Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

COVID-19: Nigerians You Are On Your Own Ooo, NCDC Are Lying To Us - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Nigerians You Are On Your Own Ooo, NCDC Are Lying To Us (1873 Views)

Lady Looking Drugged Found Lying By The Roadside In Lekki / NCDC Is Lying To NIGERIAN / Coronavirus: Dead Man Lying On The Street Of Wuhan In China (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Nigerians You Are On Your Own Ooo, NCDC Are Lying To Us by Airyprince(m): 8:49pm On Mar 28, 2020
NIGERIANS, YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN OOOO.

To tell you the truth, NCDC can't do anything for you because they are not ready.

All this PR they are doing they are assuming people will not try that's why.

I and a colleague of mine decided we want to be sure of our status before going into self isolation.

So we went through the following steps

1. We called the toll free line and after all the normal recorded stories, when we chose to speak to an agent they end the call.

2. We went to University of Abuja Teaching Hospital, Gwagwalada, they told us they don't do testing there, that the hospital is only an isolation center. They refer us back to NCDC office in town, told us that's where testing lab is.

3. We drove to NCDC office at Jabi. There are two NCDC offices there in close proximity. The first office told us they don't do testing but they directed us to the second office saying that's where testing is handled.

4. The second office too absolved themselves of that responsibility and directed us to NCDC National Reference Laboratory, Gaduwa.

5. We visited the NCDC NRL. On getting there, the security at the gate informed us that a lot of people were there too earlier in the day and were turned away. That they don't do testing for individuals unless your state took your sample and submit to them.

6.They refer us to a circular posted at the gate and told us to contact the FCT Epidemiology team lead on COVID-19.

7. When I called him I introduced myself by name and then asked him if he's the FCT team lead on this issue. He answered yes. I then asked him how do I go about getting tested. He asked who are you? Who gave you my number? I told him I'm an Abuja resident and him number is on a circular at the NCDC office. He told us he doesn't know. He said we should go to NCDC. I told him but they referred us to you. He was silent. I then asked him to advise us. He told us to go to "National Health Disease Control" which doesn't exist.

Obviously they are doing selective testing which is dangerous.

It means a lot of people might have been infected already but for lack of testing they are moving about infecting others.

While the information from the official channels are saying people are not coming forth, the truth is that people are going but are been turned away.

And I know because I was turned away first hand.

It also tells you that either the NCDC are lying to us or they are not coordinated at all. How will you explain three branches of the office each denying responsibility and pointing us to the next instead of just explaining to us the laid down procedures by the NCDC

Please stay safe because NCDC are only taking care of our politician and their children and not the poor...God will protect us all amen

let all stay safe and always call on God for Mercy..

https://news-af.feednews.com/news/detail/87064d95cc46c2fdd4a6be084f1222b0?client=news

7 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Nigerians You Are On Your Own Ooo, NCDC Are Lying To Us by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 28, 2020
Our government are scammers like I have always said. The number released daily in piece meal by CDC is actually not real. If you want to see the realities of covid-19, go to isolation centres around town and see things yourself or any of the teaching hospitals closest to you. it's not enough to lean on the social media or hearing them speak on the TV.

Nigeria is a well-travelled nation, with over 15 international flights landing in the country daily. Covid-19 was first discovered in China last December hence the name Covid-19 ( i.e. Corona Virus Disease 2019). Nigerians travel to China( including Wuham) too . The number of rerunning travelers between December and last weekend is in thousands. Many could have died out of ignorance within the period. As we speak, the make-shift isolation centre created in the stadium in Lagos is already receiving cases. God help us in this country. Trust Nigerian government at the expense of your life and that of your family. Just keep to the preventive measures and maintain a high level of hygiene. Pray always for God's protection...that's all

6 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Nigerians You Are On Your Own Ooo, NCDC Are Lying To Us by Righteousness89(m): 8:52pm On Mar 28, 2020
Airyprince:

To tell you the truth, NCDC can't do anything for you because they are not ready.

I and a colleague of mine decided we want to be sure of our status before going into selfisolation.

1. We called the toll free line and after all the normal recorded stories, when we chose to speak to an agent they end the call.

2. We went to University of Abuja Teaching Hospital, Gwagwalada, they told us they don't do testing there, that the hospital is only an isolation center. They refer us back to NCDC office in town, told us that's where testing lab is.

3. We drove to NCDC office at Jabi. There are two NCDC offices there in close proximity. The first office told us they don't do testing but they directed us to the second office saying that's where testing is handled.

4. The second office too absolved themselves of that responsibility and directed us to NCDC National Reference Laboratory, Gaduwa.

5. We visited the NCDC NRL. On getting there, the security at the gate informed us that a lot of people were there too earlier in the day and were turned away. That they don't do testing for individuals unless your state took your sample and submit to them.

6.They refer us to a circular posted at the gate and told us to contact the FCT Epidemiology team lead on COVID-19.

7. When I called him I introduced myself by name and then asked him if he's the FCT team lead on this issue. He answered yes. I then asked him how do I go about getting tested. He asked who are you? Who gave you my number? I told him I'm an Abuja resident and him number is on a circular at the NCDC office. He told us he doesn't know. He said we should go to NCDC. I told him but they referred us to you. He was silent. I then asked him to advise us. He told us to go to "National Health Disease Control" which doesn't exist.

It means a lot of people might have been infected already but for lack of testing they are moving about infecting others.

While the information from the official channels are saying people are not coming forth, the truth is that people are going but are been turned away.

