Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,587 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

DSS Arrests Malcolm Rich­ard Omirhobo On One Man Protest At Abuja Villa Gate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Arrests Malcolm Rich­ard Omirhobo On One Man Protest At Abuja Villa Gate (25153 Views)

Lawyer, Malcolm Omirhobo, Appears In Traditional Outfit At Supreme Court / Ebonyi People Hold 1-Million-Man Protest March In Solidarity With Governor Umahi / Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSS Arrests Malcolm Rich­ard Omirhobo On One Man Protest At Abuja Villa Gate by Nobody: 6:09am On Dec 03, 2020
DSS Arrests Lawyer On One Man Protest At Abuja Villa Gate

ABUJA – A Lagos-based human rights lawyer and activist, Chief Malcolm Rich­ard Omirhobo, has been arrested by operatives of the Department of State Services (DSS).

The arrest was effected at the Presidential Villa gate in Abuja when Omirhobo was on a one-man demonstration to register his displeasure over the recent killing of 43 farmers in Borno State by suspected Boko Haram in­surgents.

The lawyer arrived at the Villa gate in company of some journalists about 9:00a.m, clad in a customised T-Shirt with the inscription, ‘Stop the Genocide

He was whisked away by operatives of the service while granting a press inter­view.

Omirhobo said he was at the Villa gate to see the pres­ident, Muhammadu Buhari, with the intention to express his bitterness over the grue­some murder of the farmers in Zabarmari village.

But the activist was pre­vented from gaining access into the Presidential Villa by armed policemen stationed at the gate near the Supreme Court.

The situation led to ex­change of hot words between the policemen and the lawyer as he insisted on gaining en­try into the premises.

He told the officers that he is a Nigerian citizen and that he has the right to see the president on the need to stop the senseless killing in the country.

He accused the Federal Government of conspiracy in the carnage that is going on in the country.

Leader of the police team, CSP Isah Hadejia, in an at­tempt to dissuade him from going ahead with the protest, asked him to formally trans­mit his demands to the appro­priate authority.

Trouble, however, started when the armed operatives of the DSS arrived at the scene, descended on the activ­ist and rudely bundled him into a vehicle and drove into the Villa.

Journalists covering the protest were not spared as they were harassed by the op­eratives who even attempted to seize their cameras.

Omirhobo had said he was at the Presidential Villa to protest peacefully against the institutionalised and systemic genocide going on in Nigeria.

He said the Zabarmari village incident came on the heels of the slaughtering of 110 farmers also in Borno State.

“I am here to tell the pres­ident that enough is enough, and that he should stop playing the ostrich because all the acts done by these evil people killing innocent and harmless Nigerians are being backed by the govern­ment.

“I am saying it categori­cally that the government is conniving, conspiring, and assisting this crime against humanity, and that is why I am here to protest,” he said.

https://www.independent.ng/dss-arrests-lawyer-on-one-man-protest-at-abuja-villa-gate/

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DSS Arrests Malcolm Rich­ard Omirhobo On One Man Protest At Abuja Villa Gate by helinues: 6:10am On Dec 03, 2020
Finally got the attention he has been craving for

19 Likes 8 Shares

Re: DSS Arrests Malcolm Rich­ard Omirhobo On One Man Protest At Abuja Villa Gate by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:21am On Dec 03, 2020
Kingscee:

“I am saying it categori­cally that the government is conniving, conspiring, and assisting this crime against humanity, and that is why I am here to protest,” he said.
Their paid agents, who are also suffering and smiling will soon call you an IPOB member!!! grin cheesy grin grin grin

See that one above undecided

117 Likes 8 Shares

Re: DSS Arrests Malcolm Rich­ard Omirhobo On One Man Protest At Abuja Villa Gate by dangermouse(m): 6:25am On Dec 03, 2020
If all of us could join in the protest, maybe something would be done by the folks in aso rock to forestall future killings in the country. Maybe.

50 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests Malcolm Rich­ard Omirhobo On One Man Protest At Abuja Villa Gate by ifytrik(m): 6:28am On Dec 03, 2020
Re: DSS Arrests Malcolm Rich­ard Omirhobo On One Man Protest At Abuja Villa Gate by Racoon(m): 6:29am On Dec 03, 2020
DSS arrest the killers and not the distraughted citizens.Is it not in this same nation BH sponsors transfer huge cash to UAE and they were tracked by the intelligence agency in that country till they were arrested? Why is our own only obsessed with oppressing and suppressing the citizens? Useless DSS!

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: DSS Arrests Malcolm Rich­ard Omirhobo On One Man Protest At Abuja Villa Gate by Racoon(m): 6:30am On Dec 03, 2020
helinues:
Your own no be am @ all.It is inherent in your gene, but pls dont pass it to the next generation to save the world more problems.

134 Likes 5 Shares

Re: DSS Arrests Malcolm Rich­ard Omirhobo On One Man Protest At Abuja Villa Gate by helinues: 6:33am On Dec 03, 2020
Racoon:
Your own no be am @ all.It is inherent in your gene, but pls dont pass it to the next generation to save the world more problems.

Yhen Yhen Yhen.

Go and start your own protest and come and update us later... Stop hiding behind your keyboard

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: DSS Arrests Malcolm Rich­ard Omirhobo On One Man Protest At Abuja Villa Gate by Nobody: 6:34am On Dec 03, 2020
helinues:

Sense is indeed a luxury to fools

138 Likes 7 Shares

Re: DSS Arrests Malcolm Rich­ard Omirhobo On One Man Protest At Abuja Villa Gate by nairalander2020(m): 6:35am On Dec 03, 2020
ok
Re: DSS Arrests Malcolm Rich­ard Omirhobo On One Man Protest At Abuja Villa Gate by 175(m): 6:39am On Dec 03, 2020
We need to take on the government once more.

