Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Name That You Love To Bear But Not Giving - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Name That You Love To Bear But Not Giving (1946 Views)

I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? / Benue Woman Marries Pregnant Lady To Bear Children For Late Son / Sex Once In 3 Months, Lasts 30 Secs Yet He Blames Me For Not Giving Him A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Name That You Love To Bear But Not Giving by Mariangeles(f): 4:53pm On Mar 30, 2020
extol1:

what name do you have loved
I love my name as it is. smiley

Although, when I was a little girl, I wanted a name that started with Chi so I could be called Chichi grin
I wanted it so bad, I had my mother name my sister with a name that started with Chi , and so I called her just Chi to my fill, now I'm over it. grin

1 Like

Re: Name That You Love To Bear But Not Giving by sisisioge: 4:59pm On Mar 30, 2020
Sanchez01:

Funny! Why that name? grin

All of my names are strange and unique. I love them that way.

Because I love the sound of it grin
Re: Name That You Love To Bear But Not Giving by Sanchez01: 5:04pm On Mar 30, 2020
sisisioge:

Awwww...Urhobo people have tons of lovely names, infact, all the Oghene versions are cool....Ogheneejiro nko?
Lol. I must love the name. I have several family members with the name grin

The names are indeed beautiful. Urhobo names are highly circumstantial. Beyond the way they sound, you'd fall in love with some names if you hear the story behind them or what a particular family went through and why they gave a child such name at the time.

Oghenetega - Oluwatosin
Ejirooghene or Ejiro - Oluwatoyin
Re: Name That You Love To Bear But Not Giving by Sanchez01: 5:07pm On Mar 30, 2020
sisisioge:

Because I love the sound of it grin
It's funny but definitely not strange. grin

Most people choose certain names just because of the way they sound.
Re: Name That You Love To Bear But Not Giving by sisisioge: 5:16pm On Mar 30, 2020
Sanchez01:

Lol. I must love the name. I have several family members with the name grin

The names are indeed beautiful. Urhobo names are highly circumstantial. Beyond the way they sound, you'd fall in love with some names if you hear the story behind them or what a particular family went through and why they gave a child such name at the time.

Oghenetega - Oluwatosin
Ejirooghene or Ejiro - Oluwatoyin

Awwww... Those are cuties! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: Name That You Love To Bear But Not Giving by Ayekotoo(m): 6:24pm On Mar 30, 2020
My wife named our son 'Pamilerin' while I named him 'Eniafe'. Can't stop loving those names.
Re: Name That You Love To Bear But Not Giving by hakeemhakeem(m): 4:19pm On Mar 31, 2020
Biglittlelois:
I love my name and surname, I once got a huge favour because of the combination of my name, so I'm good cool

Tell us
Re: Name That You Love To Bear But Not Giving by Lamanii22(f): 1:24am On Apr 01, 2020
Would have loved hannifah or khadijah instead of mutiah... Mutiah's still cool though it's better than "shukurah" or "kaosarat"... If they had named me shukurah eehn I'd have done change of name tikpe.... But my other name is cool "olamide" AKA "ola money" or "lamani"

2 Likes

Re: Name That You Love To Bear But Not Giving by placeofallure(f): 5:10am On Apr 01, 2020
extol1:

as things stand now, may be you have to relocate to Spain

No, to Italy rather.

I love my name. The name opens doors for me, not that it rings any bell. People just think of the meaning and act by it. Yoruba names are loaded.

Back in campus, my friend and I wanted to submit our assignments at the lecturer's office. It was a late submission. I think the Prof. was in a playful mood. He initially sent us back but on second thoughts, he said we should wait. He asked for our names. We told him, he said I should drop mine cos of my name, he said he's role playing my name. That was how he sent my friend away with her assignment.

If you're still wondering what's in a name, I'd say a lot.
Re: Name That You Love To Bear But Not Giving by blesskewe(f): 1:07pm On Apr 01, 2020
sisisioge:

Awwww...Urhobo people have tons of lovely names, infact, all the Oghene versions are cool....Ogheneejiro nko?
Oghenekome
Oghenekevwe
Oghene Ogaga
Oghene Ochuko
Oghene suwe
Oghene tekome
Plenty........................
Re: Name That You Love To Bear But Not Giving by sisisioge: 1:15pm On Apr 01, 2020
blesskewe:

Oghenekome
Oghenekevwe
Oghene Ogaga
Oghene Ochuko
Oghene suwe
Oghene tekome
Plenty........................

Awwwwww...these are absolutely beautiful names! Thanks for sharing kiss
Re: Name That You Love To Bear But Not Giving by bukatyne(f): 1:23pm On Apr 01, 2020
placeofallure:

No, to Italy rather.

I love my name. The name opens doors for me, not that it rings any bell. People just think of the meaning and act by it. Yoruba names are loaded.

Back in campus, my friend and I wanted to submit our assignments at the lecturer's office. It was a late submission. I think the Prof. was in a playful mood. He initially sent us back but on second thoughts, he said we should wait. He asked for our names. We told him, he said I should drop mine cos of my name, he said he's role playing my name. That was how he sent my friend away with her assignment.

