Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) (92516 Views)

Please Help!!! My Access Bank Just Got Debited, What Should I Do? / Over N400k+ Fraud Debit Resolved By Stanbicibtc In Less Than 48hrs Working Day / Stanbic IBTC Bank Staff In School Uniforms To Mark Customer Service Week. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by JaySterling: 8:33pm On Mar 29, 2020
Stanbic is a fraud bank

Please report to CBN’s consumer protection department

Your Money will come out

1 Like

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 29, 2020
Omor dem fvck this guy bad shocked
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Treasuredvessel: 8:35pm On Mar 29, 2020
Go to the bank tomorrow, they should lodge the complaint to their fraud desk,its possible to recover your money,is your card a visa card,because this seems common with visa cards,my friend had similar experience but luckily he got his money back after a month.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by jahlove4jah: 8:36pm On Mar 29, 2020
Francisduckman:

shey abi you no day see pos transaction for shopping there? transfer to which account keh? shey the benefactor name sound like Nigerian to you?
oya go and contact Mexican bank na...

bros your money don go simple. the person is not too dumb as you think!

Okay.

I tot he said series of transactions. Hence I was thinking some may have been transfer or air time purchase.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by LegacyB: 8:38pm On Mar 29, 2020
ejimatic:
. Do you have an ATM for this account? If yes where was your ATM when the transaction was made? If it was with you then it means your account details were compromised by the Stanbic staff with fraudsters ...It is shocking to see how some bank staff in Nigeria give account details to scammers so as to defraud customers.When they are less busy you will see them checking people s accounts nationwide.Recently I was called by a lady who wanted to defraud me too.She mentioned my name and transaction I made last from my account.A calculated scam..Please go to the bank again with your lawyer and threaten their management with legal action.Since your ATM was with you the bank MUST explain why your money was withdrawn without your knowledge. It is a conspiracy between the bank staff and the scammers.
what about the PIN did the bank staff manufacture that too Let’s understand how this things work properly. His PIN was compromised the only question here is how?

2 Likes

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Juliearth(f): 8:39pm On Mar 29, 2020
dicksonadams:
someone fraudulently gain access to my account last night 28TH March 2020 and performed a series transactions of N443,928.49 without my authorisation.

I have called StanbicIBTC customer care and the lady I spoke with told me they would disable the account and push the case to stanbicIBTC fraud unit. Luckily I was able to transfered remaining balance to my GTB account to prevent further debits (I only saw this at about 5am when I work up to pee and saw a single alert of about 6k which I guess was the first trial. The funny thing was thst the debit alert for others or the login notifications or OTp token request didn't drop in my phone Sms or email just the first 6k.

The debited money 400k+ is still being held in my account Ledger balance (see screenshot), please I will appreciate any assistance in recoverying the money. I had no reason to believe my money wasn't safe in my StanbicIbtc bank account.

Note: I rarely used this account apart for saving... I rarely use the atm on this account too. I usually transfer from this account to my gtb before withdrawing.

Bank say there is slim chance of getting the money, that even though the fund are still held in ledger balance they are as good as debited.

Same thing happened to my loved one. The amount in his own case was more though. He went rogue on them and the amount was refunded, only that it took time. Its possible an insider was from the bank was involved, or you divulged your details by clicking on all those fraudulent links... Or you let your guards down and someone close to you took your dets. Whatever the case may be, do not spare them!

2 Likes

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by DonnyE(m): 8:40pm On Mar 29, 2020
cruzydal:

No offence but this is dumb . Very barbaric .
Bros I beg to disagree, I once had a similar issue with GTB and I was a corp member then, even though I didn't make a since by shouting, I wore my full kaki which draw attention to everyone in the banking hall(greeting me). In less than 30 minutes my issue was resolved and I could noticed the staff trembling with fear.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Vicyace: 8:41pm On Mar 29, 2020
Looking the number of POS transactions, I can only point out that Stanbic Bank is a shitty bank and there is no security of funds. You are better off keeping your money under the pillow or in a wooden cupboard.

