Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,924 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 (37689 Views)

Heritage Ajibola: OAU Student Dies After Falling Into Septic Tank In Her Hostel / I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked / UNILAG Sacks Toyin Ogundipe As Vice Chancellor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by delishpot: 11:59am On Mar 30, 2020
Officialgarri:

I can't tell which, but I mentioned both books in my previous comment

I am Sorry I skipped that part. It's all good sir cool

2 Likes

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by PrinceOfDark: 12:26pm On Mar 30, 2020
[s]
Officialgarri:

I can't tell which, but I mentioned both books in my previous comment
[/s]
Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by gibzzhd: 12:41pm On Mar 30, 2020
MT:
God rests your soul. You impacted my life and I just bought a few copies of your books from a bookshop a few weeks ago.

I still don't understand why textbooks like brighter grammar and NOEC will be expunged from Nigeria list of books only to be replaced with some Mickey mouse textbooks.

I tell you.Then it was just McMillan (Eze goes to school and simbi is a girl) as well as Oxford Nation wide.The standard was the same and high.Now corruption and attempt to make money has thrown a lot of sub standard books in the market

1 Like

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by gibzzhd: 12:43pm On Mar 30, 2020
Even literature text then was uniformed and standardized.Now it's so random the books read in primary and secondary school.Numerous shitty books all over the place.
Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by Iretii0511(m): 12:46pm On Mar 30, 2020
madampresident:
I remember my class peeps had this textbook.
I never had textbooks growing up as a kid.
It's a miracle that I can read and write today kiss

We are in the same shoe ma'am. The same reason I hardly comment on threads like this.
Funny thing is, in the days of Macmillan, I lead the other pupils in reading to them the content of the books.
According to the Yoruba people, Malu ti o niru, Olohun lo ba n lesinsin.

1 Like

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 30, 2020
seunadeolu:
I do
Pls upload the PDF/link. Thanks.
Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by GalaticHorde: 2:39pm On Mar 30, 2020
I used it oh, started in nursery 3, looked and sounded alien to me, all I was wanting throughout was to go home and be embraced by mum grin men don't grow sha cheesy

1 Like

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by Nobody: 3:06pm On Mar 30, 2020
R I P ma
Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by emmatuegbe(m): 3:12pm On Mar 30, 2020
She made English vocabulary easy. She left a legacy that will outlive her. RIP ma.

2 Likes

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by Ayuzz007(m): 3:33pm On Mar 30, 2020
May her soul rest in perfect peace... this post brought back some memories... adieu Mama.

1 Like

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by bakinyaro: 3:40pm On Mar 30, 2020
It is still one of the most recommended texts in the nigerian system of education where ss1 students cannot read or spell.

Rest in peace ma...

1 Like

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by Legendguru: 3:41pm On Mar 30, 2020
Oh
Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by makinson2865: 4:19pm On Mar 30, 2020
aycorporat:
I have always tried to find out the person behind this book. So it was Mama? Another version of New General Mathematics and Lacommbe's Mathematics as Brighter Grammar was as tough as these two books with diagrams to accompany it.
Sleep well mama as you helped kids in our generation then.

Awwww, did you just mention lacommbe! That tough arithmetic book. Omo, that book really builds my eldest siblings. They are all maths guru till today.

I grew up to meet brighter grammar in my daddy's library. However, I was too lazy(last born n spoilt child) to digest it which culminated to my poor English... Rest on Grandma

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by Daraplato(m): 4:59pm On Mar 30, 2020
Officialgarri:
Na dis woman write Brighter grammar? shocked

It was as though my mum used that book as a punishment for me when I was little.

If I talked too much, danced too much, ate too much, played too much...... She would tell me to go bring my brighter grammar or queen's primer cry

Even after reading the book, my mum would ask me to start from the first page again. cry

Then I'll start ;
A cat
A fat cat
A fat cat sat on a mat
..... cry cry

Lalasticlala mynd44 Seun did you read this book too?

Lol.

On a light note, at least something good came out of it, you can write good English

1 Like

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by Mariangeles(f): 5:04pm On Mar 30, 2020
Officialgarri:

It was as though my mum used that book as a punishment for me when I was little.

If I talked too much, danced too much, ate too much, played too much...... She would tell me to go bring my brighter grammar or queen's primer cry

Even after reading the book, my mum would ask me to start from the first page again. cry

Then I'll start ;
A cat
A fat cat
A fat cat sat on a mat
..... cry cry

grin grin grin

Was or is your mum a teacher?
Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by aycorporat(m): 5:15pm On Mar 30, 2020
makinson2865:

Awwww, did you just mention lacommbe! That tough arithmetic book. Omo, that book really builds my eldest siblings. They are all maths guru till today.

I grew up to meet brighter grammar in my daddy's library. However, I was too lazy(last born n spoilt child) to digest it which culminated to my poor English... Rest on Grandma

My brother, dad used tht Larcommbe to punish me gaann! However today, I solve mathematics without making use of the calculator. I appreciate him for that.

1 Like

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by Bibliophobia: 9:14pm On Mar 30, 2020
Bibliophobia:
People just throwing money everywhere... Even davash222 the notorious women basher begged from a lady he bashes frequently..

Nawa ooo... Hunger had made alpha men beg for bread from ladies
Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by MisterMan(m): 9:42pm On Mar 30, 2020
Officialgarri:

Then I'll start ;
A cat
A fat cat
A fat cat sat on a mat
..... cry cry

God bless your mother and this wonderful woman. Their efforts were[b] NOT[/b] wasted. They show in your flawless command of the language. Thank God your sweet mother 'punished' you with the book. I don't know if you are married. If you have kids, please 'punish' them with it. God bless you, your (un)born, hopefully-to-be-punished kids, your mom and this angel of an educationist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by MisterMan(m): 9:46pm On Mar 30, 2020
Antoeni:
RIP Ma ,Indomie Generation & Marlians Will Not Understand
You are right on point man. I bought 2 of her books: book3 and 4. None of my children ever opened it. The only thing kids of these days do is to waste their time on Facebook. They never wanted to task their brain.

2 Likes

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by MisterMan(m): 10:06pm On Mar 30, 2020
Sweet mama, rest on. You came, you taught. you conquered. The testimony is there for thousands who read your books. I am sure you are are resting happily in the bosom of your Lord.

Good night mama

1 Like

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by Antoeni(m): 11:42pm On Mar 30, 2020
Marlians don’t Read this Kind Of Books
Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by NamelessOGBENI(m): 3:52am On Mar 31, 2020
Antoeni:
RIP Ma ,Indomie Generation & Marlians Will Not Understand
Marlians wee not be happy o
Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by Mrtaye: 7:18am On Mar 31, 2020
GraceSmile1:

Yes, thanks for correcting
It's Vocational Apptitude but sincerely, then amongst ourselves(pupils), we called the book, "Ugo C.Ugo" seems that was the only book called with the author's name

Yea I understand it's been a long time ago,like 25/30 years ago
Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by Buffalo2(m): 2:05pm On Apr 01, 2020
femi4:
That book is tough. After mastering New General Mathematics, I tried larcombe but had to drop it for its use of old units
. You are right. Most of the measurements are old units and you have to keep converting. But in real sense, the book is good.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

No Resumption Date Yet For Schools / Recession: Lagos Parents Withdraw Kids From Private Schools / University Of Nigeria 'UNN' Dropout Made A Lecturer By Hong Kong University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.