Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Fayemi Announces 14-Day “Total Shutdown” Of Ekiti State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi Announces 14-Day “Total Shutdown” Of Ekiti State (25161 Views)

Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown / IPOB SIT AT HOME: Aba Records Total Compliance,Total Shutdown (Photos) / Kano On Total Shutdown For Atiku - Dele Momodu react at PDP Rally In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayemi Announces 14-Day “Total Shutdown” Of Ekiti State by SaintLucia: 2:03pm On Mar 29, 2020
Stay tune to your TV tonight by 7:00pm, Buhari will address the nation. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Fayemi Announces 14-Day “Total Shutdown” Of Ekiti State by Kendumazy(m): 2:03pm On Mar 29, 2020
Mheen!
Re: Fayemi Announces 14-Day “Total Shutdown” Of Ekiti State by Efizzi: 2:03pm On Mar 29, 2020
All these total shutdown is not necessary, you contain the virus spread and not the people. What Govt should be doing is setting up testing/treatment centers in all states nationwide then lockdown epicenter states (states with alarming number of cases say more than 6. Confirmed cases)

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Announces 14-Day “Total Shutdown” Of Ekiti State by Imperare(f): 2:03pm On Mar 29, 2020
covik 1-9 is already defeated
Re: Fayemi Announces 14-Day “Total Shutdown” Of Ekiti State by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 29, 2020
Seun:
WHO: Test, test, and test
Ekiti: Understood. Commence total shutdown!

They are going to spend a lot of time, energy and money trying to enforce this so-called “total shutdown”. They could have used the same time, energy and money to enforce social distancing rules and ensure that people use face-masks in public, but the idea of a “total shutdown” is cool right now, so that’s what they are doing. Anyone who announces a “total shutdown” of anything receives mindless praise from the #ShutDownNigeria crowd, and who doesn’t love to be praised?
You wanted this, remember!!
Just that it escalated quickly from banning of gatherings to total shutdown!!!

We can't contain the virus if it become full blown in Nigeria, I guess that is the reason why everyone want to starve the little ones that are available in Nigeria!!!

The Virus need us to survive.
Once there is no transmission, the virus should die!!! I hope it works!!!
Re: Fayemi Announces 14-Day “Total Shutdown” Of Ekiti State by Tomjazzy2: 2:04pm On Mar 29, 2020
Every state seems to be copying one another in shutting down their borders, without any corresponding palliatives for the citizens.

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Announces 14-Day “Total Shutdown” Of Ekiti State by Nairalandnigga(m): 2:04pm On Mar 29, 2020
[s]
Seun:

They are going to spend a lot of time, energy and money trying to enforce this so-called “full and total shutdown”. They could have used the same time, energy and money to enforce social distancing rules and ensure that people use face-masks in public, but the idea of a “total shutdown” is cool right now, so that’s what they are doing. Anyone who announces a “total shutdown” of anything receives mindless praise from the #ShutDownNigeria crowd, and who doesn’t love to be praised?[/s]
Re: Fayemi Announces 14-Day “Total Shutdown” Of Ekiti State by snadguy007(m): 2:04pm On Mar 29, 2020
Hunger will kill more people that the Coronavirus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayemi Announces 14-Day “Total Shutdown” Of Ekiti State by todaynewsreview: 2:05pm On Mar 29, 2020
Hmmmmm..... good one from the State especially paying salaries on time. They should do more too to the unemployed.

For your BEDC Prepaid token, DSTV, GOTV and Startimes see my signature. 24/7 service available
Re: Fayemi Announces 14-Day “Total Shutdown” Of Ekiti State by Lumig: 2:05pm On Mar 29, 2020
Better option than to dey provide non-existing medical care. Ekiti arguably has the worst medical facilities in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Announces 14-Day “Total Shutdown” Of Ekiti State by oyeb15: 2:07pm On Mar 29, 2020
Now that corona virus has keep him in Ekiti from travelling around d world, he should start developmental projets asap cos he hasnt impressed anyone at all.

