Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,797 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Rio Giardinieri - Florida Coronavirus Patient Has Warning - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Rio Giardinieri - Florida Coronavirus Patient Has Warning (625 Views)

My Patient Has Gonorrhea In Her Eye (photos) / Ekiti Coronavirus Patient Has Been Discharged (Pictures) / Uber Driver That Carried The Italian Coronavirus Patient In Nigeria Speaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rio Giardinieri - Florida Coronavirus Patient Has Warning by osusu(m): 9:19am On Mar 30, 2020
Sequel to this thread - https://www.nairaland.com/5763075/coronavirus-survivor-says-chloroquine-saved

The Florida man who claims his severe coronavirus case was cured overnight by an anti-malaria drug touted by President Trump says he’s feeling good a week later — but has warned others not to try the “dangerous” drug at home.
Rio Giardinieri, 52, said he returned to his Miami Shores home Tuesday night and is recovering well after being prescribed hydroxychloroquine, according to Yahoo News .
“Man, I’m alive and kickin’,” Giardinieri told the outlet. “Feeling good.”
But he warned people not to take the “game-changing” drug without a doctor’s consent.
“The one thing that scares me to death is people taking these stories and going out and self-diagnosing and self-medicating,” said Giardinieri. “They can’t do that. They’ve got to go to a doctor.”
He said he has received messages on social media from people asking him how to take hydroxychloroquine.
“I’m like, ‘No no. You got this wrong. It’s a dangerous drug. Don’t take this unless it’s being prescribed and you get your dosage based on your weight and your size and how your body reacts,’” he said.
His warning comes after an Arizona man died from ingesting an additive used to clean fish tanks — the pharmaceutical drug version of which was touted by Trump as a potential coronavirus cure.
Last week, doctors at the Memorial Regional Hospital in South Florida diagnosed Giardinieri with the coronavirus and put him on oxygen in the ICU.
Doctors told him there was nothing more they could do after a week and Giardinieri said goodbye to his wife and three children. But he reportedly made a full recovery after taking the prescription drug, which has been used to treat auto-immune diseases like lupus.

source: https://nypost.com/2020/03/26/florida-coronavirus-patient-has-warning-about-anti-malaria-drug-touted-by-trump/

cc
lalasticlala
mynd44
dominique
frontpage pls

Re: Rio Giardinieri - Florida Coronavirus Patient Has Warning by Votewisely2019: 9:21am On Mar 30, 2020
Ok,
It should be noted that chloroquine is not a drug that should be self medicated
Re: Rio Giardinieri - Florida Coronavirus Patient Has Warning by sLentlover7778(m): 10:10am On Mar 30, 2020
Life itself is all about taking risk..las las we go dey alright... grin grin grin
Re: Rio Giardinieri - Florida Coronavirus Patient Has Warning by osusu(m): 11:17am On Jul 13, 2020
Re: Rio Giardinieri - Florida Coronavirus Patient Has Warning by osusu(m): 10:20am On Sep 16, 2021
seanjy4konji
Good day, I decided to mention you on a dead thread just to call your attention to something.
Thank u
Re: Rio Giardinieri - Florida Coronavirus Patient Has Warning by seanjy4konji: 11:14am On Sep 16, 2021
??
osusu:
seanjy4konji
Good day, I decided to mention you on a dead thread just to call your attention to something.
Thank u
Re: Rio Giardinieri - Florida Coronavirus Patient Has Warning by osusu(m): 1:26pm On Sep 16, 2021
seanjy4konji:
??

Thank you for your time

(1) (Reply)

Case Closed / Reorganize Yourself Or Risk Another Lockdown - NCDC To Nigerians / Breaking: Nigeria Records 148 New Cases Of #COVID19, 98 Deaths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.