Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) (92509 Views)

Please Help!!! My Access Bank Just Got Debited, What Should I Do? / Over N400k+ Fraud Debit Resolved By Stanbicibtc In Less Than 48hrs Working Day / Stanbic IBTC Bank Staff In School Uniforms To Mark Customer Service Week. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by ellizy(m): 9:03pm On Mar 29, 2020
abbasajao:

Not necessarily. Your card is exposed.
Somebody has gained access to 16 digits of your atm card.
it doesn’t real matters you card is exposed... My brother had a similar case, his phone was stolen and all funds wiped off within 24hrs.. this was even more than a million naira....
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by sammycarz(m): 9:04pm On Mar 29, 2020
As funny as this may sound, it is a better way to protect your money.

bigpicture001:

Take money u don't use often to a micro finance bank.....no internet transactions there...no ATM...
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Godwin616: 9:04pm On Mar 29, 2020
[quote author=just2endowed post=87879371]

Hmmm I traced it to Mexico too[/quotei had a similar experience too. Mine was used used to pay for a transaction somewhere in a US shop. Unfortunately, it was carried out on a weekend,so the damage has been done before I could report if on Monday. Just block the card first. Your card detail has been hacked online,that's what happened.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Taeewo(m): 9:06pm On Mar 29, 2020
Francisduckman:

no he didn't buy gasoline with it, how can you buy gasoline 400k? with what? virtual card? he didn't have the card on him for crying out loud bro.. They used a specific pos from either the gas station mall or supermarket to Generate the card bin and then using a blank card, downloaded the info of his card data and swiped it, to pay for something digital. simple!
He should just confirm if the transaction is from those company shikena,it might help on the investigation cus the company might still be able to trace the transaction.

Like Cctv, Recipient address if the person oda online..No harm in contacting them.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by unibenakpos(m): 9:06pm On Mar 29, 2020
dicksonadams:

I didn't give out my info on any coro trend , bank or card.

I have also created it on Twitter tagged cbn and StanbicIBTC please help retweet... God bless you all for your support.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Dicksonadams/status/1243992529776914435?s=03
i have retweeted. guys lets retweet, if thats the only way we can help
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by precious1967(m): 9:07pm On Mar 29, 2020
report at d nearest police station or you petition the igp and cbn. the money is too much to forgo.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Awe4luv(m): 9:11pm On Mar 29, 2020
emmanuelalbert3:
The same thing with me last week Saturday night 10k was debited from my diamond - Access account, still now my bank hasn't given me a reason for that.... Just so bitter about all this mess....
the world is not just safe....
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Ishikanda: 9:12pm On Mar 29, 2020
That’s why I don’t use this bank anymore, was debited 10k, and the customer service is very poor in fact I was told there was no way to tell where the money went? Really, I kukuma withdrew all I had and never had anything to do with them again

For me there are 2 banks to use zenith and gtb
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Kingzy4pep(m): 9:14pm On Mar 29, 2020
lilachiever:
A bank staff is definitely involved...

Lodge a complaint at a police station and swear an affidavit, take both police report and affidavit to the bank HQ, your money go come out no matter how long it takes.
How?
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Abduletudaye(m): 9:14pm On Mar 29, 2020
Was the card activated for international usage? I.e ipin for international transactions or Aliexpreas?
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by bacco2000(m): 9:15pm On Mar 29, 2020
Same thing happened to me last year.

I woke up to see 20k transactions 3 times making 60k on my uba account via flutterwave for a uber payment.

I went to the bank to report.

After much follow ups after 3 months I was able to get 40k out of the payment.

Still hoping to get the remaining 20k.

I was told my card was compromised.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Awe4luv(m): 9:15pm On Mar 29, 2020
frankpro27:
Reason I disabled anything online banking, transfer ATM card Etc on my main bank account. I always ve less than 50k in my online banking account. if I need to do anything, I will go to the bank Nd withdraw
mad oo
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Nobody: 9:16pm On Mar 29, 2020
Someone fraudulently gain access to my account last night 28TH March 2020 and performed a series transactions of N443,928.49 without my authorisation.

I have called StanbicIBTC customer care and the lady I spoke with told me they would disable the account and push the case to stanbicIBTC fraud unit. Luckily I was able to transfered remaining balance to my GTB account to prevent further debits (I only saw this at about 5am when I work up to pee and saw a single alert of about 6k which I guess was the first trial. The funny thing was thst the debit alert for others or the login notifications or OTp token request didn't drop in my phone Sms or email just the first 6k.