8 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests Malcolm Rich­ard Omirhobo On One Man Protest At Abuja Villa Gate by Jagznation(m): 6:39am On Dec 03, 2020
problem nor dey finish
Re: DSS Arrests Malcolm Rich­ard Omirhobo On One Man Protest At Abuja Villa Gate by Elvictor: 6:41am On Dec 03, 2020
he should be shot at sight, nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSS Arrests Malcolm Rich­ard Omirhobo On One Man Protest At Abuja Villa Gate by 175(m): 6:42am On Dec 03, 2020
OOzz:

Sense is indeed a luxury for fools

That niggar is a lost soul.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: DSS Arrests Malcolm Rich­ard Omirhobo On One Man Protest At Abuja Villa Gate by Nobody: 6:42am On Dec 03, 2020
175:

That niggar is a lost soul.

Sometimes I wonder how his parents (if he has any) feel about him??

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: DSS Arrests Malcolm Rich­ard Omirhobo On One Man Protest At Abuja Villa Gate by 175(m): 6:44am On Dec 03, 2020
Elvictor:
he should be shot at sight, nonsense.

Because he protested so that you may not be the next victim?

Or you think say Boko Haram sabi the BMC wing of this government?

You go die for nothing. . .Fela, 1970

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: DSS Arrests Malcolm Rich­ard Omirhobo On One Man Protest At Abuja Villa Gate by sinistermind(m): 6:44am On Dec 03, 2020
They keep on flexing muscles on the wrong people.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Arrests Malcolm Rich­ard Omirhobo On One Man Protest At Abuja Villa Gate by Elvictor: 6:49am On Dec 03, 2020
175:

Because he protested so that you may not be the next victim?

Or you think say Boko Haram sabi the BMC wing of this government?

You go die for nothing. . .Fela, 1970

Boko Haram is Northern Business, any Southern busy body or notice me should be shot at sight.
I repeat shot at sight, thrash.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Arrests Malcolm Rich­ard Omirhobo On One Man Protest At Abuja Villa Gate by Never4getU: 7:02am On Dec 03, 2020
And, just when it started, u folks will retreat like a folw.

dangermouse:
If all of us could join in the protest, maybe something would be done by the folks in aso rock to forestall future killings in the country. Maybe.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests Malcolm Rich­ard Omirhobo On One Man Protest At Abuja Villa Gate by technicallyrich(m): 7:23am On Dec 03, 2020
helinues:
i have begged you severally, how can i join these your zonbie job.
how do i need to join an occult or swear yo a juju.
because i have told you to even give me 15k monthly and keep the rest.
is it because im not a yaribanza mudslim or a koward you think i cant liar.
my guy some of us are from other tribes but can liar, betray and have no conscience than u yaribanzas.
you only recurit your kowardly brothers in bmc.
so wven for bmc tribalism dey.
nawaoo.
please help me please

13 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests Malcolm Rich­ard Omirhobo On One Man Protest At Abuja Villa Gate by helinues: 7:24am On Dec 03, 2020
technicallyrich:

i have begged you severally, how can i join these your zonbie job.
how do i need to join an occult or swear yo a juju.
because i have told you to even give me 15k monthly and keep the rest.
is it because im not a yaribanza mudslim or a koward you think i cant liar.
my guy some of us are from other tribes but can liar, betray and have no conscience than u yaribanzas.
you only recurit your kowardly brothers in bmc.
so wven for bmc tribalism dey.
nawaoo.
please help me please

With this your gibberish English, you can never be qualified

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DSS Arrests Malcolm Rich­ard Omirhobo On One Man Protest At Abuja Villa Gate by dangermouse(m): 7:45am On Dec 03, 2020
Never4getU:
And, just when it started, u folks will retreat like a folw.

Yes, retreat is allowed. Its strategic and pls correct the spelling error 'folw'. We know ur type.

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests Malcolm Rich­ard Omirhobo On One Man Protest At Abuja Villa Gate by Amspecial: 7:59am On Dec 03, 2020
grin
Re: DSS Arrests Malcolm Rich­ard Omirhobo On One Man Protest At Abuja Villa Gate by revived: 8:00am On Dec 03, 2020
Ehhhhhhyyyyyaaaaa
Re: DSS Arrests Malcolm Rich­ard Omirhobo On One Man Protest At Abuja Villa Gate by techmo(m): 8:00am On Dec 03, 2020
grin
Re: DSS Arrests Malcolm Rich­ard Omirhobo On One Man Protest At Abuja Villa Gate by Whiteshield: 8:00am On Dec 03, 2020
helinues:

Those DSS guys that arrested him, one of their officers was kidnapped in Katsina and they had to pay ransom to secure his release. No one is safe any longer. It could be anyone tomorrow. No need discouraging those courageous to speak up.

The man's methods may be unconventional but his message is very valid.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DSS Arrests Malcolm Rich­ard Omirhobo On One Man Protest At Abuja Villa Gate by Flyboyk: 8:00am On Dec 03, 2020
He is high on weed
Re: DSS Arrests Malcolm Rich­ard Omirhobo On One Man Protest At Abuja Villa Gate by Uyi168: 8:00am On Dec 03, 2020
helinues:
Shm..

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Army Council Orders Release Of Brigadier General Ransome-kuti / Presidency Reacts To NBS Report, Insists Economy Performing Better. / 2015: Jonathan’s Book Misrepresented Facts, Says US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.