In advanced countries, security measures are in place and they know your spending pattern. Once transactions on your account deviates from your known spending pattern, your account will be place on hold to protect your funds and you will be contacted for further information.

The purpose of using a bank is to safeguard your funds. In this regards, that bank has failed.

Report at the police station, gather all relevant information, send a mail to the HQ, call them out on social media (Twitter is a good place), don't stop until you recover your money.

Even in sane countries, when you send money to scammers and you are able to report on time, your insurance with the bank can still help recover your money, maybe not all but at least half of it.

Everything is so wrong in this country and that is why its difficult to introduce contact less card transactions.

2 Likes

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Tchange1(m): 8:41pm On Mar 29, 2020
Its an inside Job sir.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Nobody: 8:41pm On Mar 29, 2020
just2endowed:
This is serious Seun.. Let's save a life.

It should be moved to front page

Endless pos transaction n

Your money/ATM card was duplicated and swiped in Mexico...
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Juliearth(f): 8:43pm On Mar 29, 2020
dicksonadams:
Yes I am suspecting an insider job. Just pray I can get my money back

You will if you act fast and smart. Some people dropped some good tips here. Act on them sir.

1 Like

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by tetula123(m): 8:44pm On Mar 29, 2020
dicksonadams:

I created the topic on Twitter and tagged cbn and StanbicIBTC
good. Any reply?
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by FakaF: 8:44pm On Mar 29, 2020
Your must have revealed your card details on a fraudulent/unsecured website one way or another.
Simple!
Don't waste your time. You lost the money, forget it.
Advice: DO NOT reveal your card details to people/platforms that you do not know.
Better still use prepaid cards for web transactions.
NOTHING LIKE INSIDE JOB!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by biggy00000(m): 8:45pm On Mar 29, 2020
Reading most of the comments here I can say most of us are uneducated as to how these things work this the shout for go and shout at the bank; there is an insider collaboration and other mundane talks.

Often times, victims of fraud would never open up 100% as to all activities presiding the fraud for dear of being called names.

@Op, my heart goes out to you in these trying times. What I would advise is to visit any open branch of SIBTC to make a formal request/ send a mail as well to the customer care line if you are yet to do so (mail address should be behind the card) and follow up till you get a closure.

I for one have visited my bank to inquire about a debit I considered fraudulent only to be schooled on the reason for the debit. I would advise we all do same if we ever feel cheated; let them know you are watching your account balance closely.

Finally, sincere apologies to any who might feel offended by my post

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Godfullsam(m): 8:45pm On Mar 29, 2020
escohido123:
Tour card details was compromised hence it was used to purchase goods online.
The blocked funds will be debited as soon as merchant comes for funds however if merchant do not come for funds it will be released to ur account within 8 days.
I advise u call ur bank,they will block ur card and ask u to fill a dispute form to enable them investigate.
Always protect ur card details.
All that is needed to carry out transactions with ur card is the last 6 digits if ur card,card Security and expiry date.
Please let's be careful at all times.

My advise for us all is to have a sub account (i.e GT Target account) where ur major money will be kept while u just move a little amount to ur savings or current account so that in situations like this ur account will not be sufficiently funded or if u are robbed they can't have access to this ur target account.
It works for me and my colleagues in the office.
I work with GTBank and am telling you this as an expert.

Pls what do you mean by sub account?

If I open an account with a bank mainly for saving funds and I didn't collect ATM for the account and I don't do any online transactions with the account, is my money safe?
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by unibenakpos(m): 8:45pm On Mar 29, 2020
people will attack me for this comment.
Did you give out when a trend was opened to give out what one can afford to path with this corona period. if yes, so sorry about this, dont always conclude that its the bank staff, it can be a friend or family member. do well to protect your bank details like one who is protecting his life.
if no, do well to learn how to give out even if its small.

if you didn't see the trend thats no issue.

now my advice, if you have a lawyer friend or family, police contact them. you will be needing their help. visit the branch you opened the account or the nearest branch, they are likely not to take you serious. if they do so call them out on twitter, tell us to retweet.

start from somewhere
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by dicksonadams(m): 8:46pm On Mar 29, 2020
tetula123:
good. Any reply?