The debited money 400k+ is still being held in my account Ledger balance (see screenshot), please I will appreciate any assistance in recoverying the money. I had no reason to believe my money wasn't safe in my StanbicIbtc bank account.

Note: I rarely used this account apart for saving... I rarely use the atm on this account too. I usually transfer from this account to my gtb before withdrawing.

Bank say there is slim chance of getting the money, that even though the fund are still held in ledger balance they are as good as debited.

[/quote] if you frequently use your card online, you can be mirrored and also you phone number can be cloned and someone will be receiving the OTP instead of you, try to always block your card anytime you notice anything and request another
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by CrownWale93(m): 9:16pm On Mar 29, 2020
Bros we are in same shoe.
That fraudulent Transaction also occur on my account on Friday 27/3/2020 in the amount of #29,000 which was the Money in my account

And that is the only money I have to sustain myself for now.
dicksonadams:
someone fraudulently gain access to my account last night 28TH March 2020 and performed a series transactions of N443,928.49 without my authorisation.

I have called StanbicIBTC customer care and the lady I spoke with told me they would disable the account and push the case to stanbicIBTC fraud unit. Luckily I was able to transfered remaining balance to my GTB account to prevent further debits (I only saw this at about 5am when I work up to pee and saw a single alert of about 6k which I guess was the first trial. The funny thing was thst the debit alert for others or the login notifications or OTp token request didn't drop in my phone Sms or email just the first 6k.

The debited money 400k+ is still being held in my account Ledger balance (see screenshot), please I will appreciate any assistance in recoverying the money. I had no reason to believe my money wasn't safe in my StanbicIbtc bank account.

Note: I rarely used this account apart for saving... I rarely use the atm on this account too. I usually transfer from this account to my gtb before withdrawing.

Bank say there is slim chance of getting the money, that even though the fund are still held in ledger balance they are as good as debited.

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by lebete3000: 9:17pm On Mar 29, 2020
Juliearth:

GTB isnt any better.

How? Them sef don do you strong tin b4?

And please which of the above is better?
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by JAWBONE(m): 9:18pm On Mar 29, 2020
Get a good lawyer.. The bank should be held totally responsible for this.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by saintobing: 9:18pm On Mar 29, 2020
The money did not go through and it will hit back to your account balance
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by sylve11: 9:18pm On Mar 29, 2020
Collins4u1:

Says who, don't just say what you don't know.

From the description of the transaction that's a Mexican transaction.

I think they got hold of your BIN and generated card and yours was generated, and they used it for transaction.

Don't come and say it's not possible, e get why!

shocked cool
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by dicksonadams(m): 9:23pm On Mar 29, 2020
[quote author=Godwin616 post=87902001][/quote]

Did you get your money back after you complain to bank
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Juliearth(f): 9:25pm On Mar 29, 2020
lebete3000:

How? And please which of the above is better?

The funds in a friend's GTB account was wiped out totally in a similar operation like this. I think UBA is better.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 29, 2020
lastchild:
This same thing has happened in UbA, in that case the bank staff knew that the customer in question was a yahoo boy, he debited 500k, out of fear the yahoo boy kept quite because he didn't have any explanation to give incase if where he got such amount question arises

One day, another staff and a friend of the said staff who did the act out of envy or whatever it may be reached out to the yahoo boy and leaked the secret, gave him ideas on how to go about it, the G boy reported to the manager and threatened to tell the whole world, investigation was carried out and the guy was caught, his money was retrieved

For the fact that any banker where you bank can access your account once he/She has your account number actually puts them in that temptation to steal

Last born, this case looks similar to what happened at Alagbole around 2012 or 2013. The bank is around Ojodu /alagbole area. Is it the same ? It was a lady in the bank that assisted in the recovery.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by peachysteve(m): 9:25pm On Mar 29, 2020
dicksonadams:
Lalasticlala, Seun please help move to front page

Also guys please help me make it trend on Twitter, I tagged cbn and StanbicIBTC

https://mobile.twitter.com/Dicksonadams/status/1243992529776914435?s=03

Already help you retweet and do the little I can .. I pray there is drastic response to this.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by frog12: 9:26pm On Mar 29, 2020
na mexico transaction be dis ??
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Obaakran: 9:26pm On Mar 29, 2020
dicksonadams:
someone fraudulently gain access to my account last night 28TH March 2020 and performed a series transactions of N443,928.49 without my authorisation.

go to Twitter. tag CBN NIBSS and rest
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by JAWBONE(m): 9:29pm On Mar 29, 2020
CBN should take strong action against these Banks by making them pay for any security breach. The primary function of Banks is safe-keeping of money. If they can't fulfill that function, then why are they Banks.

