Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,361 members, 7,860,993 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:28 PM

FDA Approves Emergency Use Of Hydroxychloroquine & Chloroquine For Covid-19 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FDA Approves Emergency Use Of Hydroxychloroquine & Chloroquine For Covid-19 (345 Views)

US Approves Chloroquine For Treating Coronavirus / Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA / Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

FDA Approves Emergency Use Of Hydroxychloroquine & Chloroquine For Covid-19 by Nobody: 3:19am On Mar 30, 2020
The Food and Drug Administration on Sunday issued an emergency use authorization for hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine, decades-old malaria drugs championed by President Donald Trump for coronavirus treatment despite scant evidence.

The agency allowed for the drugs to be "donated to the Strategic National Stockpile to be distributed and prescribed by doctors to hospitalized teen and adult patients with COVID-19, as appropriate, when a clinical trial is not available or feasible," HHS said in a statement, announcing that Sandoz donated 30 million doses of hydroxychloroquine to the stockpile and Bayer donated 1 million doses of chloroquine.

1 Like

Re: FDA Approves Emergency Use Of Hydroxychloroquine & Chloroquine For Covid-19 by Franzinni: 3:56am On Mar 30, 2020
Where is that nairaland bingo that was saying I was spreading scam news and I should contact ncdc to approve not nairaland ... Now you can see the people that taught your ncdc work have approved and you can now see that your stupidity is record breaking ... I know you will dodge this thread ... But if you come across it ... This is my message to you --- your fada---
Re: FDA Approves Emergency Use Of Hydroxychloroquine & Chloroquine For Covid-19 by sobastical: 4:38am On Mar 30, 2020
Nice move at last but I think FDA is slow in making decision, couple with the fact that the number of confirmed and death rate has risen beyond normal.

(1) (Reply)

We Are Trying To Find Over 6000 People - NCDC / Efforts Made So Far In Producing Coronavirus Vaccine / COVID-19: What My Bank Sent Compared With My Electricity Provider

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.