None yet
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by ejimatic: 8:47pm On Mar 29, 2020
LegacyB:
what about the PIN did the bank staff manufacture that too Let’s understand how this things work properly. His PIN was compromised the only question here is how?
. With those boys in the most of our banks the pins can be generated.....Pls Mount pressure on them .If you do so the bank will refund your money because it will affect their customer growth if it becomes a public knowledge...

1 Like

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by lastchild: 8:48pm On Mar 29, 2020
This same thing has happened in UbA, in that case the bank staff knew that the customer in question was a yahoo boy, he debited 500k, out of fear the yahoo boy kept quite because he didn't have any explanation to give incase if where he got such amount question arises

One day, another staff and a friend of the said staff who did the act out of envy or whatever it may be reached out to the yahoo boy and leaked the secret, gave him ideas on how to go about it, the G boy reported to the manager and threatened to tell the whole world, investigation was carried out and the guy was caught, his money was retrieved

For the fact that any banker where you bank can access your account once he/She has your account number actually puts them in that temptation to steal

1 Like

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by ejimatic: 8:49pm On Mar 29, 2020
LegacyB:
. With those boys in the most of our banks the pins can be generated..... Additionally can they not process debit for you in their bank ? Pls Mount pressure on them .If you do so the bank will refund your money because it will affect their customer growth if it becomes a public knowledge...
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by dicksonadams(m): 8:50pm On Mar 29, 2020
unibenakpos:
people will attack me for this comment.
Did you give out when a trend was opened to give out what one can afford to path with this corona period. if yes, so sorry about this, dont always conclude that its the bank staff, it can be a friend or family member. do well to protect your bank details like one who is protecting his life.
if no, do well to learn how to give out even if its small.

if you didn't see the trend thats no issue.

now my advice, if you have a lawyer friend or family, police contact them. you will be needing their help. visit the branch you opened the account or the nearest branch, they are likely not to take you serious. if they do so call them out on twitter, tell us to retweet.

start from somewhere

I didn't give out my info on any coro trend , bank or card.

I have also created it on Twitter tagged cbn and StanbicIBTC please help retweet... God bless you all for your support.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Dicksonadams/status/1243992529776914435?s=03
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by tonididdy(m): 8:50pm On Mar 29, 2020
Naira.... Mexico
What for
Doesn't add up

2 Likes

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by ibabz(m): 8:52pm On Mar 29, 2020
unmask:
That the money is in the ledger doesn't mean it hasn't been debited.....it is probably still showing there awaiting reconciliation

Oga, you are entitled to your opinion. I don't say what I don't know. According to my bank, international payment are held for a number of days in case their is dispute before releasing such funds.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by hustla(m): 8:52pm On Mar 29, 2020
lilachiever:
A bank staff is definitely involved...

Lodge a complaint at a police station and swear an affidavit, take both police report and affidavit to the bank HQ, your money go come out no matter how long it takes.

Long thing.

Make e take screenshots, email the bank and then copy efcc, cbn and icpc for the email...then take the screenshots to Twitter and mention those stated above too
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by tonididdy(m): 8:53pm On Mar 29, 2020
lastchild:
This same thing has happened in UbA, in that case the bank staff knew that the customer in question was a yahoo boy, he debited 500k, out of fear the yahoo boy kept quite because he didn't have any explanation to give incase if where he got such amount question arises

One day, another staff and a friend of the said staff who did the act out of envy or whatever it may be reached out to the yahoo boy and leaked the secret, gave him ideas on how to go about it, the G boy reported to the manager and threatened to tell the whole world, investigation was carried out and the guy was caught, his money was retrieved

For the fact that any banker where you bank can access your account once he/She has your account number actually puts them in that temptation to steal

100% true I guess. Because they have access to everything. The best one can do is to freeze the acct
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Juliearth(f): 8:53pm On Mar 29, 2020
lebete3000:

My bank account with them is somewhere gathering dust.

