Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,488 members, 7,830,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On Coronavirus (Live Updates) - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On Coronavirus (Live Updates) (86453 Views)

President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On EndSARS Protests (Live Updates) / Coronavirus: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians - Live Updates (13 April 2020) / Coronavirus: Buhari “Addresses” Nigerians On COVID-19 (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On Coronavirus (Live Updates) by desiredhome: 8:15pm On Mar 29, 2020
Parko:
That video is fake, the video and voice don't follow at all Nigeria!!! undecided. This country is beyond redemption.
Confused youths...... with same mouth he can't talk.....after seeing him....oh it's recorded speech....what a confused set of people?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On Coronavirus (Live Updates) by DModeCntStopMe: 8:16pm On Mar 29, 2020
Empiree:
[s]Be respectful. What more do you want?. How else do you want him to satisfy your greed?.

Your leaders are reflections of you[/s]

Anybody who is satisfied with this whack pre-recorded and heavily edited speech should have his head examined seriously
Re: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On Coronavirus (Live Updates) by backbone503(m): 8:16pm On Mar 29, 2020
You wanted a speech, there you have it.

Please note paragraph 55: "We also call on all Nigerians to take personal responsibility to support those who are vulnerable within their communities, helping them with whatever they may need".

Lots of people are going to need help to survive. please share whatever you have with those around you.
#EvenThisShallPassAway

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On Coronavirus (Live Updates) by SharpJoe: 8:19pm On Mar 29, 2020
Pacesetter123:
The speech make sense sharr!!

Sense?

How?

Do you know over 50 doctors have died in Italy? We need talk of a strategy to provide safety kits for health care workers. We need an indepth study of the mistakes Italy made in care delivery and not repeat it.

What about safety masks for Citizens across the Nation. Sanitizers. The essentials come first before school feeding.

We need food chain to continue from the farms to the markets. These people will be like soldiers going to the war front. They need to be trained and kitted to keep them alive.
Re: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On Coronavirus (Live Updates) by semyman: 8:19pm On Mar 29, 2020
Wailers are being deprived of oxygen with this address

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On Coronavirus (Live Updates) by Timika: 8:22pm On Mar 29, 2020
Where is Buhari addressing the country from? The flags and the settings looks like it's from another country's embassy.
Re: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On Coronavirus (Live Updates) by cappucino925(m): 8:23pm On Mar 29, 2020
Donte2845:
fool, that is what u are
Maybe you should go and quote your hopeless father and tell him that
Re: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On Coronavirus (Live Updates) by Dollabiz: 8:24pm On Mar 29, 2020
He should have resigned for failing the masses amidst this hardship
Re: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On Coronavirus (Live Updates) by Iceyjays(m): 8:24pm On Mar 29, 2020
Sirapretty870:

Never!!
Lol alot of people are just hungry and angry these days, are you working in a government organisation?
Re: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On Coronavirus (Live Updates) by jham01: 8:25pm On Mar 29, 2020
Some are alleging that the speech is pre-recorded and some idiots are backing their comments. How can a pre-recorded video revealed the figure of precise casualties and updated information?
Better keep mute than expose ur ignorance.
By default some ppl were neva asking for national address bt reasons to criticise. At least Nigeria is by far better in action than those nations u see as ur Gods!

5 Likes

Re: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On Coronavirus (Live Updates) by SharpJoe: 8:25pm On Mar 29, 2020
ThierryJay:

I would assume you are the goodjoehunt and I know your comments to be very analytical and on point. However, on this one, it is a bit less so.

While I agree with you on the urgency for improved testing, what Buhari said about providing palliatives for loans obtained by businesses under lockdown is equally important.

The economic recession that will be caused by COVID 19 can also lead to hundreds of thousands of death in a country like Nigeria. Many SMEs are funded by loan financing and the monthly interest payment obligations in the absence of revenue is a business killer. Hence, providing them with a moratorium (suspension of repayments) is perfectly in order. A lot of other countries have done the same.

Heck, the German Finance Minister committed suicide cos of the looming economic recession, so don't downplay this kind of intervention.

I am not saying it is not in order. However, priority. The speech today is a first line of action. Not relief.

You know, if he is a leader who addresses the people daily or at least 3 times a week, that can come later.

Today, we need the basics handled. Testing, Isolation, treatment, food supply chain, medical supply chain, kits for health workers, medicine. Innovative means of stopping immediate spread

When these pick up, he can talk of palliatives.

But first, the above require humongous amount of money when it concerns protecting the lives of millions of people. School feeding and loans is not a priority when he has not calculated how much it will cost to set up multiple testing centres across the country and isolation procedures.

If you imagine how much it will cost to test across the Nation in the coming days, you will understand the gravity.
Re: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On Coronavirus (Live Updates) by backbone503(m): 8:26pm On Mar 29, 2020
Jack500:
Recorded and edited thrash, I can hardly hear the nonsense he is saying.