Our leaders only know how to Stop,ban, demolish, cancel ,reject and sack.
They cant create,produce,develop and employ.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Announces 14-Day “Total Shutdown” Of Ekiti State by Confirmedzombie: 2:10pm On Mar 29, 2020
We igbos will support and vote Fayemi for president.

Very intelligent and sound.

Good moves sir

Igbos are solidly behind you.

Ride on

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Announces 14-Day “Total Shutdown” Of Ekiti State by Tunex252(m): 2:13pm On Mar 29, 2020
Postboiswag:
Waiting for Lagos shutdown
Stop this rough play abeg
Re: Fayemi Announces 14-Day “Total Shutdown” Of Ekiti State by foodthought: 2:14pm On Mar 29, 2020
Seun:

They are going to spend a lot of time, energy and money trying to enforce this so-called “full and total shutdown”. They could have used the same time, energy and money to enforce social distancing rules and ensure that people use face-masks in public, but the idea of a “total shutdown” is cool right now, so that’s what they are doing. Anyone who announces a “total shutdown” of anything receives mindless praise from the #ShutDownNigeria crowd, and who doesn’t love to be praised? What do they hope to achieve before the end of this 14 day period of hardship?

Should we learn from China or from Italy
China enforced total lockdown and look where they are now

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Announces 14-Day “Total Shutdown” Of Ekiti State by Makavelli25: 2:15pm On Mar 29, 2020
blowjohn:

Have they been quarantined?
Na mumu you be my brother
Re: Fayemi Announces 14-Day “Total Shutdown” Of Ekiti State by ofiko123(m): 2:15pm On Mar 29, 2020
Nice one Mr governor we are totally in support of what you do...
Re: Fayemi Announces 14-Day “Total Shutdown” Of Ekiti State by oluwaSavage: 2:19pm On Mar 29, 2020
I'm right here in Ekiti and I can feel the heat already.
Re: Fayemi Announces 14-Day “Total Shutdown” Of Ekiti State by blowjohn(m): 2:20pm On Mar 29, 2020
Makavelli25:
Na mumu you be my brother

Na fool u be. Na sense u need.
Re: Fayemi Announces 14-Day “Total Shutdown” Of Ekiti State by Ken4agent(m): 2:21pm On Mar 29, 2020
So that they hear my cry.......Oyo State need total lock down oh to stop d spread
Re: Fayemi Announces 14-Day “Total Shutdown” Of Ekiti State by kayusely70(m): 2:22pm On Mar 29, 2020
Good
Re: Fayemi Announces 14-Day “Total Shutdown” Of Ekiti State by EdiskyHarry: 2:22pm On Mar 29, 2020
My biggest fear is not this corona virus, but the level of hunger and hardship that may strike the poor masses within two months, if this thing will continue for two months, staying in Italy will be far safer than being in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Fayemi Announces 14-Day “Total Shutdown” Of Ekiti State by luminouz(m): 2:23pm On Mar 29, 2020
Makavelli25:
Haaa
Thank GOD for my sisters o
They just got home from eksu

Pls stay safe my people. It will be hard o
Pls stay home

Hmmmm...your sisters from eksu? tongue

I helped them get buses naaaa... wink
Re: Fayemi Announces 14-Day “Total Shutdown” Of Ekiti State by xrayj(m): 2:24pm On Mar 29, 2020
Seun:

They are going to spend a lot of time, energy and money trying to enforce this so-called “full and total shutdown”. They could have used the same time, energy and money to enforce social distancing rules and ensure that people use face-masks in public, but the idea of a “total shutdown” is cool right now, so that’s what they are doing. Anyone who announces a “total shutdown” of anything receives mindless praise from the #ShutDownNigeria crowd, and who doesn’t love to be praised? What do they hope to achieve before the end of this 14 day period of hardship?
@bold it won't work!
Total shutdown may come with some level of hardship, but it is the best & most effective approach for now. That is what the whole world is adopting to fight this. I honestly think other states should follow suit. As regards face masks, most face mask u see people wear prevent nothing! The video below explains all about surgical masks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgAguSAjmX8&feature=youtu.be
Re: Fayemi Announces 14-Day “Total Shutdown” Of Ekiti State by ikorodureporta: 2:26pm On Mar 29, 2020
Shutting down without testing is a waste

