Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,603 members, 7,812,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

.... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / .... (1939 Views)

None Of My Fiance's Family Members Likes Me. Please Help / My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. / Cost Of Court Wedding In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

.... by Ademidd: 4:42pm On Nov 17, 2020
I .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: .... by SAMBARRY: 4:43pm On Nov 17, 2020
lipsrsealed

If he's not giving you any genuine/substantial reason I'm afraid there is fire on the mountain

Btw are you sure he's not hiding something away from you? I.e being married to someone else and lying to you he's a bachelor ( that gimmick popular well well) because he knows the consequences he's insisting he's not doing court wedding.but in all I suggest you slow down and Go and make your own findings.now you have the opportunity to cross your t's and dot your i's

You really need to get to the bottom of the matter.this is your life we're talking about here so it's dangerous to enter with unanswered questions, speculations and assumptions.there are already enough stories that touch here please don't add to the list before you enter Into another rude shock after marriage lipsrsealed

Remember Nigerians are only interested in wearing gele to your wedding and eating rice, not the real marriage.Na you gan gan go be major victor or victim of anything you see there so open the antenna of your brain well with prayers.look before you leap

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: .... by Fountainofyouth(f): 4:48pm On Nov 17, 2020
Any guy that insist on not doing a court wedding is very mischievous and full of deceit, he thinks only you will gain from it, not knowing it's for both of you's benefit, leave him if you still want court marriage, or marry him and regret, las las he may be the one to beg you for the court marriage when everything works in your favour, I think there was a story on nl like that, well decide wisely.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: .... by rottennaija(m): 4:48pm On Nov 17, 2020
Ademidd:
I might be getting married by next year if things goes well, the problem now is that my fiance is not interested in a court Wedding while my mum is institing on it, he only want to do the normal traditional. I have discussed this with him but he hasn't given me a clear answer, he is someone who atimes turns an innocent question or dialogue into a conflict. What do you think I should do in this case? Thanks for your matured contribution.

Maybe he is married to another in court. If he is, he wouldn't risk jail time.

4 Likes

Re: .... by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 17, 2020
Red flag there @ turning mild discuss into a conflict. He prolly has ulterior motives hence being on the defensive so you don't get to dig further and find out his intentions.

Now, everyone is being advised these days even in Church to go to the registry. So, I wonder why your fiance is shying away from having a court backing on his commitment to you. If you ask my sincere opinion dear, it's a red flag sign and he has some explaining to do. Just ask him once more why he's kicking against the idea if he really loves and want to have you for keeps.

I might be wrong though but these are my sincere thoughts.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: .... by Righteousness89(m): 4:51pm On Nov 17, 2020
You 2 should Put heads together and talk about it.
But if he says he does not want it! So be it!

Traditional and Church wedding can take care of that!
The Church certificate is a Valid one..

8 Likes

Re: .... by Ademidd: 4:52pm On Nov 17, 2020
[
Re: .... by Ademidd: 4:59pm On Nov 17, 2020
:
Re: .... by nnadychuks(m): 5:04pm On Nov 17, 2020
I’m afraid there’s no trust between you two... I can never never ever never try court wedding? I’ll even try blood covenant first before that trash

7 Likes

Re: .... by crackhaus: 5:08pm On Nov 17, 2020
Ademidd:
I be getting married by next year if things goes well, the problem now is that my fiance is not interested in a court Wedding while my mum is institing on it, he only want to do the normal traditional. I have discussed this with him but he hasn't given me a clear answer, he is someone who atimes turns an innocent question or dialogue into a conflict. What do you think I should do in this case? Thanks for your matured contribution.
What do your parents and siblings think you should do?

2 Likes

Re: .... by rottennaija(m): 5:18pm On Nov 17, 2020
Ademidd:
Believe me, he is not

Ok... Hope you do your due investigation

1 Like

Re: .... by VirginFinder: 5:19pm On Nov 17, 2020
Dotherightthing:
You 2 should Pput heads together and talk about it.

Traditional and Cchurch wedding can take care of that!
The Cchurch certificate is a Vvalid one..
Re: .... by Ademidd: 5:48pm On Nov 17, 2020
[

1 Like

Re: .... by Ademidd: 5:51pm On Nov 17, 2020

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: .... by rottennaija(m): 5:53pm On Nov 17, 2020
Ademidd:
I'm just confused but thanks

Sorry
Re: .... by Righteousness89(m): 6:00pm On Nov 17, 2020
Ademidd:
smiley He does not even want a church wedding smiley He does not even want a church wedding
That's very Strange!
Something is not adding!
That's a Red Flag!!
Listen to your Mother!!

3 Likes

Re: .... by Hambivert: 6:44pm On Nov 17, 2020
All I can deduce from your insistence on the court wedding is in relation to the pressure from your mom.

When a Man intentionally pays the dowry of a woman, they become husband and wife. The traditional wedding is where the dowry is paid and also the real wedding that verifies a couple as "married"...

...Not the Church/White wedding, because it is a Western culture
...Neither is it the Court wedding, because it is a political culture.

However, you can make your traditional wedding have a religious undertone by inviting a religious head to oversee the religious procession.

...and you can also organise with your church or any other church, that is, if they have obtained 'wedding licence' from the ministry of interior, to provide you the necessary marriage paperworks as obtainable in the court too.

