Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 (37695 Views)

Heritage Ajibola: OAU Student Dies After Falling Into Septic Tank In Her Hostel / I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked / UNILAG Sacks Toyin Ogundipe As Vice Chancellor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by Wasbayd: 8:53am On Mar 30, 2020
Rest in peace great icon.

Brighter Grammar (1-4) and English Without Tears are books I loved so much. Especially for those illustrative cartoons in Brighter Grammar, which I would say are great tools in making readers love and understand English Language better.

Did anyone remember the story of a man that went to a pharmacist to buy a medicine for his wife's headache?

1 Like

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:53am On Mar 30, 2020
Antoeni:
RIP Ma ,Indomie Generation & Malians Will Not Understand

Especially the Marlians.....

Stupid people......

3 Likes

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by Gab2073: 8:53am On Mar 30, 2020
Yes[b], "you'd be remembered for what you have done".[/b] May God accept her.
Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by Lamanii22(f): 8:54am On Mar 30, 2020
Officialgarri:

Then I'll start ;
A cat
A fat cat
A fat cat sat on a mat
..... cry cry

This line is from queen premier/primer or so it's not brighter grammar...
Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by Lamanii22(f): 8:55am On Mar 30, 2020
Wasbayd:
Rest in peace great icon.

Brighter Grammar (1-4) and English Without Tears are books I loved so much. Especially for those illustrative cartoons in Brighter Grammar, which I would say are great tools in making readers love and understand English Language better.

Did anyone remember the story of a man that went to a pharmacist to buy a medicine for his wife's headache?

Yes... Every houses then had that book, we still do but I don't even know where it is... Thank you ms phebean... Rest in peace ma...

1 Like

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by mu2sa2: 8:56am On Mar 30, 2020
Brighter Grammar. Great books that helped many to pass almighty Waec English with C6 or higher in those days. Are the books still in print? Sadly, even if they were, where are the readers?

2 Likes

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by HAKYN1: 8:58am On Mar 30, 2020
Blankstare:
Wow, the book was a bullet 1-3 I Know of, I still remember in uni some lecturers still keep in their shelf for referral.

Rest on mama, God bless your soul!

A lecturer told my class during lecture back then that he was still consulting the book

1 Like

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by bbankky: 8:58am On Mar 30, 2020
Rest in peace mama

1 Like

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by Spectrum22: 8:59am On Mar 30, 2020
Achiever!

Rest In Peace Ma.

Is it not an insult that people like these never get the kind of recognition they deserve from our government?

4 Likes

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by GraceSmile1(f): 9:00am On Mar 30, 2020
Really thought it was a man that wrote the book then. Brighter Grammar, Queen's Premier Structural English, Mastering English, Ugo C.Ugo, Students Companion et al.Evergreen books.

Thank God she fulfilled purpose & impacted lives in her profession.
RIP Oh! Mama

1 Like

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by seunadeolu(m): 9:02am On Mar 30, 2020
I do
Shellsploit:
RIP... sad

And i just finished reading the standard edition i borrowed from my neighbour.

Abeg who get the PDF version sef
Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by jidxin(m): 9:03am On Mar 30, 2020
dawnomike:
Brigther grammer... That english textbook back then just seemed top advance for each class! I only enjoyed the illustrative pictures back then grin
making use of boxes

1 Like

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by jidxin(m): 9:03am On Mar 30, 2020
Abbeyme:
All the while, I use to think P A Ogundipe was a man. I used the New Practical English textbook from Form 1 to SS3. Even the brighter was from back to back.

Great books.

May her intelligent spirit rest in great peace.
me too oo.

2 Likes

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 30, 2020
Texazzpetes favorite book, right after queens English primer grin
Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by Mrtaye: 9:05am On Mar 30, 2020
MZrappermynd4u:
People just throwing money everywhere... Even davash222 the notorious women basher begged from a lady he bashes frequently..

Nawa ooo... Hunger had made alpha men beg for bread from ladies
Na so naw lockdown tinz
Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by EROMS38(m): 9:06am On Mar 30, 2020
She was a great writer. I used the brighter grammer book when i was in JS 1 in 1995.
Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by AmuRubber(m): 9:06am On Mar 30, 2020
Buffalo2:

Haa! That's upper standard Larcombe (with green cover) no be here. E tough die! Na dere una go see hectometer, decameter, etc

Ol'boy, na true u talk o!

