Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,613 members, 7,816,518 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Why Nigerian Like Glo? What Is Good In Glo? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Nigerian Like Glo? What Is Good In Glo? (3616 Views)

Just In Glo Introduce New Data Plans / Why Nigerian Twitter Influencers' Accounts Were Suspended And How To Avoid It / How To Participate In Glo Free Data Data Coming Up October 31st (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerian Like Glo? What Is Good In Glo? by demiris: 4:56pm On Mar 29, 2020
I found that the Website of Glo is very busy with a lot of visitors.
As at end of 2019, the number of visitors to website per month estimated by Alexa is 1,260,000.
The traffic is remarkably higher than other internet service providers.
And their trend is still upward. Please read below article.

[url][/url]https://makers-online..com/2020/03/nigerian-telecom-companies-web-visitors.html

Can anybody tell Why Nigerian like Glo?
What is good in Glo's service?

Sorry, Readers.
Above was based on traffic data, which I found not consistent with Alexa ranking as following as at 29 March 2020.

Spectranet: Alexa Rank 11,109
Smile Nigeria: Alexa Rank 21,816
Swift Networks Limited: Alexa Rank 23,414
MTN Nigeria: Alexa Rank 45,065
9Mobile: Alexa Rank 56,054
Airtel Networks Limited: Alexa Rank 60,625
Globacom Limited: Alexa Rank 62,419
wifi.com.ng: Alexa Rank 193,063
ntel: Alexa Rank 221,084
ntel: Alexa Rank 46,400

Anyhow, Still, can I be informed what is good in Glo.

Note: I am not Glo user. I have no relation at all with Glo.
Re: Why Nigerian Like Glo? What Is Good In Glo? by misreal(m): 5:01pm On Mar 29, 2020
Times are hard sir.
Glo seems to be offering the average nigerian the wherewithal to surf the net and make calls with their slow network, and bonuses.
My point is, until nigeria gets better, people will continue using glo.

8 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Like Glo? What Is Good In Glo? by Pofgrace(m): 5:40pm On Mar 29, 2020
Glo is the best network so far in my area their 4g is hott

10 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Like Glo? What Is Good In Glo? by Temidayo9(m): 5:52pm On Mar 29, 2020
People talk about how fabulous Glo 4G network compared to other 4G network in Nigeria recently.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Like Glo? What Is Good In Glo? by OneKinGuy(m): 6:17pm On Mar 29, 2020
Glo offers one of the cheapest data plans in Nigeria and their 4g is one of the fastest.

16 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Like Glo? What Is Good In Glo? by Ejadike(m): 7:18pm On Mar 29, 2020
Well, people get lots of bonuses and data from Glo so that's why I think people stick with Glo

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Like Glo? What Is Good In Glo? by Osasnidas(m): 8:19pm On Mar 29, 2020
Airtel and MTN 4G speed combine is not as fast as that of Glo 4G

10 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Like Glo? What Is Good In Glo? by Osasnidas(m): 8:19pm On Mar 29, 2020
Airtel and MTN 4G speed combined is not as fast as that of Glo 4G

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Like Glo? What Is Good In Glo? by Thebwoy: 8:47pm On Mar 29, 2020
hmmm. how wrong is this lost
Re: Why Nigerian Like Glo? What Is Good In Glo? by Satan66(m): 8:55pm On Mar 29, 2020
Im using glo right now, sometimes the terrible Internet speed can make you run mad but they give great data plans.
2.3gb for #1000+free credit to call and message?
An OUTSTANDING deal I must say, something most Network providers can't do.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Like Glo? What Is Good In Glo? by Functionoftime(m): 11:04pm On Mar 29, 2020
Satan66:
Im using glo right now, sometimes the terrible Internet speed can make you run mad but they give great data plans.
2.3gb for #1000+free credit to call and message?
An OUTSTANDING deal I must say, something most Network providers can't do.
2.3gb for 1k?
I get 3.8gb for 1k on glo
Re: Why Nigerian Like Glo? What Is Good In Glo? by OluwasureGig: 11:15pm On Mar 29, 2020
Functionoftime:

2.3gb for 1k?
You probably use a new Glo sim
Re: Why Nigerian Like Glo? What Is Good In Glo? by Henrodah(m): 11:22pm On Mar 29, 2020
It's indigenous so am with it since 2005.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Like Glo? What Is Good In Glo? by TeamLeader(m): 12:03am On Mar 30, 2020
Osasnidas:
Airtel and MTN 4G speed combined is not as fast as that of Glo 4G

Are you high on fanta?

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Like Glo? What Is Good In Glo? by Zeeknow3245(m): 1:39am On Mar 30, 2020
Glo is slower than a slug and tortoise put together. Who told you Nigerians like Glo? Baba speak for urself. Look at the topic sef mtcheew

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Like Glo? What Is Good In Glo? by garyaustin(m): 4:07am On Mar 30, 2020
misreal:
Times are hard sir.
Glo seems to be offering the average nigerian the wherewithal to surf the net and make calls with their slow network, and bonuses.
My point is, until nigeria gets better, people will continue using glo.
I am in Port Harcourt and I make bold to inform you that Glo 4G speed is the fastest so far. Check screenshot attached.

