Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” (34599 Views)

Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie / Reactions As Netflix Subscribers Cancel Accounts Due To Gay “jesus” Movie / Judge Orders Prosecution Of Three Channels Television Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” by press9jatv: 2:21pm On Jan 09, 2020
Judge Abicair said the program’s withdrawal “is beneficial not only to the Christian community, but to Brazilian society which is mostly Christian.”

A Brazilian judge on Wednesday ordered Netflix to stop showing a Christmas special that some called blasphemous for depicting Jesus as a gay man and which prompted a gasoline bomb attack on the satirists behind the program.

The ruling by Rio de Janeiro judge Benedicto Abicair responded to a petition by a Brazilian Catholic organization that argued the “honor of millions of Catholics” was hurt by the airing of “The First Temptation of Christ.” The special was produced by the Rio-based film company Porta dos Fundos, whose headquarters was targeted in the Christmas Eve attack.

Netflix told it would not comment on the ruling.

Porta dos Fundos also declined to comment on the judge’s decision, which contradicted an earlier decision rejecting censorship of the program. The ruling is valid until another court orders otherwise.

Judge Abicair said the program’s withdrawal “is beneficial not only to the Christian community, but to Brazilian society which is mostly Christian.”

The ruling comes at a time when some civil groups say far-right Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro is waging a “cultural war,” cutting funding for arts projects that challenge “Christian values” and inveighing against flamboyant carnival celebrations.

Early on the day before Christmas, a group of hooded men attacked the headquarters of Porta dos Fundos with Molotov cocktails. No one was hurt. A video circulating days later on social media showed three men claiming responsibility for the attack, and said they targeted the Brazilian comedy group.

The First Temptation of Christ depicts Jesus returning home on his 30th birthday and insinuates he is gay. Religious groups bristled at the depiction. Creators of the film have defended it as legitimate freedom of expression.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thehindu.com/entertainment/movies/brazil-judge-orders-netflix-to-remove-film-with-gay-jesus/article30520225.ece/amp/

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” by press9jatv: 2:21pm On Jan 09, 2020
Nice one from the judge. I appreciate the judge ooo. https://www.pressnewsng.com.ng/2020/01/judge-orders-netflix-to-remove.html?m=1

102 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 09, 2020
Jesus fight his battle

Am just a Christian with brain though

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” by RiyaGoddess(f): 2:31pm On Jan 09, 2020
Good. Jesus isn’t gay.
The devil can only try but will always loose laslas

*Sings
Jesu ti joba
Jesu ti joba
Baraye fe Baraye ko
Jesu ti joba

217 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” by press9jatv: 2:33pm On Jan 09, 2020
ezenwajosh:
Jesus fight his battle

wow I love this reply. lol it's epic.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” by shakmati(m): 2:35pm On Jan 09, 2020
Did the gasoline attack hit those it was intended for?

1 Like

Re: Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” by Goldencheese(m): 2:40pm On Jan 09, 2020
Good.

Do you have an urgent need for a business plan, feasibility studies, financial statements preparation and raising of capital for your hotel, restaurant, integrated farm, university project, real estate business, potable water, beverages production, technology business, school business, iron and steel business, microfinance bank, among many other business projects? See my signature.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” by popsy2(m): 2:47pm On Jan 09, 2020
Good. It is however bad that those that had seen the blasphemy can't "unsee" it.

I don't know who needs this but if you are In need of CAC company registration, Business Name registration, Trustees, NGO, NAFDAC number on your products etc, talk to us at www. Lawlab. Com. ng
The interesting part is that consultation is free of charge. Yes! Free of charge.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” by qualityovenbake(m): 3:50pm On Jan 09, 2020
Nice decision. Abeg Nigeria should follow suit

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” by Slawormir: 3:51pm On Jan 09, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Gay jesus

What a new one

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” by one1prax(m): 3:51pm On Jan 09, 2020
good

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” by SOLMICHAEL(m): 3:51pm On Jan 09, 2020
ezenwajosh:
Jesus fight his battle

Christian with brain?? And your comment is devoid of sense Or how did Jesus fight that battle??
Clearly, that withdrawal was as a result of ceaseless remonstrations from people.
undecided undecided

I really don't understand Christians' agitations over this. Netflix is not your Bible. We don't learn Christ from Netflix. The Bible is enough.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” by MadKing: 3:51pm On Jan 09, 2020
Basketmouth didn't do half quarter of this one before they called for his head, insulted him, and stripped him off his ambassadorial deal with the EU (even though his happened years ago and he apologised then)