Buhari is talking in the nonsense
He is talking on the rubbish

This country is on Autopilot.

He would have send Osibanjo, at Least I won't b straining my ear, and enjoy some fluency.

Hatred is a very terrible thing. Its far dreaded than Corona virus. Get well soon!

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On Coronavirus (Live Updates) by yeman1(m): 8:30pm On Mar 29, 2020
President Buhari spoiled my hearing today.. my brain did auto correction till pending that it couldn't anymore... imagine calling furthermore - fudamoi cheesy hush! So many bad accents from his speech a whole president for that matter. I watched how Ghanaian president spoke to his fellow citizen yesterday. .. u would see the vibrant in him and how he was serious . But here in Nigeria another story. Buhari said sea can continue to operate . I forgot the country that they arrested some ppl coming through sea and 50 ppl were tested positive of convid-19 and they were asked to go back ...whether Australia or Germany ,, I forgot but I watched the news on France 24.
Re: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On Coronavirus (Live Updates) by IJEYdiamond(f): 8:30pm On Mar 29, 2020
Welldone... Persido Bubu...

Though its pre recorded and you accidentally said this afternoon... well and well.....

Take care of yourself... I no say no be naija you dey... And Get well soon...!!
Re: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On Coronavirus (Live Updates) by SharpJoe: 8:30pm On Mar 29, 2020
ThierryJay:

I would assume you are the goodjoehunt and I know your comments to be very analytical and on point. However, on this one, it is a bit less so.

While I agree with you on the urgency for improved testing, what Buhari said about providing palliatives for loans obtained by businesses under lockdown is equally important.

The economic recession that will be caused by COVID 19 can also lead to hundreds of thousands of death in a country like Nigeria. Many SMEs are funded by loan financing and the monthly interest payment obligations in the absence of revenue is a business killer. Hence, providing them with a moratorium (suspension of repayments) is perfectly in order. A lot of other countries have done the same.

Heck, the German Finance Minister committed suicide cos of the looming economic recession, so don't downplay this kind of intervention.

The President is talking Abuja and Lagos. Heck, there is a case in Rivers State. If there was no testing done in Lagos and Abuja, we would not know the gravity.

There is no testing Lab in Rivers, Bayelsa, Cross River, Akwa Ibom and I think Delta. Before feeding and waving loans, these should be addressed. Kits should be addressed. You need masks around the country. You need sanitizers. We need to disinfect the cities and rural communities regularly. I doubt we have enough funds for that to channel money for school feeding programme.
Re: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On Coronavirus (Live Updates) by themanderon: 8:32pm On Mar 29, 2020
All these would have been avoided by the simple act of closing the damn boarders and stopping flights from those ravaged countries but they were busy boasting of being ready for something that has totally shaken the western world. All hot air no action now poor Nigerians would be made to suffer for their incompetence as usual.
What plans have they made to cater for the hunger and starvation that would most certainly be a fallout from the lock down? As usual nothing just lock the place down and let Hunger finish what corona started.
Our foolishness as a nation has come home to roost.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On Coronavirus (Live Updates) by ludd2018: 8:32pm On Mar 29, 2020
pre recorded n shot in Havana Cuba. fake broadcast

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On Coronavirus (Live Updates) by SharpJoe: 8:33pm On Mar 29, 2020
When is NCDC going to release the number of people tested across the country and the percentage of contacts to those tested they have traced?

No talk about that.

A den of Liars and thieves.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On Coronavirus (Live Updates) by SharpJoe: 8:34pm On Mar 29, 2020
Well equipped and a foreigner had to donate testing kits.

Shameless people.
Re: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On Coronavirus (Live Updates) by mickeymimi: 8:36pm On Mar 29, 2020
It is so difficult for Nigerians to stay at home , when some dont even have food or electricity ....may be the country is just too big for a president to handle.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On Coronavirus (Live Updates) by SharpJoe: 8:36pm On Mar 29, 2020
themanderon:
All these would have been avoided by the simple act of closing the damn boarders and stopping flights from those ravaged countries but they were busy boasting of being ready for something that has totally shaken the western world. All hot air no action now poor Nigerians would be made to suffer for their incompetence as usual.
What plans have they made to cater for the hunger and starvation that would most certainly be a fallout from the lock down? As usual nothing just lock the place down and let Hunger finish what corona started.
Our foolishness as a nation has come home to roost.

As in...

Even if they had Quarantined incoming people for 14 days and tested them, we would have been a whole lot better since January.
Re: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On Coronavirus (Live Updates) by SharpJoe: 8:38pm On Mar 29, 2020
mickeymimi:
It is so difficult for Nigerians to stay at home , when some dont even have food or electricity ....may be the country is just too big for a president to handle.

It is clear. Restructure the country, they said no. They want to rule everything by force when they are so incompetent to manage their bedrooms.
Re: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On Coronavirus (Live Updates) by laykman(m): 8:38pm On Mar 29, 2020
Righteousness89:
Hope it's not pre-recorded!
Hope it's Live!!

