Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

8-best Shows On Netflix To Binge-watch. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 8-best Shows On Netflix To Binge-watch. (448 Views)

Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie / Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” / Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

8-best Shows On Netflix To Binge-watch. by anihchinma(f): 4:33pm On Mar 29, 2020
8-Best Shows on Netflix to Binge-Watch.

I’ve decided that a superb thanks to spend my self-isolation time is watching light-hearted, well-written shows that have a small fringe of absurdity to suit the instant . Anything too saccharine and cheery will make me jealous. I want happy and funny, with a touch of insanity to match my now perennial mood.

For those that think laughter sounds pretty good immediately , I’ve compiled an inventory of eight shows to observe during your solo time.

The best show to watch at this period of the pandemic is “The Good Place” and “BoJack Horseman.” This show only emphasizes on societal darkness.

A few of these shows aren’t readily available to stream, but you can buy them for around $20 on a platform such as Amazon Prime. With theatrical movies like “The Hunt” now charging $20 to rent online, I’d argue that if you’re considering making that purchase, you’d be better off spending money on multiple hours of a high-quality comedic television season instead.

And one other thing to note: A Twitter post has gone super viral recommending a Google Chrome extension that permits users to stream Netflix shows at an equivalent time. The app is called Netflix Party. Reviews suggest it's going to be a touch spotty and is perhaps overwhelmed by the eye immediately . But if you’re separated from your friends and loved ones, this service has the potential be an honest thanks to connect a touch bit better during this point .

“Detroiters” (Comedy Central)

Premise: Two fledging ad men make janky-but-endearing commercials for local businesses. The money is never great, but it’s enough to fund their hijinks.

8-Best Shows on Netflix to Binge-Watch

Setting: Contemporary Detroit

Why watch now? “Detroiters” and Tim Robinson’s other show, “I Think you ought to Leave With Tim Robinson,” have made me laugh harder than the other shows within the last year. This one balances the heart of two people trying to make it in a city on the brink with comedic absurdity. That feels just right for this moment.

Runtime: 20 episodes of roughly 20 minutes

Notable Cast: Sam Richardson and Tim Robinson

2. “Curb Your Enthusiasm” (HBO)

Premise: Comedian Larry David plays a grumpier version of himself as he occasionally works on passion projects, but mostly uses his immense time and wealth to pick wild fights. The David character wanders the planet , dispensing observational humor and social commentary while getting to destroy anything that annoys him along the way.

Setting: Contemporary Los Angeles

Why watch now? As we all hunker down with extra care, there’s something joyous in being able to watch a cranky man of David’s age stroll around Los Angeles yelling at people over extremely trivial complaints.

Runtime: The new season is 10 episodes will take just 35 minutes of your time. You can jump right in, but there also are nine previous seasons.

Notable Cast: Larry David, Susie Essman, Jeff Garlin, Cheryl Hines and J.B. Smoove

8-Best Shows on Netflix to Binge-Watch

3. “Key & Peele” (Comedy Central/Stream on Hulu)

Premise: Two sketch comedians portray various exaggerated characters. The sketches typically subvert some aspect of society.

Setting: Varied

Why watch now? “Key & Peele” was one of the interesting shows of the 2010s, and therefore the humor attracted a massive audience. Unlike with “Saturday Night Live,” which caters more to the news of the day, turning on an old episode of “Key & Peele” guarantees comedic material that’s still relevant. A perfect zone-out show for the moment.

Runtime: 53 episodes duration is 21 minutes, plus a special. But you can pick and choose or watch out of order.

Notable Cast: Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele

Read more: https://starryfeed.com/8-best-shows-on-netflix-to-binge-watch/

(1) (Reply)

Must Watch: Bloodshot (2020) Get More @ Skipogist.com / Mission Impossible Vs James Bond / Matrix 4 Resurrection New Trailer (2021)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.