This ones are making mockery of the epitome of a whole religion all in the name of freedom of expression, and some powers that be are keeping mute

Hypocrites

angry

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” by YoungLionken(m): 3:51pm On Jan 09, 2020
Intelligent move...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” by hisexcellency34: 3:52pm On Jan 09, 2020
Let them do a film on Gay Mohammed and see if World War 3 won't start right away

109 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” by careytommy37(m): 3:52pm On Jan 09, 2020
They should have just ignored the mofos
Re: Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” by Luckylife(m): 3:52pm On Jan 09, 2020
I no a religion that will shamelessly start killing innocent people if their prophet is portrayed as gay .

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” by TechSpace02: 3:52pm On Jan 09, 2020
cool

3 Likes

Re: Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” by Gershon9: 3:52pm On Jan 09, 2020
Amen

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” by Arrewa: 3:53pm On Jan 09, 2020
All religions have deficiencies in their writings but by and large Christianity is the biggest fraud of them all. They are the only one that says you must follow Jesus to go to heaven. What a boatload of TRASH that is.
The same Jesus was son of God and God at the same time - Another fraud.
Jesus was born my immaculate conception - biggest fraud in the bible.
Jesus has been coming back since more than 2000 years ago - Big fraud. He's dead and he aint coming back. He died just like other human being that had their hearth stopped pumping blood. The rest is just Hollywood fantasy story written by the Romans to control the rest of the world.

Close to 70 PERCENT of the WORLD POPULATION are not even Christians, so you are telling me that they are all going to hell?

Most that are Christians were born into the religion, that means that GOD has already punished about 70 percent of the world when they were born into other religions. I beg save me the trash. That means that God himself is mean by allowing most of the world population to be born into regions where Christianity is not prevalant. I doubt that.

My world outlook is to be good to others, and treat people the way you want to be treated. If there's heaven, then you will make it.

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 09, 2020
Selah

2 Likes

Re: Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” by Abbeyme: 3:53pm On Jan 09, 2020
ok
Re: Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” by Neddstark: 3:53pm On Jan 09, 2020
God bless Brazil

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” by Arrewa: 3:54pm On Jan 09, 2020
The problem with religious people is that you have been conditioned to fear. Because of that conditioning, you cannot think critically or question your beliefs. What a reasonable person would do after seeing my first post would be to ask themselves, is a god that is so willing to hurt innocent people worthy of worship? But like most lazy religious folks you don't have the mental energy for that, better to let your pastors tell you what to think.
Don't bother to quote me, I don't respond to low IQ posters.
press9jatv:
Nice one from the judge.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” by Okuda(m): 3:54pm On Jan 09, 2020
ezenwajosh:
Jesus fight his battle

does jesus also come down from heaven to answer your prayers?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” by Peezol: 3:54pm On Jan 09, 2020
Nice one from the judge

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 09, 2020
Arrewa:
All religions have deficiencies in their writings but by and large Christianity is the biggest fraud of them all. They are the only one that says you must follow Jesus to go to heaven. What a boatload of TRASH that is.
The same Jesus was son of God and God at the same time - Another fraud.
Jesus was born my immaculate conception - biggest fraud in the bible.
Jesus has been coming back since more than 2000 years ago - Big fraud. He's dead and he aint coming back. He died just like other human being that had their hearth stopped pumping blood. The rest is just Hollywood fantasy story written by the Romans to control the rest of the world.

Close to 70 PERCENT of the WORLD POPULATION are not even Christians, so you are telling me that they are all going to hell?

Most that are Christians were born into the religion, that means that GOD has already punished about 70 percent of the world when they were born into other religions. I beg save me the trash. That means that God himself is mean by allowing most of the world population to be born into regions where Christianity is not prevalant. I doubt that.

My world outlook is to be good to others, and treat people the way you want to be treated. If there's heaven, then you will make it.

I pray that the HolySpirit Open Up Ur Eyes To SEE

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” by holluwai(m): 3:54pm On Jan 09, 2020
This world is something else now, just to get views and shit you produce such nonsensical movies

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” by Passionate888: 3:54pm On Jan 09, 2020
Make them try act paedo muhammad na.

9 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Trikytee Evicted From Big Brother House / BBNaija: Efe's Supporters In Delta Queue Up To Collect Airtime To Vote (Photos) / BBNaija: Photo Of Jackye With Dolapo Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.