouattara is holed up
Continue reading the main story
Ivory Coast: Two presidents, one crisisArmed and ready
Siege mentality
Cocoa high
Q&A: Ivory Coast election crisis
Ivory Coast's newly appointed ambassador to the UN has warned the country is "on the brink of genocide".

In a TV interview, Youssoufou Bamba said there had been large scale violation of human rights as a result of the ongoing political unrest.

Laurent Gbagbo is refusing to step down despite his rival, Alassane Ouattara, being internationally accepted as the presidential election winner.

The UN has accused state media of inciting hatred against it.

Mr Gbagbo has said Mr Ouattara's victory in November was illegitimate. Both men have been sworn in as president.

Mr Bamba, who was appointed by Mr Ouattara, was formally welcomed at the UN's New York headquarters on Wednesday, solidifying UN support for Mr Ouattara.

At a press conference, Mr Bamba said Mr Ouattara had been elected in a "free, fair, transparent, democratic election".

"To me the debate is over, now you are talking about how and when Mr Gbagbo will leave office," he said.

Re: My Achievements In 2010, By Jonathan. by DisGuy: 2:48pm On Dec 30, 2010
Very soon he will claim the broadband revolution in Nigeria

his only achievement is bringing a university to his home town and it will probably be blown up before it commences next year

(1) (Reply)

Agbalumo Revolution: Let's Get Ribadu Elected / IKOSI ISHERI LCDA COLLECTED 20,000 NAIRA FOR RADIO AND TV PERMIT FOR A 12X12 / History Lessons: The Name Ogbunigwe!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.