1 Like

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by AfroKnight: 9:08am On Mar 30, 2020
Officialgarri:
Na dis woman write Brighter grammar? shocked

It was as though my mum used that book as a punishment for me when I was little.

If I talked too much, danced too much, ate too much, played too much...... She would tell me to go bring my brighter grammar or queen's primer cry

Even after reading the book, my mum would ask me to start from the first page again. cry

Then I'll start ;
A cat
A fat cat
A fat cat sat on a mat

Queen Primer was the real deal. grin
Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by Mrtaye: 9:09am On Mar 30, 2020
ogorwyne:

You just gave me sweet Memories smiley
I go up
We go up
I'm I to go up? I am
Is he to go up? He is?
We go up
Up up we go.

I don't know if I got this in the correct sequence. I came in content with My brighter grammar and Queen's premier the last time I went home, they are still clean. Folded the backs with calendars. grin

You be old gee oooooo
Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by Mrtaye: 9:11am On Mar 30, 2020
GraceSmile1:
Really thought it was a man that wrote the book then. Brighter Grammar, Queen's Premier Structural English, Mastering English, Ugo C.Ugo, Students Companion et al.Evergreen books.

Thank God she fulfilled purpose & impacted lives in her profession.
RIP Oh! Mama
Ugo C Ugo is the name of the author
Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by Awoleesu(m): 9:13am On Mar 30, 2020
Officialgarri:

It was as though my mum used that book as a punishment for me when I was little.

If I talked too much, danced too much, ate too much, played too much...... She would tell me to go bring my brighter grammar or queen's primer cry

Even after reading the book, my mum would ask me to start from the first page again. cry

Then I'll start ;
A cat
A fat cat
A fat cat sat on a mat
..... cry cry

Lalasticlala mynd44 Seun did you read this book too?
You've got a great Mom guy!
You sef, you know see how you sound? wink

3 Likes

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by blowjohn(m): 9:14am On Mar 30, 2020
Shellsploit:
RIP... sad

And i just finished reading the standard edition i borrowed from my neighbour.

Abeg who get the PDF version sef

I get the audio version. U want?
Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by Sultty(m): 9:15am On Mar 30, 2020
Brighter grammar d book always appearing in my list of books. Rip ma
Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by Gilbertman(m): 9:17am On Mar 30, 2020
May her soul rest in peace. May her children and family continue to bask and thrive in her legacy.
I passed just before the introduction of her book.
Would see if I can get a copy of one of them, for memorabilia.
Nigerian does have great minds, how are we celebrating them?
Imagine not knowing of her history or her gender by most that read and excel through the knowledge gain from her books?
In another world, she will be in the Wikipedia and honored in Contemporary arts.
Wiki mentioned her under the town Esa Oke https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esa-Oke
By the way where are the notable artists on NL? To do mama's portrait as gift for the family...?

3 Likes

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by babsdeen(m): 9:22am On Mar 30, 2020

1 Like

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by sisisioge: 9:24am On Mar 30, 2020
Awwww...I still have those books- 1-4. May God rest her well.

2 Likes

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by odurombi: 9:30am On Mar 30, 2020
Never really knew that the face behind the name is a female figure; our assumption is inconsequential because the books, especially 'Brighter Grammar' Series, did help many a student improve their English grammar.

Adieu, mama!

1 Like

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by OmoOduduwa01: 9:32am On Mar 30, 2020
Officialgarri:

Then I'll start ;
A cat
A fat cat
A fat cat sat on a mat
..... cry cry

Lalasticlala mynd44 Seun did you read this book too?
You are talking about Queen' s Primer and not Brighter Grammar
Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by DozieInc(m): 9:37am On Mar 30, 2020
A life well spent... farewell mama

Brighter Grammar helped my foundation in reading and comprehension... an impactful book.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 30, 2020
Amazing simply amazing

1 Like

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by meedx: 9:38am On Mar 30, 2020
Just two weeks ago, I went online searching for brighter grammar . I was able to get brighter grammar 1.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

No Resumption Date Yet For Schools / Ahmadu Bello University Zaria Admission List / University Of Nigeria 'UNN' Dropout Made A Lecturer By Hong Kong University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.