Re: Why Nigerian Like Glo? What Is Good In Glo? by Functionoftime(m): 5:10am On Mar 30, 2020
OluwasureGig:

You probably use a new Glo sim
Sure na. To continue enjoying the offer, you must change sim every 3 months

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Like Glo? What Is Good In Glo? by Osasnidas(m): 6:17am On Mar 30, 2020
TeamLeader:

Are you high on fanta?
no I am not from where I stay... I have compared all of them... I used my phone to tether hotspot to my laptop in order to update it.. the data was 6gb... The Glo internet speed on my laptop was averaging 15-16mb/s it wasn't up to 45mins before the 6gb update downloaded.. I have stuck with glo..

Truth is Airtel and MTN 4G service here is so bad..
Re: Why Nigerian Like Glo? What Is Good In Glo? by Uyi168: 6:31am On Mar 30, 2020
Nor be my clear eyes I take run enter glo..
Since then, I've been smiling....
grin cheesy
Re: Why Nigerian Like Glo? What Is Good In Glo? by Satan66(m): 6:53am On Mar 30, 2020
Functionoftime:

2.3gb for 1k?
How? shocked
Re: Why Nigerian Like Glo? What Is Good In Glo? by blessedvisky(m): 6:54am On Mar 30, 2020
Functionoftime:

2.3gb for 1k?
How please
Re: Why Nigerian Like Glo? What Is Good In Glo? by Roon9(m): 7:08am On Mar 30, 2020
Functionoftime:

Sure na. To continue enjoying the offer, you must change sim every 3 months

It used to be 6 months or have they changed?
Re: Why Nigerian Like Glo? What Is Good In Glo? by numtums(m): 7:10am On Mar 30, 2020
blessedvisky:

How please
Get a new Glo sim every three months
Re: Why Nigerian Like Glo? What Is Good In Glo? by Functionoftime(m): 7:15am On Mar 30, 2020
Satan66:

How? shocked
Just get a new sim, recharge and subscribe. To continue enjoying the offer, you must change your sim after every 3 months
Cc: blessedvisky
Re: Why Nigerian Like Glo? What Is Good In Glo? by Functionoftime(m): 7:15am On Mar 30, 2020
Roon9:

It used to be 6 months or have they changed?
Yes. It's now 90days

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Like Glo? What Is Good In Glo? by IdeeEsperanza(m): 7:29am On Mar 30, 2020
I don't know about you guys, but I willingly disposed of my glo and Etisalat SIM cards. Those networks almost made me shed tears sometimes ago.

MTN 4G works best at the office.
Airtel 4G works best at home.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Like Glo? What Is Good In Glo? by terrezo2002(m): 7:31am On Mar 30, 2020
Glo seems to be fastest for me. I have used 9mobile and Airtel. Maybe it is the 4g. The download speed is super fast.
Re: Why Nigerian Like Glo? What Is Good In Glo? by Thales01: 7:47am On Mar 30, 2020
I started using glo three months ago which I was reluctant to owing to the preconceived notion I had about glo as being a slow network.I regretted not starting to use it earlier than I did.
The browsing speed on glo is fast as bleep not to even talk of the downloading speed.
Their data plans are tantalizing courtesy of the data bonuses coupled with a low data consumption rate which make it better than mtn and Airtel for me.Since I started using glo,I have put both my MTN and Airtel in the shelf.
Glo,the grandmaster of data indeed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Like Glo? What Is Good In Glo? by edoairways: 7:48am On Mar 30, 2020
Zeeknow3245:
Glo is slower than a slug and tortoise put together. Who told you Nigerians like Glo? Baba speak for urself. Look at the topic sef mtcheew
Based on the traffic on their site, I suspect demiris is carrying out a research

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Like Glo? What Is Good In Glo? by pyrex23(m): 10:02am On Mar 30, 2020
Glo has the best data plans and their 4g (especially band 28) is very good
Re: Why Nigerian Like Glo? What Is Good In Glo? by Nobody: 10:42am On Mar 30, 2020
IdeeEsperanza:
I don't know about you guys, but I willingly disposed of my glo and Etisalat SIM cards. Those networks almost made me shed tears sometimes ago.

MTN 4G works best at the office.
Airtel 4G works best at home.

precise location?
Re: Why Nigerian Like Glo? What Is Good In Glo? by Greatzeus(m): 10:53am On Mar 30, 2020
Glo gives more data and credit bonus than other network. Meaning most Nigerians who use Glo,do so to get more data at lower prices at the expense of quality network speed.
I have used Glo 3g and 4g,so I can authoritatively tell you Glo is the worst network in Nigeria between MTN Airtel Etisalat and Glo.
Before when I was using 3g phone,I tried Glo I couldn't exhaust my data because of slow network. But I read online that Glo 4g is very good,Infact it is the fastest network in the country,so I still give Glo opportunity of doubt.
When I got my 4g phone,I bought a new Glo sim and I bought Glo 17gb data plan. It was the worse network ever Infact slower than MTN 3g sometimes. I finished the data because I only bought it to download movies. Few times it was like lightening speed,but most times it was bad.
My conclusion is people buy Glo because of poverty mostly and so as to get more for less money at the expense of speed.
For me,I will never subscribe to Glo again,never. MTN all the way or Airtel.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Will You Buy For N77K Or Not / Exclusive unveiling and unboxing of Tecno Camon C9 gone viral on Snapchat / Free Internet Browsing On Phone And N20 Per Hour Internet Browsing & Free Dstv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.