NoNoNoNoNo..
I am not so impressed...

His Excellency looks to Merely Reading a Book handed over to Him...

Infact His Excellency just finished Reading a book..

To be Sincere, I don't think this was live..

No Questions From Journalist!

This is Not Impressive at all at all at all..

There seems Something fishy about our Presidency! I can't really say but there is something fishy!

O LORD GOD who has the Secret of men, EXPOSE the Mystery Surrounding the Nigerian Seat of Power in The Name of JESUS..

A fallen star implies the fall of a great person. Well, I'm just wondering who it is that has fallen.
Re: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On Coronavirus (Live Updates) by ThierryJay: 8:39pm On Mar 29, 2020
SharpJoe:

I am not saying it is not in order. However, priority. The speech today is a first line of action. Not relief.

You know, if he is a leader who addresses the people daily or at least 3 times a week, that can come later.

Today, we need the basics handled. Testing, Isolation, treatment, food supply chain, medical supply chain, kits for health workers, medicine. Innovative means of stopping immediate spread

When these pick up, he can talk of palliatives.

But first, the above require humongous amount of money when it concerns protecting the lives of millions of people. School feeding and loans is not a priority when he has not calculated how much it will cost to set up multiple testing centres across the country and isolation procedures.

If you imagine how much it will cost to test across the Nation in the coming days, you will understand the gravity.

I disagree with you on the above, economic palliatives are also priority at this time as financial obligations are currently under strain i.e repayments are falling due as we speak. How long do you think it takes a business to crumble in the absence of cashflows?

My point is that both issues should be addressed simultaneously, not one at the detriment of the other. Even, the UK and the US had first announced several economic palliative measures before they significantly ramped up their frequency of testing.

What I agree with you on is that Buhari's speech didn't address the disease containment plans adequately at all. I suspect that this is because of a lack of coordination with NCDC for the know-how on the medical technicalities by his team.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On Coronavirus (Live Updates) by Farki: 8:40pm On Mar 29, 2020
Wiseoldman:

The insults are not intelligent bros. Some people that can't define the basic component of a neural network are saying the video is a deepfake.

Wahala dey black man country. Instead of us to join hand to build our country, we wont to destroy it and run away to obodo oyinbo. Just to you can be sending 100USD to your village people.

The people saying this is fake are simply idiots, it might be heavily edited and prerecorded but not a fake.

Concerning your second point most of the people who leave do so because Nigerians are content with mediocrity. When you leave the country and see things working you will never want to come back. Truth is a lot of Nigerians are poorly educated and see the horrible state we find ourselves as normal, to the point when trying to fix it gets you labelled as an 'oversabi'.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On Coronavirus (Live Updates) by olumide4christ: 8:42pm On Mar 29, 2020
Victorious1000:
Nigerians are something else really! Before tonight many of you were up in arms asking why the president hasn't address the nation and now he's about to do that, more rubbish is been rolled out about 'prepared speech ' doctored tape ''staged that ' blah blah blah

There's nothing than can please a wailer! SMH

You're grossly on point! They are not even talking about the points raised in the speech & how it will impact life for the next two weeks but rather on pre-recorded speech, grammar, etc.
Donald Trump that appears on TV everyday and speaks all the grammar, talking as if he is in a Republican political rally; how has it helped the situation in USA? Their numbers are rising everyday, their health workers are complaining bitterly about lack of equipment, PPE, imagine a lady complaining on CNN last night that they as workers in the government hospitals in New York are asked to use 1 nose mask for 5 days whereas it should be used for just a day & disposed...a whole USA??
How has the fluency of Trump helped anything?

So many children forming immature adults on this forum!!!
Re: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On Coronavirus (Live Updates) by SharpJoe: 8:46pm On Mar 29, 2020
ThierryJay:

I disagree with you on the above, economic palliatives are also priority at this time as financial obligations are currently under strain i.e repayments are falling due as we speak. How long do you think it takes a business to crumble in the absence of cashflows?

My point is that both issues should be addressed simultaneously, not one at the detriment of the other. Even, the UK and the US had first announced several economic palliative measures before they significantly ramped up their frequency of testing.

What I agree with you on is that Buhari's speech didn't address the disease containment plans adequately at all. I suspect that this is because of a lack of coordination with NCDC for the know-how on the medical technicalities by his team.

Canada released a billion dollars, that is over 400 billion naira for intervention. They can talk about that. America released over that earlier and then set interventions in Trillions of dollars. They can talk about that. These countries already have response systems set up already before the intervention funds.

In our case we do not have testing kits, safety gears for health workers. We do not have adequate testing and we are channeling money for programmes when we do not have enough for even health care workers.

When will we talk of medicine and ventilators?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Governor Ortom Attacked By Owl In RCCG Church After Supreme Court Judgement / Buhari And Osinbajo On “The Candidates” (Live Updates) / Pictures Of Remi Tinubu, Aisha Buhari And Patience Jonathan In Their Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.