Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,368 members, 7,819,324 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Why Are Nigerians Like This - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Are Nigerians Like This (955 Views)

Why Are Nigerians Abroad Rushing Home? / Mesothelioma - Are Nigerians Aware? / Why Are Nigerians Not Interested In Keeping Fit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians Like This by chiemmanuel(m): 8:15am On Mar 29, 2020
During this pandemic outbreak, we have routinely placed the blame of our non preparedness to fight the outbreak on our leaders who failed to provide health infrastructure but prefer to embark on medical tourism at the expense of the masses
But the masses do not fare any better and deserves enough stick for making life difficult in this period for their fellow citizens
Prices of commodities have skyrocketed astronomically,
Sachet water is now sold at N200
Bag of rice 37k,against 24 sold last week Friday
Garri, plantain and other essentials are now out reach
What is the difference between the conscience of the politicians and the common man
Sometimes I believe we deserve the leaders we get
This period should be a time of unity, togetherness and love, we need to pool together and fight this monster

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This by viccipedia: 8:36am On Mar 29, 2020
Lol. Humans are not naturally benevolent. Most times it’s comes as a result of pretence. The virus is a big test for civilization. Although I doubt sachet water is 200 naira.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This by scoundrel(f): 10:26am On Mar 29, 2020
OP knows nothing about panic buying. In these few weeks people have rushed to buy as many things possible so they can stay indoors comfortably for weeks or months on end. The action has led to an increase in the price of commodities.

Try to come out once in a while and observe things happening in your environment. I long noticed Nairalanders do not venture out of their houses but are quick to type assumptions.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This by chiemmanuel(m): 11:32am On Mar 29, 2020
viccipedia:
Lol. Humans are not naturally benevolent. Most times it’s comes as a result of pretence. The virus is a big test for civilization. Although I doubt sachet water is 200 naira.
a bag is now 200 naira

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This by chiemmanuel(m): 11:33am On Mar 29, 2020
scoundrel:
OP knows nothing about panic buying. In these few weeks people have rushed to buy as many things possible so they can stay indoors comfortably for weeks or months on end. The action has led to an increase in the price of commodities.

Try to come out once in a while and observe things happening in your environment. I long noticed Nairalanders do not venture out of their houses but are quick to type assumptions.
read my last paragraph

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This by scoundrel(f): 11:37am On Mar 29, 2020
chiemmanuel:
read my last paragraph
So how do we achieve that?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This by viccipedia: 11:38am On Mar 29, 2020
chiemmanuel:
a bag is now 200 naira
people will soon start taking it for free

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This by chiemmanuel(m): 11:50am On Mar 29, 2020
scoundrel:

So how do we achieve that?
how the Chinese achieved theirs
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This by chiemmanuel(m): 11:50am On Mar 29, 2020
viccipedia:
people will soon start taking it for free
how please
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This by scoundrel(f): 12:07pm On Mar 29, 2020
chiemmanuel:
how the Chinese achieved theirs
...which is?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This by Edystringz(f): 12:13pm On Mar 29, 2020
this post is very tru.
Nigerians are just funny
but Vladimir Putin, Russia's president is funnier, why?

Coronavirus: Russian President, Putin All Covered As He Attends A Meeting (PICS)
see other photos and read more through the link in my cute signature
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This by chiemmanuel(m): 1:21pm On Mar 29, 2020
scoundrel:

...which is?
synergy, unselfishness and above all respect to constituted authority
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This by Mizwisdom(f): 1:31pm On Mar 29, 2020
chiemmanuel:
During this pandemic outbreak, we have routinely placed the blame of our non preparedness to fight the outbreak on our leaders who failed to provide health infrastructure but prefer to embark on medical tourism at the expense of the masses
But the masses do not fare any better and deserves enough stick for making life difficult in this period for their fellow citizens
Prices of commodities have skyrocketed astronomically,
Sachet water is now sold at N200
Bag of rice 37k,against 24 sold last week Friday
Garri, plantain and other essentials are now out reach
What is the difference between the conscience of the politicians and the common man
Sometimes I believe we deserve the leaders we get
This period should be a time of unity, togetherness and love, we need to pool together and fight this monster

Is it today you know that the average Nigerian is not different from the leaders we criticize?