All of these can be done in the traditional wedding ceremony.
I sparogatively see no need for a fuss!

9 Likes

Re: .... by We4all: 6:48pm On Nov 17, 2020
Run for your life. I repeat, run for your life. That guy is hiding something and you shouldn't gamble with your future.

He wants neither court nor church wedding, so what the heck does he want?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: .... by efighter: 7:00pm On Nov 17, 2020
rottennaija:

Maybe he is married to another in court. If he is, he wouldn't risk jail time.

There is no jail time if you are married and still go and marry another person. Nobody has ever been jailed for that in Nigeria. For this reason, the Lagos State House of Assembly removed that provision of the Law that says it is a criminal offence to get married twice legally while not divorce from the first marriage.

So, all of you typing from your anus above should keep quiet.

1 Like

Re: .... by DonHummer(m): 7:07pm On Nov 17, 2020
Wait I am still confused on this topic o.... I don't think it's by force to do court marriage. Me personally have no plans on doing court marriage and don't even think of forcing it on me. Traditional is enough for me coupled with church wedding. People are already accusing him of hiding something. What if he doesn't see the need.
But OP, is the court wedding what you really want or what your mum wants?

4 Likes

Re: .... by QuickStandard: 7:13pm On Nov 17, 2020
Why is your mum insisting on a court marriage?

Is she systematically saying you won't survive being married, and as a plan B go for a court marriage, and when the ship scatter, you can then split 50:50?

You can as well marry your Mummy.

If I have a lady I want to marry and she's insistence on court marriage, I would smell the rat from a thousand miles away, and end it asap.

Don't border quoting me, I'm happily married with 3kids, and my wife is the best you can ever think of.

Court marriage my foot.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: .... by stacyadams: 8:12pm On Nov 17, 2020
grin grin I support him gan,,court wedding ke una there...... grin court wedding my assssss

5 Likes

Re: .... by duduade: 8:22pm On Nov 17, 2020
I don't know why you people are wasting your time brainstorming over what is not

OP its your business.. It's your life

Do what suits you..

You know him more than we all..

If because of shame of being tagged a single you can't call this sham of a marriage you want to walk into OFF EVEN after seeing these red flags then you need help!!!

Nonsense

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: .... by jidamsel43(m): 8:47pm On Nov 17, 2020
Your fiance is on the right course. My wife pressurized me several times to have the court but I rejected it fervently. I rejected the idea of court marriage not because of any ulterior motive or being a Muslim or an attempt to be polygamous, but the idea was engineered by her parents to 'cow' me.

I gave her two options: Nikkah or Nothing

She willingly succumbed to Nikkah and we are happy together.

8 Likes

Re: .... by jelel6: 9:22pm On Nov 17, 2020
jidamsel43:
Your fiance is on the right course. My wife pressurized me several times to have the court but I rejected it fervently. I rejected the idea of court marriage not because of any ulterior motive or being a Muslim or an attempt to be polygamous, but the idea was engineered by her parents to 'cow' me.

I gave her two options: Nikkah or Nothing

She willingly succumbed to Nikkah and we are happy together.

Nikkah Right. Is your wife a Muslim too?
Re: .... by faithfull18(f): 9:29pm On Nov 17, 2020
You know best. We don't know him.
Re: .... by Rickmann: 9:58pm On Nov 17, 2020
Ademidd:
I might be getting married by next year if things goes well, the problem now is that my fiance is not interested in a court Wedding while my mum is institing on it, he only want to do the normal traditional. I have discussed this with him but he hasn't given me a clear answer, he is someone who atimes turns an innocent question or dialogue into a conflict. What do you think I should do in this case? Thanks for your matured contribution.

Pls don't proceed.. wait till I come and slap sense into that your head. Rubbish!
Re: .... by Canvass: 10:02pm On Nov 17, 2020
Righteousness89:
You 2 should Put heads together and talk about it.

Traditional and Church wedding can take care of that!
The Church certificate is a Valid one..

Thanks jare, Mr Righteousness He knows what he want. What do you want? If your demand doesn't meet his supply, its a free market with free entry and free exit.

2 Likes

Re: .... by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 17, 2020
grin Nigerian girls bitches always looking to reap from where they did not sow. If you claim to truly love him then what's the need for that.. Go and marry your mother

tongue Ntoor.. Men have wisen up.
Court marriage my foot

6 Likes

Re: .... by Stevenbright(m): 11:35pm On Nov 17, 2020
Don't
Re: .... by cococandy(f): 1:15am On Nov 18, 2020
Church weddings use the license issued from the courts to proceed . No need for both court and church wedding. Get a license from the court and use it for your church wedding. Unless it’s one of those mushroom churches that don’t follow laid down guidelines. Most major churches follow this protocol.

That being said, if you’re both Christian and he’s saying no to the church wedding as well, something is more than fishy. Please be careful.

Don’t waste 5-10 years of your life only to find out your “marriage” has been a sham all along and he has another family somewhere else. People will shock you. Protect your peace.
Thanks.

9 Likes

Re: .... by johnkey: 5:28am On Nov 18, 2020
Men still dey marry? Baby mama way abeg

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Greet A Barren Woman / Bossy Neighbour / Adultery Is Everywhere Marriage Is Just Formality Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.