Thanks for reminding me, I have a lot of bank accounts to close tomorrow. Stanbic is 1st of them, then Access, First Bank and finally Zenith bank.

Sticking to only GTB & UBA. Simplicity does it abeg. Simplifying my life biko undecided

GTB isnt any better.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by E2000: 8:54pm On Mar 29, 2020
dicksonadams:
someone fraudulently gain access to my account last night 28TH March 2020 and performed a series transactions of N443,928.49 without my authorisation.

I have called StanbicIBTC customer care and the lady I spoke with told me they would disable the account and push the case to stanbicIBTC fraud unit. Luckily I was able to transfered remaining balance to my GTB account to prevent further debits (I only saw this at about 5am when I work up to pee and saw a single alert of about 6k which I guess was the first trial. The funny thing was thst the debit alert for others or the login notifications or OTp token request didn't drop in my phone Sms or email just the first 6k.

The debited money 400k+ is still being held in my account Ledger balance (see screenshot), please I will appreciate any assistance in recoverying the money. I had no reason to believe my money wasn't safe in my StanbicIbtc bank account.

Note: I rarely used this account apart for saving... I rarely use the atm on this account too. I usually transfer from this account to my gtb before withdrawing.

Bank say there is slim chance of getting the money, that even though the fund are still held in ledger balance they are as good as debited.

look for a lawyer and sue them. If you win the case demand for 5 million naira compensation

1 Like

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by moscow0147(m): 8:56pm On Mar 29, 2020
just2endowed:
This is serious Seun.. Let's save a life.

It should be moved to front page

Endless pos transaction n

They might have probably used your card on an offline pos machine or online pos machine. All they need do is get the numbers on your card just the front and back and you’ll start getting debit alerts. Let me stop here for now
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by bamac(m): 8:58pm On Mar 29, 2020
Some responses though shows clearly that many don't buy online. Jumia will send OTP for JumiaPay transactions, but for many banks, you will receive the debit alert like 3-4 days after.

If you use AliExpress, Amazon and the likes, Most times OTP is not needed and you won't receive alert till like 3-4days too.

It is not necessarily an insider work. The ATM of the fellow might have been tampered with by soneone very close.

I remember a new customer also sent me money for purchase on Jumia which is my Job, after processing the order, about 6 hours later I received a call from someone to return his money. Few minutes later as I tried to make another transaction I found out I can't but was thinking network was playing pranks so I used another bank. The person that called went to report in the bank and my account was blocked from outward transactions.

I had to go to police station to report the scenerio. We would have detected who used the account for transfer if the caller was calm, but his intention was to attack thinking I rubbed him. The item was delivered the second day.

After everything, the caller found out his brother made the transfer to me and used different address for delivery. They had to go back to the bank to clear the air and my account was released.

So, the OP should look inward if not that the Gboys have tampered with his details.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by petrusson(m): 9:01pm On Mar 29, 2020
Bro, I think your money is gone. From the information on the account statement you sent, the details of your payment card was used outside the country (Mexico or Spain) and they were POS purchases outside the country.
It's either you exposed your payment card details or it's a "bank job" or maybe you happen to be a victim of one of the badass hackers in the world.
The bank won't be able to do much. I work with an online payment organization and whenever I see cases like this, I just pity for the victims

1 Like

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by LydayBobo(m): 9:01pm On Mar 29, 2020
Generalnomercy:
Stanbic ibtc bank staff are notorious for stealing customers money that way.

Email Stanbic and copy CBN, Efcc.

They made me close my account with them.
please do you have evidence to support your claim. I will help you pursue it further
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by EgunMogaji2: 9:01pm On Mar 29, 2020
Is this not being used in Chihuahua Mexico??

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Lockdown: I Visited Shoprite In Ikeja And It Was Empty (Photos, Video) / Mansion: Tony Ezenna's House In Bourdillon, Ikoyi, Lagos. Photos / Binary Option Free Alert Season 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.