What is the name na?
Re: Name That You Love To Bear But Not Giving by extol1(m): 1:35pm On Apr 01, 2020
Ellipsoid:
Yes, there is one other name that I prefer. smiley
and what is the name?
Re: Name That You Love To Bear But Not Giving by extol1(m): 1:38pm On Apr 01, 2020
placeofallure:

No, to Italy rather.

can you do us a great favor by telling us the name
Re: Name That You Love To Bear But Not Giving by extol1(m): 1:42pm On Apr 01, 2020
Mariangeles:

I love my name as it is. smiley

Although, when I was a little girl, I wanted a name that started with Chi so I could be called Chichi grin
I wanted it so bad, I had my mother name my sister with a name that started with Chi , and so I called her just Chi to my fill, now I'm over it. grin
the way you love the name 'Chi,' I perceive you might end up naming one of the daughter
Re: Name That You Love To Bear But Not Giving by Nobody: 2:49pm On Apr 01, 2020
Chenemi. I have given it to myself already. Lol. Although it's not in any of my certificate.
God knows that my daughter must bear it anyway.

1 Like

Re: Name That You Love To Bear But Not Giving by Hussein01(m): 3:37pm On Apr 01, 2020
placeofallure:

No, to Italy rather.

we wouldn't mind Knowing that name that got a lecturer

do u care to share it?
Re: Name That You Love To Bear But Not Giving by placeofallure(f): 5:48pm On Apr 01, 2020
Hussein01:

we wouldn't mind Knowing that name that got a lecturer

do u care to share it?

I think I'll pass
Re: Name That You Love To Bear But Not Giving by placeofallure(f): 5:49pm On Apr 01, 2020
extol1:

can you do us a great favor by telling us the name

Naaaaa!
Re: Name That You Love To Bear But Not Giving by placeofallure(f): 5:49pm On Apr 01, 2020
bukatyne:

What is the name na?
grin
Re: Name That You Love To Bear But Not Giving by Drince: 5:52pm On Apr 01, 2020
I love my name
Its opened doors and it has made girls like me but for non yorubas it is fuking hard to pronounce.. (Inumidun) but i would have prefered a nice christain name instead of a muslim one
Re: Name That You Love To Bear But Not Giving by Mariangeles(f): 7:03pm On Apr 01, 2020
Drince:
I love my name
Its opened doors and it has made girls like me but for non yorubas it is fuking hard to pronounce.. (Inumidun) but i would have prefered a nice christain name instead of a muslim one
Hahahahahahahaha
I love the name also, but Inumidun is a Yoruba name and not a Muslim name.
Re: Name That You Love To Bear But Not Giving by Drince: 7:19pm On Apr 01, 2020
Mariangeles:

Hahahahahahahaha
I love the name also, but Inumidun is a Yoruba name and not a Muslim name.
LOOKMAN is the muslim name i don't like i want to change it to LUKE..
Re: Name That You Love To Bear But Not Giving by Mariangeles(f): 7:29pm On Apr 01, 2020
Drince:
LOOKMAN is the muslim name i don't like i want to change it to LUKE..
Oh!
Do they mean the same thing?
Re: Name That You Love To Bear But Not Giving by Drince: 7:37pm On Apr 01, 2020
Mariangeles:

Oh!
Do they mean the same thing?
YEAH!! but i rarely use it but i don't like it. my eldest sister has the best muslim name Rihanat or riyanat..
Re: Name That You Love To Bear But Not Giving by extol1(m): 9:12pm On Apr 01, 2020
placeofallure:

Naaaaa!
waiting patiently for the name or are you ashamed of the name
Re: Name That You Love To Bear But Not Giving by addictiv(m): 10:37pm On Apr 01, 2020
I love my names.. I wouldn't change them for any other... But one name I fancy is kasindu
Re: Name That You Love To Bear But Not Giving by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 02, 2020
Expensiverichyb:
Chenemi. I have given it to myself already. Lol. Although it's not in any of my certificate.
God knows that my daughter must bear it anyway.
What's the meaning?
Re: Name That You Love To Bear But Not Giving by placeofallure(f): 11:17am On Apr 02, 2020
extol1:

waiting patiently for the name or are you ashamed of the name

The name that makes things happen for me? I won't let you bully me into divulging. It's top secret grin grin
Re: Name That You Love To Bear But Not Giving by extol1(m): 8:12pm On Apr 02, 2020
placeofallure:

The name that makes things happen for me? I won't let you bully me into divulging. It's top secret grin grin
ha, this is serious, to the extent that it's top secret. I would you tell privately
Re: Name That You Love To Bear But Not Giving by extol1(m): 8:13pm On Apr 02, 2020
addictiv:
I love my names.. I wouldn't change them for any other... But one name I fancy is kasindu
what does it mean
Re: Name That You Love To Bear But Not Giving by extol1(m): 8:14pm On Apr 02, 2020
blesskewe:
Oghenekome Oghenekevwe Oghene Ogaga Oghene Ochuko Oghene suwe Oghene tekome Plenty........................
it would have been better if you inserted the meaning

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

.... / A Heartbroken Man Discovered His Wife Slept With 6 Men And Also Aborted Twice. / Fellow Nairalanders Pls I Need Ur Urgent Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.