The only way to overcome the price hike is to buy only what you need, if you were buying luxuries before just stop. Buy what you need, that's all. By the time their goods remain unsold they will be forced to bring down prices. It will definitely go down in about 5 months from now, things will be very cheap by then in the south but in the North, it will drop by next month because those ones are used to buying what they need already so if sellers want to hike prices feel free but they won't sell. Sellers know so they may not even experience price hikes.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This by Mizwisdom(f): 1:31pm On Mar 29, 2020
viccipedia:

That's the price
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This by scoundrel(f): 1:46pm On Mar 29, 2020
chiemmanuel:
synergy, unselfishness and above all respect to constituted authority
So how will we implement that here? Draw the plans Nigerians will take to achieve this.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This by U2ice(m): 2:20pm On Mar 29, 2020
viccipedia:

Cold one for my area sef na 150... I still bought bag of rice 25k last week... op where’s your area
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This by Fidelismaria: 4:56pm On Mar 29, 2020
Effect of panic buying
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 29, 2020
You are right OP....we deserve the ruthless leaders we get, that's just the truth. We are no different from our leaders, some are even worst of.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This by chiemmanuel(m): 5:58pm On Mar 29, 2020
scoundrel:

So how will we implement that here? Draw the plans Nigerians will take to achieve this.
I am not an artist
Common sense should tell them what to do
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This by chiemmanuel(m): 6:00pm On Mar 29, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Is it today you know that the average Nigerian is not different from the leaders we criticize?

The only way to overcome the price hike is to buy only what you need, if you were buying luxuries before just stop. Buy what you need, that's all. By the time their goods remain unsold they will be forced to bring down prices. It will definitely go down in about 5 months from now, things will be very cheap by then in the south but in the North, it will drop by next month because those ones are used to buying what they need already so if sellers want to hike prices feel free but they won't sell. Sellers know so they may not even experience price hikes. Nice advice
I had already stocked my house

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This by chiemmanuel(m): 6:01pm On Mar 29, 2020
Mizwisdom:

The only way to overcome the price hike is to buy only what you need, if you were buying luxuries before just stop. Buy what you need, that's all. By the time their goods remain unsold they will be forced to bring down prices. It will definitely go down in about 5 months from now, things will be very cheap by then in the south but in the North, it will drop by next month because those ones are used to buying what they need already so if sellers want to hike prices feel free but they won't sell. Sellers know so they may not even experience price hikes. Nice advice
I had already stocked my house

nice advice, I had stocked up wayearlier
I envisaged something like this

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This by scoundrel(f): 6:43pm On Mar 29, 2020
chiemmanuel:
I am not an artist
Common sense should tell them what to do
...and hence lies the problem. You want the government to do something while having no idea what it is yourself. This reminds me of a case where an old man was angry at a younger male but had no idea how to explain what it was or why he was angry in the first place. The beginning to the solution of a problem is to lay out plans to meet the final point. If plans are unavailable then there was no point bringing up the problem to begin with.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This by chiemmanuel(m): 8:21pm On Mar 29, 2020
scoundrel:

...and hence lies the problem. You want the government to do something while having no idea what it is yourself. This reminds me of a case where an old man was angry at a younger male but had no idea how to explain what it was or why he was angry in the first place. The beginning to the solution of a problem is to lay out plans to meet the final point. If plans are unavailable then there was no point bringing up the problem to begin with.
the solution is not rocket science, the solution is common sense
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This by scoundrel(f): 9:15pm On Mar 29, 2020
chiemmanuel:
the solution is not rocket science, the solution is common sense
So, what is the solution? You’re talking in circles which is triggering my troll alert.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This by chiemmanuel(m): 10:51pm On Mar 29, 2020
scoundrel:

So, what is the solution? You’re talking in circles which is triggering my troll alert.
common sense
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This by chiemmanuel(m): 10:53pm On Mar 29, 2020
scoundrel:

(1) (Reply)

See What You Do To Your Body Anytime You Refuse To Urinate When Nature Calls / Norland Products For Sell / Axa Mansard Hmo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.