When I use Aliexpress, they only require the 16 digit number, ÇVV and date of expiry. I was shocked because this information is not hidden. It is openly displayed on the card. There should be another layer of security like 2FA, biometrics etc incorporated into any online transactions.

This is where i think Banks can learn from Cryptocurrency. If you don't have my keys, you can never have access to my account.

Until Banks begin to pay for something like this, they will never take steps to stop it plus the fact that there is possibility of an inside job here

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Payshence(f): 9:30pm On Mar 29, 2020
lilachiever:

I know what I'm saying sir, bank staffs are always involved.

Sometime last year, I was mugged of my phone in a one chance bus on a Sunday morning. Called my bank CC for hours, no show. When I got to the bank on Monday morning I'd already lost 50,500 to them... They cashed it out by doing TF to a paga agent using my Sim.

How did they do that? You should note that I myself had never been allowed to make USSD TF and there was no ATM linked to the account.

Hope you didn't purchase anything online with ur atm card using the 16 digits?
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by sylve11: 9:30pm On Mar 29, 2020
smasher1:
The ignorance on this platform is high. Every one is saying bank staff, and would be surprised when it happens to them if they don't take precaution. Same way Nigerians see Corona virus as a foreign sickness until it takes them by surprise.

Na so. cool

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by cbngov01(m): 9:35pm On Mar 29, 2020
lilachiever:
A bank staff is definitely involved...

Lodge a complaint at a police station and swear an affidavit, take both police report and affidavit to the bank HQ, your money go come out no matter how long it takes.

May not likely be so. someone with access to his card may be shopping on one of this chinese sites. the fact that it is in ledger points to that. Ur pin is not needed to xarry out a trxn on these chinese sites so my best bet is to look inward. the culprit is inhouse!

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by frog12: 9:35pm On Mar 29, 2020
someone took your atm number and clone a card with it. either they bought it from bank staffs or you fell for phishing and they took it. they have to block the card. transaction in mexico. an overseas hacker must have bought the list of debit numbers
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Touchypro(m): 9:35pm On Mar 29, 2020
From my own understanding the transaction was done in Mexico, some in the airport and others at a gas station.

There's really nothing this fraudsters can not do, it's possible it all happened here in Nigeria.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by DBestDoc(f): 9:36pm On Mar 29, 2020
Olayetan:

Don't tell me to shut up.

Other banks may compromise your account with your account number, bvn or card details being exposed but i can vouch for GTB, you can't do anything on their account without pin or OTP...

Sometimes it will require you both Pin and OTP to complete a transaction.

You’re being ignorant with so much confidence bro, why are you this way?

You have to read and learn. What that guy told you is 100% true. Many transactions especially international ones can be carried out with just the details written physically on your debit card.No OTP or PIN required. No go give person your ATM card and think it’s safe because you didn’t disclose the PIN. Lol

For the records, all such transactions I do are carried out with a GTB MasterCard specifically dedicated for online payments and ATM withdrawals. In fact, I gave someone my GTB ATM card last week to make an international payment which he did successfully without needing my PIN or OTP and I got the transaction alert one day later.

please calm down and learn.

Do not link an ATM to accounts with heavy balance, It’s not safe. The only Nigerian ATM I use is not even in my name, none of my bank accounts have ATMs and I don’t listen to their “get your ATM card” preaching at the BANK.

Internet banking with HARD TOKEN locked up in a safe place is better.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by mygee2(m): 9:38pm On Mar 29, 2020
The number people viewing this topic got me thinking some people are here to upgrade their skills

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Lockdown: I Visited Shoprite In Ikeja And It Was Empty (Photos, Video) / Mansion: Tony Ezenna's House In Bourdillon, Ikoyi, Lagos. Photos / Binary Option Free Alert Season 2