It also tells you that either the NCDC are lying to us or they are not coordinated at all. How will you explain three branches of the office each denying responsibility and pointing us to the next instead of just explaining to us the laid down procedures by the NCDC

Please stay safe because NCDC are only taking care of our politician and their children and not the poor...God will protect us all amen

@Bolden Summarizes it all....
I feel sorry for those Banking hope on the Government or one Scientist or Whatever..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Nigerians You Are On Your Own Ooo, NCDC Are Lying To Us by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 28, 2020
To make this sweeter you could have gotten some video evidence

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Nigerians You Are On Your Own Ooo, NCDC Are Lying To Us by RealLordZeus(m): 9:00pm On Mar 28, 2020
DominusPrime:
Abi or pinsure, but I expected something similar tho! This is Nigeria where it's a crime to be born poor

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Nigerians You Are On Your Own Ooo, NCDC Are Lying To Us by clarocuzioo(m): 9:02pm On Mar 28, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: COVID-19: Nigerians You Are On Your Own Ooo, NCDC Are Lying To Us by espn(m): 9:03pm On Mar 28, 2020
I believe this 100%...The President and his team were never prepared... In the best interest of the country we need a more vibrant leader...

N.B- we need a miracle...

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Nigerians You Are On Your Own Ooo, NCDC Are Lying To Us by Kdon2: 9:03pm On Mar 28, 2020
Airyprince:

I and a colleague of mine decided we want to be sure of our status before going into selfisolation.

https://news-af.feednews.com/news/detail/87064d95cc46c2fdd4a6be084f1222b0?client=news

All those figures they are showing nigerians are false. Its worse than they are telling us. But there children and families go suffer am too. Amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Nigerians You Are On Your Own Ooo, NCDC Are Lying To Us by Kdon2: 9:04pm On Mar 28, 2020
DominusPrime:

Abi na!
Re: COVID-19: Nigerians You Are On Your Own Ooo, NCDC Are Lying To Us by daddytime(m): 9:08pm On Mar 28, 2020
They are still feeling invincible.

When the matter set, we go know how far.
Re: COVID-19: Nigerians You Are On Your Own Ooo, NCDC Are Lying To Us by Nbote(m): 9:12pm On Mar 28, 2020
We are screwed ... And some ediots were celebrating d President listening to updates in an earlier thread

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Nigerians You Are On Your Own Ooo, NCDC Are Lying To Us by donbachi(m): 9:32pm On Mar 28, 2020
It's even a crime to be a nigerian.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Nigerians You Are On Your Own Ooo, NCDC Are Lying To Us by Babaibejii: 9:54pm On Mar 28, 2020
Airyprince:

My brother you are ryte. I was having virtually all the symptoms. They cldnt help o. They were asking me if i came from abroad. My babe just sharply boiled back of oranges, covered my face in the hot poiling pot for 2days and gave me hot lemon tea with ginger and garlic for 3days with amatem and amosil. I stand fit by force after 3days

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Nigerians You Are On Your Own Ooo, NCDC Are Lying To Us by Nobody: 10:17pm On Mar 28, 2020
I fear for my life and my loved ones. I don't go anywhere anymore, I know this shiit is real but isn't there some sort of self medication we can try. We know we're on our own. sad

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Nigerians You Are On Your Own Ooo, NCDC Are Lying To Us by Island01: 12:10am On Mar 29, 2020
Babaibejii:

My brother you are ryte. I was having virtually all the symptoms. They cldnt help o. They were asking me if i came from abroad. My babe just sharply boiled back of oranges, covered my face in the hot poiling pot for 2days and gave me hot lemon tea with ginger and garlic for 3days with amatem and amosil. I stand fit by force after 3days

And how are you feeling today bro

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Nigerians You Are On Your Own Ooo, NCDC Are Lying To Us by Fredlongs(m): 12:24am On Mar 29, 2020
Thanks for sharing... Eye opener. Hmmmm naija my country
Re: COVID-19: Nigerians You Are On Your Own Ooo, NCDC Are Lying To Us by BrutusOj(m): 12:27am On Mar 29, 2020
Babaibejii:

Let me screen shot this incase of eventuality. Lemon has been become scarce and costly now.
Re: COVID-19: Nigerians You Are On Your Own Ooo, NCDC Are Lying To Us by ikemesit4477: 5:39am On Mar 29, 2020
We are finished! Now minister of health will not see these! What a country!
Re: COVID-19: Nigerians You Are On Your Own Ooo, NCDC Are Lying To Us by christophillo: 6:19am On Mar 29, 2020
Hmmm
Re: COVID-19: Nigerians You Are On Your Own Ooo, NCDC Are Lying To Us by Mizwisdom(f): 6:45am On Mar 29, 2020
Babaibejii:

So now you have discovered the cure for corona virus? this is a thing of joy na. Instead of saying we are on our own you for kuku create thread to tell us how you cured your own that's all
Re: COVID-19: Nigerians You Are On Your Own Ooo, NCDC Are Lying To Us by Seun(m): 10:21pm On Mar 29, 2020
If this is true, how did they hide it from us? I'm yet to read about any Nairalander based in Nigeria who actually has the Coronavirus Disease.

Continue here: https://www.nairaland.com/5762527/coronavirus-facebook-users-experience-getting

(1)

Soak 5 Garlic And 4 Ginger In A Bottle Of Water To Heal This / Consult with a doctor now / Fohow International 08130122561

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.