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayemi Announces 14-Day “Total Shutdown” Of Ekiti State by oyeb15: 2:27pm On Mar 29, 2020
At least Fayose will be distributing rice and fowl during this time if he is still d governor.

Pls what is Fayemi doing apart from his self isolation and lockdown?

Get d BVN of over 60,000 jobless ekiti youths that applied during d last state recruitment and pay them 5k each.

Do things that can put smilles on peoples faces.Nobody is interested in your grammar.

You just want to make life more difficult for d people.
Okada riders are turning to theives everyday.

3 Likes

Re: Fayemi Announces 14-Day “Total Shutdown” Of Ekiti State by xrayj(m): 2:28pm On Mar 29, 2020
ignis:
Some governors are even more proactive than the president and federal government combined.

Fellow Nigerians, After this one chance president is out of office, please think well before voting.
Honestly
Federal govt is too slow
In Libya no movement, they were very proactive & so far they have only one case!
Re: Fayemi Announces 14-Day “Total Shutdown” Of Ekiti State by Stillthebest: 2:30pm On Mar 29, 2020
kiss

I'm his statement: "It is not a death sentence, anyone affected is most likely going to get better but may be very sick"

It means it is deadly using the word most likely.
Re: Fayemi Announces 14-Day “Total Shutdown” Of Ekiti State by xrayj(m): 2:31pm On Mar 29, 2020
ursullalinda:
I always thought as an introvert staying @ home will be so easy......now I appreciate the going to work and church......staying home day in day out is not easy rara.
U are not an introvert, na ambivert u be!
No true introvert will complain of staying at home. Their only complain will be if everyone is at home in this kind of situation, others will invade their privacy.

4 Likes

Re: Fayemi Announces 14-Day “Total Shutdown” Of Ekiti State by Ustec: 2:33pm On Mar 29, 2020
Seun:

They are going to spend a lot of time, energy and money trying to enforce this so-called “full and total shutdown”. They could have used the same time, energy and money to enforce social distancing rules and ensure that people use face-masks in public, but the idea of a “total shutdown” is cool right now, so that’s what they are doing. Anyone who announces a “total shutdown” of anything receives mindless praise from the #ShutDownNigeria crowd, and who doesn’t love to be praised?
God forbid,
You can't learn from Italy abi,
Stubborn thing.
Re: Fayemi Announces 14-Day “Total Shutdown” Of Ekiti State by xrayj(m): 2:33pm On Mar 29, 2020
Efizzi:
All these total shutdown is not necessary, you contain the virus spread and not the people. What Govt should be doing is setting up testing/treatment centers in all states nationwide then lockdown epicenter states (states with alarming number of cases say more than 6. Confirmed cases)
@bold it is very necessary
In Europe u don't go out!
Re: Fayemi Announces 14-Day “Total Shutdown” Of Ekiti State by Funaki: 2:39pm On Mar 29, 2020
A whole state has isolation center for only 10 people. So if they're more than 10 cases, they'll be sleeping on the floor.
Re: Fayemi Announces 14-Day “Total Shutdown” Of Ekiti State by DabFrankNG: 2:39pm On Mar 29, 2020
The most comprehensive and balanced write-up by any state government till date.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

DSS Arrests Malcolm Rich­ard Omirhobo On One Man Protest At Abuja Villa Gate / 2023: As Aregbesola Falls-Out With Tinubu, Omisore Becomes The "New Bride" / Nigeria’s Food Cheapest In West Africa, Say Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.